• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Deadshot Daquiri- Changes aim assist from body/chest to directly at their heads. A bit silly and my least favorite perk but you might as well get em all if you get far enough.
I thought you said you needed to kill George to get all 7 perks. But I'm pretty sure deadshot is on the map, its at the top of the lighthouse.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Ok guys.

Can we possibly go on today and make it rain Tomahawks like the bosses that we are?

I just wanna see like 8 of us all throw Tomahawks on the spawn and devastate some fools.

I was doing it in S&D earlier and yesterday a bit.
D:

a full party with tomahawks, i can dig it

i have scavenger pro and warlord pro too :awesome:

ill be on in like half an hour
Sweeeeeet.

Yeah Scavenger and Warlord is what I'm running.

:D
Scav+Warlord+Marathon is a boss move.

I miss you guys. :(

Grandeza

Smash Master
I thought you said you needed to kill George to get all 7 perks. But I'm pretty sure deadshot is on the map, its at the top of the lighthouse.
*You can only get 4 perks through buying them. After that the game no longer allows you to buy anymore. The only way to get more than 4 at a time is to kill george romero. he drops a random perk when you kill him. Wash rinse and repeat for perk 6 and 7.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What are everyone's thoughts on the new Zombie map? I haven't heard anything about it in a while, and I was wondering if I should bother buying a $15 map pack just to play it. I love zombies.
I personally don't do it because they changed everything that made zombies good and gave us annoying gimmicks.

Call of the Dead, in my opinion, can be intimidating at first, but isn't a big hassle when you understand the map. There are easily enough spots to do well with two players and circle up zombies.
"Circling" zombies is a strategy that only works when Romero isn't present. Say what you will, but he will walk in your line of fire and the best training spots are those not near water. He's also really, really fast when angry and the map has such narrow hallways that one stray zombie could block an escape route and cause you to die.

Although my best now is three man zombies. I remember Alex saying that one of the issues was that Jug was too far away. I never found this to be an issue. I've gotten Jug as early as round 5 or 6, but I do admit, it may be a bit more debris to open than other maps. But it shouldn't be an issue getting it before round 9 or 10.
My point when I said that Jug was far away is that you have to clear a **** ton of debris, leaving you no money for the box. Oh, and sometimes the box spawns on the opposite side of the map, causing you to buy even more debris. There's also no max ammo rounds, so conserving your money is key. You'll have to be buying and upgrading new guns every few rounds.

A good portion of the map is narrow which can lead to getting trapped. Simple solution, don't be running around in narrow areas mid round on higher rounds. And I've gotten downed in the lighthouse on round 27 or so, gotten revived, and gotten Jug mid round without too much trouble before(although even one zombie can really **** you over).
You can't just say "Don't go into the narrow areas." Your teammate goes down at the Lighthouse, you're at Quick Revive. You could go to the ship and use the flipper, but it has the most narrow staircase ever. You could run up the mountain, but zombies come up from the ground and above from the ceiling. There's no situation where you're truly safe. Also keep in mind their are no monkeys so Quick Revive is crucial.

And of course the big elephant in the room, George Romero. he is a nuisance. Whoever is circling up zombies right outside the lighthouse should grab him. Just because that is the most open area so you can work him in with you. I usually circle on the bottom floor of the lighthouse so I don't deal with George Romero too much. He's not THAT hard to kill either. You just need the right weapons. And if you empty the death machines you pick up into George, you can take out a big chunk of his health. (But he runs so be careful!)
The problem with George is that when he dies, he comes back. I'm the one that deals with Romero and let me tell you it is not easy. Point is that you shouldn't waste valuable ammo on killing Romero. Death machines are uncommon so don't count on them.

No irksome monkeys so that's a plus. Oh and I remember another one of Mad's complaints was the lack of monkey bombs making revives harder/not guaranteed. I think a nice weapon to have is the upgraded starting pistol. Just because if you only use it when going for a revive, you can just take a couple shots at a large horde of Zombies and kill all of them immediately and get the revive. And if you ever get trapped, theyre a quick pistol whip out(of course get PHD flopper with em).
I'd love to have monkeys back, because they gave you a free perk + a max ammo. It was fair. The pistols create crawlers and that doesn't stop zombies from behind you.

Oh the new wonder weapon is garbage. Seriously sucks. No good at all. Serious waste of a weapon.
This, but

I really like Call of the Dead tbh.
Not this.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtXr8jLyP7A

First episode of the Bear n' Badger show just went up, but I need Tim to contact me on AIM. I'd upload to the SWF channel, but the password was changed for some reason.
I lost count on how many times Icy said "OH!". I also laughed at the end when that sniper failed to kill you.

The password was changed? wtf? I'll talk to you on AIM later today about this. (Dunno who changed the password but w/e...)

EDIT: I'll start playing more SnD with you guys in MW2...even tho that game makes me rage. :mad:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart

Discuss.
I haven't seen this posted yet.
Also, Lightweight is the most common first perk because it is what everyone starts out with PLUS it is the second most common perk that you will see in games with level 50s. You will actually see an average of 3.5 ghost users per game.
F8AL, I don't want to post twice, but does the page stretching matter that much?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I saw it before but I didn't want to stretch the page.

EDIT: It does to me.

And it's inaccurate, ghost isn't the most used blue perk!?!?!?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Discuss.
I haven't seen this posted yet.
Also, Lightweight is the most common first perk because it is what everyone starts out with PLUS it is the second most common perk that you will see in games with level 50s. You will actually see an average of 3.5 ghost users per game.
F8AL, I don't want to post twice, but does the page stretching matter that much?
Someone watched RagingAmish this morning too.

I hold .0004% of black op's population of tomahawk kills
You're a superstar.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Bear N' Badger show was great. Probably the best thing I've seen/heard since Shoot to Kill. >:l

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Speaking of which...

I went to the Anime Convention in Chicago this weekend. Found some weapon dealers. Decided it was time to pick up a couple things...

I've been wanting to learn how to properly 'throw' for a while now (before I played CoD), as I'm a weapon enthusiast. Now I think I have a proper start.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
ODIN, be the cool version of mel gibson in The Patriot and throw that tomahawk of justice at those redcoats

or kids, whichever one you'd like

*agrees with incandescent upper body limbs*

Fletch

Smash Master
Keep those things out of Lincoln Park ODIN, I don't need to be watching my back as I'm walking down the street now.

Grandeza

Smash Master
"Circling" zombies is a strategy that only works when Romero isn't present. Say what you will, but he will walk in your line of fire and the best training spots are those not near water. He's also really, really fast when angry and the map has such narrow hallways that one stray zombie could block an escape route and cause you to die.
Best spot imo is right outside the lighthouse which has water(although it's extremely tiny). I do concede that the line of fire thing is a pain in the ***. But all that means for me is I have to be a little more careful and patient.

My point when I said that Jug was far away is that you have to clear a **** ton of debris, leaving you no money for the box. Oh, and sometimes the box spawns on the opposite side of the map, causing you to buy even more debris. There's also no max ammo rounds, so conserving your money is key. You'll have to be buying and upgrading new guns every few rounds.
Who gives a **** about the box at round 7 anyways? The AK74u or MP40 are right by Jug and are totally doable at round 10 even. Plus, the weaker the gun, the more points you get. Which is why ammo isn't a big constraint. 74u is located pretty nicely. Even when I don't use 74u, ammo doesn't become a problem until mid to late 20s. By then I have enough money to be spending a ton on the box if I have to.

You can't just say "Don't go into the narrow areas." Your teammate goes down at the Lighthouse, you're at Quick Revive. You could go to the ship and use the flipper, but it has the most narrow staircase ever. You could run up the mountain, but zombies come up from the ground and above from the ceiling. There's no situation where you're truly safe. Also keep in mind their are no monkeys so Quick Revive is crucial.
This is never a problem for me. I circle zombies on the bottom floor of the lighthouse. My teammate does it right outside the lighthouse. IF he goes down i can go down the slide and go get him or just stroll out the front door of the lighthouse. Then I just blast all the zombies away with upgraded pistols and get the revive(granted that usually pisses off Romero so we fall back into the water and go from there).

The problem with George is that when he dies, he comes back. I'm the one that deals with Romero and let me tell you it is not easy. Point is that you shouldn't waste valuable ammo on killing Romero. Death machines are uncommon so don't count on them.
Yeah george makes things harder. I kill him between rounds with a crawler by using the box a lot. (Or you could keep PHD flopping him i suppose)

I'd love to have monkeys back, because they gave you a free perk + a max ammo. It was fair. The pistols create crawlers and that doesn't stop zombies from behind you.
Hit a horde of zombies dead on with pistols and you almost never get crawlers. If you get crawlers you probably hit a wall next to the zombies. and two zombies from behind won't hinder a quick revive if I have jug.

Welp, it's just a difference of opinions really. I'm sure neither of us will magically convince the other but I really do like Call of the Dead.

And I beat my record and got to 30 yesterday but had to go to sleep :<

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Keep those things out of Lincoln Park ODIN, I don't need to be watching my back as I'm walking down the street now.
He gon find you

Is there any news about that mainstream nuketown 24/7 playlist happening? The one that was going to be available for a while rather than for just a weekend?

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
so i start my job tomorrow, ill be working 9-5 on weekdays, so can TEAM SWF reschedule their regular 1-4 sessions to sometime after 6

pl0x

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Upgrading from my turtle beach x1s today. Picking up a pair of Tritton ax720s in a bit and possibly turtle beach x11s for the hell of it. Should make sound whoring much easier.

Top Bottom