• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
They're fixing that in MW3. When you get shot and try to knife, your aimer will go up and you'll miss and die like a little noob.
Well, the bad kids will. I'll just do what I do when I aim down a gun during a firefight: slightly hold down to account for view recoil when flinching. :awesome:

I sincerely hope they have Commando. :(

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
S

smash brawl player 99021

Well, the bad kids will. I'll just do what I do when I aim down a gun during a firefight: slightly hold down to account for view recoil when flinching. :awesome:

I sincerely hope they have Commando. :(
I sincerely hope you're kidding.

i hoep dat they aslo bring bak dantger cl0se

dood

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
2x exp? I might just have to indulge a little bit.

Also, I joined a S&D game on Jungle today three rounds in (losing 2-1), I finished 16-2, but we still lost. :(

...I hate bad teammates.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
What is this I don't even. I hate commando so much Q.Q
I loved knifing with Commando.

I sincerely hope you're kidding.

i hoep dat they aslo bring bak dantger cl0se

dood
But there's a difference; Commando isn't broken. You should know this - you have a headset. You can hear them halfway across Wasteland. Danger Close is explosive death from a stationary target. Commando is death by a melee weapon from a charging elephant.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I wish I could pull bull**** out of thin air. There's nothing you can do if it's Ground War and there's a herd of elephants all around. There's no way you can count on a headset to save your life.

What if they didn't have a headset? More people have the free one that came with the system then people who drop a good amount of money for a better one.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
There's plenty you can do in Ground War. Footsteps make different noises depending on the ground surface. You can rule out locations just by knowing the sound footsteps make there. You can rule out even more just by knowing standard map dynamics. And a surround sound headset provides even better accuracy in listening for opponents.

Even without a headset, people with Commando are loooooooooooooooud. Sure, you can't hear them across Wasteland, but if you focus at all, then you're not going to be caught by surprise if they're running at you. Just because people are bad doesn't make Commando broken. It just makes people bad.

It's like saying the silenced M1911 is broken because I ***** kids on Array with it. I'm pretty sure they were just really bad (Although it was still really funny).

S

smash brawl player 99021

No use arguing, Wretched or ODIN will just come and ride your **** all daaaaaay.
No point

S

smash brawl player 99021

DeltaCod is a completely different story in some instances, but I remember him and I losing multiple matches together because we had 4 bad players on our team.
Deltacod is undeniably the best player here, too.
Leafy may contend but he plays on the ps3 soooo
Delta, you're the best player I've ever known, so its a completely different story for different players.
Like Delta. That is all.

Anyone who's played with Delta can vouch for him and his ability to break this game. I mean, he just needs a weapon and it's game over man. GAME. OVER.
I can find more if you need.

Seriously, it's like you guys are in a cult.

I love you ODIN
Wretched you're always making me laugh but

Enough is enough.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You're right - Someone can't be praised for being good at a game. I don't see meatriding every time I post. I don't even see meatriding every time I play with them. But you're welcome to find more. I'm sure they're just hyperboles and were really only brought about when discussing the skill of Team SWF. You should look at Odin's signature, too.

Also, I don't see what people agreeing with me has to do with YOUR argument. Don't come up with bull**** reasons to back down from a debate because you can't come up with a good reason to hate on Commando outside of "I suck at dealing with it."

S

smash brawl player 99021

Coming from the guy who **** thirty bricks when I got into a Tenth Prestige lobby.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Commando is broken because if you shoot at the guy, if they're close enough they can pretty much teleport through your bullets and knife you. Plus if they knife you around a corner there isn't much you can do about it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Problem with commando was the teleporting. I use a headset, and even though I could hear them coming and position myself to take them out, they'd still lunge me about half the time and get a cheap kill. Personally, I don't even think the knife should be as accessible as it is right now. It should be a secondary or no go, it just doesn't belong in CoD. Unless you're pulling an ODIN/Onlyusemeblade, I'll pretty much assume that you're awful if you knife in the first place. When I'm given a gun I don't see what the fun is in knifing. Guess I'm missing something.

Also, panic knifing is one of the most frustrating ways to get killed. Between Ghost/silenced galils, curving bullets, and panic knifing, I'd have to say panic knifing is tied for first with ghost in terms of most ridiculous kills people pull on me. Can't wait for them to fix that up so people don't get rewarded for getting scared ****less and hitting the knife. But hey, panic knifing = clearly outplaying me in map knowledge and gun skill.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Jw why you pointed out silenced galils, is it better than silenced famas?

Just curious cause I use the silenced galil lol, at least till I get the 47

:phone:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think the hate for the silenced Galil stems from it being such a popular combo with Ghost. I'm not sure about anyone else, but on my combat record, I've killed the most by 74us, the Famas, and Galils, in that order I believe.

The FAMAS with a silencer is pretty bad and I'm sure that it accounts for less than 1/10 of my deaths, the silenced Galil however is probably 9/10s.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
No use arguing, Wretched or ODIN will just come and ride your **** all daaaaaay.
No point
When, at any point, have I ever taken praising delta to any point beyond "You're good at CoD"?
Same deal with O D I N.

I can find more if you need.

Seriously, it's like you guys are in a cult.

I love you ODIN
Wretched you're always making me laugh but

Enough is enough.
I just said Delta was the best player on here a few times... Which he is and I stand by that. You can see in many of my other posts that I praise Arex too, like dat bog shot. (Still have an erection.)

That doesn't mean I agree with his standpoints on commando. Commando should not and will not come back. It was too much of a close range advantage. I bull**** the **** out of people with it all of the time.

Coming from the guy who **** thirty bricks when I got into a Tenth Prestige lobby.
I don't understand what this has to do with anything.

Anyways, I'd expect more maturity from you baduhger Bringing me into an unrelated argument and calling me a **** rider? O D I N too?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think the hate for the silenced Galil stems from it being such a popular combo with Ghost. I'm not sure about anyone else, but on my combat record, I've killed the most by 74us, the Famas, and Galils, in that order I believe.

The FAMAS with a silencer is pretty bad and I'm sure that it accounts for less than 1/10 of my deaths, the silenced Galil however is probably 9/10s.
The silenced FAMAS is actually pretty good.

And why do you guys have to argue so much? Grow up. It's a bloody video game.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This is completely unrelated. You know my gripe with this already.

Commando is broken because if you shoot at the guy, if they're close enough they can pretty much teleport through your bullets and knife you. Plus if they knife you around a corner there isn't much you can do about it.
SitRep is broken because if I put down equipment, the enemy knows where I am. And if I move, he hears me!

Ninja is broken because I can't see people with my Heartbeat Sensor. And I can't hear them coming, either!

Steady Aim is broken because I lose when I aim because of recoil but their spray beats me!

Scrambler is broken beca - Lol, I can't even come up with one for this. :awesome:

Look at everything that is sacrificed when you use Commando. Just because Commando is a more noticeable way of dying doesn't mean it's broken. People using SitRep or Ninja get a ton of kills because they can hear others/aren't heard, allowing them to get the drop on people. You just don't realize it because they kill you in a "normal" way.

Problem with commando was the teleporting. I use a headset, and even though I could hear them coming and position myself to take them out, they'd still lunge me about half the time and get a cheap kill. Personally, I don't even think the knife should be as accessible as it is right now. It should be a secondary or no go, it just doesn't belong in CoD. Unless you're pulling an ODIN/Onlyusemeblade, I'll pretty much assume that you're awful if you knife in the first place. When I'm given a gun I don't see what the fun is in knifing. Guess I'm missing something.
The fun is showing people that you're better with them using a short ranged melee weapon in a game that is typically dominated by mid range ARs. In order to compete with guns, a knifer must act as a shotgun user. He keeps to tight corners and enclosed spaces. He must have a good knowledge of map dynamics and typical movement patterns. He must have good instincts.

I guess it is pretty skill-less.

Also, panic knifing is one of the most frustrating ways to get killed. Between Ghost/silenced galils, curving bullets, and panic knifing, I'd have to say panic knifing is tied for first with ghost in terms of most ridiculous kills people pull on me. Can't wait for them to fix that up so people don't get rewarded for getting scared ****less and hitting the knife. But hey, panic knifing = clearly outplaying me in map knowledge and gun skill.
Again - Why didn't you knife them first? I guess they're just outplaying you in terms of reaction time.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Blanket warning for everyone - Stop arguing and discuss Black Ops in this thread.

Infractions will be handed out after this post.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ok guys.

Can we possibly go on today and make it rain Tomahawks like the bosses that we are?

I just wanna see like 8 of us all throw Tomahawks on the spawn and devastate some fools.

I was doing it in S&D earlier and yesterday a bit.

Fletch

Smash Master
I'm not going to post an argument then, but I sincerely and honestly agree with Delta.

What are everyone's thoughts on the new Zombie map? I haven't heard anything about it in a while, and I was wondering if I should bother buying a $15 map pack just to play it. I love zombies.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Okay I'll give my opinion on Call of the Dead. Spoilers are included I suppose so if you want to be surprised, don't read.

Call of the Dead, in my opinion, can be intimidating at first, but isn't a big hassle when you understand the map. There are easily enough spots to do well with two players and circle up zombies. Although my best now is three man zombies. I remember Alex saying that one of the issues was that Jug was too far away. I never found this to be an issue. I've gotten Jug as early as round 5 or 6, but I do admit, it may be a bit more debris to open than other maps. But it shouldn't be an issue getting it before round 9 or 10. A good portion of the map is narrow which can lead to getting trapped. Simple solution, don't be running around in narrow areas mid round on higher rounds. And I've gotten downed in the lighthouse on round 27 or so, gotten revived, and gotten Jug mid round without too much trouble before(although even one zombie can really **** you over).

And of course the big elephant in the room, George Romero. he is a nuisance. Whoever is circling up zombies right outside the lighthouse should grab him. Just because that is the most open area so you can work him in with you. I usually circle on the bottom floor of the lighthouse so I don't deal with George Romero too much. He's not THAT hard to kill either. You just need the right weapons. And if you empty the death machines you pick up into George, you can take out a big chunk of his health. (But he runs so be careful!)

No irksome monkeys so that's a plus. Oh and I remember another one of Mad's complaints was the lack of monkey bombs making revives harder/not guaranteed. I think a nice weapon to have is the upgraded starting pistol. Just because if you only use it when going for a revive, you can just take a couple shots at a large horde of Zombies and kill all of them immediately and get the revive. And if you ever get trapped, theyre a quick pistol whip out(of course get PHD flopper with em).

Oh the new wonder weapon is garbage. Seriously sucks. No good at all. Serious waste of a weapon.

I really like Call of the Dead tbh.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Can George regenerate his health if you wound him and don't shoot him for a while? And also does he come back even after you kill him?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Can George regenerate his health if you wound him and don't shoot him for a while? And also does he come back even after you kill him?
To the first question, I am almost positive that that can't happen.

You'll no you're making progress when his stage light goes from bright blue to flickering blue and orange and then down to flickering orange. I've never gotten him down a notch only to come back to him later and have him be up a notch.

And yeah he comes back after a round or two. But you get a free perk when you kill him so he's the only way to get all 7 perks on the map.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
To the first question, I am almost positive that that can't happen.

You'll no you're making progress when his stage light goes from bright blue to flickering blue and orange and then down to flickering orange. I've never gotten him down a notch only to come back to him later and have him be up a notch.

And yeah he comes back after a round or two. But you get a free perk when you kill him so he's the only way to get all 7 perks on the map.
What's the 7th perk?

Grandeza

Smash Master
Deadshot Daquiri- Changes aim assist from body/chest to directly at their heads. A bit silly and my least favorite perk but you might as well get em all if you get far enough.

Top Bottom