• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm sure it will.:troll:

I REALLY don't want anything to do with that game. The lack of IW for one, my hatred of MW2 for... two... >_>... I'll watch videos, etc. for it. But don't expect me to just jump on board. I'm gonna take it slow like I did with BLops.

Dead thread is Dead. Needs a defibrillator.
You'll be left in the dust then, that's how roll here. I didn't really post in this thread till I got the game back in January.

I'm giving you guys permission to necro-bump it so it's cool.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No need to curse. I've already explained in a previous post. I suggest you go look for it.
Gotta side with Wretched on this one. In the time it took to respond in such a way, you could have easily found that post or god forbid explain it once more.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Gotta side with Wretched on this one. In the time it took to respond in such a way, you could have easily found that post or god forbid explain it once more.
I don't like to repeat myself but I guess I have to this time or else I won't hear the end of it from Wretched. :urg:

The reason why I feel that every CoD game deserves their own threads instead of being combined into a "Multipurpose CoD thread" is because there are already threads on the previous games (i.e. CoD4, WaW and MW2) and there aren't as many CoD games as there are...let's say fighting or Final Fantasy games. (Hence, that's why there are "General Final Fantasy Discussion" and "Fighting Game Discussion" threads. There are so many fighting and FF games so they're an exception.) (And I'm sure that no one wants to see 10 different threads on FF games.)

A multipurpose CoD thread is not necessary because if you want to talk about a certain CoD game, just use the appropriate thread because each game is considerably different. I didn't create a "multipurpose CoD thread" because I already saw that there were threads for the previous games.

I hope this post satisfies you.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't like to repeat myself but I guess I have to this time or else I won't hear the end of it from Wretched. :urg:

The reason why I feel that every CoD game deserves their own threads instead of being combined into a "Multipurpose CoD thread" is because there are already threads on the previous games (i.e. CoD4, WaW and MW2) and there aren't as many CoD games as there are...let's say fighting or Final Fantasy games. (Hence, that's why there are "General Final Fantasy Discussion" and "Fighting Game Discussion" threads. There are so many fighting and FF games so they're an exception.) (And I'm sure that no one wants to see 10 different threads on FF games.)

A multipurpose CoD thread is not necessary because if you want to talk about a certain CoD game, just use the appropriate thread because each game is considerably different. I didn't create a "multipurpose CoD thread" because I already saw that there were threads for the previous games.

I hope this post satisfies you.

A new CoD comes out every year.

In 2 years time, your argument is invalid, and you could have compiled CoD stuff into one thread, rather than having multiple threads float around, some of which are dead/dying.

:-/

It's your forum, but there's other threads that are compiled with FEWER games than CoD.

:COUGH COUGH HALO COUGH COUGH!!!:

>_> Imma runaway now.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I agree with ODIN. Eventually there will be a ****load of games on CoD so we might as well make a thread

Mostly because I hate going to like 3 different threads if I want to talk about different games in the series

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
if blackops players and mw2 players were to be in the same thread itll be a flame war

just imagine if brawl and melee were combined to one thread :awesome:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think there should be three Call of Duty threads:

a) One for the next upcoming game (Upon announcement/trailer, of course)
b) One for the current Call of Duty (This one)
c) One for everything else. (I mean, there's six of them, it just seems unnecessary to keep six threads)

Just my opinion though. I think this would be the best way to organize it.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman

c) One for everything else. (I mean, there's six of them, it just seems unnecessary to keep six threads)

Sounds pretty good to me, I think if we had to bunch some then it would be best to do the previous three and then leave out 1-3, because no-one really talks all that much about them.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
if blackops players and mw2 players were to be in the same thread itll be a flame war

just imagine if brawl and melee were combined to one thread :awesome:
Didn't think of that. Well said. Also, nice avatar.

Excellent point, though flame wars get on my nerves. I mean God forbid I like Melee AND Brawl/MW2 and BLops. I mean seriously!
Get out.

J/k ;)

That's... A great idea actually...

The ONLY problem I see with this is the eventual demise and deletion of every Upcoming->Current threads. Keeping one thread as 'everything not current or upcoming' isn't a terrible idea, but having two threads that are constantly being edited for new content is gonna be a pain. :-/ Hmmm...

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That's... A great idea actually...

The ONLY problem I see with this is the eventual demise and deletion of every Upcoming->Current threads. Keeping one thread as 'everything not current or upcoming' isn't a terrible idea, but having two threads that are constantly being edited for new content is gonna be a pain. :-/ Hmmm...
Hmm, it would require some upkeep... but isn't it really just an issue of merging threads once a year? You're going to be creating the new threads anyways, right? I really don't forsee it as much of a hassle, and it'd keep everything a lot more organized.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hmm, it would require some upkeep... but isn't it really just an issue of merging threads once a year? You're going to be creating the new threads anyways, right? I really don't forsee it as much of a hassle, and it'd keep everything a lot more organized.
Maybe F8AL can help us out with that (or mad), as I'm not sure what it looks like from a mod PoV when merging threads. Good point.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whoa, hold the phone. Did you guys really just compare MW2/Black Ops to Brawl and Melee? And call them flamewars?

Speechless at the moment, someone get me a National Geographic documentary or something omfgggg

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, hold the phone. Did you guys really just compare MW2/Black Ops to Brawl and Melee? And call them flamewars?

Speechless at the moment, someone get me a National Geographic documentary or something omfgggg
On a much smaller scale, but it is the same kind of crap.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Never have I ever seen anyone on this site 'flame' another person for playing a game. (lol)

It's not the same and it wouldn't happen on SWF. Everyone here is too respectful and I can't think of one instance where someone was made fun of for playing any form of CoD game. There are better reasons for the threads not merging, but flamewars isn't one of them.

We don't drink from seperate water fountains, yo.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
Never have I ever seen anyone on this site 'flame' another person for playing a game. (lol)

It's not the same and it wouldn't happen on SWF. Everyone here is too respectful and I can't think of one instance where someone was made fun of for playing any form of CoD game. There are better reasons for the threads not merging, but flamewars isn't one of them.

We don't drink from seperate water fountains, yo.
I'm mainly talking about, for me at least, just talking to my friends. I always hear my friends talking about how Black Ops sucks and Modern Warfare 2 is so much better. Then you ask them why and there answer is the golden "It just is". There isn't much flaming on Smash Boards from what I've experienced(Minus the Melee/Brawl crap) but I'm just talking about this from a general standpoint.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm mainly talking about, for me at least, just talking to my friends. I always hear my friends talking about how Black Ops sucks and Modern Warfare 2 is so much better. Then you ask them why and there answer is the golden "It just is". There isn't much flaming on Smash Boards from what I've experienced(Minus the Melee/Brawl crap) but I'm just talking about this from a general standpoint.
It's to be expected though, Treyarch always plays with a mechanic that people don't like. It's been like this for awhile, people played the new game, then went back to the older one.

one time i went to play mw2 and i made my clan tag BOps and i got hate messages lolz
How that has any relevance to people on smashboards, I'll never know.

Since August '10, my clan tag on MW2 has been "FMW2" lol
Mine has been ~m/` but I argree.

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
It's to be expected though, Treyarch always plays with a mechanic that people don't like.
I really haven't noticed too many augmentations to the formula, it's the same engine, same physics(from what I can tell), same resolution, same everything except for the expected new campaign, weapons, and other various minor changes. Really the only thing I can complain about is the balancing of map types(nowhere near enough sniping maps, at least where you can wander around) and the spawning can be really herp derp on maps like Firing Range and Nuketown. In my opinion Black Ops is just more of the good things about MW2.

And also, I loooove the PM63, I wanted to try it because it looks like the Half Life 2 SMG and I found out I can tear it up with it

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I really haven't noticed too many augmentations to the formula, it's the same engine, same physics(from what I can tell), same resolution, same everything except for the expected new campaign, weapons, and other various minor changes. Really the only thing I can complain about is the balancing of map types(nowhere near enough sniping maps, at least where you can wander around) and the spawning can be really herp derp on maps like Firing Range and Nuketown. In my opinion Black Ops is just more of the good things about MW2.

And also, I loooove the PM63, I wanted to try it because it looks like the Half Life 2 SMG and I found out I can tear it up with it
I agree with that.I'll take them over IW any day.

In my opinion MW2 was a completely broken game and I don't see why people loved it so much.I also hate how they made new map packs without bothering to fix any of it.Unless IW wasn't able to.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Rule #1 of knifing; Don't care about your k/d. You'll have good games, and you'll have terrible games. :<
*smirk* I knife AND still get a good k/d :awesome:

Dualtage? O-:

Or anyone wanna do some -Tage-y stuff? :)

MAN I wish I had a PVR. :<
Well we should all at least work on some kind of 'tage, since we always go on about making one, but then it just dies there. :[

WaffleBlaster

Smash Journeyman
I agree with that.I'll take them over IW any day.

In my opinion MW2 was a completely broken game and I don't see why people loved it so much.I also hate how they made new map packs without bothering to fix any of it.Unless IW wasn't able to.
I don't actually prefer Treyarch over IW, just look at CoD 2 compared to CoD 3, but I do think Black Ops is the best Call of Duty by far.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
*smirk* I knife AND still get a good k/d :awesome:
You and I both know that doesn't happen every game. :-/ For either of us.

Well we should all at least work on some kind of 'tage, since we always go on about making one, but then it just dies there. :[
We should. /pokes fire:

I can see why the discussion of MW2->BLops hate came up. Not so much here, but other places do. The comparison to Smash is noteworthy in that they're two games similar in nature, but very different. Different enough to split a community (between Melee love or Brawl love).

Let's not get into which is better or more leet. We can agree they're different in their own way. >.>

What I love about our little community, is that we do get along. Oh so well.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, arguing about the superiority of those two games is stupid
melee>>>brawl anyways
I haven't seen anyone here flame anybody for liking the two games, but a discussion of the two as a whole occurs all of the time.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Both game developers have their ups and downs when it comes to their respective games, let's just leave it at that.

I'll probably be online tomorrow if anyone wants to play, I gotta study for an exam and work on a paper today. :urg:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Both game developers have their ups and downs when it comes to their respective games, let's just leave it at that.

I'll probably be online tomorrow if anyone wants to play, I gotta study for an exam and work on a paper today. :urg:
I'm off, but so is the wife.

Tonight though...

RUSH!!!

The best thing out of Canada since Maple Syrup! And F8AL of course... Oh wait... He's still IN Canada. ;)

Tonight is gonna be awesome. I'm so damn excited! :D

Top Bottom