• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Character Match-Up chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Rob >> IC
IC << ROB

Rob is possibly the weirdest/hardest to CG (Hylian says this as well D:) , and easily outcamps and outreaches you. plus he's hard to KO unless you grab him -.-

just my opinion

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd appreciate if someone anwswered my question: WHY does Link have an advantage over Luigi?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I'd appreciate if someone anwswered my question: WHY does Link have an advantage over Luigi?
Haven't really analyzed the match-up so I suppose it's possible but...

I'll go with the default answer... THIS CHART IS NOT REFLECTIVE OF REALITY!

It's the creator's personal impressions, nothing more nothing less.

gantrain05

Smash Master
o.O first time i've taken a look at this chart and.......i don't like it much. there are so many things wrong with this thing and just glancing through peaches matchups i noticed at least 8 of them were entirely wrong, how was this chart created again? it sure can't be through matchup discussions.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
When IvanEva gets to my house I'll tell him to update :p
Ah, snap! I could have gotten you to sit down with me and go through EVERYTHING! :laugh: Next time... (we also never got to play against each other :()

It's best not to rely on this chart fully. It's not even close to entirely accurate.
You'd rely on a chart in a tournament? That sounds a bit unnerving, regardless of how "accurate" the chart may or may not be. Would you try less if your mains were considered at an advantage against your opponent? Would you switch to characters you haven't mastered if they had the advantage? Just as with tier lists, match-up charts should only be a very soft influence on your game, if any influence at all. They're more just for observation purposes.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Did I say I'd rely on a chart for a tournament? Lol.

Any info, whether it has a soft influence or not, if inaccurate, should be treated with scrutiny.
I didn't refer to tournaments, using chars u don't main just coz the chart says to, or trying less because of an advantage.

They're more just for observation purposes.
Hence why it should not be fully relied upon...

XienZo

Smash Lord
Matches are basically match-ups and how well you know them.
A chart is a list of all the matchups.
So its basically a list of info which tells you how to CP, a major aspect in Brawl.

Yes, you'd need a chart for a tournament if you didn't have or memorize the matchups.

If you did memorize the matchup, though, charts are useless.
Charts also determine if MK should be banned or not.
This chart was known to be too inaccurate so the major source of info for the ban became the char boards and Dan's thread.

IvanEva

Smash Ace
Charts also determine if MK should be banned or not.
This chart was known to be too inaccurate so the major source of info for the ban became the char boards and Dan's thread.
I'm pretty sure that neither the character boards nor Dan's thread (nor this one for that matter) have an impact on Metaknight's possible ban. That comes from tournaments and high level play (which are also what fuel the charts, threads, etc.).

The major sources of info (well, really, the ONLY source of info) for the ban are the really good players who have faced "impossible" Metaknights that keep them from advancing. For the majority of us (myself included) banning Metaknight or not has no real effect on how we'd place in a tournament since we're not 'at that level' just yet anyways.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that neither the character boards nor Dan's thread (nor this one for that matter) have an impact on Metaknight's possible ban. That comes from tournaments and high level play (which are also what fuel the charts, threads, etc.).

The major sources of info (well, really, the ONLY source of info) for the ban are the really good players who have faced "impossible" Metaknights that keep them from advancing. For the majority of us (myself included) banning Metaknight or not has no real effect on how we'd place in a tournament since we're not 'at that level' just yet anyways.
Well the charts are used for:
1."MK has no bad matchups"
2."Yoshi is even on MK, stop being racist against dinosaurs."

Actually, thats how the thing started, but recently we've moved on to a completely different area, where we're debunking/proving that characters can stand up against MK. Which requires matchups and reasonings.

Trust me, the MK discussion moves all over the place.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Lucario vs. Snake should be even. Lucario's F-smash>Snake's tilts. Lucario in the air>>>Snake. Both are heavy. Snake has a powerful aerial game, but Lucario's has lingering, large, and fast hitboxes, but Snake's ground game is great, so they're even. This thread backs my claim.

Also, Lucario vs. ROB is neutral (it is agreed by both the Lucario and ROB boards), and Lucario vs. Kirby is also neutral (it is agreed by both boards).

gantrain05

Smash Master
Lucario vs. Snake should be even. Lucario's F-smash>Snake's tilts. Lucario in the air>>>Snake. Both are heavy. Snake has a powerful aerial game, but Lucario's has lingering, large, and fast hitboxes, but Snake's ground game is great, so they're even. This thread backs my claim.

Also, Lucario vs. ROB is neutral (it is agreed by both the Lucario and ROB boards), and Lucario vs. Kirby is also neutral (it is agreed by both boards).
yeah, i dunno about that lucario vs snake being neutral. basically snake can just Nade camp and nikita spam you to force you to approach him, and lucario is pretty bad at approaching snake, if you come in with a Dair snake will Utilt you, or if you come in with any arial really. and snake doesn't really have many problems killing heavy characters. its not really a "bad" matchup for lucario, but its definatley not even, i'd say 60-40 snake.

Xeelan

Smash Rookie
I'm sorry, it's possible that i'm wrong, but i'm a Bowser player and some of the match ups of him surprise me.

I disagree with Ike>Bowser I think it's Ike = Bowser
Bowser has a good range in the air and his fire and B up is hard to escape.

I thought DDD= Bowser because their aerials are nearly the same but perhaps the infinite chaingrab is the real reason.

I just dont understand why Samus >> Bowser, she nearly cannot kill him, because she was too nerfed. I better think Bowser > Samus.

In the same thought, Zss hardly can kill Bowser and Bowser is better in the air, even if he is more fat.
So I think, Bowser > Zss.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Does IvanEva ever check his own thread anymore?
I asked him to change a couple things to comply with different character boards' match-up threads, and he never responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom