• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
im srry if i offend u sage

but ur placebo cancels are all wrong

marfs physics are obv the same

unless cape pops in and says

btw i fixed marfs physics for u

and leaf and i will be leik

cool story bro

ice cars

then we'll be kicked

obv

Alphatron

Smash Champion
ITT: Something's wrong with the G-diffuser.

Random freezes, online not working, and Ike folders(?)

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I have some questions. Does WWR actually work on wifi now? Does the new sse stage work on wifi? Does anyone else want more sse stages in official builds? And can someone just give me a dl link for the common5.pac with those files replaced? I want to replace them in Brawlbox because I have a lot of CSP's I don't want deleted.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I haven't actually tried the new build yet, but WWR didn't work on wifi in RC1, or maybe I did something very wrong. Anyway, what changes are in the common5.pac? If there are images for WWR and SSE to replace the original ones, can someone post a mediafire link? I don't want to overwrite my CSP's.

Magus420

Smash Master
Anyway, what changes are in the common5.pac? If there are images for WWR and SSE to replace the original ones, can someone post a mediafire link? I don't want to overwrite my CSP's.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmdwlk2zot1

Some of them need to be put in multiple locations in the common5.pac. I left the filenames in there though so they shouldn't be too hard to find. In the common5.pac Rumble Falls (Online Training Room/Wifi Waiting Room) is listed as stage "_____07" in one place and "_____08" in another. Temple (SSE - Jungle) is always "_____50" though.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
So any news on the Mac autoupdater? I remember the one for the official build worked perfectly, it just needs to link to the right files.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
hah, where's all the Gameplay feedback?!

this has to be the best b+ set yet. the combo game feels diverse and open, the mixup throw game is improving and allows for more mindful action, and strings feel much more rewarding than previously. i'm enjoying this techchasing stuff as well.

it's hard to say who's really standing out. i mean, opinions opinions opinions, but falco feels pretty dangerous, gotta admit. haven't tried link enough to see those sex bombs in action.

bowser feels amazing. his grab game feels fleshed out in some areas, especially in his edgeguard game. i feel much more like a tank made of spikes, and that's all that matters, heh.

falcon's still full of combos, and i'm using dtilt a lot more now that you've gotta keep your action tighter. also, boost Does combo into knee sometimes. harder to get off those upBs, but they're still nice.

i'd like to see more weak hitboxes on kirby's nair. is there a way to make them last throughout the animation? basically got no priority and are pretty difficult to hit others with, but i'm a fan of weak hitboxes, i guess. hah, erm, the grab game took a hit, yeah. as long as kirby gets deeper than grab -> grab -> ****, then cool.

yeah, that lucario upB stuff is a bit frustrating. is there any way of making it fast again? i remember back when it was usable on the ground for mindgames. i'd like to see that again.

when's that shuffle buff coming, by the way? any new techniques you guys willing to talk about yet?

K.Mac

Smash Lord
http://www.mediafire.com/?mmdwlk2zot1

Some of them need to be put in multiple locations in the common5.pac. I left the filenames in there though so they shouldn't be too hard to find. In the common5.pac Rumble Falls (Online Training Room/Wifi Waiting Room) is listed as stage "_____07" in one place and "_____08" in another. Temple (SSE - Jungle) is always "_____50" though.
Random noob question but I'm just a tad confused here.

Does Brawl+ load the wifi training room and SSE jungle stage from SD card? I'm asking this purely because I'm a PAL user and I'm (attempting tomorrow ... **** parents) using a copied NTSC Brawl disc that apparently doesn't include SSE (or at least the rumours are that cutscenes and stuff are missing.)

Obviously if that's the case then the stages won't work, unless you've put them on the install/SD card and added file replacement code for the stages (this I don't know, being a noob)

I've played the PAL Brawl and I love it, so I decided to try to make the NTSC version work. (yay for Updatifier).

And great work. :D

Sails

Smash Ace
Random noob question but I'm just a tad confused here.

Does Brawl+ load the wifi training room and SSE jungle stage from SD card? I'm asking this purely because I'm a PAL user and I'm (attempting tomorrow ... **** parents) using a copied NTSC Brawl disc that apparently doesn't include SSE (or at least the rumours are that cutscenes and stuff are missing.)

Obviously if that's the case then the stages won't work, unless you've put them on the install/SD card and added file replacement code for the stages (this I don't know, being a noob)

I've played the PAL Brawl and I love it, so I decided to try to make the NTSC version work. (yay for Updatifier).

And great work. :D
The stage is stored on the SD card. Don't worry.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
The stage is stored on the SD card. Don't worry.
Thanks for the speedy reply! :D

I'll test the 5.0 version of Brawl tomorrow to see if it runs properly with my crappy download. If it does, I'll get the beta to give it a shot. ;)

btw, has it been considered to add the "how to play" SSE stadium stage into Brawl+? I always wondered what it would be like to play that. I guess like Pokemon Stadium 2 bar the platforms. heh. :)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
1) WWR is loaded by code. Junglefield is loaded from SD, in STGDXSHRINE.pac.
2) WWR does NOT work online and may never will, unless all players have a modified .pac to act as WWR.
3) The SSE Stadium (the how to play stadium and the first SSE stage are the same) has been considered, but was deemed too flat and would only provide another neutral. Though I believe we could use different stages outside of competitive play anyway, it probably won't be added.

Though, what people do not know is that the SSE stadium DOES have platforms. They are included in different modeldata as Battlefield's are.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
1) WWR is loaded by code. Junglefield is loaded from SD, in STGDXSHRINE.pac.
2) WWR does NOT work online and may never will, unless all players have a modified .pac to act as WWR.
3) The SSE Stadium (the how to play stadium and the first SSE stage are the same) has been considered, but was deemed too flat and would only provide another neutral. Though I believe we could use different stages outside of competitive play anyway, it probably won't be added.

Though, what people do not know is that the SSE stadium DOES have platforms. They are included in different modeldata as Battlefield's are.
It does? I don't recall seeing them in the videos and in SSE, though that may be due to my poor memory. :bee:

Thanks for the info. I'm a lot more confident now of not having game freezes with using a hacked DVD-R as media (the disc is sitting besides me lol. I need to test it tomorrow).

By the way, I have to applaud you guys for how you buffed Ganondorf. His jab is INSANE. I got a bunch of friends of mine to play it with me yesterday and I was actually KO'd by his jab.... embarrassing.

Also I would like to take this moment to add some feedback and such ;). Why did you add in Yoshi's double-jump cancel on his aerials? I've played/mained Yoshi on Brawl for a long time and on the original copy of Brawl+ that Almas gave me, the addition of hitstun along with Yoshi's ability to float up whilst performing a buffered double jump and an aerial meant that such combos as a triple U-air to KO were very possible. However, the addition of the doublejump cancel means that Yoshi's aerial combo game is somewhat marred - especially his ledge game, as attempting to recover by a reversed rising B-air results in death.

Basically, compared to vBrawl, Yoshi's air and offstage game is severely limited to his single jump and egg spamming. I loved the ability to perform aerials during his doublejump on vBrawl.

Is there not a way to incorporate the DJ cancel and the regular rising aerial? I do agree that DJ cancelling can come in handy but for combos being able to perform rising aerials is just as important to me.

(this isn't a whine or a rant, just a simple question regarding the project. :))

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
do you tap jump? If you hold the analog stick it won't do anything. >.>

DJC was kinda designed for button jumpers.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
It does? I don't recall seeing them in the videos and in SSE, though that may be due to my poor memory. :bee:
I know for a fact they're there. I think Dantarion didn't bring over the platform modeldata, most likely because WWR has no platform modeldata and adding them might spike the filesize.

jalued

Smash Lord

Thanks for the info. I'm a lot more confident now of not having game freezes with using a hacked DVD-R as media (the disc is sitting besides me lol. I need to test it tomorrow).

By the way, I have to applaud you guys for how you buffed Ganondorf. His jab is INSANE. I got a bunch of friends of mine to play it with me yesterday and I was actually KO'd by his jab.... embarrassing.

Also I would like to take this moment to add some feedback and such ;). Why did you add in Yoshi's double-jump cancel on his aerials? I've played/mained Yoshi on Brawl for a long time and on the original copy of Brawl+ that Almas gave me, the addition of hitstun along with Yoshi's ability to float up whilst performing a buffered double jump and an aerial meant that such combos as a triple U-air to KO were very possible. However, the addition of the doublejump cancel means that Yoshi's aerial combo game is somewhat marred - especially his ledge game, as attempting to recover by a reversed rising B-air results in death.

Basically, compared to vBrawl, Yoshi's air and offstage game is severely limited to his single jump and egg spamming. I loved the ability to perform aerials during his doublejump on vBrawl.

Is there not a way to incorporate the DJ cancel and the regular rising aerial? I do agree that DJ cancelling can come in handy but for combos being able to perform rising aerials is just as important to me.

(this isn't a whine or a rant, just a simple question regarding the project. :))
if you hold down jump while doing an ariel it wont DJC so yoshi can saftly recover :) u now have choice!! woot

Starscream

Smash Ace
Couple questions:

1. Is WWR supposed to only work in VS and not Training?

2. What do I have to delete to get rid of "Fun Speed Activating..."?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
1. yes.

2. go into private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/menu/strap/ and delete StrapEn.pac

But you don't like it? D:...

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
So, uh, machine gun jabs still work. Unintentional?

Also, I like this build a lot. Combos are still very much intact, but a lot of the lame "auto-combo" moves have been altered, like Ness and Falcon's downthrows which used to put them right in front of you trapped in hitstun.

keep up the good work and all that.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
machine gun jabs only work if you actually hit something.

if you don't hit anything, they don't work.

You must have a messed up set if it's still working all the time.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
machine gun jabs only work if you actually hit something.

if you don't hit anything, they don't work.

You must have a messed up set if it's still working all the time.
Uh... dude, machine gun jabs = holding A when not hitting anything and just having the first hit fire off over and over again. Very different from auto jabs which is just holding A to perform the jab combo after you've already hit someone.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Hey guys, what does defragmenting the SD card actually do? Off topic, but my music started messing up after I got this set and I apparently need to defragment to fix it. Do I need to remove any files in the process either?

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Couple questions:
What do I have to delete to get rid of "Fun Speed Activating..."?
http://www.mediafire.com/?hgjmqzmy02v
I made these real quick to remove fun speed activate from the loading and title screen. Place StrapEn.pac in private\wii\app\rsbe\pf\menu\strap, and sc_title.pac in private\wii\app\rsbe\pfmenu2.

Seriously, who came up with that slogan? I haven't met a single person IRL who actually likes it. If I could change one thing about Brawl+, it wouldn't be balance, it would be getting that slogan erased from history.

The Cape

Smash Master
Best thing you can do is to back up your data on your computer and then reformat. What it does is allows your card to (basically) read its data in the right order again.

Errors on the cards from replacing the data too often happens and can definetly be remedied by reformats.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
For some reason when I downloaded using the installer, the "buffer" still says " Handicap" and machine guns still seem to take place.

Also I was wonder, what exactly is changed about Link's bombs in this build?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Best thing you can do is to back up your data on your computer and then reformat. What it does is allows your card to (basically) read its data in the right order again.

Errors on the cards from replacing the data too often happens and can definetly be remedied by reformats.
Thanks, I'm taking care of it now!

Sterowent

Smash Ace
For some reason when I downloaded using the installer, the "buffer" still says " Handicap" and machine guns still seem to take place.

Also I was wonder, what exactly is changed about Link's bombs in this build?
link's bombs got less base knockback, which makes them better combo utilities, especially at mid and high percents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom