• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
For Wario's bite, it works like a grab. You should at least take damage. Not sure what happened there.

For port priority, no, the problem hasn't been fixed, and to my knowledge, can't be fixed due to how the game is coded.

Also, did fow participate in the tourney? If so, did he ***** about ness again?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
For Wario's bite, it works like a grab. You should at least take damage. Not sure what happened there.

For port priority, no, the problem hasn't been fixed, and to my knowledge, can't be fixed due to how the game is coded.

Also, did fow participate in the tourney? If so, did he ***** about ness again?
The bite thing was indeed weird. Every time my opponent did Kirby's Bair and I bited, I'd eat it without any damage. We both noticed it. Like I said, for some reason, only, maybe, one attack of Ganon's might've caused damage to me before I hurt him. *The Kirby guy 2nds Ganon.*

Fow did indeed enter, as he almost always gets 2nd place to SK92.

Most often times, the placings go like this:

1st - SK92, 2nd - Fow, 3rd - RPGsFTW(:chuckle:) Go me!

I lost to Fow twice today. It was really close each time though. If anything, Fow was saying that Ness' Bthrow must've been nerfed, due to him not being able to kill SK's Falco at 120%. I don't even know what stage he was at. =P He knows a lot more than one might think he does though. But he must've been ignorant to SK's good DI and whatever the stage might've been.

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I'm sure a new set will be here in time for christmas.

As for Ness bthrow, nothing was done to it. I normally don't rely on it killing until the opponent is 130+, unless they're light.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
So the thread is being locked? Unless there is a new set when it is locked I think this is a poor decision. People will still be playing this set after the thread is locked. What if someone has something to say about it?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yeah, how are we going to comment on the set once this is locked? the chat on brawlplus.net SUCKS, the forums on brawlplus.net SUCK, and this is the only good thread to comment about it in...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Well, that's if the set is even released tonight.

Watch it get released after I get off the computer with no way to download it.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I'm gonna be gone for a while, or maybe indefinitely...
Sorry Brawl+ and Smash Workshop peeps.

NOTE: I'm not quitting, sometimes life stops you from using time on things that don't matter.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So the thread is being locked? Unless there is a new set when it is locked I think this is a poor decision. People will still be playing this set after the thread is locked. What if someone has something to say about it?
ya we need some way of still commenting on the sets.
Yeah, how are we going to comment on the set once this is locked? the chat on brawlplus.net SUCKS, the forums on brawlplus.net SUCK, and this is the only good thread to comment about it in...
You guys could you know play the game and stop talking about the set and talk about your characters in your respective threads or on the AiB B+ Character boards.
The WBR collected feedback in terms of physics and NADT feedback, as well as other global things (plus character stuff, but as Neko said, you have character forums for that <_>) Now that word of a new set is going to be released very soon, there's not much else to discuss besides in the character boards. I was also PM'd by a few WBR members that wanted me to close this as they were concerned the thread would devolve into general [overall] discussion and spam.

I'm gonna be gone for a while, or maybe indefinitely...
Sorry Brawl+ and Smash Workshop peeps.

NOTE: I'm not quitting, sometimes life stops you from using time on things that don't matter.
Wait what? What happened? Also, what about that project you were working on, want me to continue or finish it?

Sterowent

Smash Ace
with people leaving left and right, i'm worried like hell. i love brawl+. i consider it a remix of the original game to the extent that it's a stand alone project, a new game with new features, eventually new cast members, new possibilities.

edit: i'm especially worried about the tourney scene right now as well. considering the oversaturation of tournies at this time of year, a good mod game can't gain any real momentum. can only hope to be a side event at the big tournies (which happened, thank god). but...(end edit)

i don't want to see this die. this won't finish anytime soon, right, guys? please say it won't!

how about adding more WBR members finally? spread out some of your workload, guys! plum's a good start, right? what about countkaiser? i'd be willing to, uh, beg cape for you guys.

if you have to, cut out some of the fat too. just...oh, b+...i don't want to lose you....!

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Oh calm down.

The last thing we need is for people to go "OH GOD BRAWL+ NOOO"

Having Dant go away for personal issues is damaging but it's not the end of the world. It hurts, but it's not fatal nor will kill eventually.

Be optimistic.

shanus

Smash Hero
with people leaving left and right, i'm worried like hell. i love brawl+. i consider it a remix of the original game to the extent that it's a stand alone project, a new game with new features, eventually new cast members, new possibilities.

edit: i'm especially worried about the tourney scene right now as well. considering the oversaturation of tournies at this time of year, a good mod game can't gain any real momentum. can only hope to be a side event at the big tournies (which happened, thank god). but...(end edit)

i don't want to see this die. this won't finish anytime soon, right, guys? please say it won't!

how about adding more WBR members finally? spread out some of your workload, guys! plum's a good start, right? what about countkaiser? i'd be willing to, uh, beg cape for you guys.

if you have to, cut out some of the fat too. just...oh, b+...i don't want to lose you....!
We are in the process of restructuring and are going to be taking an aggressive recruiting stance in the near future. Keep posted.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
daaamn dant's gone

someone ought to get a usb gecko under the christmas tree lol

also, i like the sound of the WBR recruiting :p
i wonder if chu's gonna try to enter again...ne1 else remember that?

and imma bump the social thread, since thats all that this has become

Sterowent

Smash Ace
oh, forgot about maestro and alphatron.

anyhow, i know, i'm way too excited about this. but i can't help it. Cape and Dant were something of symbols of progress to me...

but shanus is probably the most important member i can think of. if you've got everything under control, then it must be. i look forward to the future of b+. hoping some TOs are recruited as well!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I guess NADT discussion is finally over and I've already stated my opinions and seen some proposed solutions, so we'll see what the next build holds. What I hope to see in the future is some people dedicated to balancing Brawl+ ala BBrawl style, making minor modifications and tweaks to balance the game as thoroughly as possible with what they have to work with, so that there is more focus on balance rather than implementation. I don't mind having some R&D going but it'd be awesome to stabilize the product as we go.

Another thing I would personally like to see is a good balance of shieldstun on moves. As it stands too many moves have way too much hitstun that grant free follow-ups on shield that cannot be avoided even by rolling (Ganon's non-AC Dair is a good example of this, you can mash jabs like crazy after hitting this move on shield and never get punished). Granted, you can use sidesteps to circumvent this but I'm hoping that shields can have a bit more utility than that, lol. This is an issue with RC1, and the shieldstun is allegedly higher in GSH, so...yeah.

D

Deleted member

WHAT ABOUT THE TRACTION?!!?!?!?!

Why has this been ignored

Make things less slippery :(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
What kind of goodies can we hope to see in the coming set?
Certainly excited to see some new and improved physics and/or whatever else is planned.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like there is going to be a lot of stuff coming in this next set. Makes me happy. Haven't posted in a while cause I don't really have any more input to add on this set.

I'll definitley be around for the next set though. I'm scheduling a new years tournament. Will either be in North Jersey, or Baltimore, depending on where I am at New Years. Looking to get as much of the local community to play as possible.

If the new set is out by then, I'll definitley use it and post the reactions.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
There's been one or two snags in development for the set, both expected and not. It's almost done, but it won't be ready until tomorrow night at the earliest.

I won't divulge specifics, but there will be a fix for NADT as soon as I can get the kinks worked out of it. The other stuff I hinted at will also be included. Everything else you must wait and see. :grin:

I'll also be posting a topic about new WBR members this week I think. Stay posted.

Since I know you guys are full of speculation on what's been done with the beta, I invite you to use the character sections and the social thread to discuss it. Bio is going to close this thread as promised, now that GSH1 has run its course. A new topic will be made for the new beta when it's released. I won't promise it's gonna be the final beta, to be tested the way RC1 was intended, but gee that'd be nice wouldn't it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom