• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
It IS better than him making a new thread though.

Sorry Oni, I have no idea why it's not working, though.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I don't think we should support people adding codes to the .txt and then complaining about those codes not working.

No offense, but your problem doesn't have much to do with B+ itself.
Well, it almost certainly has to do with the codes B+ uses, because it was working fine before and has failed to work correctly since installing the B+ codes. Perhaps I should have posted in the support thread, but I thought it was only for 5.0...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
It IS better than him making a new thread though.

Sorry Oni, I have no idea why it's not working, though.
Yeah, I try to look if theres a support or discussion thread first before I make a new topic.

It's probably the up b momentum fix code for Link, Ganon, Falcon, Bowser, and toon link.

perhaps, maybe?
Aha! That is probably it! Thanks, I'll remove that code and test.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
˙˙˙ʎɐp ǝɔıu ɐ ǝʌɐɥ puɐ 'noʎ ʞuɐɥ┴ ˙ǝƃɐʞ‾ıuO 'ǝɯoɔlǝʍ ǝɹ,no⅄

I should have a temporary updatifier for homebrew (with snapshots for those loading from DVD-R's) up within the next few days, with the internal option to update the official or beta, until giantpune can work on it again. Also fixed an initializing network bug

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Nope, removing that didn't stop Inf. B^ from malfunctioning... any other ideas? I noticed the skyworld platforms code has a bit of inf B^ in it but then I thought "well how would something in a stage affect a character... cant be". right..?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
..Why don't you just chuck infinite UpB?

Or, you know, delete codes one by one until it works, or something.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
..Why don't you just chuck infinite UpB?

Or, you know, delete codes one by one until it works, or something.
bc i like it :3

and thats what Im trying to avoid doing, since that takes a long time, and there are better things I can be doing. If no one knows why it doesnt work, then I guess I'll have to do that. Thanks anyway.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I like TSON(O)'s idea for Ness pk fire.

:)

and bio, I'm getting errors with that updatifier too....you need to fix your ****, honey <3

P.S: TSON, your abbreviation should be TSONO, because "no one" is two words...

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Can the damage reduction on Yoshi's egg lay be decreased?

<3 Bio. The auto updater is still awesome.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That'd be awesome.

And any idea on when the next set may come out? College just got out for a bunch of people (Myself whoo), and should be over for everybody by next week.

Then again, it's the holidays, so people are busy with family and whatnot.

Also, post 1500 in this topic whoo.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

and bio, I'm getting errors with that updatifier too....you need to fix your ****, honey <3

How about you guys give me more detailed errors instead of "you need to fix it"? Then I can actually help :mad088:

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Eh...they've got a lot on their plate... and school, family, friends....let's just let the ideas simmer for a while...

I mean it took a **** long time for 5.0 to come out, and everyone was happy with it...until cape's build came out ^_^

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Lol posting from my friend's wii 'cause my computer broke. T T

My Brawl Updater on Homebrew works okay. But the weird part was the computer installation kept failing near the end 'cause of some file error... strange? I'd look into it more but I currently have no access to a computer right now. Any thoughts?

And since this is the beta discussion... some ideas that popped into my head recently for Zelda and my thoughts:

- The reverting of her Usmash to the older build seemed good for her at first, though with the reduction of hit stun it seems to be not that much of a combo tool except at very very low % or on silly heavies like Snake and C.Falcon. Plus because of the reduced killing power like before, it feels like its floating in limbo between killing and damage move.

Although with the new NADT mechanic it might be fine the way it is now because of the inherent reading that it'll cause now. Hmmm... Zelda's Usmash never seems to wanna stay consistent, eh (its been patched like 4 times or something)?

Now that I kinda think about it, I don't really know what direction Usmash should go in... its a hard choice. Utilt basically is her best ground KO move that kills vertically but suffers a fairly DI-able angle. I was gonna suggest an angle change to make it closer to like Usmash's angle if Usmash remains as a damage/combo move, not to mention Utilit is pretty hard to land normally + is pretty punishable on whiff/shield (actually, both her Utilt and Usmash suffer from this!)

Just an idea =) though pretty rough obviously...

- Din's Fire. Thank you for the +1 frame explosion~ it actually'll help a bit. Though there are 2 things that might make this better...

1. Make it so the explosion happens earlier than Zelda's "detonation" movement. One of the reasons this move is easy to dodge is because people just wait for Zelda to wave her arms then dodge. Its an obvious visual cue for people which doesn't really help it's utility.

2. I know putting trancesdent priority on this was kind of debated but I really think this move would be much better with it. Of course, if it has this the tradeoff would be lowering the damage probably (which I'm not sure if people would agree with, but a tradeoff nevertheless). No more aerials through Din's please. =(

Jeez I miss my keyboard. Wiimote typing sucks!

Hope those are some acceptable suggestions. Please keep working hard everyone and thank you for all the hard work!

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
1.) I actually like Zelda's u smash an u tilt the way they are now. Utilt still has ridiculous killing power, even with a bad angle.

2.) Those buffs seem kinda unnecessary for Din's fire in my opinion. Although, I don't play zelda, or against zelda, often, so I might be wrong here.

EDIT: Bio, I'm not getting the error anymore. Other person having this problem, are u using a DVD or USB backup launcher?4
EDITEDIT: The play option doesn't work for me on the updatifier. It just does to a black screen with white dots (stars?) in the background, and doesn't load anything.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I remember there was talk about making stages a tad larger a while ago. I was wondering if this is something people would still be interested in, now that we can actually do this through brawlbox.

Personally, I love the feeling of extra space. Since we don't have to shrink character models to accomplish this anymore, I think it would be a great thing to add to brawl+.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Yes, because we need to make New Pork City bigger. (sarcasm)

I actually like the idea. It would give it more a smash 64 feeling, where no one died until 300% damage.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
The idea was just to increase it a small bit. When I played Brawl+ with shrunken character models, I only took away 4% of their size.

We can edit the blastzones to compensate changes, anyways.

Edit: Just wanted to note that we can change the position/size of anything on the stage. I remembered that people opposed enlarging the stages because the platforms would get eff'd up, so I just wanted to state that this isn't an issue. I know, common knowledge w/brawlbox, but you never know who might misunderstand you.

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
EDIT: Bio, I'm not getting the error anymore. Other person having this problem, are u using a DVD or USB backup launcher?4
EDITEDIT: The play option doesn't work for me on the updatifier. It just does to a black screen with white dots (stars?) in the background, and doesn't load anything.
Hm, I tried it on my friend RKOcean's Wii and it had black stars on it once, but on the second try it loaded Gecko successfully...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

I'd prefer not, Tee-so-no doesn't have that japanese feel that tee-son does :V

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
You STILL don't have the peach change info up?

Sadly I haven't been able to play Brawl+ in a while because of Wii issues.
Ryoko literally disappeared right after the last beta was released and he was the one that sent the Peach PAC to Cape, so the Peach GSH1 changes remain the greatest Brawl+ mystery of all time! OF ALL TIME! a mystery.

I may close this thread in a couple of days since the Beta feedback has run its course and there's not much else to elaborate on

Isatis

Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I think either me or Vanz might've misunderstood, it's going to be a final set is what I heard Cape say

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Real quick things to ask:

Today at the tournament, I placed 3rd, again, **** year, but I noticed something. When I fought a Kirby, with Wario, and almost never took damages when I would bite attacks of his, like Fsmash. Why not? Aren't I supposed to? And oddly enough, only one attack that I bit today, from a Ganon, I think, gave me damage.

Second thing: a friend asks if you guys ever fixed the problems relating to controller port priority. This goes for all versions of Brawl+.

And new Beta soon?! If so, will it be like this one, but different? I ask that because the GSH1 has nice physics compared to the RC1, and I'd be sad if we just get a beta based off of RC1, and not GSH1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom