• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Region?

White_Mike

Smash Lord
inui=my fav debator on swf. <3

on topic: we have tournies with larger turnnouts. that alone is reason for u guys 2 need 2 prove urselves here. if u had huge tournies m2k would gladly go there and take ur money.

2ndly u have 2 keep in mind we're talking about perspective. how can we percieve u as good if u don't show us through means we understand? i'm sure japan doesn't think much of america atm 4 the same reason we think little of u.
Edit: Nvm I see what you're saying even though I think it's unfair.

But you've got a point, I still won't just label Canada as bad because they don't have big tournies.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
This is me talking about Melee of course. South is definitely stacked hardbody. To me, East Coast is still stacked but probably not as much as South is with pretty much all their power hitters together. I hate making a reference to Genesis but I have to right now. South was looking really sexy with their super stacked crew while East Coast was missing some of our power hitters. So many people were saying that South was gonna destroy East Coast and win for sure in the crew battle finals since East Coast was handicapped. I believe that wasn't gonna be the case. East Coast is amazing at strategies and counterpick decisions. We also have an array of players who play various characters and even low tier-mid tier characters count even to the smallest strategy and detail. Myself as an example. Players like Cactuar and Wife are amazing captains and strategists. We put everything into account in every crew battle we go to, whether we're super stacked or not. So if South vs. East Coast happened at Genesis, it was gonna be a super close crew battle regardless of the winner.

Pound 4 is gonna be amazing in everything. I can't wait for crew battles =)

Cia

das kwl
This is like the 33204803245th thread I've been in where OOC people country people categorize Americans as self-centered egotists. While that may be the case for some of us, you're coming to these conclusions for the wrong reasons.

And why does USA get the right to judge everyone without ever travelling at their place? Its not like you guys are the only ones that matter.
Anyone has the right to judge whatever they want. We can decide that you suck, and vice-versa. The problem is A LOT of you (non US residents) seem to care sooooo much about our judgment that stupid arguments (like this) happen all the time. If we think you suck, BIG DEAL. Prove us wrong.

And no one ever said we we're the only ones that matter.. Honestly, many of us JUST DON'T CARE about OOC because you affect us in no way what so ever. If you don't come to our tournaments, If you aren't teaching us something, If you can't hold our attention, If you have ZERO impact on our lives.. then no. You don't matter. (AND VICE-VERSA) That's just the way everything works.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Edit: Nvm I see what you're saying even though I think it's unfair.

But you've got a point, I still won't just label Canada as bad because they don't have big tournies.
we have no right to say they're good or bad if we're claiming ignorance. we can only say we don't kno or say they're probably average (america's prob above average which explains y we think we're better).

edit: what vanz said!!! he could have went on 2 say OOCers give us the right 2 judge by being concerned w/ our judgement.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
What he was trying to say is that it's unfair to assume his country is bad when they don't travel and we never go there.

Not that Canada is better than the US, no one would say that.
no one said they were bad
he was just whining that no one was specifically mentioning that Canada was a good region.... which, in a "best region" thread is kind of expected.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Who cares? One d00d =/= your whole region. Stop clinging to Ally. Atlantic North alone has enough gdlk players to beat any other country alone, and we are a mere fraction of America's population.

We have the largest and strongest scene on Earth. That is a fact.

Who is assuming you are trash?

I am assuming nothing. I'm saying Ally is the only proven top player from your area, and maybe Holy. Can you deny this? No. Only Ally has travelled and performed very well.

What? When did I say such a thing?

I heard you were an extremely good debater, but I am quite disappointed... You need better logic to challenge a von Karma!

Thats what happens when i debate past midnight after so many hours of homework =.=. Also, i removed your images for the sake of reading simplicity in my reply box >.<.

And my bad, i did an amalgam between what another post said and yours, which really is not right(if your wondering, go and look at the post of underload, first page for me, but im 40 post/page).

Either way, let me rectify what i said for what i meant!

Canada has other good players than ally, and it would be foolish to believe otherwise unless they have proven them to yourselves. But first, you guys need to understand that the "canada" of which your speaking of is often you guys referring to EC canada(though WC is becoming increasingly more active). Now, EC is divided in two distinct region, Ontario(GTA+Niagara) and Quebec(Mtl, Ottawa, notice i put ottawa in quebec since even if they live in ontario they are so far from GTA they usually come more to our tourneys than theirs).

Lets take a look at both.

First of all, allys brother, holynightmare, is a great player who placed 13th at apex despite having to face his brother in winners 2nd round(bad seeding!). Now considering some players train with holy alot, it would not make any sense that we all suck at the game when training with someone who placed well like that in the USA would it? Not only that, but holy does not place second to his brother right now(guess tho whom : P). Then we have Dom, who is very very very slightly under holys current level, and keeps on improving at an alarming rate. Finally we got me who did what no other ice climber did in USA, taking a whole set off ally using solely ice climbers, which is considered by far their best matchup. If that is not worthy of recognition by itself, then just go and defeat ally even with any other char : P, only 6 players in USA have done this if i recall correctly.

Then comes ontario, where holy frequently places either 1st or 2nd, which we will use to analyze their players skill for the sake of comparison. Keep in mind he hasnt gone there for 4 months now(time passes by so fast!). You got kingace, who is a great player but flopped at SNES(i was dissapointed, though it was very clear he flopped when he placed way under people he usually 2-0 in his own state, and he lost to you, you probably know the matchup better than like almost anyone). He used to be taking holys 1st place lately, but now he is losing to silverdoc who is consistently improving and is now 1st on their PR(and he doesnt affraid of anything).

To me, thats 4 people who are all around holys level. Not many states can say they have this much, and i dont want to go into the rest of our PRs, but point being, we may not be able to use ally as a reference much(i mean, in USA, M2K is the only person with similar level), so i used holy who placed well at apex and we can definitely say that he has good competition here. If you can make these sorts of comparisons inui, why cant i : P

swordgard

Smash Hero
Just wondering, if A. North ever went into crews with their top 6 best members, who would they be?

EDIT: At this point though, the more i think about it, the more i dont care anymore about what you think about canada in itself. I think id rather concentrate on what i can do rather than what my region can although im very sure canada would not be last on that region ranking.

cenel

Smash Apprentice
Europe has a M2K/Ally (BRAWL) and he plays marth :) next summer we will come to usa. He will most likely lose to M2K, but win vs Ally. Also some players at american top level. Europe will prove how good we are soon. Remember Usa you are our seeds :D

@rest of europe France and Holland is where it's at prove yourself there otherwise you aren't considered good.

@inui you suck you don't have any bragging rights, since you john all the time. Take your bad results like a man and don't john about it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Europe has a M2K/Ally (BRAWL) and he plays marth :) next summer we will come to usa. He will most likely lose to M2K, but win vs Ally. Also some players at american top level. Europe will prove how good we are soon. Remember Usa you are our seeds :D

@rest of europe France and Holland is where it's at prove yourself there otherwise you aren't considered good.

@inui you suck you don't have any bragging rights, since you john all the time. Take your bad results like a man and don't john about it.

**** lol.

But yeah im curious to see how good europe is at brawl(whats your top 10 with chars?)

cenel

Smash Apprentice
**** lol.

But yeah im curious to see how good europe is at brawl(whats your top 10 with chars?)
Recently we have just started to have european tournaments I know holland very well since I live here. I will give you a list of what I think of holland atm.

SS
Mr. R(Marth), Istudying(IC's,Diddy Kong)

S
Gregs(Falco), Kaak(G&W), Cenel(Snake), T(Wolf, DDD), Jumpman(MK),ssj5goten(Fox, and alot 2ndarys)

I'm missing Gaki and Boxmode since they kind of quit this game.

Alot people getting better and better also and some new talented players.

From rest of europe I know

France
Kaos(MK) is SS
Leon(Peach, Marth) is S he is like Isai he should pick a better char though extremely smart and talented player
Gluttony(Wario) is S and maybe even SS heard alot good things about him he is 13/14 it's crazy
Kly(Snake) is S, best snake in Europe probably

Spain
Marcbri(Falco) Best falco by results is S or higher very consistant player
Greward(Olimar) Best Olimar is S

Germany
Is good I just don't know much about their scene and Istudying/Kaos ***** them kind of at Cib.

Uk had a really bad placing at TSL so I can't really say how good they are. Their top consists of Calzorz(Snake), Kira(MK, Falco), Trio3(Falco). I played Kira in person and I must say he is really good.

Other good players
Pepito, Luigiplayer good placing but haven't seen them playing so I don't know how good they are nor what they exactly play.

Ofc my list might be inaccurate of other country's since some people might have improved alot.

Sidenote: All of these players would probably 2 or 3 stock inui

swordgard

Smash Hero
Even though inui is full of himself, i dont think he deserves nearly half the hate he gets here. I enjoy debating with him cause he saw the flaws in my last argument(which upon rereading was totally trash, il admit, **** lack of sleep :S).

Either way, i came to the conclusion that i dont really care about how my region does tbh, if ally is the only guy in canada that counts for you until then, il just have to 3-0 him next tourney : D.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Sword, I understand you have some good players but your argument kind of got tossed out the window for me when you said,

Who would your top 6 players be.

I mean if you have to limit your amount of players to six because you can't form a big ten line up its obvious your region HAS to be a little weaker.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Sword, I understand you have some good players but your argument kind of got tossed out the window for me when you said,

Who would your top 6 players be.

I mean if you have to limit your amount of players to six because you can't form a big ten line up its obvious your region HAS to be a little weaker.
Oh, it has nothing to do with that. Its becuase gta claims to have better players and so does mtl, so yeah it would get into some sort of flame fest. Since our region really is more like 2 smaller ones that sometime visit each other, everyone believes their region is better.

I can give you what i think objectively our top 10 would be.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I don't think we should be able to say all Europeans suck/only Armada is good and some Americans should travel there because they have some huge tournaments with good money on the line.

Them Euro's is worth a lot.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Thats what happens when i debate past midnight after so many hours of homework =.=. Also, i removed your images for the sake of reading simplicity in my reply box >.<.

And my bad, i did an amalgam between what another post said and yours, which really is not right(if your wondering, go and look at the post of underload, first page for me, but im 40 post/page).

Either way, let me rectify what i said for what i meant!

Canada has other good players than ally, and it would be foolish to believe otherwise unless they have proven them to yourselves. But first, you guys need to understand that the "canada" of which your speaking of is often you guys referring to EC canada(though WC is becoming increasingly more active). Now, EC is divided in two distinct region, Ontario(GTA+Niagara) and Quebec(Mtl, Ottawa, notice i put ottawa in quebec since even if they live in ontario they are so far from GTA they usually come more to our tourneys than theirs).

Lets take a look at both.

First of all, allys brother, holynightmare, is a great player who placed 13th at apex despite having to face his brother in winners 2nd round(bad seeding!). Now considering some players train with holy alot, it would not make any sense that we all suck at the game when training with someone who placed well like that in the USA would it? Not only that, but holy does not place second to his brother right now(guess tho whom : P). Then we have Dom, who is very very very slightly under holys current level, and keeps on improving at an alarming rate. Finally we got me who did what no other ice climber did in USA, taking a whole set off ally using solely ice climbers, which is considered by far their best matchup. If that is not worthy of recognition by itself, then just go and defeat ally even with any other char : P, only 6 players in USA have done this if i recall correctly.

Then comes ontario, where holy frequently places either 1st or 2nd, which we will use to analyze their players skill for the sake of comparison. Keep in mind he hasnt gone there for 4 months now(time passes by so fast!). You got kingace, who is a great player but flopped at SNES(i was dissapointed, though it was very clear he flopped when he placed way under people he usually 2-0 in his own state, and he lost to you, you probably know the matchup better than like almost anyone). He used to be taking holys 1st place lately, but now he is losing to silverdoc who is consistently improving and is now 1st on their PR(and he doesnt affraid of anything).

To me, thats 4 people who are all around holys level. Not many states can say they have this much, and i dont want to go into the rest of our PRs, but point being, we may not be able to use ally as a reference much(i mean, in USA, M2K is the only person with similar level), so i used holy who placed well at apex and we can definitely say that he has good competition here. If you can make these sorts of comparisons inui, why cant i : P
In conclusion, you have a few really good players under Ally. Holy, yourself, KingAce, etc. We know this already.

The problem is that any individual region (Atlantic North, Pacific West, Soutwest, etc.) in America would easily beat the best players in Canada in a crew battle of around ten or more because America's number of top players is significantly higher, creating a greater skill pool for lesser players to improve off of, making our mid-level players actually good.

That's just how it is.

I'll **** you in every Smash game and I'll put money on it.

Even though inui is full of himself, i dont think he deserves nearly half the hate he gets here. I enjoy debating with him cause he saw the flaws in my last argument(which upon rereading was totally trash, il admit, **** lack of sleep :S).
qft

People are biased because they don't like cocky people, especially cocky people that actually win.

Don't debate while you're dead so you don't make silly points like that again, lol. I'm used to seeing g00d stuff out of you.

Either way, i came to the conclusion that i dont really care about how my region does tbh, if ally is the only guy in canada that counts for you until then, il just have to 3-0 him next tourney : D.
You see, you are taking this personally...

Ally (and Holy sort of) is the only d00d that came here and proved he's amazing and gdlk. Canada has several other good players, but Canada overall is simply not on the same level as America. You have what, 6-7 players you can call super good after Ally, right? That's less than what any individual American regional section has.

I'm not trying to brag or anything, I'm just stating facts. I'm probably 15th or so in my region (Atlantic North) and I took our KingAce in tourny, who's probably top 5 in your country. Just something to think about when it comes to those beneath Ally in Canada. America having so many top players to learn from and improve off of makes us very, very strong.

Ally became super gdlk after travelling a lot.

cenel

Smash Apprentice
@inui

LOL AT COCKY PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WIN YOU HARDLY EVER WIN LMAO. LOOK AT YOUR RESULT SON. You're singles results are really bad. I'll gladly take any amount of money from you in a Brawl MM when I'm in USA.

swordgard

Smash Hero
In conclusion, you have a few really good players under Ally. Holy, yourself, KingAce, etc. We know this already.

The problem is that any individual region (Atlantic North, Pacific West, Soutwest, etc.) in America would easily beat the best players in Canada in a crew battle of around ten or more because America's number of top players is significantly higher, creating a greater skill pool for lesser players to improve off of, making our mid-level players actually good.

That's just how it is.

I'll **** you in every Smash game and I'll put money on it.

qft

People are biased because they don't like cocky people, especially cocky people that actually win.

Don't debate while you're dead so you don't make silly points like that again, lol. I'm used to seeing g00d stuff out of you.

You see, you are taking this personally...

Ally (and Holy sort of) is the only d00d that came here and proved he's amazing and gdlk. Canada has several other good players, but Canada overall is simply not on the same level as America. You have what, 6-7 players you can call super good after Ally, right? That's less than what any individual American regional section has.

I'm not trying to brag or anything, I'm just stating facts. I'm probably 15th or so in my region (Atlantic North) and I took our KingAce in tourny, who's probably top 5 in your country. Just something to think about when it comes to those beneath Ally in Canada. America having so many top players to learn from and improve off of makes us very, very strong.

Yeah, well i was very disappointed in kingace tbh(general placing at the tourney was 25th when culex who is worst according to their pr got 13th >.>), maybe he choked or maybe i overestimated him.

Also, i feel like rankings in canada are varying alot lately and we might start seeing more and more upsets. But yeah, if anything more than 10 players wed get *****, but i still believe that our top 5-6 is better than at least 1 of these regions top 5-6, after that were pretty much ****ed though imo. But yeah, i keep on thinking that everyone in my region has the same drive to win as me, which is far from being the case T.T.

On the other hand, about that thing where you have tons of good players (which is true tbh), i must say that this alone does not mean that you can expect to know pretty much every trick someone can throw at you as some people can go to very extensive(and i mean very very extensive) lenghts to find new stuff and surprise you : D

Either way, youl see more of canada at pound 4, but i probably wont be there. You guys might see me next summer :D

EDIT: Yeah, we got canadian bacon. Get at us!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL AT COCKY PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WIN YOU HARDLY EVER WIN LMAO. LOOK AT YOUR RESULT SON. You're singles results are really bad. I'll gladly take any amount of money from you in a Brawl MM when I'm in USA.

Keep your biased garbage to yourself. Do some research before making outrageously stupid claims and don't assume you'll beat me just I'm unpopular.

Unlike you, I have evidence. Factual evidence. Let us use recent singles events where I outplaced really good players like Atomsk, Dabuz, Pyronic~Star, and Fatal.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6696 I was defeated by Anti, but I beat Bizkit (3rd in New England), Pat G (going to be ranked super high on the next New England list, prolly 4th), and Dabuz (probably the best Olimar).

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6599 I lost to NinjaLink 1-2 first round and then HAT 1-2 in losers at this really stacked tournament where Atomsk only got 17th. I tied with Meep and Candy, two gdlk players.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6659 A 100 man tournament that easily had national level difficulty. I lost to Tyrant early, but defeated Pyronic~Star (3rd in MD/VA and the winner of their latest tournament) again and beat Bum (legend) in losers.

Where are your results? I don't even need doubles results to prove I'm a skilled player anymore because I'm actually trying in singles again.

Here is me in singles when I tried: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=3881

lol

As far as I'm concerned, this conversation is over. Nothing you can say will matter in the face of reality itself contradicting your biased opinion of me. This means I'll avoid derailing a thread for once.

@swordgard: Come to Pound 4.

cenel

Smash Apprentice
@inui there are tons of results where you placed really low like genesis etc. You placed 65th there what a shame. And you're a top player? lmao. Don't make me look up all your poor results that everyone is already aware of. Accept it you suck.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Even though Inui isn't exactly "god-like," he really is top notch when he's on his A game.

Edit@ Underload: Imagine how hard it is to win a tournament in a region like his. Lol...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@inui there are tons of results where you placed really low like genesis etc. You placed 65th there what a shame. And you're a top player? lmao. Don't make me look up all your poor results that everyone is already aware of. Accept it you suck.
Who cares about Genesis? I didn't care about singles at that point. I just showed you recent results where I cared. Your ignorance is astounding. I know I said I was done, but dear God, I can't ignore such ignorance.

Even though Inui isn't exactly "god-like," he really is top notch when he's on his A game.
Thanks.

Edit@ Underload: Imagine how hard it is to win a tournament in a region like his. Lol...
qft x 10000000000000000000

Ally, Anti, ADHD, Atomsk = wtffffff

nobody can win

not even M2K

lmao

cenel

Smash Apprentice
@inui more johns to cover your bad results lmao. You're ignorant yourself LOL. You're ignoring your poor results. theres tons of tourny's where you placed in the 30s as well. Are you trying to fool yourself? It doesn't matter I I think we can both agree that you're not some1 who is "winning". You're not a cocky player that is winning. You're a cocky nub. So please stop making such claims.

Underload

Lazy
Yeah, I really don't want to provoke argument on a lazy Sunday morning.

But, Inui, learn to tone the cockiness down, especially on Smashboards. All you seem to accomplish when you put finger to computer key is bring conversations to a standstill and burn bridges with people permanently. You come off as a really unlikeable guy on Smashboards. I can't comment about you IRL since I haven't met you in person, but I've heard stories from New Mexico about Genesis and a couple of HOBOs...

And with that, I'll crawl back into the Southwest boards.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@inui more johns to cover your bad results lmao. You're ignorant yourself LOL. You're ignoring your poor results. theres tons of tourny's where you placed in the 30s as well. Are you trying to fool yourself? It doesn't matter I I think we can both agree that you're not some1 who is "winning". You're not a cocky player that is winning. You're a cocky nub. So please stop making such claims.
You're a cocky player that nobody in the States that I know of has ever seen play. We treat unknowns as bads until proven otherwise.

Make it out of pools at an American national and outplace Inui, and then ****-talk him. As of right now you have absolutely no idea how hard these tourneys are.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is false. Until the west coast debacle a month or so ago (where Ally got 9th), Ally had never placed lower than SECOND in singles. Ever. I believe his first tournament to the US was also COT4, where he got 2nd. Now, unless "super gdlk" is a rank where you beat M2K...meh. I mean, Ally proved right away he was essentially better than everyone except for M2K. I guess what I'm saying is that being one of the top 2 players in the entirety of North America is what makes you godlike, and Ally showed he was on that level from the get go.

Also, Inui, most of the people you are ranking/hyping on the East Coast don't ever travel outside the East Coast. You travel a lot. I see Atomsk around a lot. Bum? No. Spammerer? You are still hyping him like its 8 months ago...and even then he would never travel outside of NY/NJ. Heck, I can't think of anyone in the MD/VA area that travels outside the East Coast anymore. I mean, you are deriding Canada on the fact that not many travel outside of Canada when the same is true of the East Coast. Did a single person from MD/VA even go to Genesis?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Ally's first tourney was actually Cataclysm 4 or whatever it was before CoT. He ended up getting 3rd behind Jason and Azen when Azen was playing like Fox or somebody lol.

But I do agree Ally's proven himself since he began.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
this thread is mad fun to read. anyway after talking to tyrant last week at viridian city, he admitted that EC was the best region for brawl

edit: dojo, azen used D3 vs ally. was quite funny to watch azen literally learning how to use the character during the set

JFox

Smash Hero
PC Chris>Shiz
Cactuar>Hbox
Chu>Colbol
DJN>Chops
Jman>Darkrain
Hax>Linguini
Darc>Dr peeps
Eggm>Xelic
Scar>NesNoob
Tope>Chaddd

Looks like east coast just beat south in every matchup. ****, get ***** south ;)

as for WC, we already beat your very best with our makeshift B team. :laugh:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
PC Chris>Shiz
Cactuar>Hbox
Chu>Colbol
DJN>Chops
Jman>Darkrain
Hax>Linguini
Darc>Dr peeps
Eggm>Xelic
Scar>NesNoob
Tope>Chaddd

Looks like east coast just beat south in every matchup. ****, get ***** south ;)
Lol that can definitely be done from the South's perspective too. Definitely gonna be a good crew battle. Can't wait.

Edit: Yes I did Vrael, but you may have started a really fun tangent lol.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
PP, didn't you beat Chu that one time? Just saying.

Also, I'm ****** at Inui bingo atm. If he posts one more time I'm pretty sure I'm going to get bingo.

Unrelated, but Inui will you please call me or someone else a fool? That'd be pretty helpful.

JFox

Smash Hero
Lol that can definitely be done from the South's perspective too. Definitely gonna be a good crew battle. Can't wait.
lol i know, it was more a joke. but it does show we can handle whatever u throw at us. both teams are def good enough to beat each other, it will end up coming down to which team has better strategy.

EC beat WC at genesis because Cactuar>Mango as a captain, lol.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
PC Chris>Shiz
Cactuar>Hbox
Chu>Colbol
DJN>Chops
Jman>Darkrain
Hax>Linguini
Darc>Dr peeps
Eggm>Xelic
Scar>NesNoob
Tope>Chaddd

as for WC, we already beat your very best with our makeshift B team. :laugh:
genesis' wc crew was not west coast's "very best"

granted, it was closer to being at its best than east coast's was probably, but still.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
genesis' wc crew was not west coast's "very best"

granted, it was closer to being at its best than east coast's was probably, but still.
You guys were awfully close with the crew match though...you probably would have won if you had Shroomed going against Cactuar iirc as opposed to HMW.

Something tells me the outcome willl surely be different come Pound 4.

(And please don't take any antipathy from that, even HMW admitted to that himself on YT).

Top Bottom