• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Region?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
MW is probably the best Brawl region, followed by EC.

As for Melee... EC is likely still the strongest, but South seems to be catching up fast.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Nope. We beat Norcal...then we didn't get to play again at Genesis. Not only that, but the crew at Genesis was no where near the MW "top 10" list. I think myself/Judge/Lain where the only top 10 players actually there. And Ally.

MW Top 10ish:
Mew2King
Lain
Judge
Anther
AlphaZealot
Hunger
Kel
Shugo
Affinity
Domo

Alternates/subs: Blue Rogue, OS, Kirk, Panda, maybe a couple others
but you lost to us at apex

1ally
2holynightmare
3lain
4judge
5anther

lost to

1candy
2neo
3boss
4meep
5chu

EC BABY

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I think M2K changes things.
I think Ally changes things since he said he'd join Atlantic North in crew battles based on Canada not travelling and him attending our events literally twice per month.

I'm probably better than you and I wouldn't even be used in Atlantic North's actual top ten and you say you're guaranteed to be in the top ten for your region like lol our B team would **** most other regions. :laugh:

Pierce is like 15-20th in our region and he beat Lain and outplaced half the powerhouses in your region and I'd bet a lot on him beating you, btw. >_>;

Atlantic North is still gdlk even without Mew2King. Bum started playing again. teh_spamerer is likely to start playing again at some point (lol the slayer of Michigan will return!). Azen started playing again. Every other region is doomed when our inactives come back and get amazing again.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
For Brawl (we could do Melee to)

Midwest
Southeast
Southwest
East Coast
West Coast
Canada

What would the top 10 lists be for each and what would the ranking of the regions in order be?
First of all, I'd say the regions go like this:

East Coast (states bordering the Atlantic Ocean from Maine to Florida + Pennsylvania and Alabama)
West Coast (states bordering the Pacific Ocean from Washington to California + Nevada)
South (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Mississippi, Arizona)
I have no idea what to call it (Utah, Colorado, Montana, Idaho)
Midwest (basically everything not mentioned)

Wow, really? East Coast that low (unless that isn't an ordered list)? East Coast would wreck the Midwest even with M2K. The top 10 list you supplied is:

Mew2King
Lain
Judge
Anther
AlphaZealot
Affinity
Domo
Hunger
Kel
Shugo

Subs: Blue Rogue, Overswarm, Kirk, SamuraiPanda

vs.

Tristate:
ADHD
Anti
teh_spamerer
Atomsk
ksizzle
Shadow
NinjaLink

MD/VA:
Meep
ChuDat
NEO
Pyronic Star
Boss
Candy

New England:
Darc
Fatal
Dazwa
Kool Aid
Bizkit

Subs: Inui, Zucco, Snakeee, Jash, Bum, Kai, Jband, Vex, Azen, Junebug, Omni

This is just Atlantic North. If you want to include the entire EC, we would have the Atlantic South.

Florida:
CO18
RedHalberd
HRNUT
Seibrik
AfroThundah
Reflex
Kismet

Then their lesser-known players like Chaz, Nick Riddle, and ESAM who are good enough to be on the actual list but don't have enough recognition yet. Hbox and Chops are good when they actually play Brawl.

Midwest has a really scary top 3. If we segregated the list by skill, it'd go (from my knowledge):

Mew2King

-gap-

Lain
Anther

-gap-

Judge
Hunger

-gap-

Shugo
AlphaZealot

-gap-

Kel
Affinity
Domo

Obviously Mew2King is Mew2King. He's the only one on that list that stands as unbeatable to any single person on the East Coast with the possible exception of ADHD (and anyone else in the world not named Ally), but if it came to a crew battle he'd obviously not be 3-stocking everyone we sent in. Lain and Anther are super beast, but the EC has multiple people at their level (ADHD, Anti, Spam, Meep, Chu). Then we have plenty of people at or above the Judge/Hunger level (ksizzle, Shadow, NEO, CO18, RedHalberd, Darc, Fatal, Pyronic Star, Atomsk, NinjaLink, Reflex)...it's pretty much no contest. We win strongly in numbers and skill.

The West Coast encompasses Washington down to California, including Nevada. WC has:

SoCal:
Tyrant
Havok
MikeHaze
DEHF
DSF
Fiction

Washington:
Weruop
Chip

Vegas:
SK92
FOW
Z

Subs: MoJoe, Hall, RichBrown, Futile, Jem, Zex, Sean

They're lesser in numbers, but still have a really formidable lineup. Better than Midwest imo, maybe even.

South = Texas and its surroundings.

Texas:
Dojo
UTD Zac
Ultimate Razer
Gnes
DPhat
PhantomX

Louisiana:
Lee Martin

Oklahoma:
KOS-MOS
Bassem

New Mexico:
Dekar

Subs: Santi, Sethlon, DMG, Hylian, Jerm, Fliphop

Same deal as WC here. Less numbers, but still ****.

Midwest definitely is not the best region...if EC gets Ally, forget it.

CO18

Smash Hero
Bias.

Of course someone will say their region is best, that's where they live, that's who they play with.
Actually Fl is usually considered the south not EC so im not biased. But like EC has by far more top players than any other region and its not really close. Maybe WC is close but thats about it.

Edit: Sry if I misinterpreted your post wrong and you were just saying that other people think that because of bias lol.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No it shouldn't, then EC wins by a landslide. Atlantic North and Atlantic South should stay separate imo. I like AZ's regions.

Also @ whoever thought that AZ's OP list of regions was his list of best to worst regions: you're an idiot.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea east coast is the best even tyrant admitted that. Also Termina: as of right now Bum is the 3rd best DK on the east coast he would not be the sub, the sub would ether be cable or Will and thats assuming u think everyone u named before them is better which i don't even thinks the case. O well the point is the EC is the best and u showed that very well

Max Ketchum

Bum has been inactive forever, the people on the subs list are people who would be **** if they were active tournament players or people just not good enough to make the cut.

otg

Smash Master
No it shouldn't, then EC wins by a landslide. Atlantic North and Atlantic South should stay separate imo. I like AZ's regions.
If that is the case, then California should be either be split up or separated from Washington/AZ/other states that are considered WC. Cali is the size of like Pensylvania down to florida, why is the west coast united but EC has to be divided?

Answer:

because than no other regoin would stand a chance (they already dont but w'e)

Max Ketchum

If that is the case, then California should be either be split up or separated from Washington/AZ/other states that are considered WC. Cali is the size of like Pensylvania down to florida, why is the west coast united but EC has to be divided?

Answer:

This.

WC becomes Pacific North and Pacific South--there are no more "coasts" anymore. South also becomes ****ing enormous, spanning almost the entire width of the United States.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion

Answer:

Alright, compromise.

Our best player, vs yours.

=DDD

*runs*

Max Ketchum

Florida should never be AN.
Duh. I didn't say it was AN.

AZ lists the regions in the first post as "East Coast" and "West Coast". I know the Smashboards regions, but if we're going by coasts then Florida is most certainly EC.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
n00b

East Coast in the Smash community has always been synonymous with Atlantic North, going back to the first regional crew battle at FC3 in 2005, from Maine through Tri-State all the way down to MD/VA. That's who they generally play against, so that's their region.

South is a different story, since we're MUCH further apart than any other region, except from Socal to Washington. The South crew was essentially assembled out of the rejected states; East Coast hated Florida because they weren't that good and never played with them (remember Husband standing on the edge of Georgia and throwing them into the ocean?), Midwest didn't want Texas because we're too far apart (that and Crystal City ***** SMYM. Or something) and West Coast didn't want Arizona. So Arizona, Texas, and Florida combined to form the South crew, since we all generally got along and interacted with each other as frequently as we could back then.

Linguini

Smash Master
Real talk, the south is probably the best region now. No doubt in my mind that EC would be the best if they had all their best players actively going to tournaments(KDJ,Azen,PC,BUM).

At this point in the South we've got

Shiz
Hbox
Colbol
Chops
Darkrain
Linguini
Dr peeps
Xelic
Uber Ice
NesNoob
Chaddd

Im pretty sure we would take EC out in crews.You guys have 2 or 3 power hitters but we have an overall higher calibur team.

Max Ketchum

Well, regardless of communal synonyms, Florida is geographically on the eastern coast of the country.

So then, what should the regions be? The ones Smashboards has listed?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So then, what should the regions be? The ones Smashboards has listed?
Yes.

Real talk, the south is probably the best region now. No doubt in my mind that EC would be the best if they had all their best players actively going to tournaments(KDJ,Azen,PC,BUM).

At this point in the South we've got

Shiz
Hbox
Colbol
Chops
Darkrain
Linguini
Dr peeps
Xelic
Uber Ice
NesNoob
Chaddd

Im pretty sure we would take EC out in crews.You guys have 2 or 3 power hitters but we have an overall higher calibur team.
Jman
Cactuar
Scar
Hax
Eggm
Swiftbass
DJN
teh_spamerer
Tec0
Vanz
etc.

Idk, dude... Atlantic North is still very, very gdlk.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I didn't realize anyone mattered outside the top 3 in each region. They're the ones getting the money anyway. If you compare just the top 3 from every region in Brawl it's actually relatively balanced imo. Who does crew battles in brawl anyway? They take forever.

Max Ketchum

AN and South are **** in Melee. If PC/Bum/KDJ/Azen unquit and M2K moved back, AN would be #1.

AN is #1 in Brawl.

Canada:
Ally
HolyNightmare
SilverDoc
Swordgard
KingAce

These few are really good, but the rest of Canada is a large step below them.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
But Florida is rarely considered "East Coast" and has historically pretty much always been branded and culturally identified as part of the South.

Also, South generally brings a whole host of really good players to big tournaments if all of our best can't make it; we have great depth including players that Linguini didn't mention like myself, RockCrock, QDVS, bluezaft and others.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Also @ whoever thought that AZ's OP list of regions was his list of best to worst regions: you're an idiot.
My thoughts exactly.

Also yea, I guess we need to figure out what is considered a "region".

I'm probably better than you and I wouldn't even be used in Atlantic North's actual top ten and you say you're guaranteed to be in the top ten for your region like lol our B team would **** most other regions.
You are basing this on what? You beating me at my second Brawl tournament ever, 1 year ago, where I still managed to take you to game 5 last hit despite you having been to 2-3 tournaments a month since the game was released?

Also Ally may be EC for Pound 4, but that doesn't make him EC. He is doing that because Canada simply won't have enough people for a real, quality crew. The idea is the hypothetical question: if a tournament were to happen with the top 10 from each region in attendance how would they stack up.

You play for the region for which you live in. It can't be any other way.

Top Bottom