• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Region?

Banks

Smash Hero
Top Ten in some order

JMan
Chu Dat
Tope
Cactuar
Eggm
Darc
Swift
Hax
th0rn
Scar

is there anyone else i'm forgetting

JFox

Smash Hero
i'm curious as to what credentials DJ Nintendo has to be top 10

I rarely see him even placing top 10 in tri-state local tournament results (unless it's like a 16-man tournament)

is EC just lacking depth nowadays or what? Bring back the glory days of MD/VA dominating the list -_-
DJ just placed third at a local in doubles and singles. Honestly tho, he often doesnt place high at locals cuz he plays low tiers, and we are all pretty used to his trix and habits. But whenever he goes out of region he *****. He just beat Lambchopz with bowser in tourney. He's beaten PKM's marth with bowser, and came really close to winning a set vs m2k's sheik with his bowser. His mario is also very good, beating Tope somewhat recently in tournament.

Every low tier player has this problem tho. Low tiers are very limited characters, which is why a guy like skler also has a very hard time when he fights his own region. But imo he's very borderline top 10 on the EC, so long as he's not playing someone else who is top 10 and from tri-state. In a crew battle, he would have no trouble though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm just confused since when his accomplishments are listed, they are always qualified by "with bowser"

and he didn't do so hot in crews at genesis, FWIW

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Wow im insulted I didnt make Jfox's list and were supposed to be boys. Not to mention I outplaced/beat Half his list at the last tournament I went to without playing in maaad long.

But really, I think Id rather have Gmoney over DJ. Has Gmoney ever lost an opening match in a crew battle? And just throw me in against some Fox so I can take him to FD. Shame on you Jfox for not having a Marth on the crew, we all know Cactuars going Fox

JFox

Smash Hero
pocky, the with bowser isnt a qualifier, its a bonus. Beating chopz, pkm, and almost winning a set vs m2k is all impressive...the with bowser is just an add on. And ur other argument blows. "he didnt do well in this one crew battle so..."

hbk, is MADDD legit, and g$ is a very solid opener. but DJ ***** very specific matches (basically any character under peach on the tiers, plus he ***** falcos) making him pretty useful. ****, beast coast has too many good players.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well you said he'd have no trouble, whereas he did have trouble

how many other regional crew battles have there been in the past 2 years? (i'm seriously asking, i haven't traveled off the WC for a while)

and yeah those wins are impressive, though the fact that he did it with bowser isn't a bonus at all (if you expect that he'd use bowser in the crew battle or whatever and unless you think his other characters are clearly better than his bowser)...

i don't know the current EC scene well enough to say whether those two wins trump anything that others (i.e. HBK or G$) have accomplished, but the fact that you always see "with bowser" attached to any accomplishment just leads me to believe that the feats that people boast about are only impressive because of the bowser factor (if not, why include it at all?)

not everything has to be an argument, i'm just asking for information; given that i don't live anywhere near the faux-tristate and don't have access to the information you do, you could just lay it out for me

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
FAST1 - 9th
Tunes Bi-Weekly - 3rd
Shell Shocked IV - 7th
SPOC VII - 5th
Saffron City - 5th

Those singles results were just to name a few tournaments I've placed top 10. Those tournaments weren't just filled with noobs and mediocre players. For example, SPOC VII had players like Mango, Jman, PKM Vodka, Vwins, Kage, Tope, Cyrain just to name a few. I'm not gonna mention my teams results because I usually get really high in teams.

I definitely **** OOS, especially when it comes to crew battles. People need to stop using Genesis as a reference. I didn't like Genesis anyway. The crew battle match I had against Lucky was my first matchup of the day. So it was pretty much my friendly. I also did the mistake of picking Yoshi's Story. Although I felt no other choice but to pick that stage since I had no warmups. Anyway, PC Chris and other pros consider me for national crew battles because I perform well consistently in crews and because of my usefulness in matchups. I was even put in crews for Pound 3.

I'm not really a fan of singles. My main reason for not entering sometimes is because I get bored playing the same people all the time. Thats why I like going OOS. When I enter singles and not place in top 10, its either because I choke or something irritated me during singles and I just didn't care anymore. I choke alot in tournament. If I play consistently well during a tournament, I have the possibility of winning the tournament or getting at least top 3 regardless of who is there. If I get my a$$ kicked even when I play well, I'm still happy since I didn't choke or barely choked.

JFox, some parts you said about me are true and some parts aren't. Yes, low tiers suck. We all know this and it definitely limits the possibility of me placing high or even winning tournaments at locals. Although I don't play just Bowser and Mario. I do use them more often than my other mains and characters but I've barely been using those two anymore. This is why I've returned to using Samus again like I used to back in the days. I've been playing various characters in tournament for years. The thing is that I lose confidence in choosing my other characters in tournament. I also do use high tier characters in tournament. My best being Peach and even Fox if I'm playing him well. Although like I said, my problem is not being confident in picking them. Thus, making me stupid. Another thing is I tend to make stupid decisions when it comes to switching to another character or just staying the character I was currently using. Nowadays I just care about getting all my mains and other characters recorded as much as possible so I can have alot of footage for my upcoming combo video. Thats part of the reason why I got 3rd at the last tournament I attended. I **** at pretty much every matchup, I just need to play well and I'm good, no matter which one of my mains or other characters I'm using.

If the players here in tri-state are used to my tricks and habits, I should be getting destroyed every time and not even get top 10 ever. Those players may know alot of whatever from me but they don't know everything. I have a unique and weird playing style. Yes I know, I camp alot. I don't camp as much as I used to though. At the same time, some people get confused between camping and playing very defensive. I change up the way I play alot, especially since I use many characters. I'm also an extremely smart player and can adapt to a person's style and habits quickly. So even if I'm at a disadvantage using a low tier, mid tier, or even one of my high tiers and the person I'm playing knows somewhat about my tricks and habits, its still gonna be a tough a$$ match regardless. I just choke too much in tournament and I rarely get recorded.

PB&J

Smash Hero
pockyd- the more u post makes u seem more and more less likable.. ill post what i think later in details but i think

the south and east coast are the best 2 regions hands down

then west coast

detials later..brb

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm not worried about being liked that much, especially by you, who is one of the least liked people in the community outside of his immediately adjacent states

also wtf at "more and more less likable"

and yeah i'm aware i often rub people the wrong way, but in this case i wasn't trying to be offensive, i was just asking for information... i'm glad DJ took it that way and didn't try to get overly defensive or call me out and instead just presented his case rationally; if even he could see clearly what I was asking/saying, I don't see why you can't

ZoSo

Smash Champion
hax mentioned g$/alu/DJN/vanz
zeb mentioned zoso/elen/arc

^but i've beaten everyone of those people in tourney at least once (or more than once) tho so if those people are nominees than i guess i am too BWAHAHA
LOL. I'm like 8-1 against you, Bobby. STFU.

PB&J

Smash Hero
pockyd- lol..i dont care if west coast doesnt like me..there are a couple of people over there who are still cool in my book even if they dont like me..making friends is another, but like i was saying

u were quick to say that djn doesnt do well in his region which is a false statement..he can go even with most of the top players who play this game if not all of them. he shouldnt even of have to post where he placed because u were making statements when u didnt even have no clue what u were talking about

im not going to make a list for other regions or even my own.. and i think other people from different regions shoudnt say this person is the best from the midwest or third in the south..which is most of the time is wrong

and another thing- i love the boards. most people dont even post on the boards because of situations like this.

i find it funny how many underrated players and overrated players there are in the smash community

and dont make refrences from genesis..besides it being the biggest and hanging out with people. the tourny it self sucked compared to others..i mean 12 setups for melee is horrible.

step it up west coast... there should of been minumum 50/60 for each game not 33 total

like i said before there are people over there who are cool but u guys need to learn how to run tournies

pockyD

Smash Legend
pockyd- lol..i dont care if west coast doesnt like me..there are a couple of people over there who are still cool in my book even if they dont like me..making friends is another, but like i was saying

u were quick to say that djn doesnt do well in his region which is a false statement..he can go even with most of the top players who play this game if not all of them. he shouldnt even of have to post where he placed because u were making statements when u didnt even have no clue what u were talking about

im not going to make a list for other regions or even my own.. and i think other people from different regions shoudnt say this person is the best from the midwest or third in the south..which is most of the time is wrong
He himself conceded that he doesn't tend to play at his best in local tri-state tournaments, which is the exact same observation that I made

and another thing- i love the boards. most people dont even post on the boards because of situations like this.

i find it funny how many underrated players and overrated players there are in the smash community
yeah, situations like some random guy across the country pumping up his local players then having no accountability afterwards

and dont make refrences from genesis..besides it being the biggest and hanging out with people. the tourny it self sucked compared to others..i mean 12 setups for melee is horrible.

step it up west coast... there should of been minumum 50/60 for each game not 33 total

like i said before there are people over there who are cool but u guys need to learn how to run tournies
How can you lead this section with "dont make refrences [sic] from genesis", then proceed to judge how the WC runs tournaments solely based on genesis?

PB&J

Smash Hero
oc3 and genesis makes west coast look bad

and he still gets top 5 / top ten

and the local players over here are good..please come to the south

ahh... i love it

im not here to argue im just trying to tell u think before posting saying djn isnt top ten on east coast which is wrong

Banks

Smash Hero
LOL. I'm like 8-1 against you, Bobby. STFU.
uhh k cool? i wasn't talking about you when i said more than once.... elen/arc/g$ i've beaten multiple times, vanz i have played one time ever and won...and i have never played alukard in singles before

8-1....no

pockyD

Smash Legend
you're the last person who should ever tell me to think before posting

care to point out where i stated djn "isnt top ten on east coast"?

regardless of whether that's what i believe or not, i recognize that i'm clearly not qualified to present any relevant thoughts on the matter, so i tried my best not to... either i failed that, or you're reading into nothing yet again

Inui

Banned via Warnings
nah, nobody travels 3000 miles to 'not care'

and i don't really care about how good you are, i was just hoping that you would come in here, post some cartoon pictures, then completely derail the thread
I definitely didn't care about singles. I went all Marth, a character I quit, in pools and somehow 2-0'd everyone and then beat Sethlon round one in singles and then fought a Snake and stopped caring and got really bored after that. I literally didn't have any care for singles at that time. I started caring about singles again a few weeks after Genesis, and I've been performing well again, even outplacing Atomsk a whopping three times since then, which means something for sure since he's a national singles threat to pretty much everyone. I beat P~S again, who's 3rd in MD/VA. I wasn't joking when I said I didn't care about singles back around Genesis and how I'm doing proves it. I found a way to have fun in singles; stop going all MK, relearn Dedede and Snake, and start busting out Ike. Now it's fun enough to me.

i'm curious as to what credentials DJ Nintendo has to be top 10

I rarely see him even placing top 10 in tri-state local tournament results (unless it's like a 16-man tournament)

is EC just lacking depth nowadays or what? Bring back the glory days of MD/VA dominating the list -_-
I see DJ always place really well in results, especially the last half dozen tournaments or so. He's awesome. I love watching him play.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Woooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrdddddd

And he gave me a doc T-Shirt :D

What a cool guy (Noel still hasn't given it to me)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
hmmm... nothing against anyone else in here but PockyD is being pretty real right now in some of his posts and ....maybe some of you should do the same?

All I know is that I saw the Thread "best region" and immediately thought you guys should do a regional crew battle.

Of course, I'll stay by the sidelines and watch this time =D

-Ran

Smash Master
Region wise, Louisiana players would feel more of a 'kinship' with Texas. We go to their tournaments, and they go to us. We rarely ever go to anything in our 'region' since our scene is basically Louisiana or Florida, so Houston tournaments are always bigger. =v

Tink

Smash Hero
MW would upset some crews forrr sure if we had our best players playing...and we stole m2k =).

other then that, south is the most fearsome coast byyyy far.....idk how ppl think they stack up at all.

colbol
hungrybox
shizwiz
lambchops
pp
darkrain

those power six, plus 4 of any of these, nesnoob/linguini/rock/uber/chaddd/ihsb/lozr would rock some ppl imo.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i think wc has genuine talent & skill, but...
it's overrated. yea there are great players on the wc (mango zhu lucky pink shinobi hugs silentwolf eggz etc.) but there are great players in every region. just cuz mango lives on the wc doesn't mean wc is the best region. imo "best region" is a dumb argument in the first place cuz no one will win that argument & there will be johns whenever a crew battle happens on a large scale. "oh well X wasn't there so that doesn't count," i hear it every national. south/east/west coasts are all good & international is legit. mw is kinda good.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I feel like with m2k gone, south is really really close to EC. But EC is still best. EC > South > WC.

HugS™

Smash Lord
hugs - as someone who has been to your coast many times... you overrate your coast
LoL Jason, you're an amazing player, but no one listens to your opinion anymore. It changes like every other week.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Woooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrdddddd

And he gave me a doc T-Shirt :D

What a cool guy (Noel still hasn't given it to me)
Wow, I thought he been gave you the shirt. Tell him to step it up and give it to you.

hooooly **** dj feels himself a lot
Its not that I feel myself alot. I just know myself and my true potential in Melee more than anyone. I'm just keepin' it 100 like always and not give a f*ck if someone or people don't like what I say or take it the wrong way.

dj never came close to winning a set vs my sheik he won one game cuz i SDed 3 times and that was way back at GIMPED where i fought PC last

he is best bowser by far tho (just played gimpy 2 weeks ago)
First game, you two-stocked me on FD with your Sheik vs. my Mario. Second game, I took you to Yoshi's Story with Bowser against your Sheik. When you SDed three times, you were already in killing percent in each of those lives lol. You were gonna die anyway lol. You SDed that many times because Bowser was too sexy for your Sheik to look at lol. Third game, you switched to Marth and took me to Pokemon Stadium. We were tied two stocks a piece and I almost took you down to your last stock but you won. I believe thats a close to winning, so quit life lol. You're mad fun to play with Jason. You just kept complaining on how gay Bowser is lol. You're too good.

Oh yeah Jason, there's stuff I gotta teach you.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
North Coast these nuts. He's EC.

IIGHT EC IS OBV THE BEST COAST YOU WANNA KNO WHY?

WE GOT A ROBOTIC MK SLAYING SNAKE PLAYER

A F@$#*)#G INFINITE ABUSING IC PLAYER

A WATERED DOWN M2K META KNIGHT

AND A CAMPING DIDDY

NO COAST CAN BEAT THAT.

Cia

das kwl
LOL..

EC

Melee and Brawl

we just dominate ****

Edit:

vanz i have played one time ever and won
WOW..

$100.00 MONEY MATCH?

YOU BEAT ME AT A TOURNAMENT WHERE I'D GOTTEN REALLY SICK JUST HOURS BEFORE WE PLAYED AND I STILL WENT ON TO PLACE 5th WHILE YOU WERE OFF SOMEWHERE IN THE DOUBLE DIGITS. TO CLING ON TO THAT WIN AS AN ARGUMENT FOR STATUS IS JUST SHAMEFUL. IF YOU WANT TO PROVE THAT YOU SHOULD BE RANKED WITH US, ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE.

Top Bottom