• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Best Region?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
regional pride is half the fun of playing this game competetively.
says the scrub hasn't been to a tourney.

and EC needs more reasons to brag. =)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i'm wondering when regional crews became draft crews, aka ally chooses who he plays for just because he feels like it?
It's not.

Ally is extremely close to our region and has been consistently competing in our region at least twice a month for quite some time now (ever since Mew2King left, lol). Canada will never have enough players to form a crew at nationals. He fits best with us in this case.

Also yea, I guess we need to figure out what is considered a "region".
Smashboards does it for us in a pretty good way already.

Banks

Smash Hero
LOL..

EC

Melee and Brawl

we just dominate ****

Edit:

WOW..

$100.00 MONEY MATCH?

YOU BEAT ME AT A TOURNAMENT WHERE I'D GOTTEN REALLY SICK JUST HOURS BEFORE WE PLAYED AND I STILL WENT ON TO PLACE 5th WHILE YOU WERE OFF SOMEWHERE IN THE DOUBLE DIGITS. TO CLING ON TO THAT WIN AS AN ARGUMENT FOR STATUS IS JUST SHAMEFUL. IF YOU WANT TO PROVE THAT YOU SHOULD BE RANKED WITH US, ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE.

LOL, first of all no johns
secondly i was completely kidding by saying i should be ranked TOP 10 EC, i don't think i should at all, nor elen/arc/g$ whoever i mentioned in my post.

and why would i want to mm you for one hundred dollars? i don't "cling onto" anything. i played you once, i won. fact, get over it johnny.

and i was in the double digits yea, and i could john about playing bad to counteract your johns about losing to me. i had to play m2k second round and i lost to boss because i had the sniffles

i placed 3rd in teams too at that, i did fine

vanz get over yourself, my post was just to joke about how if those people who were name dropped for top 10 then i should be too. as a JOKE, because i know i'm not top 10.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Midwest has a really scary top 3. If we segregated the list by skill, it'd go (from my knowledge):

Mew2King

-gap-

Lain
Anther

-gap-

Judge
Hunger

-gap-

Shugo
AlphaZealot

-gap-

Kel
Affinity
Domo
Domo and I should both be one or two gaps higher on this. Don't underestimate us because we're from Kansas.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm just going by what I've seen in results. Neither of you two have outplaced noteworthy threats from high-level regions to my knowledge. I don't think either of you are bad at all, just lacking in experience vs. better people.

If not, then I stand corrected.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Max, it's cool. We'll send in Keitaro, ADHD, and teh_spamerer against Ohio/Michigan and the rest of us can take a ****ing nap LOL!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The more I think about it, I'm surprised that you made such a thread AZ. I would think you would know better that a thread like this would just amount to nothing too much more than a bunch of arguing and bias. Speaking of which, with your backing of MW in this thread among others, I can't help but think it's more that you just want recognition for Midwest now trying to take the crown away from Atl North who has previously been almost undisputed best in both games. Whether Midwest is the best now or not, who cares. Sure it's possible, but personal debating won't really get us anywhere fast. We've already considered the idea of a national ranking, and showed that it's near impossible.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It kind of makes me sad at how people consider canada as so bad besides for ally when we have alot of top players, we just dont travel much.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It kind of makes me sad at how people consider canada as so bad besides for ally when we have alot of top players, we just dont travel much.
FL dealt with this in Melee until like...late 2007.

Until people travel, nobody truly recognizes them outside of their region. That is how it is, and I agree with that tbqh. Unproven talent...is just that, unproven.

swordgard

Smash Hero
FL dealt with this in Melee until like...late 2007.

Until people travel, nobody truly recognizes them outside of their region. That is how it is, and I agree with that tbqh. Unproven talent...is just that, unproven.

Cool story bro, until you take down ally in a tourney set, youl remain unproven in my eyes.

See what i did there? Arbitrary requirement is arbitrary. Usa isnt the only ones with good players.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Cool story bro, until you take down ally in a tourney set, youl remain unproven in my eyes.

See what i did there? Arbitrary requirement is arbitrary. Usa isnt the only ones with good players.
You see, this doesn't matter. :laugh:

I travel. I ****. I got the proof. Ya'll nukkas don't except for Ally tbqh.

You not recognizing someone because they don't beat Ally is fine. You're one d00d. The whole world not recognizing someone in your area even though they might be top, now that is gonna hurt waaaay more.

swordgard

Smash Hero
You see, this doesn't matter. :laugh:

I travel. I ****. I got the proof. Ya'll nukkas don't except for Ally tbqh.

You not recognizing someone because they don't beat Ally is fine. You're one d00d. The whole world not recognizing someone in your area even though they might be top, now that is gonna hurt waaaay more.

Way to avoid the argument.

Fact is, USA needs to stop thinking they are the only ones good at this game. Remember armada and melee? yeah i remember that. USA should learn not to underestimate a country and its players especially when some of them did what very very few in their own country can do : P

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Way to avoid the argument.

Fact is, USA needs to stop thinking they are the only ones good at this game. Remember armada and melee? yeah i remember that. USA should learn not to underestimate a country and its players especially when some of them did what very very few in their own country can do : P
We know other people are good. We just don't care much until it's proven to us directly, I guess.

Just because Armada came here and did well once doesn't mean all of Europe is awesome. It means Armada is amazing.

swordgard

Smash Hero
We know other people are good. We just don't care much until it's proven to us directly, I guess.

Just because Armada came here and did well once doesn't mean all of Europe is awesome. It means Armada is amazing.

And why does USA get the right to judge everyone without ever travelling at their place? Its not like you guys are the only ones that matter.

swordgard

Smash Hero
We're the best and we have the biggest events and the most active scene.

Sorry?

Funny, i recall a canadian player taking last viridian city tourney. I guess USA's best wasnt there, thats the only explanation then.

Seriously, its not because you have the most active scene/you are the best that you can just assume everyone else is trash until they play you, thats dumb logic right there.

EDIT: I love america's self-centered mentality : D

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Funny, i recall a canadian player taking last viridian city tourney. I guess USA's best wasnt there, thats the only explanation then.

Seriously, its not because you have the most active scene/you are the best that you can just assume everyone else is trash until they play you, thats dumb logic right there.

LOL, an arguement with Inui= self centered mentality of AMERICA :laugh:

I could easily say the same about you trying to get recognition for your own region despite Ally being the one who travels. Don't try to cling to the success of others.

swordgard

Smash Hero
LOL, an arguement with Inui= self centered mentality of AMERICA :laugh:

I could easily say the same about you trying to get recognition for your own region despite Ally being the one who travels. Don't try to cling to the success of others.

Ahah, i could easily make an argument about that using my own achievements, but the point being that many players are really good in canada, of course they arent ally grade(then again, usa only has 1 player who has similar consistency). Its not because usa doesnt travel to canada that we assume they suck, thats just very bad. USA isnt the only good place with good players and isnt the only point of reference.

EDIT: Inui isnt the only one to have said that canada sucks save for ally basically.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
So out of the millions of people and thousands of smashers you make a broad statement about america based of the views of a few?

swordgard

Smash Hero
So out of the millions of people and thousands of smashers you make a broad statement about america based of the views of a few?
Nha, i take it from a very general view of the american population in general which often considers canada as americas hat.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Nha, i take it from a very general view of the american population in general which often considers canada as americas hat.
So, to stop us from generalizing you guys, you... generalize us! MAN, super effective! Clearly a 1hko.

swordgard

Smash Hero
So, to stop us from generalizing you guys, you... generalize us! MAN, super effective! Clearly a 1hko.

Considering that this is something i have seen happen over and over within not only people ive encoutered in USA but also at how your country acts in politics, i can clearly say that you guys often believe you are the center of the world.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Eh just go with it.
Considering that this is something i have seen happen over and over within not only people ive encoutered in USA but also at how your country acts in politics, i can clearly say that you guys often believe you are the center of the world.
Hat? Nah, I normally refer to Canada as America's toilet paper. Then again thats just my opinion and of course I would be generalizing

White_Mike

Smash Lord
IDK I think South is pretty legit at melee now with Dr. PP, Shiz, Hbox, Colbol, Darkrain, Lambchops, Raistlin and so many other beastly players.

Either EC or South for best in Melee.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Who cares? One d00d =/= your whole region. Stop clinging to Ally. Atlantic North alone has enough gdlk players to beat any other country alone, and we are a mere fraction of America's population.

We have the largest and strongest scene on Earth. That is a fact.

Who is assuming you are trash?

I am assuming nothing. I'm saying Ally is the only proven top player from your area, and maybe Holy. Can you deny this? No. Only Ally has travelled and performed very well.

EDIT: Inui isnt the only one to have said that canada sucks save for ally basically.
What? When did I say such a thing?

I heard you were an extremely good debater, but I am quite disappointed... You need better logic to challenge a von Karma!

Stratford

Smash Champion
IDK I think South is pretty legit at melee now with Dr. PP, Shiz, Hbox, Colbol, Darkrain, Lambchops, Raistlin and so many other beastly players.

Either EC or South for best in Melee.
Agreed, South is definitely beast too. Would've liked to see East vs South at Genesis...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

yes, because your best player can beat our best player means that your country in general is better @ smash than we are. i suppose Ally would win a whole crew battle for you, despite your otherwise comparatively lacking crew? since like the US would get places 2-9th right.

to be fair, the US is the most active scene for competitive smash. if you want to prove yourself to the world, you prove it here, or else we don't care.
I doubt Japan cared about Ken/the US until he went over their and beat all of their best players. Japan then saw that there were players in the US who did well (as well as people of that time did, anyway) against Ken & Isai, which led Japanese players to come over here to the US to compete (mainly in 0c2....) & place well. Thus, Japanese talent was proven by placing here.

sure, I can say all of this stuff about the US being the most centralized & active scene of smash with the greatest collection of talent (since our lifestyle is lazy & we can play video games all the time, and we have a huge population to pool talent from and a good system to travel within the country & compete with), but you'll just say that I'm self-centered and biased. Armada came over here & ***** like everyone except Mango. We then went and saw that there were players in Europe who gave Armada trouble. So.... it can pretty easily be concluded that Europe has a legit smash scene & is a force to be reckoned with (Pound 4 is gonna be ****). Canada, by comparison, hasn't had someone who has came over here in ***** (still talking Melee), but there are players who place well here often (Kage, BluntedObject, Vwins, RaynEX, PKMVodka, etc.) so Canada in general has respect in Melee in terms of talent. By comparison, Ally is the only Brawl player to come here & place well at all, and AFAIK there's no one in Canada who gives him any sort of trouble at all. Ally gets props, Canada as a whole doesn't necessarily get props.

unfortunately, bro, America being the main contributor to developing the metagame, rulesets, and international competitive platform does indeed make it the "center," of competitive smash.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
yes, because your best player can beat our best player means that your country in general is better @ smash than we are. i suppose Ally would win a whole crew battle for you, despite your otherwise comparatively lacking crew? since like the US would get places 2-9th right.

to be fair, the US is the most active scene for competitive smash. if you want to prove yourself to the world, you prove it here, or else we don't care.
I doubt Japan cared about Ken/the US until he went over their and beat all of their best players. Japan then saw that there were players in the US who did well (as well as people of that time did, anyway) against Ken & Isai, which led Japanese players to come over here to the US to compete (mainly in 0c2....) & place well. Thus, Japanese talent was proven by placing here.

sure, I can say all of this stuff about the US being the most centralized & active scene of smash with the greatest collection of talent (since our lifestyle is lazy & we can play video games all the time, and we have a huge population to pool talent from and a good system to travel within the country & compete with), but you'll just say that I'm self-centered and biased. Armada came over here & ***** like everyone except Mango. We then went and saw that there were players in Europe who gave Armada trouble. So.... it can pretty easily be concluded that Europe has a legit smash scene & is a force to be reckoned with (Pound 4 is gonna be ****). Canada, by comparison, hasn't had someone who has came over here in ***** (still talking Melee), but there are players who place well here often (Kage, BluntedObject, Vwins, RaynEX, PKMVodka, etc.) so Canada in general has respect in Melee in terms of talent. By comparison, Ally is the only Brawl player to come here & place well at all, and AFAIK there's no one in Canada who gives him any sort of trouble at all. Ally gets props, Canada as a whole doesn't necessarily get props.

unfortunately, bro, America being the main contributor to developing the metagame, rulesets, and international competitive platform does indeed make it the "center," of competitive smash.
The only real reason japanese players came to OC2 was because their plane rides were paid for by the US players with their venue fee charges.

What he was trying to say is that it's unfair to assume his country is bad when they don't travel and we never go there.

Not that Canada is better than the US, no one would say that.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
and i don't really care about how good you are, i was just hoping that you would come in here, post some cartoon pictures, then completely derail the thread

Who cares? One d00d =/= your whole region. Stop clinging to Ally. Atlantic North alone has enough gdlk players to beat any other country alone, and we are a mere fraction of America's population.

We have the largest and strongest scene on Earth. That is a fact.

Who is assuming you are trash?

I am assuming nothing. I'm saying Ally is the only proven top player from your area, and maybe Holy. Can you deny this? No. Only Ally has travelled and performed very well.

What? When did I say such a thing?

I heard you were an extremely good debater, but I am quite disappointed... You need better logic to challenge a von Karma!
inui=my fav debator on swf. <3

on topic: we have tournies with larger turnnouts. that alone is reason for u guys 2 need 2 prove urselves here. if u had huge tournies m2k would gladly go there and take ur money.

2ndly u have 2 keep in mind we're talking about perspective. how can we percieve u as good if u don't show us through means we understand? i'm sure japan doesn't think much of america atm 4 the same reason we think little of u.

Top Bottom