• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being In Love/Advice

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Best advice you'll ever get involving girls. If you like them, DO NOT BECOME THEIR FRIEND! Get to know them, but nothing more. Once you're their friend, you're just a friend.

GGs.
Ah, well. That's a relief. Well, doesn't really matter much cuz I've decided to forget about everything for the rest of the winter break. I need to chill out.

I haven't posted in 2 or 3 days huh?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Best advice you'll ever get involving girls. If you like them, DO NOT BECOME THEIR FRIEND! Get to know them, but nothing more. Once you're their friend, you're just a friend.

GGs.
This is total bs. I've never dated anyone who wasn't my friend first. And anyone I date after the person I'm with now, if we don't work out, will be a friend. You know you have something if they can be your friend first... Because then you know what there is to know about them. Their flaws, their problems, who they are completely... Before you ever get romantic with them. When you do get romantic with them, then you know what it takes to make it work because you know who they are. There's no awkward small talk about favourite colours or what do you do in your free time.

I mean the whole point of finding someone to spend your time with and to love is to find your best friend. And if you're best friends -first-, then you already know that's not the problem. It's very easy to have romantic feelings about someone and to fall in love with someone... It happens all the time, but to find someone who is your best friend and your in love with is harder. Just because you might love someone doesn't mean that you can talk to them about anything and be completely open and support everything they do like you can with a best friend. It's a lot easier to fall in love then to find a friend you can always count on. So if you date your friends who you know you can count on, then you never have to worry.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
This is total bs. I've never dated anyone who wasn't my friend first. And anyone I date after the person I'm with now, if we don't work out, will be a friend. You know you have something if they can be your friend first... Because then you know what there is to know about them. Their flaws, their problems, who they are completely... Before you ever get romantic with them. When you do get romantic with them, then you know what it takes to make it work because you know who they are. There's no awkward small talk about favourite colours or what do you do in your free time.

I mean the whole point of finding someone to spend your time with and to love is to find your best friend. And if you're best friends -first-, then you already know that's not the problem. It's very easy to have romantic feelings about someone and to fall in love with someone... It happens all the time, but to find someone who is your best friend and your in love with is harder. Just because you might love someone doesn't mean that you can talk to them about anything and be completely open and support everything they do like you can with a best friend. It's a lot easier to fall in love then to find a friend you can always count on. So if you date your friends who you know you can count on, then you never have to worry.
Truth right here.

I can't like a girl before I know them, and if they're not my friend, how well can I know them? How the heck do you even get to know someone before becoming friends with them? Eh, LadyBug has it right, though.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
However, if you are friends with a girl and confess your feelings towards her, she may not feel the same way in return. This could potentially make things very awkward between the two of you, depending on reactions, and possibly ruin what was once good friendship.

...and there, my friends, lies the rub.

Albert.

Smash Master
However, if you are friends with a girl and confess your feelings towards her, she may not feel the same way in return. This could potentially make things very awkward between the two of you, depending on reactions, and possibly ruin what was once good friendship.

...and there, my friends, lies the rub.

This is true sometimes, but if you and the girl actually do have at least a healthy friendship, (and she's not a *****), two people can learn to laugh it off.

like seriously, I'm the sad sap who only likes "friends" and I always eventually make a move and it never works out but I become better friends with her in the end.

true story

Cheapless Jared

Smash Apprentice
I asked this girl who sits next to me out today, and she said yes. It was a bit risky, because if I break up with her, sitting next to her will become increasingly awkward.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
you kinda have to be friends, but you gotta be like a flirty friend if your intrested... if not youll definetly get stuck in the friend zone...happened to my boy at school, the girl went out with him outta pity, but then she couldnt go on and told him he was more of a friend..it was bad....=/

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
This is true sometimes, but if you and the girl actually do have at least a healthy friendship, (and she's not a *****), two people can learn to laugh it off.

like seriously, I'm the sad sap who only likes "friends" and I always eventually make a move and it never works out but I become better friends with her in the end.

true story
True, it's merely one side effect. I know for a fact that it didn't make things weird for me afterwards either.

Also I'm not dismissing the whole befriending-of-her idea, Jona is right. Before things start to settle down, make it randomly flirty if you intend to go beyond friendship. I kinda want to tell my story but I'm sorta lazy and it makes me sound sappy. Although I will quote something I posted earlier in this thread that I don't think got enough attention..but I believe it's important.

"I love you" is probably one of the most overused phrases in the English language. Right between "Hello" and "No Johns"....

But seriously, in the society of this day and age, love is a feeling, oftentimes a passing one. In relationships, love may start off as a feeling, but it won't stay that way. In a romantic relationship, this is what starts the fire in us. It's amazing, yes, like being on a roller coaster with all the ups and downs and excitement. But, you can't be on a roller coaster too long without getting sick. And so the infatuation may start wearing off, when you feel the love is "dying".

This is where people should realize that love isn't a feeling, it's a choice. When the infatuation wears off, we are left to build the relationship. The love is still there, but it will only die if we don't choose to work at it, if we don't communicate and let other things interfere. At it's heart, love is an act of our will, and by seeing it simply as a feeling we'll find relationship after relationship going wrong and ending.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
About all this "Friend Zone" talk: for some people, becoming friends first works, for others it doesn't. The possibility arrises from individual relationships, and as such, it's impossible to make a sweeping generalization in any direction.

The point is to know exactly what you want from someone, and go after it. Don't become friends with a person hoping that you'll weasel your way into their heart, and that someday they'll wake up and realize that they can't live without you. THAT doesn't work. Let your intentions be clearly known. If you're interested in a romantic relationship right off the bat, tell them. If your feelings towards your best friend change, tell them. Friends don't magically become more than friends without someone taking a chance.

Mith_

Smash Champion
If you see somebody you like don't try to befriend them. Go straight from acquaintances to relationship imo.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
About all this "Friend Zone" talk: for some people, becoming friends first works, for others it doesn't. The possibility arrises from individual relationships, and as such, it's impossible to make a sweeping generalization in any direction.

The point is to know exactly what you want from someone, and go after it. Don't become friends with a person hoping that you'll weasel your way into their heart, and that someday they'll wake up and realize that they can't live without you. THAT doesn't work. Let your intentions be clearly known. If you're interested in a romantic relationship right off the bat, tell them. If your feelings towards your best friend change, tell them. Friends don't magically become more than friends without someone taking a chance.
i agree with this thing except the part where you said "If you're interested in a romantic relationship right off the bat, tell them."

like that would scare alot of girls away lol, i say this because depending on the type of girl your going after, she probably wont just go out with you because your handsome...ofcourse there are some girls that would do that but i dont think those kind of girls are good for anyone.. thats my opinion.. anyways, i think being friends in necessary, you have to start somewhere....its just that you have to be like an interested type of friend, not your normal hey whats up kind of friend..you gotta act intrested, act like you like her, from there either she will act the same way back or she wont, and thats where you either give up or go for it

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
If you like a girl, go after her. It's that simple. If she likes you, she'll respond, and if she doesn't she won't. There's no mystery to it, and if she doesn't want to give you a straight up yes or no, then drop her and move on.

If you want a friend, that's a totally different thing. Don't get the two confused.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
thats the thing tho, you cant just walk up to a girl and say i want you, be my girl. that just doesnt work..
i bet any girl with class would just be laugh at you, or just say no thanks, you feel me.

you have to atleast communicate with her first, get to know her a little bit and stuff, also why would you randomly go up to a girl and ask her out if you know nothing about her? lol

but you definitely have to atleast make sure you guys are "friends" or something first, you definitely need that starting point.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I didn't say ask her out, I said pursue her. What I mean is, don't pretend to be just a friend if you know FOR CERTAIN that you want more. Tell her, "Hi, my name is _________, and I think you're very [pretty/beautiful/smart/insert adjective here] and I was wondering if I could have your phone number and give you a call sometime." No friendship involved there.

By the way, that's exactly how I met my wife. We saw each other around school a few times, the first time we talked I asked for her number, and the rest is history. The key is that we both knew what we wanted, and didn't pretend otherwise.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
thats the thing tho, you cant just walk up to a girl and say i want you, be my girl. that just doesnt work..
i bet any girl with class would just be laugh at you, or just say no thanks, you feel me.

you have to atleast communicate with her first, get to know her a little bit and stuff, also why would you randomly go up to a girl and ask her out if you know nothing about her? lol

but you definitely have to atleast make sure you guys are "friends" or something first, you definitely need that starting point.
Jam didn't say just walk up to a girl and ask her out if you know nothing about her, he said to go after a girl if you like her. I interpret that as just pursuing the girl, rather than sitting around afraid to talk to her or debating whether you should or not.

I personally agree with that, although I can't say I'd be able to follow the advice myself. I became friends with a girl who I liked for three years before we actually ended up going out, and it was because SHE asked ME out. Yeah, I'm pathetic...it's the reason I haven't had a girlfriend since we broke up, which was about two years ago.
I haven't really had a desire to date since anyways, since it's quite a bit of stress and I haven't had a desire to date any of the girls I know.

I disagree with your last point, Jona. It certainly helps -- as I said, I was friends with that girl before we started going out -- but it's not a necessity, especially if you're out of school. After all, if you had to know someone pretty well before you ever started dating them, that would sort of defeat the purpose of dating. A lot of times it's based on initial attraction (either based on looks or what pieces of their personality you can pick up from whatever) and then you date a person to get to know them better, to know if you'd want to take the relationship further.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Jam didn't say just walk up to a girl and ask her out if you know nothing about her, he said to go after a girl if you like her. I interpret that as just pursuing the girl, rather than sitting around afraid to talk to her or debating whether you should or not.

I personally agree with that, although I can't say I'd be able to follow the advice myself. I became friends with a girl who I liked for three years before we actually ended up going out, and it was because SHE asked ME out. Yeah, I'm pathetic...it's the reason I haven't had a girlfriend since we broke up, which was about two years ago.
I haven't really had a desire to date since anyways, since it's quite a bit of stress and I haven't had a desire to date any of the girls I know.

I disagree with your last point, Jona. It certainly helps -- as I said, I was friends with that girl before we started going out -- but it's not a necessity, especially if you're out of school. After all, if you had to know someone pretty well before you ever started dating them, that would sort of defeat the purpose of dating. A lot of times it's based on initial attraction (either based on looks or what pieces of their personality you can pick up from whatever) and then you date a person to get to know them better, to know if you'd want to take the relationship further.

WHAT YOU HAVE AN OPINION??!?! AND YOU DISAGREE WITH ME :mad:

lol, i dont know exactly what kind of girls you go after and like idk where your from and stuff, but where im from, the girls i liked, dont just give out a number like that... like for reals, im not trying to say anything bad about the girls that do, im just saying, here the girls dont do that, well i havent tried in around a year and a half but like it didnt happen back then..

i mean like i agree with you on the part where you say its not a necessity, but like i said, over here you dont get a girls number being a random person walking up saying you look good and can i have the number..nahh

9/10 times youll have to atleast be talking to a girl for a month or so before you can get a number.. but you know, different types of girls/different areas

theres alot that goes into this, but if you fear rejection, getting to know the person first/being friends is the way to go.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
If you see somebody you like don't try to befriend them. Go straight from acquaintances to relationship imo.
Use physical attraction to your advantage and then build up from there. I'd say flirt a bit, if she flirts back, try hooking up, by then she'll be interested or was jsut out for some fun from the get go and thus not worth your time.

Works for me :p

If you fear rejection your going to be at such a huge disadvantage already buddy. sometimes you gotta man up and hope for the best. it will not be the end of the world if they say no, it'll hurt yes, but you'll get a better one after words. Keep your options open even when your going to ask a girl out, if she says yes then break it off with your options, but it's good to have options if your scared of rejection, because you were rejected once yeah but you have other people that might not reject you.
anyways confidence is a big thing in girls/boys dating, trust me on tis one, I jsut got out of a relationship where my ex was entirely self concious the entire time. It was so terrible that I don't want to do taht type of relationship ever again.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Use physical attraction to your advantage and then build up from there. I'd say flirt a bit, if she flirts back, try hooking up, by then she'll be interested or was jsut out for some fun from the get go and thus not worth your time.

Works for me :p

If you fear rejection your going to be at such a huge disadvantage already buddy. sometimes you gotta man up and hope for the best. it will not be the end of the world if they say no, it'll hurt yes, but you'll get a better one after words. Keep your options open even when your going to ask a girl out, if she says yes then break it off with your options, but it's good to have options if your scared of rejection, because you were rejected once yeah but you have other people that might not reject you.
anyways confidence is a big thing in girls/boys dating, trust me on tis one, I jsut got out of a relationship where my ex was entirely self concious the entire time. It was so terrible that I don't want to do taht type of relationship ever again.
lol its natural to fear rejection...especially if you really like the person...
i mean like, if your not scared of being rejected then you obviously have no soul lol

i honestly think "options" is the worst thing there could ever be..

my aunt's were telling me to keep my options open in my relationship, and i thought about it, nah man..

imagine i keep my options open, break up with my girl for some one else, and that person doesnt even care about me like my girl does and i try to get back with mine and she wont take me back.. hell no.. alot of time like the saying goes, you dont realize what you have until you loose it, and alot of times, if you lose it, your not gonna find it again..
i would never risk what i have now just to keep my options open and try something new..

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
lol its natural to fear rejection...especially if you really like the person...
i mean like, if your not scared of being rejected then you obviously have no soul lol

i honestly think "options" is the worst thing there could ever be..

my aunt's were telling me to keep my options open in my relationship, and i thought about it, nah man..

imagine i keep my options open, break up with my girl for some one else, and that person doesnt even care about me like my girl does and i try to get back with mine and she wont take me back.. hell no.. alot of time like the saying goes, you dont realize what you have until you loose it, and alot of times, if you lose it, your not gonna find it again..
i would never risk what i have now just to keep my options open and try something new..
LOL okay man don't keep your options open during the relationship, that just spells trouble :) so I agree with you there, but keep them open till you get into that relationship :)

fear of rejection because you like her too much, hmm I once had that issue too, so what i did was thought of a girl i'd like to date and try to ask her out before I really really liked her and it's worked pretty well so far.

Dude I know exactly what your saying in that last para graph, like actually i just broke up with my girlfriend and we dated for almost 2 years, we had an awesome thing going ad you don't know what you have till you lose it. Drop your options right after you get into a relationship. That's what I was trying to say :p you seem to be in a healthy relationship so enjoy it man, while it lasts.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
LOL okay man don't keep your options open during the relationship, that just spells trouble :) so I agree with you there, but keep them open till you get into that relationship :)

fear of rejection because you like her too much, hmm I once had that issue too, so what i did was thought of a girl i'd like to date and try to ask her out before I really really liked her and it's worked pretty well so far.

Dude I know exactly what your saying in that last para graph, like actually i just broke up with my girlfriend and we dated for almost 2 years, we had an awesome thing going ad you don't know what you have till you lose it. Drop your options right after you get into a relationship. That's what I was trying to say :p you seem to be in a healthy relationship so enjoy it man, while it lasts.

lol thanks bro, im definitely not losing this girl, putting a ring on her finger in a few years lol,
i think dating is like the worst part of life lol, its stressful, aggravating, exhausting, and a whole bunch of crap...but once you find the right girl its like heaven man.. unless your the type that like to bounce around girl to girl then you probly dont care..

i can imagine it being tough to lose a girl after almost 2 years...i dont even wanna think about that man

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
lol thanks bro, im definitely not losing this girl, putting a ring on her finger in a few years lol,
i think dating is like the worst part of life lol, its stressful, aggravating, exhausting, and a whole bunch of crap...but once you find the right girl its like heaven man.. unless your the type that like to bounce around girl to girl then you probly dont care..

i can imagine it being tough to lose a girl after almost 2 years...i dont even wanna think about that man
If I'm not in a relationship I'll bounce around yeah, but when i'm in it, i'm in it to win it, unless we just don't mesh well then I'll let her off easy becasue I will not date someone that I fail to mesh with.

Haha yeah man it sucks. Good on ya I hope taht works for you :) and you enjoy your life with her.

LOLZ! agreed about the relationship parts. and about the heaven part, but once your in a wicked relationship heaven can turn to hell when your gf says something about another guy. then it's not heaven anymore then it's back to stress and crappyness.
but I know whatcha mean all the same just throwing my 2 cents in :p

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
If I'm not in a relationship I'll bounce around yeah, but when i'm in it, i'm in it to win it, unless we just don't mesh well then I'll let her off easy becasue I will not date someone that I fail to mesh with.

Haha yeah man it sucks. Good on ya I hope taht works for you :) and you enjoy your life with her.

LOLZ! agreed about the relationship parts. and about the heaven part, but once your in a wicked relationship heaven can turn to hell when your gf says something about another guy. then it's not heaven anymore then it's back to stress and crappyness.
but I know whatcha mean all the same just throwing my 2 cents in :p

thanks again bro, hope you find what youre lookin for eventually, good to see someone see things the way i do..

Hentekorino

Smash Journeyman
@Anyone: How long did it take to get over your first?
I was dating mine for a year and a half, she broke up with me last month, still haven't gotten over her. :|

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
my first relationship lasted like a week lol so i was like sad for that afternoon...

my only relationship that actually lasted more then a week is the one im in now..almost a year and a half too... if i lost her i would never get over her, like seriously

i would be so emo lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Uhm, Considering I usually get over most of my gf's in about a day ( that day is filled with the WORST heartbreak pain and sick-ness feeling ever)
It took me like 2 weeks. It only took that little because of how we had to break up. her family was Protestant christian and her mom found out about me and her having sex and she was very unhappy. she told us to stop and we didn't so she forced her daughter to break up with me, her daughter didn't want to, and I didn't want it to end but there wasn't anything e could do. Bad stuff happened after taht due to me being a jack ***
But a part of me still loves her.

Man maybe your confusing wanting her to be happy with still being into her. there is such a difference, I really want courtney to be successful in life and have the best life possible but I would say i'm over her, she's just a friend that I think very highly of, nothing more and nothing less.

Those are my two cents.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Anyone: How long did it take to get over your first?
I was dating mine for a year and a half, she broke up with me last month, still haven't gotten over her. :|
It's different for everyone. It also depends on the circumstances, level of involvement, and all that.

My first (serious) relationship lasted four years, and we were never official. Distance and politics got in the way, and towards the end we could both see it slipping. When we finally axed it, I can say that what I mostly felt was relief. Can't say that it was the same on the other end though.

My best advice (not that you asked for it, I mean just as a general suggestion to anyone) is to not overanalyze a break up. I guess most people can't help but dwell on it--that's normal--but deep analysis usually doesn't help the situation when it's already gone. It'd be different if you were trying to fix something, but if it's gone, you gotta let it go. Overthinking it won't yield any solutions. Sometimes (by this I mean all of the time), you just have to move on.

But then, I am old, bitter, cynical, and deeply angry. So what would I know? We'll just pretend I believe in love.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Uhm, Considering I usually get over most of my gf's in about a day ( that day is filled with the WORST heartbreak pain and sick-ness feeling ever)
It took me like 2 weeks. It only took that little because of how we had to break up. her family was Protestant christian and her mom found out about me and her having sex and she was very unhappy. she told us to stop and we didn't so she forced her daughter to break up with me, her daughter didn't want to, and I didn't want it to end but there wasn't anything e could do. Bad stuff happened after taht due to me being a jack ***
But a part of me still loves her.

Man maybe your confusing wanting her to be happy with still being into her. there is such a difference, I really want courtney to be successful in life and have the best life possible but I would say i'm over her, she's just a friend that I think very highly of, nothing more and nothing less.

Those are my two cents.
wow that sounds like it was terrible..
i dont know man, if you love really love someone and you get over her in 2 weeks? thats really odd

if i were you i would have just waited for her, like it would be hard and stuff, but being with other girls is nothing bro...if that girl was right for you, you should wait it out for her...

idk im the type that look at things in the long run, well atleast for relationships..the short run is just like being with girls having sex and making out with every other girl and just being stupid... i really dont like kids like that, most of them treat girls like theyre nothing, that just makes me mad.. im so whipped man lol

It's different for everyone. It also depends on the circumstances, level of involvement, and all that.

My first (serious) relationship lasted four years, and we were never official. Distance and politics got in the way, and towards the end we could both see it slipping. When we finally axed it, I can say that what I mostly felt was relief. Can't say that it was the same on the other end though.

My best advice (not that you asked for it, I mean just as a general suggestion to anyone) is to not overanalyze a break up. I guess most people can't help but dwell on it--that's normal--but deep analysis usually doesn't help the situation when it's already gone. It'd be different if you were trying to fix something, but if it's gone, you gotta let it go. Overthinking it won't yield any solutions. Sometimes (by this I mean all of the time), you just have to move on.

But then, I am old, bitter, cynical, and deeply angry. So what would I know? We'll just pretend I believe in love.
lol i understand what you mean about over thinking stuff...happens all the time..

pretend to believe in love? man just cuz you havent found it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. if other people have it what makes you think you cant? its crazy that people think love doesnt exist and stuff

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
wow that sounds like it was terrible..
i dont know man, if you love really love someone and you get over her in 2 weeks? thats really odd

if i were you i would have just waited for her, like it would be hard and stuff, but being with other girls is nothing bro...if that girl was right for you, you should wait it out for her...

idk im the type that look at things in the long run, well atleast for relationships..the short run is just like being with girls having sex and making out with every other girl and just being stupid... i really dont like kids like that, most of them treat girls like theyre nothing, that just makes me mad.. im so whipped man lol
Both of my best friends are players through and through so I know what your talking about :p. they treat them like they are nothing :| it's ridicules and it drives them girls crazy.

Lol I went and ended up dating a girl I've known for ever and flirted with her countless times but she'd ALWAYS stab me in the back for either of my player friends, so finally I because similar to them ( I know, but don't hate me yet, the only thing I adopted from them is the ability to not listen to my concience) and then we started dating about 2 weeks later.

Me getting over her in two weeks was I guess a little short it took me about a month, but I really only felt bad about that happening for two weeks.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Both of my best friends are players through and through so I know what your talking about :p. they treat them like they are nothing :| it's ridicules and it drives them girls crazy.

Lol I went and ended up dating a girl I've known for ever and flirted with her countless times but she'd ALWAYS stab me in the back for either of my player friends, so finally I because similar to them ( I know, but don't hate me yet, the only thing I adopted from them is the ability to not listen to my concience) and then we started dating about 2 weeks later.

Me getting over her in two weeks was I guess a little short it took me about a month, but I really only felt bad about that happening for two weeks.
not listening to your concience is like...idk, its like something thats not good lol
you should always listen to your conscience...thats what keeps you from being a player...
if i didnt listen to mine, i would have cheated with the 5 or so girls that have tried to get at me while ive been with my girl...i would be like ah no one will know, or who cares, or its just a one time deal, nah, i need my conscience, it makes me be a good boy and avoid getting into any type of "more then friend" type thing with girls...i actually barely talk to girls, only if they talk to me first..

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
not listening to your concience is like...idk, its like something thats not good lol
you should always listen to your conscience...thats what keeps you from being a player...
if i didnt listen to mine, i would have cheated with the 5 or so girls that have tried to get at me while ive been with my girl...i would be like ah no one will know, or who cares, or its just a one time deal, nah, i need my conscience, it makes me be a good boy and avoid getting into any type of "more then friend" type thing with girls...i actually barely talk to girls, only if they talk to me first..

I'm so similar to a player except I don't play... if you know what I mean. like I have all the characteristics of it but I don't do it.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Don't.

10heartbreak.

Seriously, I'm not telling her my feelings considering that she kinda just dumped us (who she used to hang with) as friends.

Her new line is 'Betta life'... *sighs*

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
pretend to believe in love? man just cuz you havent found it doesnt mean it doesnt exist. if other people have it what makes you think you cant? its crazy that people think love doesnt exist and stuff
I meant it the way a person might say to someone: "I believe in you." That statement doesn't mean, "I believe that you exist." It means: "I believe that you are capable." Or something.

So I'm not saying love doesn't exist. I'm just saying that I don't depend on it for happiness.

But that's just me. People find happines in different ways. Like I said, I'm old and jaded. *shrug*

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
I meant it the way a person might say to someone: "I believe in you." That statement doesn't mean, "I believe that you exist." It means: "I believe that you are capable." Or something.

So I'm not saying love doesn't exist. I'm just saying that I don't depend on it for happiness.

But that's just me. People find happines in different ways. Like I said, I'm old and jaded. *shrug*
im know you can find happiness in different ways, but being happy in love is easily the best...

im thinking about it, and well even tho love brings you a few troubles, the happy overshadows all that...and i know i wouldnt ever want to be without this love...its something you gotta hold on too..im sure youve been in love before and have been happy from it, m sure its better then whatever is making you happy now..

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
I asked this girl who sits next to me out today, and she said yes. It was a bit risky, because if I break up with her, sitting next to her will become increasingly awkward.
Platinum rule, silly.

Don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever love your neighbor. Bad idea.

Watch how i met your mother. It explains. or youtube.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
im know you can find happiness in different ways, but being happy in love is easily the best...

im thinking about it, and well even tho love brings you a few troubles, the happy overshadows all that...and i know i wouldnt ever want to be without this love...its something you gotta hold on too..im sure youve been in love before and have been happy from it, m sure its better then whatever is making you happy now..
I won't deny that I was EXTREMELY happy when I was in "love" with my ex-girlfriend. However, it was really...a blissful ignorance. For one thing, I thought I loved her and I really didn't. For another, due to said "love" I was certain I was going to marry her, and...that obviously didn't happen. I'm extremely glad for that relationship because it taught me a lot about relationships in general, but it still wasn't the best thing ever. Eventually I broke up with her because I just wasn't ready for things to be moving as fast as they were and I realized as a result that I just wasn't ready for a relationship at all...I mean, relationships can be very stressful and draining. If you're with the right person, then it won't be, but the right person is very hard to find. One of my friends was in a relationship a few years ago with a guy who was sort of possessive and emo...I think it was sort of because he cared, but it didn't make it any less stressful. He got upset whenever she couldn't spend time with him at least once a week, didn't like her even getting near other guys (whilst hanging out with a girl whom, he had told her a while before they started going out, he used to like), or even spending too much time with her friends, etc.

I may just be bitter from my relationship, but I still think, not to put too fine a point to it, that relationships are highly overrated for the most part, at least in the earlier years of your life.

Watch how i met your mother.
Haha, yes.

Top Bottom