• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being In Love/Advice

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
QFT

Also, JonaDiaper my compliments on making this thread. Not only is it a subject serious enough for people to not spam the topic, but you've stirred up a good bit of SWF with it as well.

Epic.
lol yeah, thanks, i never thought it would go like it did.

pretty awesome if u ask me.

lotsa details coulda been in here but i tend to stay brief. I can still tell she likes me

Is it too late?
if she likes you how could it be too late?

come on man, let her know you like her now.

go for it

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
i really dont think it could be to late since he says she still likes him.

what kind of girl would like a guy and then not go out with him

if he asked her out? makes no sence. just dont be a wuss and ask her out soon as

you can. sooner=better

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
Well obviously if she still likes him yea but over time she might get tired of waiting and or talk to other people etc. so yeah the sooner the better lol and obviously man up and do it

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
wow 3 years

bro thats crazy

i would suggest looking at it in other ways.

like are you in love with this girl cuz of looks?

or do you know her well enough to know you guys would be awesome together?

if you know her well enough, then you should think about it this way.

if she has been with kid for 3 years, i doubt she would leave all that for you.

i dont mean to discourage you, but these things happen when 2 guys are in love with 1 girl.

the guy to get to her first and keep her is the winner obviously.

loser has to move on. im not telling you to give up, but i would consider looking somewhere else.

i dont think even i could wait for 3 years. you must be really dedicated.

all you can do is wait. dont try to purposely destroy their relationship

cuz thats just not cool. but if you really do think you have a chance, and your willing to wait,

then thats all you can do. wait.

if not, go look somewhere else. many times a guy looks at a girl and think shes the best one when in

reality there is a better match for him. except for in my case. i know i got the right girl.

but yea man

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
Either:

A. Try to get over the girl.

B. Just keep talking to everyone normally, and see how their relation moves on. If it goes downwards, don't try to STEAL the girl, just keep talking to her.

-SonicBoom2

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Well, just chill out and wait. Of course, I'm a bit too patient.

Or get over it but that's gonna be hard.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
:laugh: My bad... I must've written that badly. They've only been together for a year. I've known her for a little over 3 years, and I've been in love the entire time...
oh, but either way its a year man. i dont know, im pretty 100%

sure my girlfriend wouldnt leave me for anyone at all.

we've been together for a year now. but i guess if you feel the wait

is worth it, then wait. if not then your gonna have to look

somewhere else.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
:laugh: My bad... I must've written that badly. They've only been together for a year. I've known her for a little over 3 years, and I've been in love the entire time...
Wow blaze, that must be rough on you huh? I don't know what to say. It's not all tha teasy to get over someone just like that. Some people always tell you "oh just get over her." I guess they don't realize that it isn't very simple. It's not like you can just press a button and automatically get over someone.

As for me...the girl that I think I'm beginning to like, my feelings for her are seemingly getting stronger and stronger every day, one bit at a time. It's not full blown love or even a huge crush just yet, but I do find myself thinking about her more often than not. I feel like eventually it will become a big crush or maybe love or something like that. It's kinda hard to tell at the moment.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
It's not like you can just press a button and automatically get over someone.
Tell me about it...:(
As for me...the girl that I think I'm beginning to like, my feelings for her are seemingly getting stronger and stronger every day, one bit at a time. It's not full blown love or even a huge crush just yet, but I do find myself thinking about her more often than not. I feel like eventually it will become a big crush or maybe love or something like that. It's kinda hard to tell at the moment.
What's attracting you to her?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh how nice love would be if I had it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Thats more like tough love. Wouldn't want that kind. xD

viparagon

Smash Ace
Im almost 16, but Im physically immature (still dont shave) and thus feel uncomfortable. I constantly get "he's so cute" at my hs, but they mean like as a kid... I dont feel like I can approach girls my age:(

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Tell me about it...:(

What's attracting you to her?
Heh, it's kinda hard to explain. She's really cute which is nice, but the fact that she's super sweet and nice really makes me like her I think. Basically, it's her personality. Of course her personality is a lot more than just "sweet and nice" and I like her for a lot more things than just that.

I'm not going to lie and say that looks mean absolutely nothing to me. They do, but of course everyone has different opinions when it comes to looks. But I feel like personality means a lot more to me. And it's a lot easier for me to not like someone based on their personality traits than it is based on their appearance. I guess I hold personality to a much higher standard.

With that being said, I like everything about her.

Unfortunately she apparently has a boyfriend lol.

Although recently I had dinner with a female friend of mine (I already had dinner when she called me up but I went just to keep her company anyways). During our conversation she asked me about girlfriends and stuff. Eventually she said something about not looking for love, and that it will come to you eventually. It really made me think about things differently I guess. I'm just hoping that things will work out for me one day, with regards to girls and such.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Heh, it's kinda hard to explain. She's really cute which is nice, but the fact that she's super sweet and nice really makes me like her I think. Basically, it's her personality. Of course her personality is a lot more than just "sweet and nice" and I like her for a lot more things than just that.

I'm not going to lie and say that looks mean absolutely nothing to me. They do, but of course everyone has different opinions when it comes to looks. But I feel like personality means a lot more to me. And it's a lot easier for me to not like someone based on their personality traits than it is based on their appearance. I guess I hold personality to a much higher standard.

With that being said, I like everything about her.

Unfortunately she apparently has a boyfriend lol.

Although recently I had dinner with a female friend of mine (I already had dinner when she called me up but I went just to keep her company anyways). During our conversation she asked me about girlfriends and stuff. Eventually she said something about not looking for love, and that it will come to you eventually. It really made me think about things differently I guess. I'm just hoping that things will work out for me one day, with regards to girls and such.
Am I supposed to know why I like a girl?
I guess she's cute and almost always happy. I like her smile I guess. And she's somewhat different from all the other girls like the way she dresses.

I just ****ing missed a chance to tell her I like her!!!!!
It was the day before the Thanksgiving break started!!! It was almost perfect!!!
Why do I use so many exclamation marks!!!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sometimes you have to let the past go. Unless there is something you can do about it.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I guess she's cute and almost always happy. I like her smile I guess. And she's somewhat different from all the other girls like the way she dresses.

It was the day before the Thanksgiving break started!!! It was almost perfect!!!
If you have no idea why you're doing something,
There is no reason to keep on doing it.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord

Sometimes you can never really pinpoint why you like a girl. You just do I guess lol.

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
I'm going to sorta bump this since I generally liked all of the pages of discussion. Sadly, I don't have much to contribute unless I told of past experiences with gals (if it was 'love' or not doesn't really matter.) There are four major ones that I could go over and even put it easy to read chronological order. There's quite a bit to each one, though, and they're all better summed up by just saying "I've never been in a relationship."

My friends say that's sad since I'm a nice guy and not a 'nice guy.' Never hated any of the gals after they said no and I'm best friends with one of them and good friends with another. The only one that ended sourly was the most recent one and that's because she ended up being very nasty. While it has been months since then, I'm still a bit uneasy about trying again since the last one ended (can I even rightfully say that?) so horribly that it makes me question my judge of character in the gals I like.

In the end, I guess it helps that my closest friend out here in PA (The four ones in the past happened in NV) is female since it's actually been slowing letting me 'trust' gals again.

And hey, if you all want long walls of text to read, I'll gladly write up my past tries and all that.

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
Since I feel like procrastinating on some work, I'll type out about the first gal. It might not be too long, but we'll see.

Before my first year of High School actually began, I vowed to better myself and to not be so cowardly to gals and to actually try with them. That wasn't so bad because I am quite the joker and pretty cool under some social pressure despite my shyness. I still had my weight to worry about, but I figured I'd work on that alongside working on getting a gal. Needless to say, eventually during my Freshman year I became totally infatuated with a gal in one of my classes. She was very smart, incredibly more sarcastic than I ever was, a bit of a recluse in that she just didn't care for conversations, and just beautiful to me (but that's probably a given.)

The only problem was little old me couldn't quite work up enough courage to hold conversations with her. I could always get enough courage if I cut in and joined a conversation she had with someone else, but that was it the first year. Nothing special, just trying to talk with her.

Second year I got a bit more drastic and bold for reasons I'm still not sure of. I started to try and talk with her before first period began and all that. It seemed to be alright, but I knew I was going nowhere. This is where I messed up since I decided that before Winter Break I'd tell her how I felt. Through sheer force of will, I found out what lunch she had and ended up telling her somewhat how I felt.

Trust was that I didn't quite care if I was with her or not. I could settle for being friends. So what should have been a confession ended up being a bit less, though looking back I definitely know that the confession nature of it got through.

Luckily enough after the break, nothing really changed. Rather, nothing really changed for the worse. I started hanging out with her and her friends at lunch, yet I still never really talked with her all that much since I was still a bit afraid. Either way, I made plans for doing something on V-Day. Since by that time I knew that she didn't really like normal present and all, I decided to get her a book since she read a lot. Only I'd write on the inside cover and finally elaborate what I couldn't in December. I gave it to her and she mistook it for me letting her borrow it. I gave it to her again two days later and told her to keep it.

Months go on and we stay the same as we always were; nothing, really. I don't know if you'd quite call us friends, but hey if we were that's cool. Anyway, by the time Junior year came around, I decided to change up my approach a little. I'd fight fire with fire and be as sarcastic with my jokes with her as I possibly could. It was a battle of wits, you could say. It went on like that and then finally some months later I asked her out. She said no and it took a bit to get over.

The story is not over, though. Finally near the end of Senior year I have her sign my yearbook and she writes, "My turn to write in a book for you. 'Fraid I have less to say, though."

I'll be ****ed if that didn't feel like the best closure I'd ever gotten.

So pretty much three years for the first one. I still felt remnants of my feelings/whatnot even in Senior year. She was perhaps the single most true one, though. Then again that might be nostalgia because she was the first try, but I got down a good list of what I liked about her and everything. Anyway, the second and third one can probably be combined in a single post that I'll save for tomorrow or so.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
OMG! The weekend is over!! Finally, all I could think about was that girl! I was reading a book and the main character in the book had the same initial as hers!
I'm going crazy. I need to put an end to this.

Wow, Da Shuffla, you've never been in love? Maybe you're a robot.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the thread was dying. There was a thread similar to this but I killed it.

I dunno. What I found out was that talking and thinking over and over again doesn't help me.

Except getting me 200 posts!!!!

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I mean, I think about what to say but when I get near her, just can't do it.

Top Bottom