• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being In Love/Advice

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
Not entirely true. When you get saved, you get saved for good. If you profess it with your mouth and mean it in your heart, Jesus washes your sin away forever. At least, that's what John 3:16 says to me. Now, mind you, this is no excuse to do all the horrible things in the world...
so you think anyone can accept Jesus, be saved and thats it?

i know that there is more to it. everytime you do something you know is

wrong you feel that thing inside you telling you what you did is wrong.

and you feel that if God were to come in that instant you would go with him.

i believe you have to keep your salvation. it doesnt just stay attached to you.

you have to earn it. each and everyday. thats what i have learned.

but anyways, if u wanna talk about this more, pm me and we can talk

about this, i like these conversations.

oh yea, AIDS, not cool to pass.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Girls don't like *******, unless they are gay, they like MEN. Now grow a pair and ask her out.
Correct sir. Better to have loved and lost and all that. Just walk up to her in the hallway and ask her out to something not so serious.

Binx

Smash Master
Girls don't like *******, unless they are gay, they like MEN. Now grow a pair and ask her out.
I support this.

Also I'm pretty sure the AIDs comment was a joke, if not then when you tell them is up to you, or you could go to town in africa without worrying ;)

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
That was Tennyson :(

If we are the sum of our experience, then new experience can only make us greater.
wuttt for reals? lol my life is a LIE

but if i tell them about the AIDS, they won't have sex with me
yo for real if your trying to make fun of us or anything, just get out

it really isnt funny. this is a serious thing here.

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
If it were me that had aids i would do it like in the commercial and say like all the bad side effects in less than a mili second.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
but if i tell them about the AIDS, they won't have sex with me
Whether you're serious or not...

Don't be selfish. Realize that if you do have sex with them without telling them that you have AIDS, you're going to afffect someone else's life in a huge way.

So what if they don't have sex with you. Big ****ing deal. Find someone else with AIDS and do it with them.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
wait what? im confused now..... about love. lol
So is everyone lol.

Back on topic:

I don't know what to think right now. Over the summer, and during a bit of the school year, I liked this one girl. I've started to get over her eventually. There's another girl that I think I might start to like soon. I wouldn't say I like her now, but I feel like I'm thinking about her more often. But the thing is, I'm still not 100% over the other girl.

It's kind of confusing. In the event that both girls liked me, I would have no idea who to go with to be honest. That's what I mean by this "confusion"

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
the one you think about more should be the obvious answer. imo
Yeah I think you're right, and so is the above poster.

I'm not saying they like me, I don't know if they do. I'm friends with both of them, and have been since my freshman year of college (I'm a soph now)

Actually, funny thing is...the girl I think I'm starting to like...my friends said that we'd make a great couple. Why? Well, a bunch of people went to her birthday dinner a week ago, myself included. And I sat next to her and of course there were pictures taken, and when my friends saw the picture of us next to each other, they made that comment.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
You should definately figure this part out before you jump to any conclusions...

jus sayin'
Yeah I know. I probably wouldn't ask someone out unless I had evidence that she might like me too, to be honest. I guess I'm not much of a risk taker like some people are.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yeah I know. I probably wouldn't ask someone out unless I had evidence that she might like me too, to be honest. I guess I'm not much of a risk taker like some people are.
Same, I don't really risk putting myself out there to ask someone I like. I usually let them make the first move, because I'm shy, and I don't really do well in relationships. I'm scared of hurting them if I do wrong things that will end the relationship. And I know if I don't go in a relationship with them, I can't hurt them :).

Edit: Please note that this is my opinion, and I'm interested to here what others have to say :).

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Same, I don't really risk putting myself out there to ask someone I like. I usually let them make the first move, because I'm shy, and I don't really do well in relationships. I'm scared of hurting them if I do wrong things that will end the relationship. And I know if I don't go in a relationship with them, I can't hurt them :).

Edit: Please note that this is my opinion, and I'm interested to here what others have to say :).
I kind of feel like that as well. I am kinda shy when it comes to girls that I like. Not really shy when it comes to girls in general though. I mean, I have tons of female friends and I don't have a problem talking or hanging out with them. It's the ones I like that make me kinda nervous around them.

As for not asking girls out, I don't know. I am kinda scared of the rejection so I guess that's why I wait until I know they might like me as well. I am also scared of doing something stupid or not being a good boyfriend.

I mean, all my female friends have told me that I'm such a nice guy, and a lot of them think that I'd make a good boyfriend to whomever I end up with. But I guess the thing is, I've never been in a relationship before, so I can't know how to handle certain things. I'm not like one of those guys who will pressure the girl into doing anything she doesn't want to. I'm not like that at all. In fact I'd rather hug and cuddle all the time and not much else physical. But I just guess I'm scared that I'll fail at other things, like being there for her when she needs it, knowing how to take care of her, or whatever.

If only I were as pro at relationships as I was at gaming...

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh: You and me both.

I never really lasted long in a relationship 2 days (yes days :p) was my longest, and I didn't do nothing in the relationship since I felt embarassed just holding hands. I'm scared of not being a good 'boyfriend' as well. And well, I like being single because I can kinda play video games all I want, hang out with my friends as long as I want, and more time to myself kinda thing. But I do admit after a while, you wonder what it's like being in a relationship.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
:laugh: You and me both.

I never really lasted long in a relationship 2 days (yes days :p) was my longest, and I didn't do nothing in the relationship since I felt embarassed just holding hands. I'm scared of not being a good 'boyfriend' as well. And well, I like being single because I can kinda play video games all I want, hang out with my friends as long as I want, and more time to myself kinda thing. But I do admit after a while, you wonder what it's like being in a relationship.
Yeah, it's nice to know that there's other people who feel similar to the way I do haha.

I don't know, some people I know are pretty surprised when I tell them I've never had a girlfriend before to be honest. But I guess I'm just waiting for the right girl to come along. I'd rather not get into a lot of relationships that don't "mean much" to me. I'd rather find someone I really care about who really loves me as well. If my first girlfriend becomes the girl I spend my entire life with, so be it. Sometimes I feel like I'd rather have things that way.

Matt07

Smash Master
:laugh: That's true. Although I usually here you have to put yourself out there sometimes to find the right one. Why is it the girl can never ask the guy out :p.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
:laugh: That's true. Although I usually here you have to put yourself out there sometimes to find the right one. Why is it the girl can never ask the guy out :p.
Sometimes I wish it were that easy hahaha.

Actually, I remember playing Harvest Moon one time. I married a girl after giving her 10 carrots. I wish things were THAT easy.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
well, a girl asked me out once but I liked the other girl. Then, I start to regret that I rejected her. But I got over it quick.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
well, a girl asked me out once but I liked the other girl. Then, I start to regret that I rejected her. But I got over it quick.
Girls have told me they liked me, but never actually bothered to ask me out.

I wish guys and girls would be more straightforward with each other.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I kind of feel like that as well. I am kinda shy when it comes to girls that I like. Not really shy when it comes to girls in general though. I mean, I have tons of female friends and I don't have a problem talking or hanging out with them. It's the ones I like that make me kinda nervous around them.

As for not asking girls out, I don't know. I am kinda scared of the rejection so I guess that's why I wait until I know they might like me as well. I am also scared of doing something stupid or not being a good boyfriend.

I mean, all my female friends have told me that I'm such a nice guy, and a lot of them think that I'd make a good boyfriend to whomever I end up with. But I guess the thing is, I've never been in a relationship before, so I can't know how to handle certain things. I'm not like one of those guys who will pressure the girl into doing anything she doesn't want to. I'm not like that at all. In fact I'd rather hug and cuddle all the time and not much else physical. But I just guess I'm scared that I'll fail at other things, like being there for her when she needs it, knowing how to take care of her, or whatever.

If only I were as pro at relationships as I was at gaming...
I see a lot of people like this. If it helps, I'm a pro at starting relationships. I know just what to say and do and how to say and do it to make a girl move from thinking about whether she likes you to a clear definite. Can't say this is going to get you who you're destined to be with or whatever, but I know romance backward and forward.

My only problem is finding my match. It's not that I can't get a girl to like me, I just haven't found a girl I like for so long x_x;; But I haven't lost a bit of my knowledge. So, if you want specific help, PM me.

I mean that seriously. I'm not proud of this--but I've had A LOT of girlfriends. And we weren't physical together either (most of them, anyway). I just knew how they worked emotionally and could quickly win their hearts over.

But I won't offer help if someone's just trying to get in a girl's pants. You need to really like this girl and the door needs to be open for her liking you for this to work. I'm no miracle worker, but I know how to make the best of opportunity when it happens. Opening a door that's not already open is a completely different matter in itself and depends completely on the girl. That's something I -can- offer advice about, but choose not to. It's just too complicated on that level.

I've changed a lot since I've become a Christian. I no longer use my knowledge of girls to start relationships. I'm looking for the right girl for me at the moment. I've dated so many girls and don't want to just go through relationships. I want the next girlfriend I have to become my wife, so I'm making sure I really like the next girl I like. So, basically, I no longer put my skills to use (I will after I start dating the girl, but before then I want the girl to like me for me).

But I still have those skills. So if someone wants to ask me specifically for help, PM me. I know a lot about how girls work and know how to get a girl's heart to leap.

Anyway, sorry if I'm starting to look like an online matchmaker right about now. Not trying to do that. I just know a whole lot of great guys that girls look past and I'm sick of it. They always go for the guys who won't really love them and take care of them. So I'm willing to help the guys who get looked over, because I know that they're the ones that will really care for the girl.

Edit: I actually recently met a girl who thinks it's really cool that I play Melee competitively XD I was just saying to my roommate the other day that I'd marry the first girl that found that cool. Not sure if it'll work out with that girl. Don't know if I like her. She's really cool, but I just don't know yet. Just thought it was a funny circumstance. Didn't think I'd EVER find a girl that would think that's cool. Because most of the people I know are Christians, no girl is going to think I'm a nerd for playing Melee, but I didn't think anyone would actually think it's cool XD Anyway, I'm a good writer, so it sort of covers over my more nerdy habits. Girls love a guy who's good with his words.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I see a lot of people like this. If it helps, I'm a pro at starting relationships. I know just what to say and do and how to say and do it to make a girl move from thinking about whether she likes you to a clear definite. Can't say this is going to get you who you're destined to be with or whatever, but I know romance backward and forward.

My only problem is finding my match. It's not that I can't get a girl to like me, I just haven't found a girl I like for so long x_x;; But I haven't lost a bit of my knowledge. So, if you want specific help, PM me.

I mean that seriously. I'm not proud of this--but I've had A LOT of girlfriends. And we weren't physical together either (most of them, anyway). I just knew how they worked emotionally and could quickly win their hearts over.

But I won't offer help if someone's just trying to get in a girl's pants. You need to really like this girl and the door needs to be open for her liking you for this to work. I'm no miracle worker, but I know how to make the best of opportunity when it happens. Opening a door that's not already open is a completely different matter in itself and depends completely on the girl. That's something I -can- offer advice about, but choose not to. It's just too complicated on that level.

I've changed a lot since I've become a Christian. I no longer use my knowledge of girls to start relationships. I'm looking for the right girl for me at the moment. I've dated so many girls and don't want to just go through relationships. I want the next girlfriend I have to become my wife, so I'm making sure I really like the next girl I like. So, basically, I no longer put my skills to use (I will after I start dating the girl, but before then I want the girl to like me for me).

But I still have those skills. So if someone wants to ask me specifically for help, PM me. I know a lot about how girls work and know how to get a girl's heart to leap.

Anyway, sorry if I'm starting to look like an online matchmaker right about now. Not trying to do that. I just know a whole lot of great guys that girls look past and I'm sick of it. They always go for the guys who won't really love them and take care of them. So I'm willing to help the guys who get looked over, because I know that they're the ones that will really care for the girl.

Edit: I actually recently met a girl who thinks it's really cool that I play Melee competitively XD I was just saying to my roommate the other day that I'd marry the first girl that found that cool. Not sure if it'll work out with that girl. Don't know if I like her. She's really cool, but I just don't know yet. Just thought it was a funny circumstance. Didn't think I'd EVER find a girl that would think that's cool. Because most of the people I know are Christians, no girl is going to think I'm a nerd for playing Melee, but I didn't think anyone would actually think it's cool XD Anyway, I'm a good writer, so it sort of covers over my more nerdy habits. Girls love a guy who's good with his words.
Thanks a lot man. And no I've never wanted to get in a girl's pants. I'm all about long relationships and stuff. I think it's hard for me to find a girl to like as well. I mean, I have in the past, but its difficult, and I feel like when I do find someone, she's pretty much one in a million. I've had "crushes or something more than a crush" on 6 girls in the past. However, looking back, I think only 1 or 2 would fit the description of the type of person I'd like to end up with.

Even if I get past finding the right girl, I have difficulty initiating a closer friendship. I don't want to come off as too aggressive, but I also don't want to be a distant friend.

In due time I guess I'll know who my heart is set on. Maybe I'll come looking for advice then =P

Top Bottom