• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Being In Love/Advice

ss118

Smash Master
and?
You show her how much you care about her and prove to her that your willing to change for her. Prove that love endures all trials and that you want to see it to the end.

Noman

Smash Cadet
Alright, *cracks knuckles* where to begin?

We were in the same chem class. We then got randomly put into the same lab table, and so we were next to each other pretty much every day for the whole semester. I've never been very good around girls, so I just didn't want to make an *** out of myself around this girl I had a lot of respect for.

But something weird happened, unlike every girl in the past, she was easy to talk to. We didn't talk about anything deep, just small-talk, but it was so easy. Throughout the semester, we became closer, I'm very good at science and math stuff so I was able to help her whenever she needed help, and she was so nice to me, always saying hi to me in the hallway, and our conversations in class grew even more intimate with time.

So now here we are at the end of the semester, our relationship really blossoming and what do I learn? Her schedule got switched so she was in a different Chemistry class. D ;

Second semester was still OK though, I found the best ways to get to class so I could see her in the hall (creeper right? :p)and we'd always say hi, and occasionally engage in some small-talk.

Fortunately we found ourselves in the same activity. The group met twice a week, so I got a lot of time together with her, and things were going well. We had a lot of overnight trips where we got even closer. Eventually we held a competition at our school where we spent the majority of the weekend at school, staying there until 2 AM on Saturday. This whole night we were together talking about random stuff, getting closer and closer, she drove me home that night and I felt like I was on top of the world, I knew that soon enough I would be able to make my move.

Now, our exchange of his in the hallway were extended to hugs, but then something I hadn't thought of happened. She got a boyfriend.

I felt like I had been stabbed in the back, I thought we were progressing our way towards a relationship, and then bam I get slapped across the face. I still don't know if she is just a flirt, was toying with me, or was tired of waiting for me, either, I was heartbroken.

But even still, I can't get her out of my head, our activities intertwine so tightly that I see her all the time, she sings the national anthem at football games that I am in the pepband for, and now again, showchoir is starting. I have so much respect for her as a person and I feel so different about her, when I think about what I want our relationship to be, I don't picture making out and stuff like I would with other girls I had crushes on, instead I just picture us hanging out at Chilis or something, just talking about stuff.

I know at 16 I probably don't know much about love, but I figure the only way to learn is to fail, and I really think I'm in love with her.

So now I am waiting, in some sense I don't really mind, because I would wait forever for her, but on the other hand I feel like time is running out, she is a senior now and will be leaving for college next year. I hardly even know her boyfriend and I don't want to mess up their relationship, but I don't want to lose her, and I don't know what to do.

=(

IC3R

Smash Lord
Sometimes you can never really pinpoint why you like a girl. You just do I guess lol.
Quoted for truth...

During our first month together, my girlfriend had frequently asked me why I like her so much, and this was my response:

"Uh...I...really don't know...I just do..."
"You can't think of anything?"
"Well, if I found a reason I like you, would it still be an unconditional love?"
"Maybe..."
"Regardless, I'm sure I'll figure something out..."

As of three weeks ago:

"So did you figure it out?"
"Maybe. I think the reason I'm so drawn to you is that I believe you were actually designed for me, because you're goofy enough to keep me in play, and you can be serious to keep me in check..."
"That's sounds cool..."
"Hehe...I guess..." >_^;

That may have provided a reason (or theory) as to why I'm so attracted to her (not that she isn't pretty ^-^), but I just know that it's love that I have for her...

The reason I say that is that I used to think I was "in love" with some other girl, but this is like...two or three years back...

But that's a story for another day...

EDIT: Actually with Noman's post floating up there, I think just might share...

Three years ago, I was good friends with this guy and a girl. We associated with a certain group in which we all had similar interests, such as The Nightmare Before Christmas. Well, even though we weren't big troublemakers, we began calling ourselves Lock, Shock, and Barrel. I was Barrel, and I will be using Lock (guy) and Shock (girl) instead of my friends' real names.

Well, things were all candy canes and sugar plums with our lives, we had nothing to worry about except maybe each other, and even then we hardly worried. All three of us we pretty close to each other, like brothers and a sister, and we never wanted that to change. We could've been amici in aeternum ('friends in eternity')Drawing to the end of our sophmore year, when we had come across a dilemma that we had never encountered before: Shock had acquired a boyfriend...

Not just some guy, but an overpossessive, overprotective, manipulative *******!
To prove this, I shall quote him: "She's my girlfriend. I can mold her and shape her into anything I wish."

I was absolutely appalled at his arrogance. I wish I could've punched him through the phone...I was more pissed off than I can ever remember...

But before that, the summer vacation was fine, we were getting along, when all of a sudden, around mid-August, I get a phone call from her, thinking 'Yay, Shock is calling! Haven't talked to her in a bit.'

"Hello?"
"Hey, don't talk to me anymore, okay?
"Wait...WHAT?!"
Then he had the nerve to say "If I were you, I'd kill myself!"
"Goodbye..."
"No, WAIT!!"
*click*

I felt so many negative emotions...anger...sorrow...fear...hatred...confusion...all swirling around inside of me at once. I could hardly get to sleep that night...

The next day, I went to school with an unusual aura around me, but no one really asked why, as we don't delve into each other's personal lives. However, I had asked several folks in the group, including Lock, if they had gotten a phone call from Shock yesterday. Everyone replied "No, why?"

And so, I told them why...

My anger was brought out in all of them...Being an enemy of mine is like being an enemy of twenty-something psychopaths (though my friends aren't nearly that crazy >_>)...I remember one of us actually going to hunt him down that morning! But with as much sympathy I was getting, something still bothered me: why was I the only she called?

After several monthes of depression (which is terrible, as I am almost never sad), I finally came up with an answer: maybe it's because I can split them up? Shock's boyfriend is almost afraid of me taking away his girl! As much as I would've loved to, I have too much respect for her and went by wishes, and left it alone. I could've sworn I was in love with her (though I know now, I wanted to be with her forever, but like siblings)...

We would notice each other as we walked by, but it sicked me to see Shock on his arm, and practically wrapped around his finger. She would mouthe "Hi," and I would wink to acknowledge that. As much as I hate the guy, he was somehow making her happy, because she was still smiling while she was with him. And so I left it alone...

Two more years pass, and with me calling on every special day (Christmas, 4th of July, her birthday), I get no response until January 14, 2008, at approximately 8:42 pm, when I had received a phone call from......

My mother:

"Hey, Shock just called the house. She's looking for you for some reason."
"Wait, SERIOUSLY?!"
"Yeah. You think maybe she broke up with that guy?"
"Doubt it, but I planned on calling her today anyway. It's her birthday, y'know?"
"Alright, well let me know how it goes. Work hard!"
"Okay. Bye."
*click*

I was working at the time, so I had to wait until my break to call Shock back:

"Hello?"
"Shock? You doing okay?"
"Yeah. Look, there's something I've been wanting to say for a long time now..."
"Really? What?" (the suspense!)
"I..."
"You?"
"I miss my friends..." (zomg no wai!)
"Yeah, we really miss you too, Shock..."
"Listen. I've been thinking a while now, and I've realized, you're the only real friend I have right now..."
"Really? Why's that?"
"You didn't blow up on me like everybody else, and you leave me messages even though you know I won't answer the phone."
"Just being nice, y'know?"
"Barrel, I'd say you're my best friend."
"Hehe, thanks. You don't know how good it feels to hear your voice again."
"You feel like talking? What's been going on in your life?"
"Not much, just-"
"Crap, he's on the other line. I'm gonna have to let you go...Sorry."
"It's okay. But before you go..."
"What?"
"Happy Birthday..."
"Thanks. See you around."
"See ya..."
*click*

So there you have it, another story of mine for your viewing pleasure...
Maybe you can see why I thought I was in love with Shock. Really, I just wanted my sister back...We all wanted her back.....

As of her whereabouts today? Not too sure. I know that she's moved out of her home (whether the moved in with her boyfriend or not is still a mystery to me), and she's going into the Air Force, I believe...But other than that, not a clue...

But, I wouldn't trade the girl I have now for anything. I know who I belong with now, and I'm going to make it happen...(and I told her the same story, so I'm not hiding anything from her)...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You know what else I've noticed? I think there may have only been 2 girls maximum in this thread...

It's been a total sausage-fest here o_0;

lolololololol

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
What are all these girl johns doing here...
lolololol "Guiz who g3t gurlfrends r @sshol3z!"
"So I stalk her all the time and write love letters and tell her how beautiful she is, even though she doesn't even know me. I don't get what's wrong!"
"She broke up with me because I always stare at her ****. Now I'm feeling sorrow, loneliness, depression... /wrists"

IC3R

Smash Lord
"So I stalk her all the time and write love letters and tell her how beautiful she is, even though she doesn't even know me. I don't get what's wrong!"
"She broke up with me because I always stare at her ****. Now I'm feeling sorrow, loneliness, depression... /wrists"
10retards.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
10retards.
10agrees
I really appreciate you making this thread
Don't you have a story to tell..?

LinkStrifeLeonhart

Smash Cadet
I guess I can post about the second gal now even though it's short.

During the time in Junior year when I first started trying to get over the first gal, I was talking with this other gal and interacting a lot with her. She was within my group of friends and she had this killer smile. After several months I figure out I like her company a lot and with to try to get into a relationship. In my mind it seemed like it would work since unlike the first try, there was a lot of interaction between the two of us.

But first, I decide to talk with a mutual friend. According to him, another person we knew also liked her. This was bad since the other guy only really wanted to get laid. Further worse still is that she showed some interest in him, but I wouldn't take that lying down. So I plan a huge thing for Christmas, but it didn't turn out as big as I thought it would be. I give her the gift in front of all our friends and they are all shocked and stuff since they mostly think I'm still pinning for gal #1. She didn't seem to impressed with the gift, a small end necklace, but she wore it for that day. Like an idiot, I left that as it for that day.

Then at the end of that week, I ask her to be my girlfriend and she declines. And then she stops talking with me.

...Since I'm feeling really into this right now, I'll post about the third gal.

After winter break, I started paying more attention with my friends and all that. I figured that I would help them with their problems, relationship wise or not, instead of focusing on about the only one I had. So with that, I start joining in really making fun of one of our friends, who ends up becoming the third gal. We ended up becoming pretty close friends, talking a lot at school and on the bus and IMing each other a lot. One day I make this thing for her since she asked for one, and I sorta fumbled up talking while giving it to her. At this time I still didn't think of her as... gal #3, shall we say.

But the passing months had that change, really. We still talked a great deal, even more than before. I held a part during Spring Break and at the end only the two of us were left for a bit while she waited for her father to pick her up. It was a little bit before then that I realize that I have some feelings for her. I try to fight it, or whatever you wish to call it, since due to the past two gals I automatically assumed it would go nowhere.

But hey, life is crazy. One day another guy came up during lunch and gave her a flower. Nothing like this had ever happened to a gal I liked before. I was shocked. I was angry at myself. I had to leave the table and go be by myself for the rest of lunch. As luck would have it, she IMed me later to ask what was wrong, so I told her the truth. The only problem was that I did so in such a way that worded it as if I had already lost. I said that I didn't want this to stop our friendship and all that.

We really didn't talk a whole lot for a bit afterward. After a while both of us got over it and became really good friends once again. Currently, we could even be said to be best friends. So one night when I'm beating myself up over how horrible the whole situation with gal #4 was, she revealed to me that she actually did like me during that time. She said that the one day when I fumbled up a bit giving her the thing I made kicked it off for her, which explained the great increase in talking. The whole kicker is that it was how I told her about it all that led her to believe that I didn't want a relationship and only wanted to stay friends (which is actually a bit sketchy to my mind.) But... hey, she's currently in a great relationship with one of our mutual friends so it all works out.

Gal #4 deserves her own post so I'll save that for some other time. It's... really bad since she was horrible to me for no real reason.

c-1

Smash Cadet
There is this girl in one of my classes who I talked to pretty much everyday this semester and just the other day I asked her for her number and she gave it to me. then later that day I texted her before I got home and she never answered. and now today I texted her again and she didn't answer. I would have called instead but I don't know if she has classes today or not. should I just leave her alone and call her this weekend?

c-1

Smash Cadet
yesterday I did call her, but she didn't answer. So I left a message. I kinda expected her to call back,
but she hasn't called back yet. yay for me...

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
yea dont be like all freaked out cuz then shes gonna think your attached and your not even going out, know what im saying?

then when you talk to her tell her your going to call her at a specific time and day, and tell her she better answer, jokingly of course.

c-1

Smash Cadet
I meant to talk to her today but it was a Final exam day. Normally we hung out an hour before class and awhile after class, but today I didn't make it to class on time(15 min late) and she wasn't there. She showed up about 40 mins late and left 30 mins later(before I finished...I suck at writing essays) By the time I was done she already drove off(I was hoping to catch her before she left). this was probably the last day I will see her because she may not have classes on the same days as me, or better yet on the same campus as me. I suck at this whole dating thing anyway, maybe it would be better for her if we don't meet again. oh well, ignore that, I'm just being emo.

edit: I called her again, no answer.:ohwell:

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Update: So I guess since the last time I posted on this thread, I've started to like that girl more and more. I mean just a couple of months ago, I figured that she was the type of girl who, if she liked me and wanted to go out with me, I wouldn't mind it. I might not have necessarily "liked" her at that time, but I could see myself happy with her back then.

Now...I think it's full blown. I really do like her. I think about her all the time and lose sleep over her. I really regret not asking her out earlier. I mean, I found out not too long ago that she had a boyfriend already, met him this year in college. But all her friends (who are my friends as well since we're part of a huge circle of friends) say its like a joke and that they rarely see each other and stuff. So I can't help but think, maybe if I had asked her out before the other guy did, maybe we could have something together...

And to the honest, this is the first time I felt regret over a girl that I liked. In the past, I've liked girls and always hoped that they would like me and want to go out with me and stuff, but I never really considered asking them out. I was too shy, and I just always doubted that they would ever like me. And when they found other guys to be with, I was sad yes, but I didn't really regret not asking them out, because I felt like I wouldn't have had a chance anyway. Additionally, when I got over those girls and looked back at the whole situation, I began to realize that they weren't that perfect for me. I realized after I got over those girls that I probably wouldn't have been so happy with them.

But this girl I like now, I think she's different. I feel like I'd be really happy with her. I feel like if I had the opportunity, I would ask her out. And that's a first for me. Plus the fact is, we're both part of the same group of friends. So I feel like I would be more comfortable with her.

I don't know though, I don't know how long this will last. There have been girls that I've spent years liking. So I guess I can never tell how long this will last. I just hope that one day...maybe the opportunity will present itself...

Just wanted to get that off my chest I guess.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Hm, I know what you are talking about. Usually when I like someone who is going out with someone else... I keep talking to them. Like my current girlfriend right now, I started talking to her and she even said she liked me, and then she got a boyfriend shortly after that, then i was like... "ugh" but I did not give up. So we kept on talking and she realized that she would rather not have her current boyfriend when she could have me instead. So I invited her to go o the movies with me a few times (as friends) but we both new that we were a little more than friends, and we even saw her 'boyfriend' there (luckily he didnt see us xD) but..

My advice to you is to stay in touch, and don't give up.. and when the time is right, and this may sound gay, but write her a poem or something telling her how you really feel. Girls <3 poetry xD

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
My advice to you is to stay in touch, and don't give up.. and when the time is right, and this may sound gay, but write her a poem or something telling her how you really feel. Girls <3 poetry xD
They do. But if you just drop that out of left field you are NOT going to get the result you want. It's going to be a bit awkward.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I can say that I have experienced love, but only to get hurt in the end =(

I've had terrible luck with girls. I can say that I did find the right girl, nothing could compare to the feelings I felt for her. I never felt happier in my life when I asked her out and she said yes. It really felt like I was in love the short time I was with her. But then things took a turn for the worst, she told me that her parents didn't want her to date me. I fought for her for the next 2 months. I tried to be a good example in front of her parents if they were with her, I stayed loyal to her and I was a good friend to her for 2 months. I was prepared to wait a year or so until her parents allowed her to date. Well turns out that it was all a waste. A few weeks after she told me to move on, she's dating some prettyboy, so the whole parent thing was most likely a lie. I was angry, heartbroken, and my emotions were numbed. After all that effort, I reflected on my time with her and realized that I must've looked like a fool trying to get her back. :urg:

I decided to give it another shot afterward, but my feelings for this new girl weren't as strong as the first girl I mentioned. Just another failure...she was a coward and in no shape to be in a relationship. Her trust issues with her dad carried on over to our relationship. She wouldn't talk to me, let me hold her hand...hell, it wasn't even a relationship. It didn't end well thanks to a stupid decision I made and our friendship was broken. My emotions were numbed even further. My confidence took another shot.

So during my Senior year of high school, I had girls who seriously liked me and I basically told them to "F*** off, I'm not interested" (Not literally, but that was the impression I gave them) I didn't want a relationship and any drama to ruin my Senior year lol

So yeah, I haven't dated since, but I've tried to open my heart again, and whenever I get close to a potential relationship, I begin to freak out. I begin to question if I really like this person and I end up running away from them. I'm indecisive. I'm not afraid of getting hurt, I can take whatever crap girls throw at me now. I'm afraid of hurting the other person in the relationship. I'm a quiet guy by nature, it's my biggest weakness IMO. I don't have alot to say alot of the time and often can't think of anything to say. It's caused so many awkward moments with girls and my friends. I just have a mindset that girls don't accept that type of personality, like the first 2 didn't. It's like I automatically think everything will fail in the end before things begin.

So yeah, that's my story with love. :p

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
I can say that I have experienced love, but only to get hurt in the end =(

I've had terrible luck with girls. I can say that I did find the right girl, nothing could compare to the feelings I felt for her. I never felt happier in my life when I asked her out and she said yes. It really felt like I was in love the short time I was with her. But then things took a turn for the worst, she told me that her parents didn't want her to date me. I fought for her for the next 2 months. I tried to be a good example in front of her parents if they were with her, I stayed loyal to her and I was a good friend to her for 2 months. I was prepared to wait a year or so until her parents allowed her to date. Well turns out that it was all a waste. A few weeks after she told me to move on, she's dating some prettyboy, so the whole parent thing was most likely a lie. I was angry, heartbroken, and my emotions were numbed. After all that effort, I reflected on my time with her and realized that I must've looked like a fool trying to get her back. :urg:

I decided to give it another shot afterward, but my feelings for this new girl weren't as strong as the first girl I mentioned. Just another failure...she was a coward and in no shape to be in a relationship. Her trust issues with her dad carried on over to our relationship. She wouldn't talk to me, let me hold her hand...hell, it wasn't even a relationship. It didn't end well thanks to a stupid decision I made and our friendship was broken. My emotions were numbed even further. My confidence took another shot.

So during my Senior year of high school, I had girls who seriously liked me and I basically told them to "F*** off, I'm not interested" (Not literally, but that was the impression I gave them) I didn't want a relationship and any drama to ruin my Senior year lol

So yeah, I haven't dated since, but I've tried to open my heart again, and whenever I get close to a potential relationship, I begin to freak out. I begin to question if I really like this person and I end up running away from them. I'm indecisive. I'm not afraid of getting hurt, I can take whatever crap girls throw at me now. I'm afraid of hurting the other person in the relationship. I'm a quiet guy by nature, it's my biggest weakness IMO. I don't have alot to say alot of the time and often can't think of anything to say. It's caused so many awkward moments with girls and my friends. I just have a mindset that girls don't accept that type of personality, like the first 2 didn't. It's like I automatically think everything will fail in the end before things begin.

So yeah, that's my story with love. :p
Wow, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you :ohwell:. When I thought I found the right one, she ended up betraying me for some dude who was way older (I was 17 back then and she was 19). Couple months later, one of my closest female friends finally realized she had a crush on me after I tried to get with her like a year before lol. But this was around the time I was about to leave for college, so she was all like "my heart can't take this :(." Couple weeks later she starts going out with one of her co-workers. I tried talking to some ladies here at school but never followed through...had so many opportunities to get into a relationship but idk if I can deal with all the drama right now so I just said f**k it. Oh and recently my ex (the one who cheated) decided she still wanted to be friends...part of me still wants to talk to her and the other doesn't ever wanna see that b**ch again. (I only use that word for females who deserve it)

kigbariom

Smash Lord
Yeah, it true I have been there before
Like you see it in movies with the Poems and all but it really does work.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
In general, to everyone:
Please don't look to movies for romantic/dating advice. Hollywood is Hollywood, the real world and real people are different.
lol this is kinda true but poems are really helpfull to start out relationships.

real life love/relationships can feel like they would only come from a movie but sometimes things are so perfect its just the way it is

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Good news everyone!
The pathetic guy who gave you this:
Love. One of those things that just cant be a one way street. I think love can be a horrible thing when you feel it, but not the other.
(Thats me!)

Brings you new news! Well it seems I used the word "love" to prematurely. Since that has been posted I've managed to basically say screw her! I mean, she's still like one of my best friends, but now I don't feel those feelings for her anymore. And I am now happily (somewhat) in a long(ish) distance relationship with girl #2 (what a twist!). Boy is there egg on my face.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good news everyone!
The pathetic guy who gave you this:

(Thats me!)

Brings you new news! Well it seems I used the word "love" to prematurely. Since that has been posted I've managed to basically say screw her! I mean, she's still like one of my best friends, but now I don't feel those feelings for her anymore. And I am now happily (somewhat) in a long(ish) distance relationship with girl #2 (what a twist!). Boy is there egg on my face.
Best advice you'll ever get involving girls. If you like them, DO NOT BECOME THEIR FRIEND! Get to know them, but nothing more. Once you're their friend, you're just a friend.

GGs.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Mrrrmmmmhhhrgh. As long as we're all excepting people here! m i rite lol

And this ain't off topic. 'casue this post is about their love.

Top Bottom