• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I was hoping to get a hotel with a group of people. I live too far away from the city, so it'd be a pain having to come back and forth with public transport + a strain on my parents.

Only gonna go the hotel if we can get discounts though. lol

Gears

Smash Journeyman
How many people are you planning to split with? Estimate on how much it'll cost for each person?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
If were getting the discounts at the venue again, would probably cost around this.

RECOMMENDED ACCOMODATION
Stay at CQ, right upstairs from the venue and save with our discounted rate. Simply mention Battle Arena Melbourne (BAM) when you book.
www.cqmelbourne.com.au

Prices are:
$139 a night for a Superior Room (normal price $159)
$159 a night for a Deluxe Room (normal price $179)
Both rooms can include two king sized beds and a couch and thus can be shared
Check out the Brochure here (see page 5): http://www.cqmelbourne.com.au/downlo...el_kit0909.pdf
Can have 4 people per room, 35 bucks each a night or with the second option, 40 bucks a night. Probably only planning to stay a night or 2 in the hotel.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
u going cal?
i have time off work. but need to organise housing before i book flights :/
Yea I plan on it. I also want to go to Perth just before it but I dunno if I'll have spare monezz for both so see what happens. I'm not gonna worry about booking flights until next month

Remastered

Smash Lord
I would straight carry in crews. Good management always prevails. As for fusion, I would keep that team unless Jesmo came down.

SD is legit. I have played smoking puppy and beat him last time. He is still good but.

Dekar is trash at brawl. I would wipe the floor using Ganon and a percent handicap. 70 maybe 80 percent on Ganon would prob make it fair.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
S.D for number 1 on the Queensland PR IMO.

I have played smoking puppy and beat him last time. He is still good but.
Lol, I don't remember playing you outside of doubles. I don't know if you're better than me or not (you probably are), but just sayin'.

So keen on going to some tournaments. Might try to go to both this and ACL the week before. =)

Remastered

Smash Lord
I played you in pools smoking puppy, a long time ago. A lot has changed since then so I don't think it is much of a gauge at all on how good we are.

S.D is a really good brawl player. I wish he took the time to practice it and could make it to more brissy tournies. We need a good Diddy in QLD. (Smoking Puppy's MK would be a good inclusion up here too) I would like to see him play Jaice though. I have no doubt he would be top 5 in QLD. Not sure about 1st or 2nd atm. When Jesmo is on his game, he is as good as Jaice.

With that crews team for brawl, I'm pretty sure we could be somewhat competitive.

Jbirds might be a good add in if he gets back to brawl before October.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
Leisha's idea only costs around $35 each, while Testikills idea costs around $170 each.

I'd rather Leisha's idea. lolol

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i think i read this in the genesis 2 or rom 4 thread
- smashers pack into hotel rooms like clowns into clown cars

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Genesis 1 the texas room had...2 beds? I think 12 people were sleeping there.

Aussie group originally was going to be 'packed' altogether (all ten? of us I think) in one room with others but we opted for just paying the measly $40 or whatever it was to get an extra two rooms.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
with cq, assuming similar pricing, could have 5 people (one on couch) for $28 a night pp
or use that floorspace comfortably and go with 8 ($17pp per night). or cram in with 10 ($14pp per night)
i don't remember a couch in our room at robocop though... perhaps that's deluxe rooms only?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
with cq, assuming similar pricing, could have 5 people (one on couch) for $28 a night pp
or use that floorspace comfortably and go with 8 ($17pp per night). or cram in with 10 ($14pp per night)
i don't remember a couch in our room at robocop though... perhaps that's deluxe rooms only?
Dude our room had a couch in it. It was folded out n u slept on it rofl.

Our room had like 8 people. Me zxv dekar gords forte m2k and I think tak? I remember the baranyays too hey lol

Hotel will b off the chain

:phone:

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I was in another room drinking and playing SF3 with Nick, Strazz and Plasia. Totally doing that again this year too lol =)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Just wanted to let everyone who cared, me attending this, is looking less, and less likely, just had a passing in the family... and well you know how that is... "financially, and personally... Umm, i'll still do the best I can with things...

Thanks for those of you who had tried for me/attempted to try, I'm not giving up yet, I'm still gonna do my best to attend, but it's looking much more bleak. Once again, thank you everyone. :)

S.D

Smash Master
All the best Vman, sounds like a tough time.

Hotel sounds boss, I'd be up for splitting like 30 ways.

Also in terms of QLD Brawl S Pup is def top 3.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
That blows man, you're no 2 on my list for 2012 if you don't quit by then vman (8 (no1 being mango since im such a fanboy lol)

Splice

Smash Hero
Still dont understand why we arent getting mango for 2011 tournament wtf

Remastered

Smash Lord

Come compete at ACL. I want to see this QLD skills no one knows about. Plus the brawl scene in QLD could really do with more players attending.

swordsaint

Smash Master
having played s.pup before i can defs say he's been consistently one of queenslands better players, held back only by how far away he is from the scene.

S.D

Smash Master
Come compete at ACL. I want to see this QLD skills no one knows about. Plus the brawl scene in QLD could really do with more players attending.
I'll probably be at ACL but unsure whether I'll enter brawl... last time I played in Bris (Tpoo I think?) I beat Jesmo and Toki in the bracket lolz. Still yet to play Jaice. You guys need to get Chris back, and Jbirds.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
vman when I watch eggstinction I CHOOSE TO KEEP MY PANTS ON.

I am sorry for your loss vman and wish you the best.

:phone:
That blows man, you're no 2 on my list for 2012 if you don't quit by then vman (8 (no1 being mango since im such a fanboy lol)
You guys are all the best.. I really mean that ^^;

Top Bottom