• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

Splice

Smash Hero
do brawl singles and melee doubles on saturday imo

dunno if its not worth it for you jaice if theres no doubles

Also @ Redact: Dont do both doubles on one day and both singles on the other. No-one came for the day with just doubles at ACL and it wrecked the 2nd day, no-one cared to come for just doubles.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
was just making an example btw. But it would end up being mixed events most likely. But feel free to ask and maybe they can change it. Doubtful though unfortunately

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I agree with Jaice, it makes it easier for everyone.

The people who only play one game don't have to play for two days when they could just play for one. The people who play both games don't have to transition depending on the time of day.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
considering most people play both game these days, it will end up being mixed days to maximise attendance. m-doubles/b-singles 1st day then vice versa 2nd day has worked well in the past.

Also BAM has that set fee for both days, no single day option.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
was just making an example btw. But it would end up being mixed events most likely. But feel free to ask and maybe they can change it. Doubtful though unfortunately
Yeah they use to do that up in QLD, but then realised people usually just gave up on the doubles events. Setups don't have to be changed throughout the day if they are on different days too.

Splice

Smash Hero
That's possible Jaice.
And it is more convenient for people who play both games BY FAR.

It depends on what Redact thinks is best for him though. He'll probably want something to do on Saturday, and if people who play just one game can come for both days I think thats more money or better attendance or something. More money per days attended was how ACL worked, dunno what they will aim for with BaM2K11 tho

We should start organising the schedule for realsies, tbh its pretty soon.

perhaps: All brawl Saturday, really big crew battle for Melee on saturday (15+ people per crew, or multiple crews tournament?)
and All melee Saturday, with crew battle for Brawl?
LOL
could work ;P

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
its most likley going to be like this:

melee doubles -> brawl singles pools -> melee state crewz (5v5's) -> brawl bracket

opposing for sunday

Crew sizes can be sorted, but looking to have 4 crews max as it can just take too long otherwise

events will start early (like 10am) so everything can be done each day

Have also been considering

Day 1: melee pools -> brawl pools -> crews

Day 2: brawl teams -> melee teams -> Both brackets

Splice

Smash Hero
melee doubles -> brawl singles pools -> melee state crewz (5v5's) -> brawl bracket

opposing for sunday

^^^
Thats madt redact, that'd be the best.

If crews got an actual time slot it'd be so good too! ^_^

yeeeeee

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Also @ Redact: Dont do both doubles on one day and both singles on the other. No-one came for the day with just doubles at ACL and it wrecked the 2nd day, no-one cared to come for just doubles.
err this was because of the acl schedule, would never happen for bam

Remastered

Smash Lord
If doubles for brawl is on a different day, I probably wouldn't end up coming back for it sadly. Same day, same event is the best option in my opinion, but it's upto organisers.

QLD as Jaice said, has finally split them up for bigger tournaments and it works really well up here. The only people who miss out are the venue money holders, who now only get people paying for 1 day instead of having to pay for 2 days. (Which really shouldn't matter anyway)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I myself would perfer it one game each day. Would make things a bit easier for some people. Mostly because being far away can make it a hassle for me.

Doesn't bother me too much if its the usuall though.

:phone:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah, I'm not expecting a huge turnout for this. Maybe 20 at least. 30+ if were lucky xD. But then again, hugs would be coming so. It's hard to say, depends on how enthusiastic people are for smash.

Anyway ill stop talking crap now lol.

Remastered

Smash Lord
in QLD.. the truth is we play them both on the same day... so few people >.>
That's why I said the 'bigger' tournaments. Sadly Arrow is right though, we don't really have these anymore :(.

I'm looking to change this soon though. I have a few avenues I want to try to drum up interest in competitive smash in QLD.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I think the choice between mixing and splitting depends entirely on the expected turnout.
Since all of this falls during a rather busy period for me during the uni semester, unless it's a break week or something, I may not be able to go. We'll see.

EDIT: Looks like it falls within a reasonably convenient timeframe for me. For both ACL and this.

Hm.

lain

Smash Master
Even though I'm getting more and more into Melee, I really don't care about this unless they play Brawl.
Lain for +1 imo, THAT I would sponsor.
Ok, just saying guys, I would be the most VALUABLE player you could bring over besides like, our obvious top 2 players. I've gone to tournaments across the United States ALMOST EVERY WEEKEND for 3 STRAIGHT YEARS. It's given me an insane amount of information about the social circles of each brawl scene in each state/city, a general skill level appropriation of EVERYONE I've met, and has enabled me to learn the styles of every region with their quirks and mindsets.

I could teach you a lot, you could teach me a lot, and I'd ensure we'd all party HARDDDDDD

Sleep on it :[ I've been hearing rumours of me maybe coming to Australia since like, ROBOCOP. + I miss Shaya's sexy hair.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
From Hugs:
The only issue in attending would be missing too much school. I imagine the most I could miss would be one day of each class, or about 1 week. You'd have to let me know if 1 week is worth it. If not, I'll have to see if I'm capable of extending my stay.

As for winnings, I will donate any winnings I get less my personal expenses (Food, etc) unless there's some ridiculous prize pool in excess of what you all paid for me to get there and stay there. Then I might keep some of the excess.

Pretty much, I don't go home with profit unless you guys are even on whatever it is you spent on me.
-----

With this in mind, I personally want to look into other players for this spot mostly because I would prefer having them here for more than 1 week max.

Genesis results are not posted as of yet, but from what I understand DEHF also made it into the melee bracket (losing to lucien and silent spectre?) under the alias of Larry. I'm pretty sure its like not easy to make bracket at something like Genesis 2 in Melee.

I'm at work ATM so currently can't really look into this, but im pretty sure DEHF is solid at melee aswell.

My original propsal for people to help mango over still stands, as well as the possibility Hugs can stay for longer, but since not many people like mango here and hugs may not be the best option, DEHF looks pretty solid imo.

Opinions?

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
DEHF was a melée player before brawl was even released. In other words he is good at melée. I've watched plenty of his vids, he would dominate us.

I'd see I'd hugs could get an extended stay though. Hugs seems like a really cool guy. Otherwise DEHF would be best for the wholistic experience (brawl and melée).

Remastered

Smash Lord
DEHF vs Oli's is like watching legalised ****.

I honestly don't mind who we get over, still don't know if I can make it to this anyway. Housing options for me + Jaice?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Redact asked me to post this here. It was originally sent as a private message to him when he asked about how long I'd stay and about how much I'd give back should I win prize money.

"The only issue in attending would be missing too much school. I imagine the most I could miss would be one day of each class, or about 1 week. You'd have to let me know if 1 week is worth it. If not, I'll have to see if I'm capable of extending my stay.

As for winnings, I will donate any winnings I get less my personal expenses (Food, etc) unless there's some ridiculous prize pool in excess of what you all paid for me to get there and stay there. Then I might keep some of the excess.

Pretty much, I don't go home with profit unless you guys are even on whatever it is you spent on me. "

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
haha hugs the slow man.

Either way you're still no1 on the list depending on your availability. Look into it more man and then find out if you can get more than one week off, getting you in about 1.5 weeks before the tourney (21/22 sept abouts flying in) and then sending you off a few days after the melbourne tourney (oct 4th/5th flying out) is ideal since youll be able to make 2 tourneys (one in qld and one in melb) along with giving you a week in melbourne to enjoy your time here.

sort out your schedule!

HugS™

Smash Lord
I start school in late August, like the 22nd. So that's when I'll know what my schedule will be after getting all my syllabi.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
ack thats so far, looking to book flights like ASAP as prices will only get higher :x

ideas ?_?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
haha lain, you'd be too high to teach anyone anything, your a pretty cool kid though ;)

HugS™

Smash Lord
Redact, how long is the flight? Do they do overnight flights if I'm going to Australia?

LOL @ Lain btw

Top Bottom