• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BAM 2K11 - October 1st & 2nd - WE GOT SUM MANGO

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey Redact, place in some sort of deadline if there isn't already one, to collect donations. Need to purchase those flights sooner rather than later, is all.

Also, unless people are abnormally generous again, I doubt we could raise the full $1400, in time. Would it be better to perhaps halve the donation requirement and have the rest of Hugo's sponsorship requirements funded through the pot or CW funds? Best not to squander whatever financial leverage we had with the org.

A $700-ish target is realistic and achievable given the 3 month timeframe and the pot is likely to be in the order of $1000-$1500, not inclusive of CW cash injections, which could go to the Hugo fund.

2c

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I am very very happy with Hugs coming.

He's amazing in just about every way ;)

Perhaps we could contemplate if that person at the service station actually was a crazy murderer if/when you get here :D

And considering his willingness to donate back, he's pretty much the bestiest optionest guyest everest.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hey Redact, place in some sort of deadline if there isn't already one, to collect donations. Need to purchase those flights sooner rather than later, is all.

Also, unless people are abnormally generous again, I doubt we could raise the full $1400, in time. Would it be better to perhaps halve the donation requirement and have the rest of Hugo's sponsorship requirements funded through the pot or CW funds? Best not to squander whatever financial leverage we had with the org.

A $700-ish target is realistic and achievable given the 3 month timeframe and the pot is likely to be in the order of $1000-$1500, not inclusive of CW cash injections, which could go to the Hugo fund.

2c
I'll place in a deadline after reloaded. Lots of people have pledged money at or after this weekend. So we will see about that.

Funding from CW is not an option, same with pot funds or such. CW is not putting forward money this time into smash (I'm president, so I've had plenty of say in this too). I believe we can raise the $1400 though, or at least close to. Putting a limit on if anything will stop the later people from donating. I'm sure I'll get donations further down the line from people if I leave it open.

I'll be purchasing the flights soon after talking with Hugo about his availability. Then the donations can simply go to a "Redact releif" fund or something rofl.

Taking money from the pot is something I don't really want to do, Hugo pledges to give back anyway so there is your contribution from the pot.

Either way its all fine, just don't be stingy people and my life won't be hell (8

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I wasn't suggesting siphoning anything from the pot -- it would be my suggestion that Hugo wins the pot and keeps whatever he needs to pay for his attendance, unlike what was arranged with M2K and Mango. Just bad wording on my part.

As much as you think placing a cap could stop people from donating, a foreboding target could also stop people from donating. It depends on how you play your card.

If you believe $1400 can be raised in time, without flights going up, by all means, prove me wrong. I'm more than happy to eat humble pie. :9

Splice

Smash Hero
Is Jaice coming to this? I would definitely house him anytime

Awesome guy
Oli fun to play against too, more enjoyable than any A tier

Splice

Smash Hero
My favourite MUs are the characters that Ledge used to play because they remind me of Ledge.

Plus its really fun to get destroyed by Olimar and then gimp him in 4 moves, on occasion. fun fun

ANYWAY:
Queensland ACL is on the same days as BAM

There is some effort being put into moving the smash section (and more) of the Queensland ACL to the weekend before BAM. Nothing is confirmed as of now

Hopefully works out and Attila can make a small fortune.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry broskis.

Shaya won't choke at the next big tournament.
I'll win for sure.

Can't let my brotilla keep winning dem monies with a bad character. He needs to upgrade to diddy imho, then I'll give up.

Splice

Smash Hero
wait, so is Mango still coming? Or just hugs?

If mango isnt coming my donation is off Redact :p

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Is Jaice coming to this? I would definitely house him anytime

Awesome guy
Oli fun to play against too, more enjoyable than any A tier
More than likely will come to this. Mainly depends on University workload at that time of the year.

You are probably the only person in the world who enjoys versing Olimars haha. I think I would prefer not being in a hotel like in SA for Reloaded. Makes it easier staying with a person with local knowledge.

Also, would like to have a GnW MM next time we meet again.

Splice

Smash Hero
More than likely will come to this. Mainly depends on University workload at that time of the year.

You are probably the only person in the world who enjoys versing Olimars haha. I think I would prefer not being in a hotel like in SA for Reloaded. Makes it easier staying with a person with local knowledge.

Also, would like to have a GnW MM next time we meet again.
Well here's hoping! Parents have already given the ok for you to stay here if so :)

GnW ditto MM? I might have to get my time-out on :reverse:

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
God that's quick confirmation. Very generous.

You grab one edge, I grab the other and we plank for the entire match. Good game haha. If this tournament has no LGL, abuse it this time, just not against me.

Splice

Smash Hero
<3

Alternative to that, we can use bacon right next to each other the whole match, see who gets more very lucky tosses in the space of 8 minutes.

It'll probably have a LGL. I'll plank better anyway though
Couldnt have abused it less then I did at Reloaded if I tried rofl

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I may be able to go to this.

Have to go to Melbourne sometime to get my American citizenship, so I'll try and go over with my dad when this is on.

Gears

Smash Journeyman
I might come, even though i'll get my *** kicked. I wouldn't mind splitting the cost for a hotel room.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Even though I'm getting more and more into Melee, I really don't care about this unless they play Brawl.
Lain for +1 imo, THAT I would sponsor.

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
Just checked University timetable. Dates fall on last two days of mid-semester holidays. Will all brawl events ONLY be on Saturday?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
its probably going to be a mix with one event of each game over the weekend.

so like brawl doubles then melee singles on one day and the opposite on the next day.
just an example though.

Top Bottom