• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

chic

Smash Ace
so his attacks just have alittle more knock back and hes automaticly balanced and viable now? ok... and btw my bro knows how to play... id say hes on the same or even higher level than jumpmans mario to give you an idea of his skill FYI. but anyway ill make another post after our tourny next week.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
well my bro and i just got done playing. he mains mario i main luigi. my bro is pretty disapointed with the changes for mario. he was hoping mario would get a better buff... i kinda agree with him.
Seriously? Mario is pretty good now. I don't think he's crazy good like some people seem to think, but he's pretty solid. Quick, with good gimping, comboing, jab cancels, projectiles, and now actual KO power? I don't know what else you want.

You can't base balance on what you think the character deserves, only what makes the character viable. If he has the the ability to compete completely, but still has a difficult time, he's viable. There will always be tiers. Although I wouldn't mind seeing G-dorf's d-tilt sped up to frame 9 (it is a change, but it's still only one frame) and safer on shield (not sure how you'd go about this.) He still gets grabbed for it quite a bit. I'm poking them with my toe, they shouldn't be able to grab it :p. It'd give him some better shield pressure, as well as give him his rightful d-tilt against the ones who can't be d-tilted after gerudo. All the while still being not over powered seeing as you can spot dodge it and punish or counter with an aerial.

chic

Smash Ace
he always had the jab cancels, projectiles good gimping but the only change is the KO power am i right? so how does this make him crazy good?

so just to get things straight the only reason mario was a low tier, non existent in tournies was because he couldnt finish?

Crescens

Smash Cadet
he always had the jab cancels, projectiles good gimping but the only change is the KO power am i right? so how does this make him crazy good?

so just to get things straight the only reason mario was a low tier, non existent in tournies was because he couldnt finish?
Yes. And his worst matchups happened to be the characters who were already excessively strong. And because he lost to certain things that were terribly OP and have since been nerfed. He's undoubtedly one of the strongest characters now.

JOE!

Smash Hero

pretty much, mario had trouble Killing, and was abused by silly things like DDD CG's and the like. (as crescens said)

now as you said, he's allready had a solid moveset. Now, he STILL has the solid moveset, but with even better moves in it like better kill options and the like.

With a very well rounded move pool, which gives him tools to handle pretty much all scenarios, and in an environment without shneannigans putting him down, Mario is very potent

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord

Because his moves KO much earlier now. Like Snake utilt and Ness Bthrow early. Only for his Usmash and Bthrow. And his fireballs do more damage. So you can camp better. And there's no more RCO lag. And now he doesn't get infinited by DDD, or, for that matter, 0-deathed by Falco. That's a lot of improvements.

Eyada

Smash Apprentice
so his attacks just have alittle more knock back and hes automaticly balanced and viable now? ok... and btw my bro knows how to play... id say hes on the same or even higher level than jumpmans mario to give you an idea of his skill FYI. but anyway ill make another post after our tourny next week.

Good luck at the tourney. Are you guys expecting a large turnout?

And, yes, Mario is better now. With some further play time I'm sure it'll become more apparent.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I understand exactly how Luigi uses his Fireballs. This was actually a specific type of targetted buff. Basically, in standard Brawl, Luigi is already pretty good, and in most matchups, doesn't need and shouldn't get a buff. However, he loses pretty horribly to "team disjointed" (Meta Knight, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch) because the range disparity combined with his generally low mobility (Luigi Cyclone doesn't help in these matchups much) just lets them zone him way too easily so his incredible speed and power don't get to see the play they need to see for Luigi to work. Fireballs are a move Luigi can actually hit with fairly easily in those matchups, and with the cooldown reduced, Luigi should be able to rely on them more as a poke to mess with those zoning games. Getting spammy with them sometimes is effective in other matchups as a side-effect, but given how much the hit is generally lame with Fireballs, I think in the end they will still be a poke... just a much better and safer poke to throw out, a poke that you can use to disrupt things in the matchups that generally zone you to death so you can get in their face and take advantage of all the great stuff Luigi was wanting to do all along. Of course, having a functional dash attack is a nice bonus too...

Mario is much improved across the board. His general game plan shouldn't be that different, but he should be a lot more rewarding. Mario had a decent gameplan in standard Brawl, but it was hopelessly non-rewarding, largely centering around the fact that he had terrible KO options, so he was not much of a factor in the metagame. And, just like Luigi basically got a move added to his moveset (dash attack), so did Mario (dtilt). Initial impressions of Mario have been very positive, and I can say I definitely feel pretty powerful when I'm using Mario. I'm not sure I agree with certain hype elements that are putting Mario in top tier, but I'm fairly sure he's good.

Also, this has nothing to do with the project, but the fact that you main Luigi and your brother mains Mario is amusing in a silly way. I guess you guys are the Mario bros?

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Although I wouldn't mind seeing G-dorf's d-tilt sped up to frame 9 (it is a change, but it's still only one frame) and safer on shield (not sure how you'd go about this.) He still gets grabbed for it quite a bit. I'm poking them with my toe, they shouldn't be able to grab it :p. It'd give him some better shield pressure, as well as give him his rightful d-tilt against the ones who can't be d-tilted after gerudo. All the while still being not over powered seeing as you can spot dodge it and punish or counter with an aerial.
I'd actually like this to be seriously considered. While I think Ganondorf can put some degree of pressure on defenses, I still think that he faces a serious uphill battle when it comes to them. I think he needs some semi-reliable counter measure to provoke defenses. D-tilt already has a big buff, but with this it would be a reliable poke. He could provoke opponents shields but the move could still be countered easily.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
sorry for being ignorant, but how does BB work over Wi-Fi? If both players are using it, does it function like normal?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
sorry for being ignorant, but how does BB work over Wi-Fi? If both players are using it, does it function like normal?
so long as the person your playing has the exact same code set on, it will work online.(don't worry about custom songs and textures, long replays, infinite replays, or the music hack wifi(not to be confused with the my music swap), those won't cause desyncs)

Sh4dey

Smash Rookie
NNID
Coming
Edit: Do you need the Homebrew channel for it to work for balanced brawl?

Great. Now time for some fun...Sonic is gonna **** at tourney's since his spring can spike...

NNID
Budget_Player
Question. I have the latest nightly brawl+ on my SD card and I want to try out BBrawl. Do I have to replace/rename all of the PSA .pac files? If yes, is there any easy way to do this without renaming them all? That's a lot of files to replace...

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
bBrawl doesnt use pacs, so if you dont think you'll need character textures, just change your fighter folder to something else, like "old_fighter" or something. Barring that, you will have to rename each pac to something like "fitb+(character).pac"

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
actually, I have my .gct called "minor_RSBE01"(with only file replacement and some minor changes), "BBrawlDefault_RSBE01" and "BBrawlCustom_RSBE01" (pretty self-explanatories), all of them on the same "codes" folder lol. I just rename the one I want to use to being only "RSBE01", and ONLY THAT ONE will be loaded.

BTW, I found out that the .gct with file replacement featured on the OP is slightly bigger that the standard one. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure It could work (yet, I still can't fix the Cheat Manager issues...)

-dUb-

Smash Cadet

Swordplay

Smash Lord
AA and Thinkaman I'd like to report something.

So today we ended up with like 1 wii set and 10 people so we did rotation for Balanced Brawl. Pretty fun stuff. The glitch was that Wifi Waiting Room did not seem to load when you played "rotation" but did work when you played "brawl".

If this has been discovered sorry, if it was a one time glitch also sorry. We did lots of testing and it just would not run on rotation though it worked fine in brawl. We even tried restarting the wii.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
AA and Thinkaman I'd like to report something.

So today we ended up with like 1 wii set and 10 people so we did rotation for Balanced Brawl. Pretty fun stuff. The glitch was that Wifi Waiting Room did not seem to load when you played "rotation" but did work when you played "brawl".

If this has been discovered sorry, if it was a one time glitch also sorry. We did lots of testing and it just would not run on rotation though it worked fine in brawl. We even tried restarting the wii.
They said the WiFi training room only works on VS. mode

Swordplay

Smash Lord
They said the WiFi training room only works on VS. mode
Rotation is a variation of Vs Mode. It's Vs mode where the game automatically chooses who's turn it is to play. Its a built in Vs Option. For those of you who don't know what rotation is When you hit group Don't hit Brawl. Go to "Rotation"

WiFi Training Room replaces Hanenbow in versus mode (NTSC-U only)
That's why I am reporting it as a glitch.

Edit: I think VS mode should include Brawl and Rotation as they are essentially the same thing.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Edit: Do you need the Homebrew channel for it to work for balanced brawl?

Great. Now time for some fun...Sonic is gonna **** at tourney's since his spring can spike...
unfortunatley, Sawnik seems to be one of the worst according to all the testers due to his lack of real significant buffs to put him ahead of the newly buffed cast, and that the spring is really easy to beat...

Mit

Smash Ace
Rotation is a variation of Vs Mode. It's Vs mode where the game automatically chooses who's turn it is to play. Its a built in Vs Option. For those of you who don't know what rotation is When you hit group Don't hit Brawl. Go to "Rotation"

That's why I am reporting it as a glitch.
Actually, there is no mode called "VS" in the entire game. The category you're referring to is "GROUP". What the BBrawl staff means when they say VS mode is just "BRAWL" mode under "GROUP". "ROTATION" is a different mode under "GROUP".

The reason why it's called "VS" sometimes is because that's a general, assumed nickname for the default fighting mode. It could also be confusing calling it "Brawl" mode.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Thats stupid......

Hanenbow---->WWR......they should make it work in rotation.......a lot of people were like WTF when it didn't work.

That or the change list should be more clear as to not confuse people like me. (But really it should be in rotation) (tournaments too)

Mit

Smash Ace
Thats stupid......

Hanenbow they should make work in rotation.......a lot of people were like WTF when it didn't work.

That or the change list should be more clear as to not confuse people like me. (But really it should be in rotation)
I believe it's beyond their control. If there was a code to make it work in rotation, they'd use it, but I'm assuming there isn't one yet.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
or you know...you could just do Brawl mode and roytate amongst yourselves
When you have 10-15 people waiting on one set, that idea seems ********. Having the game do it for you is so much better.

I just want to know why Thinkaman and AA didn't go the extra mile on this one? I mean I use it all the time.......Did they just not care enough to think it would ever be used? Was it neglected or could not be done?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Ok then, if you think writing a code in hexadecimal is so easy why don't you use a friend and try to figure out how to do it by your self. The whole Wifi waiting room was hacked by a team of hackers. You think it's easy to do that? You might as well as ask for a delay of a few months before the standard release comes out. I mean, it's just not worth it to try to figure out how to program it, unless they already did and I'm responding like a ******.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It also probably doesn't work in Tournament mode, and that event match that takes place on Hanenbow is still on the real Hanenbow (thankfully). I don't even know if it works in special Brawl; we haven't tested that (I don't even have a guess one way or the other). I'm not kidding when I say the stage coding is really limited. I would love a code that works in standard battles, special brawl, rotation, tournament, training, and WiFi, but it really just doesn't exist. Sorry about that.

I also want to be clear that Thinkaman and I both are really far more designers than coders. We can claim a great deal of credit for the creative parts of Bbrawl (actually deciding what to do), but the code base is a compilation of codes made by external programmers for assorted original purposes. Really the only things we directly wrote were the data arrays, and those are fairly easy. I don't want to downplay how much work we did; designing and testing the project to get everything calibrated just right was a ton of work. I just want to be clear that we are... limited in our ability to write useful, original code.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Also, Battle is the most overall used mode (even custom settings of BBrawl was made to fit only on it). maybe would be odd, but rotation system is pretty simple; so, rotating by yourselves will have gain various advantages, like the WWR itself or the possibility to change names (useful, though, some people uses more than one type of controlling). A little more of job will worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom