• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Standard Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
True. Then they're more comfortable than jeans, but remember that sweatpants don't come with pockets, so we'd have to see how this difference plays out in the long run.

If it proves to be too powerful, nerf the zipper to a flap; two snappable buttons.

Varna

Smash Rookie
I think you guys are looking at this all wrong. Sweatpants don't need a buff at all - sure, they lack pockets and a zipper, but the amount of heat they retain for the user is just overpowered. I say nerf them down to Shorts.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Don't know why it is, but, I downloaded the beta build off the site. Kirby's nayru's love has an ice element on it...

Also, Is Ivysaur's Up B supposed to cause special fall again?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
They made all B move changes changed for Kirby and Yes, but try is d-air off-stage.

Sweatpants really does bad in hot stages like Norfair. He's at a serious disadvantage with the stage changing his MU's to near counters. Making him have cut-offs would change the way you use them though. He's a real polarized character. :urg:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Just saw the BBrawl videos... Bonuses are pretty self-explanatories, and I'm pretty sure buffs will be expained later....

But anyways, project looks to be in a pretty solid direction, despite the complaints about some changes.

I still thinking, despite how it really help on her matchups, that Jigglypuff's Mystery Gift is VERY intrusive on her metagame..... just sayin'.....

Mit

Smash Ace
I don't know if/when he'll post here, but apparently Renegade (Ike main) is a big supporter of BBrawl, and has obtained his own venue in Indianapolis, and plans on running a BBrawl tournament there in the future. He's going to run a normal tourney, see how it turns out, and if it it's low turnout he's gonna boost the singles and doubles pots $100 each out of pocket to get a better turnout for the next tourney, which I think will definitely work out. He also promises to record matches throughout. This should be VERY beneficial overall to atleast have a big set of tourney videos to reference for the new release. Can't wait :D

Also, a little suggestion. Renegade already printed out papers for character changes, but in the future if you get the time, you should try and develop some print-versions of the character pages that are even more print-friendly that people can view/download from the website for printing out to post up at tourneys/events. Not entirely necessary, just a little suggestion.

AphoticBankai

Smash Cadet
I'm sure this has been asked enough times but I wasn't willing to comb through 360 pages for it.

If I download this and put it on an SD card and upload Brawl, it won't -change- Brawl will it?

I mean to say, if I take the SD card back out of the Wii I can play regular ol' Brawl still, yes?

I realize it wouldn't make sense for it to change the core of the Wii but I wanted to make sure.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I mean to say, if I take the SD card back out of the Wii I can play regular ol' Brawl still, yes?
Definitely. It's currently physically unpossible for hacks like these to change the game data permanently. (The most they can do is change your save data, which BBrawl and the like do not do.)

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
If you reset your Wii (either by hitting the Reset button, choosing reset from the Home menu, or turning the power off) nothing remains and BBrawl is gone until you load it again. The only technical difference is that the music on Wi-Fi waiting room will remain changed.

In fact, if you remove the SD card during play, only the following changes will remain until reboot:

-Infinite Replay Length
-Tags in Replays
-No Random Tripping
-No Stored Lag From Special Ledge Grabs (like most Up Specials)
-Planking Prevention
-Stage Speed Changes (such as slower scrolling on Mushroomy)
-Default Settings (3 Stock, 8 Minutes, ect.)
-Prevention of Infinite Jab Locks, Banana Locks, and Footstool Locks
-Fixed Aerial Grab Releases
-Sub-Stage Select (Hold button to pick stage version, like on Mushroomy)
-Custom Stage Select Screen
-Disabled Custom Stages

Also, all changes on the currently selected characters and stage will remain until they are unselected.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I don't know if/when he'll post here, but apparently Renegade (Ike main) is a big supporter of BBrawl, and has obtained his own venue in Indianapolis, and plans on running a BBrawl tournament there in the future. He's going to run a normal tourney, see how it turns out, and if it it's low turnout he's gonna boost the singles and doubles pots $100 each out of pocket to get a better turnout for the next tourney, which I think will definitely work out. He also promises to record matches throughout. This should be VERY beneficial overall to atleast have a big set of tourney videos to reference for the new release. Can't wait :D

Also, a little suggestion. Renegade already printed out papers for character changes, but in the future if you get the time, you should try and develop some print-versions of the character pages that are even more print-friendly that people can view/download from the website for printing out to post up at tourneys/events. Not entirely necessary, just a little suggestion.
Double post to say that Ren is awesome, we're in communication, and printer friendly cheat-sheet images (like I made for the public preview) will be published shortly after release.

I also want to reverse them into Brawl snapshot files so they can be viewed in game.

Mit

Smash Ace
In fact, if you remove the SD card during play, only the following changes will remain until reboot:
Just a little side note, all those other changes can be restored simply by reinserting the SD card again, backing out of versus mode, and going back in (to refresh any character data stored in memory from the previous match). You don't necessarily have to reboot if you happen to remove the SD card.

I'm sure you know this Think, just pointing it for those who might not :p

AphoticBankai

Smash Cadet

-Infinite Replay Length
-Tags in Replays
-No Random Tripping
-No Stored Lag From Special Ledge Grabs (like most Up Specials)
-Planking Prevention
-Stage Speed Changes (such as slower scrolling on Mushroomy)
-Default Settings (3 Stock, 8 Minutes, ect.)
-Prevention of Infinite Jab Locks, Banana Locks, and Footstool Locks
-Fixed Aerial Grab Releases
-Sub-Stage Select (Hold button to pick stage version, like on Mushroomy)
-Custom Stage Select Screen
-Disabled Custom Stages

Also, all changes on the currently selected characters and stage will remain until they are unselected.

Wait, I thought the instructions on page 1 said to take the SD card out after you load it or it could crash. Should I not?

RCyclone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
rcyclone
3DS FC
0490-7017-9432
Switch FC
3291-1218-6623
Wait, I thought the instructions on page 1 said to take the SD card out after you load it or it could crash. Should I not?
That's on normal brawl when you have the sd card in.

I could be wrong about that.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ooh, boy. I'm salivating at the thought of another release. I can't wait. :)

And, Think, if you get those changelist snapshots into the game, maybe include specially recorded replays, too...

...teh sexings. Seriously. It would be majorly helpful in explaining changes to people.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Woah... Jack Kieser plays BBrawl?

Since the 'disabled custom stages' code is on, the custom stages part of the stage selection screen won't load. Because of that, it will not crash.

MorpheusVGX

Smash Journeyman
There are a couple problems with textures and effects with the Balanced Brawl 2 hack, why is that?
Sometimes when you put a certain texture, the character loses his changes. Can someone help on this?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
That means you're downloading a texture that goes over a FitCharacter.pac, instead of a FitCharacterXX.pac. If you really want textures that go over FitCharacter.pac, download the BBrawl FitCharacter.pac and edit the texture in BrawlBox, or have someone do it for you.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
btw, I doubt I'll be able to introduce this to Ohio... at least in the north east. thing is, a lot of the players around here play any character they want from low to top tiers on pretty even terms with the MKs and such (except for M2K) so getting a balanced game wouldn't change their playing...

when is v2.0 coming out?

AphoticBankai

Smash Cadet
Has anybody thought of playing soccer in the new Waiting Room stage?

Me and my friends just played it for about an hour straight xD It was way fun.

Team battle with team damage off, time limit rather than stock. Left side is the goal for one team, right for the other, see who can get Sandbag off the edge the most times.

We were thinking of writing rules for it and such xD. It's not necessarily as exciting or intense as a true Brawl match, but it's a nice thing to throw in for some fun.

/waits to be told everybody's already done this

Mit

Smash Ace
Quick question. What does the Sub-Stage Select (Common) code do? Does it just enable the other Sub-Stage select code for SP/SMI? I'm just wondering because I'm using Dantarion's stage codes for loading other textures/stages and don't want to have to worry about any conflicts.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
btw, I doubt I'll be able to introduce this to Ohio... at least in the north east. thing is, a lot of the players around here play any character they want from low to top tiers on pretty even terms with the MKs and such (except for M2K) so getting a balanced game wouldn't change their playing...

when is v2.0 coming out?
Should be a matter of hours rather than days. Almost everything is in place, just a little tidying up to do.

Has anybody thought of playing soccer in the new Waiting Room stage?

Me and my friends just played it for about an hour straight xD It was way fun.

Team battle with team damage off, time limit rather than stock. Left side is the goal for one team, right for the other, see who can get Sandbag off the edge the most times.
I've probably played over 30 hours of this.

We were thinking of writing rules for it and such xD. It's not necessarily as exciting or intense as a true Brawl match, but it's a nice thing to throw in for some fun.
Speak for yourself; we've made tier list and everything. (Hint: Kirby is broken, so are water guns.)

We play 5 minute, 7 stock matches with special .pac files that slow digestion animations for Kirby, Wario, and DDD.

Quick question. What does the Sub-Stage Select (Common) code do? Does it just enable the other Sub-Stage select code for SP/SMI? I'm just wondering because I'm using Dantarion's stage codes for loading other textures/stages and don't want to have to worry about any conflicts.
Correct.

Mit

Smash Ace
Cool. One more quick question. Which stages does the stage-speed reduction code affect still? Right now I thought some of the stages had their speeds changed through their .pacs, but maybe I'm wrong. Again, just concerned for textures' sake.

EDIT: moar questions. Are the following files necessary for those of us playing with Homebrew channel:

pf/system/common5.pac
wii/app/title/everything inside of here. Random data.bin files.

I'm scared I'm going to miss the planking fix :p How is that implemented exactly? Through character .pacs? A code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom