• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lol

I was joking

I loved playing m2k

it makes me want to figure out what my options are against him even more, because i think i can outsmart him if i had the same knowledge ;)

im lying

And yes, M2K is currently in Australia.

it's really no about being 'rattled' from it. I dont take losses as hard as some people, its just, he had options i never even knew about. so it was impossible to to figure out what new edgeguarding tactic he was going to whip out next for instance

i grabbed him out of nado though.

best i managed to do was 2nd stock 70% which was decent

M2K = not smart

Alright the best way to beat M2K is too...
^Name search bait.

I would say go take a look at how DEHF gets out of M2K's clutches when he starts recovering. Apart from that, I do not think anyone else can be very helpful.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
phantasm cancels are mixup are usually the best way to get out of sticky combo situations like that.

Only problem is MK is still fast enough that you can still be punished for it most of the time, but m2k doesnt have super godly reflexes or anything so it should work.

also, I would assume that m2k would seem somewhat predictable since hes usually the type of player that always chooses the best option in a given situation. but the fact that you know what hes going to do doesnt really mean that said option isnt going to still **** you.

swordsaint

Smash Master
yeah
pretty much KID

i knew what was coming but got ***** anyway for not knowing how to beat them

his spacing is divine.

I'll be watching larry and m2k vids this week and try to do better next week.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Scoot all I can say is don't fall into many bad habits vs. him or else he'll rip you apart.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Sorry if this is dumb question:
What horizontal recoveries will a perfectly timed down angled f-tilt beat if the opponent is going for the ledge

Is there any visuals of a down angled ftilts hitbox

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
if they are jumping onto the ledge and dont sweetspot on the way up you can hit with the dtilt, other wise most recovery moves latches on on the way up so ftilt wont hit that.

Why do not people say something other than doing good? That could imply so many things about your life. I am doing fine because... I wish it continued with that more :(

Anyway, I'm doing fine myself, you?

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Why do not people say something other than doing good? That could imply so many things about your life. I am doing fine because... I wish it continued with that more :(

Anyway, I'm doing fine myself, you?
If someone asks how I am, I always say good or fine. It's because I'm not interested in explaining my feelings because I have balls.

Or the best answer to any question like that is "yes."

My parents ask, "How was school?"
I say, "Yes."

No wonder we are always at war with something. The whole usa government if filled with people with balls who never express anything.

And, yes, yes is the best thing to say, but only when it is CF who says "yes"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBwwUfuJZr8

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I'm doing good :)

How about yourself?
Doing Great! dusted off my controller and looking forward to going to torney's this season. It's only now that I've actually started studying match-ups against other characters. Maybe I'll start placing since i've always have been known to be good in my area. And how about you?

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
You indirectly expressed your feelings of hunger, you expressed your feelings. You just lost your balls.
I must protect my balls!

Hunger is not a feeling in the sense that happiness is. What I mean is hunger is a primal drive, while what I meant by "feelings" is emotions.

pulse131

Smash Ace
bdacus out of boost grab. worth getting down? looks really cool, but to use it competitively...
i dunno. what yall think?

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hello, i was going to host a tournament at my house pretty soon and have a $5 door fee so that there will be prize money but i was wondering how much money should be givin out?? Like 65% for 1st place, 25% for 2nd and 10% for 3rd? I know thats not right but thats why im asking yal for advice on how much money is givin out for 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

Thank you for your time :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you want people to have fun and enjoy the tourney, paying 6 people (all the way out to 5th place) is great for that kind of thing, even if all you can do is give the 2 5th place people their entree fee back, that makes a big difference for some people

just look at any major midwest tournament thread. and youll see the payout breakdown for that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Hello, i was going to host a tournament at my house pretty soon and have a $5 door fee so that there will be prize money but i was wondering how much money should be givin out?? Like 65% for 1st place, 25% for 2nd and 10% for 3rd? I know thats not right but thats why im asking yal for advice on how much money is givin out for 1st 2nd and 3rd place.

Thank you for your time :)
Is your location really AL? If so, check out the regional thread for this sort of thing.

HotWings

Smash Ace
I live in Fort Rucker Alabama. I was going to go to the one in atlanta tommorow but i just dont have the money right now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I live in Fort Rucker Alabama. I was going to go to the one in atlanta tommorow but i just dont have the money right now.
I'm going to Auburn from Mobile this coming Saturday. AUSOM is a great series, but seriously, check out the regional thread and see what's going on. If you host there, I'll see what I can do about getting a carfull from my area.

Choice

Smash Champion
yes, but i'd say it should probably be one of the last things you focus on. like once the basics are all set in place and everything and you're looking for things to add to your game.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
How many frames is Falco not invincible between an airdodge and a buffered roll?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
roll invinicibility starts on frame 2 or 3

landing lag is 2 frames for a soft landing and 4 for a hard landing.

so between 4 and 7 depending on circumstance.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
How many frames is Falco not invincible between an airdodge and a buffered roll?
I never heard the buffered roll term before, is it possible to buff your roll with a dash?

Also, i've been trying to buff my grabs, but i just cant seem to do it, as far as i know is exactly done as a buffered up smash (excepting ofc instead of up+Z, you use back+Z) but no matter how much i try, i cant seem to cancel the dash atack. Am i trying to do it the right way?

Oim~

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
I see, thx. And about the input for boost pivot grab, am i doing it right?
Dash - Dash atack - Cancel using back+z ?

Oim~

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
I press them at the same time when i do regular pivot grab, and it works. But i'll try that... Thx ^^

Oim~

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Is Ftilt > Bdacus a good option? I don't do it until higher %'s, though.

.AC.

Smash Lord

Do not lie DEHF. YOu know that a glasses throw is legit. All you do AC is take your glasses, and jam them in the eyes of the other player. If they cannot see, they cannot play! Pretty crafty, right? ;)
omg how do you know i use glasses?

Top Bottom