• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

omega zero

Smash Cadet
Quick qusestion:

I was chaingrabbing a Snake , trying to practice buffered grabs (so that he wouldn't be able to pull a grenade out.) Twice, I managed to regrab Snake without taking a single step forward, almost like a standing CG. Does Falco really have a standing CG on Snake or am I just seeing things?

I am confused, your post goes from talking about how to punish 'others', then you strictly stat it is 'you' who is in the position for being punished.

So are you asking about what shoul you do OoS when someone is behind you and Bair is not hitting them because they are too short?

Or do you mean how can you punish someone when they mess up an attack above your head?

The 2nd question is easily solved by what yume said, use some high hitting attack like fsmash, SH Dair, SH bair, SH Nair, Usmash, utilt, etc. The first question I am not sure what to say. Either do it faster out of shield or realize you cannot always hit someone because they are so short.

Denzi

Smash Master

What's a good way to punish people when your BAir goes right over there head when used OOS. ?
First of all your qusestion is poorly worded and is hard to correctly answer because of that fact. You might want to consider rephrasing it so we know exactly what you mean and how to answer you.

If you're asking what to do if you miss with bair OoS, it should never happen if you're doing it fast enough. It might miss because they spotdodge/shield, but it should never just go over them. Make sure you're short hopping it.

If you're asking what to do if someone else misses with their Bair, you can do pretty much any move depending on how slow the character's bair is, or no moves at all depending on which of your moves hit shield.

Excellence

Smash Champion
First of all your qusestion is poorly worded and is hard to correctly answer because of that fact. You might want to consider rephrasing it so we know exactly what you mean and how to answer you.

If you're asking what to do if you miss with bair OoS, it should never happen if you're doing it fast enough. It might miss because they spotdodge/shield, but it should never just go over them. Make sure you're short hopping it.

If you're asking what to do if someone else misses with their Bair, you can do pretty much any move depending on how slow the character's bair is, or no moves at all depending on which of your moves hit shield.
It's not unclear. The question is pretty simple. What do you do if you miss with BAir because it goes over the other person? You know, if you're playing a short character like Kirby and you BAir it could go over there head.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
As in what?
Does kirby hit your shield standing behind you and dropping your shield to punish is anathema to you?
Is the only attack you ever use bair, and you get hard countered by anyone who can crouch?
Do you despise the landing lag on bair and want to never ever experience it?

Excellence

Smash Champion
As in what?
Does kirby hit your shield standing behind you and dropping your shield to punish is anathema to you?
Is the only attack you ever use bair, and you get hard countered by anyone who can crouch?
Do you despise the landing lag on bair and want to never ever experience it?
Why is it so difficult for people to answer a simple question without stupid *** remarks that are not productive in any way. It doesn't matter what else I'm using or not using. Don't ****ing worry about that. I want to do what I should do when a character is too short to BAir oos. Answer it.

Choice

Smash Champion
dair, grab, jab, ftilt. your question lacks a few specifics like do you mean what should you do oos if someone is crouched behind you?

Denzi

Smash Master
Like I already said, if you're Bairing correctly it shouldn't miss unless the opponent spot dodges/shields. In that case just move away and reset to a neutral position.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
Question!

My control setup is with GCN, L shield, R special (no springs), Z jump, A grab, B attack, C-stick attack/tilts. Better with Falco to have C Smash for a reason or not? I'm talking AT wise.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Question!

My control setup is with GCN, L shield, R special (no springs), Z jump, A grab, B attack, C-stick attack/tilts. Better with Falco to have C Smash for a reason or not? I'm talking AT wise.
shouldnt affect ATs at all, mebbe gatling combo will be a lil different but thats it.

Like I already said, if you're Bairing correctly it shouldn't miss unless the opponent spot dodges/shields. In that case just move away and reset to a neutral position.
Actually, I have run into this problem with a number of Falco's OoS aerials. I always SH aerials out of shield away from the opponent so that even if they do shield, they cannot punish me. However, often times by spacing away from the opponent, I totally miss the shorter characters. Sometimes bair will miss anyway. Say marth goes low for a dash attack that hits your shield while you are facing away. My first reaction is SH bair very quickly and marth is still low to the ground and I miss. Similar junk against kirby's dtilt, shiek's dash attack, etc. The case is that you sometimes do miss.

To answer the question, I think the best solutions is to attack towards the person every time instead of away and realize that sometimes you will miss because they are too short. Or you are not doing it fast enough.

Question!

Denzi

Smash Master
Question!

Can't BDACUS without Cstick Smashes.

And I think it's a better idea to space away regardless of your chances of hitting them, because if you don't hit them with the initial hitbox they'll probably block the weaker one. And depending on % the weak hit isn't even worth it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
or qcdi up and towards the center of nado and mash air dodge.
you cant SDI tornado, you can only DI it.
Yeah pretty sure he doesn't. There's a wind effect, but no actual windbox.
that doesnt even make sence.
Seeing things.

What's a good way to punish people when your BAir goes right over there head when used OOS. ?

buffer a turnaround out of shield, and jab.
Why is it so difficult for people to answer a simple question without stupid *** remarks that are not productive in any way. It doesn't matter what else I'm using or not using. Don't ****ing worry about that. I want to do what I should do when a character is too short to BAir oos. Answer it.
1. refer to my last comment.

2. just ignore them. they are all getting way too complecated about an honestly very simple question.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
There was no OOS part in his post when he first posted it. He obviously edited it soon after (since there's no edited by: ... line) but the thread went over a new page and I didn't look at the post again. Hence the source of confusion/trolling.

Choice

Smash Champion
falco's jab pushes you back at the end.

is that what you're referring to in terms of windbox?

Excellence

Smash Champion
you cant SDI tornado, you can only DI it.

that doesnt even make sence.

buffer a turnaround out of shield, and jab.

1. refer to my last comment.

2. just ignore them. they are all getting way too complecated about an honestly very simple question.
Thanks, I've been using this as my substitute but I suppose it has to be my primary reponse. >_>

tibs7

Smash Champion
Serious question guys,

why did they make falco's spotdodge, jab, side b, lasers, bair and dair all stupidly good. It's actually beyond me how stupidly good he is.
If he isn't 2nd on the tier list BBR must be tripping.

Edit: oh and his fsmash is quite silly too....

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Serious question guys,

why did they make falco's spotdodge, jab, side b, lasers, bair and dair all stupidly good. It's actually beyond me how stupidly good he is.

serious answer,

Because you touch yourself at nights.

Choice

Smash Champion
Serious question guys,

they did it cuz they know falco is too buff. he's not even fighting seriously and he's considered 2nd best in the game by some people.

dude just dont try him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
115 or so.

i use 130 as a base most of the time for every character just so that its assured, but I think he dies at 110-115 area if its fresh

Choice

Smash Champion
do you mean % before you usmash or after? 113 sounds too high for no DI.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea but no DI never ever happens in a serious game, I need numbers for best DI strongest mementum cancel. thats whats going to translate in game

Top Bottom