• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Choice

Smash Champion
doing it twice just means you dont have to have exact timing, though maybe at this point its just become a preference/rhythmic way to get the timing down.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I just hold down and release it when my feet are just under the platform. Its pretty easy to do imo. With characters that have 5 jumps I think you HAVE to use Dair on the initial jump.

:phone:

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Im having a hard time with platform canceling.......I know it's not very useful but I have time on my hands and no local opponents.......Is there any adio/visual ques? I'm having a hard time doing it consistently.
Do it with Zelda. Once you have the timing down, move on to Falco.

Choice

Smash Champion
how do you guys use that method 0_o i can only do it with cstick. well i guess thats cause im comfortable with it
i dunno. actually when i think about it i just press down twice when i'm being lazy, lol. i think most the time i bair + hold down or c-stick down. i practice mostly on sv whenever i'm in training mode so by now i don't think platform canceling is really something i think all that much about. its like eventually when you get used to jumping or something, you dont really think "jump!" you just do it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It turns out every character can use both methods as long as the platform is at the right height. And honestly I dont have a preferred method yet. I do use platform canceling but both methods work just fine for me lol

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
I find the c-stick method wayy harder
Can you hold down on the c-stick and release it at the right time like with the control stick, or does it not work because of the dair? Because otherwise I can't see how it's a better method.. it's a bit harder and always cuts your options if you fail.

Also, on which stages is this useful? Other than smashville obviously; has anyone found it ever helps them on lylat/[whatever other stages it's possible on]

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
There are like 5 methods of Platform Canceling:
- C-Stick down
- Control Stick down + any direction C-Stick
- hold Control Stick down and release it at the right time
- pressing Down + Shield at the same time for a Shield Drop
- press Shield while holding Down for a Shield Cancel

Every one of them has his own pros and cons. Just try out all methods and then you can practice the method which is easier for you.

Platform Canceling can be done on every stage with a moving platform.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I have a question, what tools do you use to fight against Peach cause I got overwhelmed at times by a Peach in our area a few days ago as well fighting Dark Peach on wi-fi a while back as well?

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
I have a question, what tools do you use to fight against Peach cause I got overwhelmed at times by a Peach in our area a few days ago as well fighting Dark Peach on wi-fi a while back as well?
Camp hard. Yeah really, camp like there is no tomorrow. Peach can't anything problematic at long range. If she throws a turnip reflect it. Don't allow Peach to come in and get in close combat because she ***** there. A 2 frame Jab and floating Aerials are the only options for a Peach player to beat you.

If she gets in Jab, NAir and BAir are your best bets. Try to shield her Aerials and punish her with BAir.

So FTilt, Reflector, Side B, Laser will be your most used tools to fight a Peach.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I mainly had problems with her float pressure sometimes, I felt like I can do very little against her at times and also I find that spacing Up-smash so that the backwards kick of the hit can help against Peach's float can work also you forget nair.

senato

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have a question :). With Falco, ALL my USmash (Dacus, Bdacus, etc) doesn't kill, I don't understand :/: how to use it to kill safely?

[Sorry for my English, I'm French]

Louisdebou

Smash Cadet
Hey, I have a question :). With Falco, ALL my USmash (Dacus, Bdacus, etc) doesn't kill, I don't understand :/: how to use it to kill safely?

[Sorry for my English, I'm French]
Falco doesn't have a lot of safe options to kill.
Mix your moves and be less predictable if you don't want to be punished by this laggy move.
For instance stuff like Dthrow to Dacus are in most of case easily punishable/predictable by your opponent. You could use your Utilt too at higher %.

Oh, and I'm French too (and I played you a long time ago).

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
a really easy way to platform cancel is by pressing down twice on the analog stick as you pass through the platform. then you're free to react with anything if you don't platform cancel too instead of doing dair randomly.
This is not working for me :(
Im just doing jump>Down on the analog stick twice.
What am I doing wrong?

Edit:I can sometimes do it with some other chars......I still can't do it with falco :/ this seems harder than other methods

Boofy!

Smash Champion
whats the "rule" for a move to be able to hit falco out of phantasm? I saw Glutonny do it with Warios Fsmash and Ftilt consistently, yet i can't do it with marth's jab.. is it my spacing/timing or is it move dependent or both?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Falco's hurtbox teleports in phantasm, and his hurtbox is a little behind the hitbox. His hurtbox appears in the middle of the phantasm for a frame. So,

A ---- B ---- C. The letters shows where Falco's hurtbox is at, with the consecutive letters showing 1 frame difference. you can hit falco as long as you hit the hurtbox, and the hitbox has no priority.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
I thought the hurtbox extended for half of the dstance of falco's phantasm behind him both at the B and C stage..?

I had this explained to me a while ago and, having played against falco's phantasm, I think it's right. It's really easy with things like kirby's dair for example, you don't need to aim for the middle but just avoid the invincibility frame (first third)

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
Nair and short hop lasers for finishing hit dacus or bdacus.

Falco's hurtbox teleports in phantasm, and his hurtbox is a little behind the hitbox. His hurtbox appears in the middle of the phantasm for a frame. So,

A ---- B ---- C. The letters shows where Falco's hurtbox is at, with the consecutive letters showing 1 frame difference. you can hit falco as long as you hit the hurtbox, and the hitbox has no priority.
It is the other way around. The hurtbox precedes the hitbox. And I am not sure about the priority thing, but the hitbox can clank with hitboxes.

senato

Smash Rookie
Falco doesn't have a lot of safe options to kill.
Mix your moves and be less predictable if you don't want to be punished by this laggy move.
For instance stuff like Dthrow to Dacus are in most of case easily punishable/predictable by your opponent. You could use your Utilt too at higher %.

Oh, and I'm French too (and I played you a long time ago).
Yes I remember :). Thanks.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
^ depends what you're throwing
if you are tossing a banana at diddy at low percents look for a grab. if you are at kill range get that Fsmash and wreck diddy.

same with wario

if glide tossing towards snake throw the nade up and look for whats there, this is a more tricky one you can fsmash but you will not be getting any help from the item besides the glide so think of jabs grab or fsmash if its there and they are the right % for the kill from smash

with Zss armor its all about where zss is you can toss it up to down or towards her.
If you throw it foward at her i am assuming you are going to hit her then begin to follow her in the air with up air or bair. she has poor options when you are under her. you can also throw the armor up or down depending what you are trying to do. To punish landing lag at high %s glide toss the item up then fsmash for the kill.

if you are tossing a banana at diddy at low percents look for a grab. if you are at kill range get that Fsmash and wreck diddy.

same with wario

if glide tossing towards snake throw the nade up and look for whats there, this is a more tricky one you can fsmash but you will not be getting any help from the item besides the glide so think of jabs grab or fsmash if its there and they are the right % for the kill from smash

with Zss armor its all about where zss is you can toss it up to down or towards her.
If you throw it foward at her i am assuming you are going to hit her then begin to follow her in the air with up air or bair. she has poor options when you are under her. you can also throw the armor up or down depending what you are trying to do. To punish landing lag at high %s glide toss the item up then fsmash for the kill.
Don't listen to this man he sucks

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
cause i'm pretending to be kuro for an hour:troll:
Hahahaha lol good one lets take this to the social thread

same with wario

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
cause i'm pretending to be kuro for an hour:troll:
How is that like me....?
Hahahaha lol good one lets take this to the social thread

same with wario

ccst

Smash Ace
Switch FC
4825-3626-0014
Hello Falco boards; just a question. What do you think about the R.O.B. MU and why? Thanks in advance!

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
The one thing to do in the ROB matchup - Camp.

ROB has no answer to lasers. He'll be lucky to get a Gyro in or even a laser, but that's why you have Reflector. In terms of close quarters, Jab ***** him. If you do a full spinning jab, most ROBs are gonna try to Fair you out of the attack, but you can power shield it most of the time then proceed to punish.

DO NOT go offstage vs. him. You will get gimp'd or be put in a bad position.

Both characters have trouble killing, but since Falco is lighter and has worse recovery options than ROB, he will lose his stock first. But, that shouldn't be the case most of the time since you're camping :troll:

In my opinion, the matchup is like 60:40/55:45 Falco's favor. They each have their tools and whatnot, but I think Falco just has an advantage in the matchup.

Top Bottom