• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Should we ban Rainbow Cruise or Brinstar against a Meta Knight? I've been banning Brinstar, is that a good decision?

Mprime

Smash Ace
a legit falco question

Ok so i was watching this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8lxdPRlBas&feature=related and between 1:20 and 1:30 falco does this wierd laser hop i've never seen before. he runs at the guy short hops and then does what looks to be a B-reversal laser because his momentum reverses when he fires it but instead of facing the opposite direction after the input he still faces the same direction even though he moves backwards as if he did a B-reversal laser and he didn't pivot before he hopped either. can someone explain this to me?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
B reversed wavebounced lasers.
How to do them :
1-Jump,
2-hold and release back,
3-press B,
4-immediately press forward.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I think Falco has it better on Cruise.
I would ban Brinstar.

:phone:
I agree with this.

as falco we have to play safe on the 2nd part of the stage so we dont get gimped. besides that the 1st and 3rd parts are not that bad. a good mk will plank out the ship and dair camp the 3rd part

Denti

Smash Master
how do you do falco's laser thing where he runs off the edge of the stage then jumps back up and shoots lasers down low and is reversed? I can't seem to figure it out. Like could someone give me the sequence of button inputs needed to do it? Like a formula. :)

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
You just run off the ledge, then jump and b reversal the lasers. To b reversal you jump, press the opposite direction youre facing, let go of control stick (so he doesnt phantasm) and laser.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
I find it works better if you also fast-fall (less punishable). After I started doing it I realised it helps a lot more than I had expected.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
The air release on wario is only guaranteed when grabing him at the end of the stage, so that his feet won't touch the ground, or when wario's pressing jump while trying to break out of the grab.
Other than that he will just ground release.
But if he's going to air release we can pretty much hit him with anything.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
The air release on wario is only guaranteed when grabing him at the end of the stage, so that his feet won't touch the ground, or when wario's pressing jump while trying to break out of the grab.
Other than that he will just ground release.
But if he's going to air release we can pretty much hit him with anything.
Thanks BluB!

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Do people think that Falco has the potential to be played as a main character with no secondary? Or would it be good to get one maybe for stages like RC and Brinstar, and maybe just the pikachu MU? Is it worth the work?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I personally think that part of learning a character includes learning their extreme disadvantages. It may be difficult and time-consuming to learn how to play against Pikachu, on Rainbow Cruise, etc but once you do you will feel so accomplished. Plus, you won't be 'just another Falco who changes to MK vs his bad matchups.'

Edit: PAGE

Choice

Smash Champion
i think falco can be a stand alone character. i think most anyone can be though.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Thanks BluB!
to extend on what BluB's said, it doesnt have to be at the end of stages either. On stages with slants like yoshis, halberd, lylat etc, grabbing him over the slant where his feet dont touch the ground will result in an air release.

and when blub says anything, he means it, sweetspot fsmashes are included just ftr.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
I've got a question: Do most Falcos use tap jump on or off? I know that other characters have it off sometimes. Is t all up to preference?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I've got a question: Do most Falcos use tap jump on or off? I know that other characters have it off sometimes. Is t all up to preference?
I keep it on. All of my controls are standard (except rumble - **** that ****).

Some characters make certain functions easier with tap jump off.
e.g. Sheik's DACUS
I don't think that pertains to Falco's (B)DACUS though.

It's pretty much preference besides that.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
hey guys, Alberta Canada is planning on hosting a national tournament June 18 getting players from eastern canada like Ally and Holy Knightmare to come down as well as the rest of Canada and I wanted to see if some of the US would be interested in coming too.

I know i've mentioned possible tournaments in my area before and gotten interest in falco's coming to them if they ever happened. Well now one is happening with a $200 pot bonus as well. Here's the link to the thread if you're interested. I'm sure people will be willing to house as well if you ask around, we're all a really friendly community here.

Alberta Beatdown

Inferno3044

Smash Master
You would get more benefit posting this in different threads. For Americans, it would be better for you to post it in regions close to Alberta (I guess WC?) or try to fund players.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
how do you dacus again? and what determines how far u go with dacus. i can do it but i cant seem to go really far or instantly like you see gluttony's falco do alot

clowsui

Smash Legend
how do you dacus again? and what determines how far u go with dacus. i can do it but i cant seem to go really far or instantly like you see gluttony's falco do alot
clowsui to the rescue again!

how late depends on when you interrupt the dash attack w/ the usmash i think

also really far depends on the style of input, without changing controls only way to max length dacus is with clawing

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
I'm currently on a SF and I can't beat one marth player. So who whould you deal with a agressive Marth?

swordsaint

Smash Master
length of dacus is dependant on how soon it is cancelled

the faster the better - hence why a perfect dacus (bdacus) is impossible without buffering. the mechanic is basically the same, but it all happens at the same time/almost the same time (something that isn't possible regularly)

another example is, if you're using grab as the catalyst for dacus, you won't be able to consistently go as far as using 'attack'. this is because of boost grab, so the time that boost grab is possible takes away from the time that the cancel to up smash is possible.

using attack allows you to do it as quick as humanly possible without buffering.

PZ

Smash Lord
How do you punish ledgehop laser?

I was doing some friendlies against PhreshDaBes(AIB of course) and he owned my snake n marth although the marth match was not a total disaster. Not sure if I should be asking those character boards for advice or here but please help.

I main pika, yoshi, and cf.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
How do you punish ledgehop laser?

I was doing some friendlies against PhreshDaBes(AIB of course) and he owned my snake n marth although the marth match was not a total disaster. Not sure if I should be asking those character boards for advice or here but please help.

I main pika, yoshi, and cf.
First did you ask your boards yet ( pika, yoshi, cf). And second to punish the ledgehop lasers you have to get to the ledge, because falco isn't well known for his recovery. If you have problems power sheild for all your characters. For pika and yoshi camp at the same exact time that would one hit the lasers, two your projetiles are quicker so falco is hit and there is your time to punish. ( get to the ledge). For cf just charge falco there is really nothing he can do.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
This probably has been asked, but what would good secondaries for Falco be, if any? What matchups (other than Pika) should you use them for?

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
MK is the main one but if you don't want to play that broke character, play Marth instead.

Linkvader

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I used to secondary Marth a little bit, maybe I can pick him up again. I'm thinking either Marth or Wario.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Question

On the topic of refreshing moves, does each hit of a multi hit move count for refreshing e.g if i was to do a full jab combo and it hit 10 times would that refresh all my moves?

trying to refresh my memory xD

Top Bottom