• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
I dont want to be off topic or anything but IMO he is better.

Thats all NO MORE!
i thought you got ban lol

anyways i think pit and have many similar tactics. i also think the MU is even between them. where falco can rack % faster but pit has less trouble killing

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
What's the difference between waveboucn and b-reverse lasers in general?

Input wise?

@TommyG how did you say to get out of tornado easier? And didnt you say SDI doesnt work on nado?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
you can DI the first and last hits or nado iirc

b-reverse just turns your character around and executes the special, this also keeps your initial momentum. wavebounce makes your character turn around AND shifts your momentum in the opposite direction.

inputwise, in a b-reversal, you input the analog stick in the direction your back is facing and then press b.. making sure the analog stick goes back to a neutral position before you hit special or your gonna side b.

In a wavebounce you press b first and then press the analog stick in the direction opposite of your momentum, not necessarily the way you're facing.

i think thats all right lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Does anyone else feel bad for camping in friendlies when you get called out about it? :p

Also thanks tommy G...slowly ill remember that. Just control stick right?

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Does anyone else feel bad for camping in friendlies when you get called out about it? :p

Also thanks tommy G...slowly ill remember that. Just control stick right?
umm no ever heard the saying practice like you play? Play to get better if you need to work on camping work at it if you need to get better at cqc mix ups work at it.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Have any of you ever seen Falco do something that looks like a wavedash? Cuz i was playing a CPU and i swear it did some sort of slidey-wavedash thing off the edge of smashville. I've looked at it a lot and i don't know how it happened.

I was jabbing it near the edge and the cpu side dodged, canceled an upsmash and slid backwards (or something like that). I can upload a video in a bit.

edit:
Uploaded video for clarity. I have a feeling it's just something obvious and I'm being dumb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGikwmemglk

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
yeah just the control stick.

When you do it right, you barely pop above tornado. If it pops you up too high, youre pressing it too fast.(it also pops you up early so you fall back into the last hit) I'm going to assume you all can guess what happens when you press it too slow.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
not gonna say for sure whether you can or can't sdi nado, but i've had success getting out with qcdi up and spamming airdodge

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Tap up once every 3/4 of a second. It pops you up a few pixels above the tornado and allows you to avoid the last hit to get a Dair when the tornado is over, rather than getting stuck in an air dodge.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Falco can chaingrab shiek just as much as he can chaingrab anyone, although she may have the fox weight in that getting a spike off is hard, not sure though.

and we should use jab and ftilt against shiek because of her lack of range. fsmash is a good landing punish if you can predict the vincinity of where she will land. shield and grab will work well because of her lack of range and shieldstun on her attacks.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Falco can chaingrab shiek just as much as he can chaingrab anyone, although she may have the fox weight in that getting a spike off is hard, not sure though.

and we should use jab and ftilt against shiek because of her lack of range. fsmash is a good landing punish if you can predict the vincinity of where she will land. shield and grab will work well because of her lack of range and shieldstun on her attacks.
Don't get ftilted.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Don't get ftilted.
Hella don't get FTilted.

It's worse than our chaingrab. At low percents (I'm talking damn near 0%) you can Smash DI down and perfect shield. If you've been Ftilted twice, you're not gonna make it, so start to DI toward Sheik's head. Trying to DI out won't work. If you DI toward Sheik's head, you make it harder to judge which direction she has to Ftilt and force her to USmash at the lowest percent you can get out. IIRC, even after you've been through the wringer once, she can still get stupid **** off her FTilt until you reach stupid high percents (more USmash, maybe Fair or Uair).

Your options are better at close and long range though. Just don't do unnecessarily risky things.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can SDI the Tornado but only the first and the final hit because the other hits don't have any hitlag .... so there's "nothing" to SDI out of.

Now here's a question: lately I've been messing around with MK vs CPU Falcos. When I watch the match-up played at high level it's usually the Falco remaining on the ground with Laser and side-B while MK approaches largely with dair ... now most Falcos won't challenge the dair camping with nair / bair because it gets beaten by Tornado ... however Falco's Shine beats Tornado. That's something I didn't expect to be practical but when the CPU uses Jumpshine to challenge my dair approaches he usually beats it because after the 2nd or 3rd jump MK is way to immobile in the air to evade it.

How legit is this as a counter strategy to what appears to be MK's most common approach in this match-up? Has anybody ever tried it out in tournament against competent players?

:059:

clowsui

Smash Legend
it's been tried before, it's a good ranged poke and should be done as a mixup. you can see it being performed in tournament by atomsk. the problem you have to be in a certain range/height to commit to reflector so it doesn't really force MK into any positions unless he's not dair camping semi-reactively. like you can down b them if you think they're going to try to retreat/attack at a specific range but if they don't intend on being there they can use their jumps/dairs/etc. more constructively

it's useful though, just the problem of the end lag of reflector + positioning

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
You can SDI the Tornado but only the first and the final hit because the other hits don't have any hitlag .... so there's "nothing" to SDI out of.

If there was 0 hit lag, you'd just fall through the tornado while taking damage, like a few hits of Charizard's fair.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If there was 0 hit lag, you'd just fall through the tornado while taking damage, like a few hits of Charizard's fair.
Hitlag is the lag you suffer upon successfully hitting your opponent. MK suffers no lag from hitting the opponent with the tornado except for the first and for the final hit. The opponent is still in hit stun causing you not to fall through the tornado.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Im having a hard time with platform canceling.......I know it's not very useful but I have time on my hands and no local opponents.......Is there any adio/visual ques? I'm having a hard time doing it consistently.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
@Brickbox : when you do a jump Falco does a "hmpf" sound. Cstick down when you hear that sound.

@Kuro : you can't JCDsmash, but you can platform drop cancel it. It's awfully hard to do though.

Choice

Smash Champion
a really easy way to platform cancel is by pressing down twice on the analog stick as you pass through the platform. then you're free to react with anything if you don't platform cancel too instead of doing dair randomly.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So the inputs are jump>down on analog stick twice while at the platform cancel height? Ive never heard of doing it this way?
:phone:

Choice

Smash Champion
yea, its super simple and how i do it sometimes. you can actually platform cancel only pressing down once supposedly, but twice makes it easier.

Top Bottom