• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i didnt know that you hang out at the Falco boards, kuro. is he your secondary or something?

tekkie

Smash Master
whats up with falco/mk being even in the new matchup chart

also what are some good falco/mk vids

/yes i will read matchup and video threads but id like a more homegrown smalltown folksy personal response to my questions <3

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
whats up with falco/mk being even in the new matchup chart

also what are some good falco/mk vids

/yes i will read matchup and video threads but id like a more homegrown smalltown folksy personal response to my questions <3
:falco: vs :metaknight: has been though of as even for a loooong time lol.

Rain vs Shadow

DEHF vs M2K apex 2010

DEHF vs M2K VC7

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as long as the mk cant stay underneath the bottom level of the stage for extended periods of time to avoid getting ***** by lasers, then yea, that matchup is even.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
i dont think this mu is even. Falco has to work much harder then mk to win this match. also given all the terrible lvs an mk can take falco to this is not an even mu. maybe its close to even on FD but even then your recovery options are so limited once you are off stage

my opnion

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
^ Yes, I agree that Falco vs MK is evenish on FD and BF only. MK has soo many stages to take Falco and do gay ****. But hopefully RC will get banned thanks to Masky's discovery and we'll only have brin/delfino/frigate to be CPed to. (ALWAYS banning Brin tho)

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
^ Yes, I agree that Falco vs MK is evenish on FD and BF only. MK has soo many stages to take Falco and do gay ****. But hopefully RC will get banned thanks to Masky's discovery and we'll only have brin/delfino/frigate to be CPed to. (ALWAYS banning Brin tho)
what did masky discover?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
on rainbow cruise, when the screen loops and goes back to the beginning with the boat, wario can whip out his bike and ride across the top of the stage. so high up that you cant hit him. its a pretty extreme form of stalling but its limited by the fact that he eventually has to come down, and only wario can do it, so the idea that the entire stage would be banned from tourneys for one exploit, is pretty far fetched.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
on rainbow cruise, when the screen loops and goes back to the beginning with the boat, wario can whip out his bike and ride across the top of the stage. so high up that you cant hit him. its a pretty extreme form of stalling but its limited by the fact that he eventually has to come down, and only wario can do it, so the idea that the entire stage would be banned from tourneys for one exploit, is pretty far fetched.
MK can do it as well its just much harder to pull off. and i dont feel like that is a game breaking tatctic and i doubt RC will get a ban for it.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
We can always hope, guys.:) If Cruise DID get banned, it would help our character SO much.
I'll take Frigate/Delfino/Lylat any day of the week over Brin or RC.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I doubt RC will be banned for this, I'm assuming the glitch is that Wario can't die when he's still on the bike?

But def look like stalling and would prob result in DQ pending on the TO's discretion.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
We can always hope, guys.:) If Cruise DID get banned, it would help our character SO much.
I'll take Frigate/Delfino/Lylat any day of the week over Brin or RC.
Do you want to now somthing about delfino, when falco does side b he falls through the stage almost alot of the time. For frigate the first side with one ledge falco will die right away if he is thrown of to the right instant also more characters are most likley better at that stage. Lylat very broken hard to recover camping abilities lowerd when turning also the ledges are a piece of crap sometimes you can live but not always. Good choices jungle japes, ps1, and brin star falco does much better on these stages this would help falco (imo).

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Xinc asked what he needs to abuse against Peach on the guide thread, and since Vlade told him to take it to the Q&A thread, I'll beat him to it.

Basically you need to not abuse any single move, because it will become predictable and you will turn into a robot. When you become an autopilot Falco, the Peach will know this and take advantage of it. Basically, you need to be ready to appropriately DI and escape combos at low percent, and take advantage of her weak points with her strong points. Against Peach you'll usually need to be patient, because aggressiveness against a character that can punish like Peach will not work (assuming the Peach is high-leveled, which you should be prepared for). If she's floating and, for some reason, wants to play the camping game, you know what to do. Shoot lasers. But don't sit there and short hop double laser until your mind drifts off from the game and she starts dodging/shielding them all. Switch it up. Be creative about it. Don't let your probably foolish habits get the most of you. Peach is good at punishing, so rolling and spot-dodging will get you absolutely ****ed if you depend on it. A simple tactic such as running to shield would prevail over the over-used, over-expected spot-dodge. Recovering. You have to be creative and think while you're recovering, because a wrong move will get your phantasm intercepted and out-prioritized. For example, if you're waiting on the edge and she's on stage, 9 out of 10 Falcos will jump until they're right above ground level, and side B. Nowadays, people generally expect that and are ready to counter it like it's nothing. Watch out for the down smash, though; if you're on the edge too long and your invincibility frames wear off, she can just walk up and down smash and your stock is gone. Why? I don't know. But it happens.

Up smash out of shield [for kills] and n-air out of shield are your good friends, by the way.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
Does anybody know where I can download the PAC file that shows Falco's hitbubbles? I found a link on smashboards but the download has apparently been taken down.

Ares

Smash Journeyman
If memory serves it is frames 13/14. Frame 13 gets you the short cancel and frame 14 gets you the long cancel. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
my memory says 22/23/24 short/medium/long
but....
not 100%

i think start-up frames itself are more than 13 frames

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
Does nair beat out olimar's fsmash and upsmash?

And how should I deal with his upair? Can I DI out of it if it's a yellow pikmin?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its not, you cant buffer a dash in the direction opposite that which you are facing, all that will happen is you turning around.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
its not, you cant buffer a dash in the direction opposite that which you are facing, all that will happen is you turning around.
You can buffer a dash, but you can't simply buffer a dash attack because the game will read it as a reverse Dsmash/Usmash.

Now thechnically it is possible to reverse bdacus, but the input is
back > down > back > upC*2
All that in 10 frames lol.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I have a brawl tourney tomorrow, and I don't know what to do against my friend's peach... I usually main Falco against him. Any tips?

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
I have a brawl tourney tomorrow, and I don't know what to do against my friend's peach... I usually main Falco against him. Any tips?
Things you can do is laser like a mad man then do nair (be careful about her fair) thats all!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
How is NAIR good against peach, just curious.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
ok thanks. ^^

Wish me luck guys. :D
Xinc asked what he needs to abuse against Peach on the guide thread, and since Vlade told him to take it to the Q&A thread, I'll beat him to it.

Basically you need to not abuse any single move, because it will become predictable and you will turn into a robot. When you become an autopilot Falco, the Peach will know this and take advantage of it. Basically, you need to be ready to appropriately DI and escape combos at low percent, and take advantage of her weak points with her strong points. Against Peach you'll usually need to be patient, because aggressiveness against a character that can punish like Peach will not work (assuming the Peach is high-leveled, which you should be prepared for). If she's floating and, for some reason, wants to play the camping game, you know what to do. Shoot lasers. But don't sit there and short hop double laser until your mind drifts off from the game and she starts dodging/shielding them all. Switch it up. Be creative about it. Don't let your probably foolish habits get the most of you. Peach is good at punishing, so rolling and spot-dodging will get you absolutely ****ed if you depend on it. A simple tactic such as running to shield would prevail over the over-used, over-expected spot-dodge. Recovering. You have to be creative and think while you're recovering, because a wrong move will get your phantasm intercepted and out-prioritized. For example, if you're waiting on the edge and she's on stage, 9 out of 10 Falcos will jump until they're right above ground level, and side B. Nowadays, people generally expect that and are ready to counter it like it's nothing. Watch out for the down smash, though; if you're on the edge too long and your invincibility frames wear off, she can just walk up and down smash and your stock is gone. Why? I don't know. But it happens.

Up smash out of shield [for kills] and n-air out of shield are your good friends, by the way.
There you are. What he said.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, I give up. I'm tired of not being able to figure out my problem and the only match-up discussion I can find on the boards is dated. I main Falco and I know the Snake and Diddy match-ups are even or close.

With Snake I know that you're supposed to gimp him before he gets to ****ing 180. I know that I'm supposed to be able to outcamp him as well, but it doesn't work out. He can approach through my **** and when he gets in range, I generally eat ~40-80% before I get back to a position I feel in control. I CANNOT kill him for ****. I know I'm supposed to be able to get him off stage and gimp him, but he just C4 recovers way the **** off stage. When I DO have Snake to 150%+ I can't kill him. Anything I've got that can kill him is beaten by the correct choice of FTilt, UTilt, and Grenade. I simply don't see opportunities to punish him.

Diddy I'm a lost cause with. So long as a good Diddy is holding a banana, all he has to do is shield and react and I really don't understand what to do. If there's a banana bouncing off my shield, I don't know what my options are. If he gets the momentum, then good game Falco. If I'm playing well, it's a close match and at any point momentum can swing Diddy's way and **** me, there's your kill percent, eat a banana into DSmash/FSmash.

The only match-ups I have this much trouble with outside of those two are ****ing Pikachu and ICs. The guy I'm playing against is better than me right now. I'll admit that, but it's really frustrating when I do better against his MK main then go get three stocked by his secondaries. I see a LOT more people fail against his MK than his secondaries and I lose to other Snakes/Diddys, so I figured it's a match-up problem. I looked for less dated information but didn't find any, so I'll take advice and also links to vids of good matches that show what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

Top Bottom