• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Def not guaranteed, more of a desperation move as youll die too, a safer choice is to try to footstool, but against say MK that is not that safe either.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Hm, well I'm learning falco and not very experienced, so ugh...

Do Falco mains (how do I say it) Nair right before going down(hitting them with the first one or two hits) and the Dsmash right away (Like a umm, Dsmash cancelled Nair, or vice versa)
I've tried it on my friends and I think it's pretty good because it's uncalled for, a good mix up, and is somewhat harder to DI.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
how do you approach MK when he has the lead to try and land a low percent grab? I'm shut down by short hop dairs and dtilts no matter wat i try!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@storm when you hit with that nair, its better to do something like jab, grab or up tilt after. Down smash is an option tho.

@chaos, lol.
If your opponent wont let you grab them, then stop trying to grab them, falco has plenty of methods to combo people for 60+ percent early in their stock. why are you forcing the grab?

Yamitsuki

Smash Cadet
Wow, that video makes it look like falco can get a guaranteed kill on diddy no matter what if Daired offstage. Footstool him directly below you, 2nd jump -> dair if he goes away from the stage.

Yeah, nair -> dsmash is viable. I have seen it cover someone trying to DI the nair, get out, then fall to the ground only to get hit by Dsmash.

Air release on MK is only when he is dangling in the air. Otherwise, the opposing MK has to hit the jump button, up on the c-stick or control stick when attempting to get out in order to be air released. Never try to air release MK when it will put Mk on the platform and he can shield any anything you try.

Phantasm from shield is something I would like to try, but I like never use it. Most cases where you might want to use phantasm can be covered with shield drop to dash attack. I mean, you cover a huge amount of range in the span of under 15 frames. That's like half the time of an IAP. How many moves that hit your shield will push you away so far that dash attack will not work as a punisher, but phantasm will? The answer is virtually none.

As the answer for MK, don't get the grab. Run away more to get the needed space to get some spaced lasers into some safe follow-ups. A spacing MK is something you do not want to toy with when space is limited. Any SH attempts into lasers will likely get you attack from underneath. In that situation you want to regain control over spacing by getting to the center of the stage to space lasers and mess up his own spacing to punish him on an mis-spaced attack.

pulse131

Smash Ace
up air

into dair

Irow- ''pulse, that was the sloppiest combo ever, i cannot believe that just won the game''.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I know this is probably a scrubby question, but I had a problem with it today.

I was playing a ZSS, and of course she used dsmash. Then walked forward a little. Dsmash. And that happened like 5 times before I could get out by buttonmashing different directions. What is the proper direction to (S?)DI out of that "combo?"

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont get put offstage.
ban yoshi island
dont roll behind dk (youll get downsmashed)
stick to basic falco play, lasers, side b to run away, space jabs.
dont get punched.
when DK is up b ing and is offstage, its possible to side b into it, and trade hits, which means you take 3 % and are free to side b again, and DK is spiked way too low to recover.
if the dk like to camp the ledge for punch, just let him have it and try to laser him from across stage.
if giant punch hits your normal (not power) shield, dont attempt to punish.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Don't let him bait your phantasm recovery and punish with dsmash, because that will hurt. Bad.

Watch the SK92 vs Cable set. It couldn't hurt, and shows that Falco isn't an auto-win if the DK is good enough...

Who's the DK in your pool?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Honestly, I don't see why Donkey Kong is such a menace on Yoshi's Island.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Don't let him bait your phantasm recovery and punish with dsmash, because that will hurt. Bad.

Watch the SK92 vs Cable set. It couldn't hurt, and shows that Falco isn't an auto-win if the DK is good enough...

Who's the DK in your pool?
Will. I'm assuming he falls under the category of good enough.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
9 kills early, but 10 wind has super armor so yeah, don't get hit.

APartofNothing

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I am a new Falco. I was wondering if there was an easier way to BDacus other than the dash-cstick up twice because for some reason I am having a bit of difficulty with it.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
bdacus is supposed to be difficult to pick up and do consistently, not even larry can get it every single time
if you're a new falco, i don't suggest learning bdacus quite yet until you've had a bunch of practice with falco and learned his basics

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What's the difference between B and regular dacus? Is one better in some situations or what?

APartofNothing

Smash Apprentice
bdacus is supposed to be difficult to pick up and do consistently, not even larry can get it every single time
if you're a new falco, i don't suggest learning bdacus quite yet until you've had a bunch of practice with falco and learned his basics

Okay thanks for the help I appreciate it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
What's the difference between B and regular dacus? Is one better in some situations or what?
Well tbh, The ranges are comparable. I mean the difference is range is so minute its not really that much better as far as that goes. However Bdacus gives u a speed boost and faster start up than regular dacus which is why its better imo.

AndGravy

Smash Apprentice
I need tips on killing ROB.

The guy I play against reacts super fast and his playstyle minimalizes what hits i can land. The only smash I can land fairly often is upsmash after shdl>dacus. I am currently trying to preserve my bair so it retains some killing power, but it never gets far enough. Overall, he is just too heavy+DI+amazing recovery for me to kill.

I can land aerials, but they usually don't have enough KB to kill him. I will never land a fsmash unless it's an ungodly mindgame because of his playstyle. Dsmash doesn't KB enough, and I can never get him while he is offstage. If i try to get him while he recovers, he either floats above/under me or cripples me.

What can I do to land stronger hits?

What moves should I focus on for dmg vs KB?

How can I edge guard?

(It's impossible for me to get him when he is ledge hanging. He always drops off, air dodges if i attack or aerials if i don't)

edit: What stages should I take him to?

Sph34r

Smash Journeyman
I'll just answer the easier part =P

ROB's recovery does not allow him to airdodge out of it unless he first uses some aerial, so if your bair isn't killing anyway you could try hitting him with that when he's recovering (don't get fair'd though).

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

I Dair You

Smash Ace
NNID
mike824
3DS FC
0834-4241-7942
The order is debatable but it's:
Character counter- ICs/Pikachu
Stage counter- Brinstar/RC

Falco doesnt really have any other characters or stages that **** him too badly, making the rest of his MUs 45-55 at worst imo.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.
lol

The order is debatable but it's:
Character counter- ICs/Pikachu
Stage counter- Brinstar/RC

Falco doesnt really have any other characters or stages that **** him too badly, making the rest of his MUs 45-55 at worst imo.
Game & Watch is probably 4:6.

And Link...such a hard matchup for me.

:troll:

Top Bottom