• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thanks someone told me he would be good for someone who plays passive agressively.

huh oh well ;P

swordsaint

Smash Master
probably because we cant win

I think what the person might have meant (using the term wrong though) is that falco can be ok when he plays up close. He can sometimes be in your face, but not the way people expect. He'll up applying some safe pressure waiting for you to **** up and for falco to get an opening. for instance, a falco will LOOK aggressive, but that's just because by being up close a fair amount the enemies mistakes is more easily punished.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thank you sword ^_^

I guess that is what they meant and it does make sense. Falco does seem to fit my play style more than others.

He said I play campy but when they get close up I go agressive and then when they are away go back to camping a bit. :S

Then recommended Falco and Marth.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol most likely I will be lurking around since now 4 people have told me to play Falco. D:

But yep he seems to fit me the most.....great it took me 2 years and 4 main switches to realize i wasn't even close :laugh:

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
#1 MU to cover is Pika imo. ICs are a distant second.

Idk about the Pika/TL MU. If its even or better, I'd say go for it, but once again, I dunno.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
He apparently has a slight advantage against both Pika and Icys.
What can I say? I'm an IC main/secondary (atm I fluctuate), I have IC bias lol.

I'm also going to say that a lot of numbers against ICs are kinda meh, since most don't have a good IC main in their region.

That being said, some characters have been tested against Meep, Lain, etc. and have had somewhat more accuracy.

For example, lets take Pikachu, from a glance, you'd think he'd be a good pick against ICs, some good separations, good quick relatively safe attacks, and the speed/edgeguarding capability to take advantage of a separation. However, from what Anth3r (anti-namesearch) has experienced playing La1n, it's anything but in pika's favor.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
<3
Jump, when you are on the platform's height dair.
It's better to do it with c-stick because you get no landing lag then.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
lol most likely I will be lurking around since now 4 people have told me to play Falco. D:

But yep he seems to fit me the most.....great it took me 2 years and 4 main switches to realize i wasn't even close :laugh:
yes join us then i can hav 2 falco mains in the crew if u consider marth then xlr8ape can help you there.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
whats marth's grab limit for his 0-death on falco?
I think he can only Fthrow CG you 3 times from 0 just as long as you DI away from him but can still spike you on the 4th throw

and if you aren't near the ledge by the 2nd or 3rd grab DI to the opposite direction you already DI'd to cuz a good marth might mix it up with a dthrow and if he does that while you DI a Fthrow he can continue the CG/fsmash tipper you

M@v

Subarashii!
Icys are way worse than pika, I dont know what the hell you guys are smoking. Pika is doable with falco; icys arent. Besides the cg falco pretty much sticks it to pika. hard.

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
Is Falco a good secondary for a Marth Main because I heard he does pretty good against Marth's bad MUs.

Also Falco looks like he'd be more fun to use over Meta Knight(I like Meta Knight but he's boring)

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
So I've spent some hours in training mode recently working on my Falco tech skill since I just picked him up last Sunday and I've been working on his boost pivot grab CG.

Now, my question is, does the boost pivot grab have the same window and opportunities as the normal CG? As in, can I only boost pivot at lower percents compared to the normal CG?

My intent is to spam the boost pivot CG whenever I get that grab at 0% instead of the normal one. I figure that stylin on people gets in their head and confuses their DI, so it would be a worthwhile skill to learn if it's just as inescapable as the normal one. Or maybe it's only really meant to be used to change direction occasionally?

I know I probably worded this poorly but I'm sure you get the general idea. Anyone have experience here?

Top Bottom