• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
If the opponent di's up and away while spamming jump they can footstool out of boost pivot grab.

not sure if its everytime tho

LordAizen

Smash Journeyman
What is your guy's main tactics?

I'm fairly new to Falco so I'd like to get a better understanding. I like to Down Grab into Fair or Nair alot.

I also spam his lasers and Forward B(illusion whatever) but I'd like to learn alot of his other tricks.

omega zero

Smash Cadet
What is your guy's main tactics?

I'm fairly new to Falco so I'd like to get a better understanding. I like to Down Grab into Fair or Nair alot.

I also spam his lasers and Forward B(illusion whatever) but I'd like to learn alot of his other tricks.
In a nutshell, pressure the opponent with lasers, and go for the chain grab if you see an opening, or if they make a mistake. Then continue to rack up safe damage, and then, carefully go for the kill.

Fair generally isn't a good aerial to use, too much lag, Dair and Bair are much better. Never spam ground lasers, unless your opponent is offstage or stuck in a laser lock. Always SH while lasering. The side B gets really predictable after a while, don't over use it.

Check out the Forum Guide, Din Peregrine.

MulticolorShyGuy

Smash Cadet
Learn to do a running turnaround bair, not sure if there's a technical word for it.

But run, smash the stick the opposite direction and immediately jump, you'll be jumping backwards the way you were originally running and can do what you like out of it

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
So I've spent some hours in training mode recently working on my Falco tech skill since I just picked him up last Sunday and I've been working on his boost pivot grab CG.

Now, my question is, does the boost pivot grab have the same window and opportunities as the normal CG? As in, can I only boost pivot at lower percents compared to the normal CG?

My intent is to spam the boost pivot CG whenever I get that grab at 0% instead of the normal one. I figure that stylin on people gets in their head and confuses their DI, so it would be a worthwhile skill to learn if it's just as inescapable as the normal one. Or maybe it's only really meant to be used to change direction occasionally?

I know I probably worded this poorly but I'm sure you get the general idea. Anyone have experience here?

the way i got better with falco is alot of money matching(mm) and tourneys switching your game play and watching atleast.......150 vids of tourney and friendlies if you need some direction just go to video thread im always there just looking 4 new ones and re watching the old ones and putting things i see in the vids into play and also combo vids helped me alot too try it out you never know wat could/can happen.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I've got a question.

I feel that I'm a solid Falco main. And I don't wanna have just Falco under my wing. So I wanna try to find a counterpick. I have a lot of fun playing as Wolf, but he's not really that good. So any suggestions?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Does the weak hitbox of uair lead to anything? It looks like it has a fixed knockback. so im thinking that we could poss combo if the opponent is on the ground and you hit him with a falling weak hit uair.

omega zero

Smash Cadet
I've got a question.

I feel that I'm a solid Falco main. And I don't wanna have just Falco under my wing. So I wanna try to find a counterpick. I have a lot of fun playing as Wolf, but he's not really that good. So any suggestions?
Consider MK or Marth. Find a secondary who:

A) Has a good/decent match-up against Falco's bad MUs.
B) You enjoy playing as.

Denzi

Smash Master
Yeah, Marth and Snake are widely considered to be Falco's best secondaries, as they cover all of his bad matchups. MK is also a decent choice, but he's good vs anyone.

Characters you should (probably) consider when looking for a 2nd would be Kirby, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Marth, and Pikachu.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I would honestly say Marth is the best secondary in terms of his matchup coverage, but it's so much to have a secondary if you can't actually play well with them.

Check up the general opinion on Falco's matchups (or maybe just matchups you find particularly difficult), and search the cast for characters that would cover well.

People may say MK but MK may not provide a large advantage over another character that others potentially could.

Basically, you should research the matchups of all the top/high tiers and choose one. Choosing a lower tier secondary is somewhat futile since they won't really provide excellent matchup coverage (which I suppose is what you're looking for).

Technically it's Marth and Snake, but there are others that can be good. Lucario's not terrible either.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Well, my problem is I don't like Snake at all. MK's not terrible, and neither is Marth. But other than Wolf, I was thinking Wario, because he's useable vs higher tier, I'd consider myself to be good at him, and he's fun as hell.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Hi Falco, boards we at the DK boards are discussing the matchup in doubles with falco and DK so please visit and leave some input from your POV. Also please no "falco is not viable in teams" because yes he usually sucks in doubles but we still got to get a rating on him. But if your too lazy, just post your thoughts in this thread. But if your not here's the link to the teams thread.

DK Teams Thread

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre

answer plzzzzzzzzzzz
Could've sworn I answered this, dunno where my post went :/

So from memory :
-No true combos but excellent frame traps, most useful being >Usmash and >grab depending on percentage.
-Very unsafe and punishable but can be mixed up with SHDLs and SH Dairs

Conclusion : good tool as long as it's unexpected. Good KO setup too.

Now my turn to ask a question !
[collapse=MK frame data thread says that] DTILT
frame breakdown:
1-2 startup
3-4 hitbox out
5-15 cooldown

frame summary:
Hits on frame: 3
IASA frame: 16
Cooldown: 11
Shield hitlag differential: 0
Shield stun: 1
Shield advantage: -11
Shield drop advantage: -4[/collapse]
Does that mean that I can OOS Usmash MK if he Dtilts my shield ?
OOS Usmash is frame 8 when buffered for info.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Well frame data thread says 8 but whatever, it was just to be sure that I wasn't completely misunderstanding the definition of frame advantage.

Thanks for the fast answer.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Maybe pseudo, but DACUS after is legit.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i wanted to know if i could make a thread on useful techniques for bdacus? i hav been practicing this AT ever since it was discovered and its usefulness only with falco on different stages and i hav been using in battle. you may be thinking oh i know how to bdacus too after SHL or SHDL OR reflector but there's more to this AT then alot of people may know. when to use it how to use it and wat stages it works well on i hav been working on a helpful guide(not guide to falco just the AT) and i think it can help every falco main with their game.like it helped me as i hav seen a failed attempted to bdacus will result in a punishment to the face(from experience) so why not use my knowledge to help fellow mains because every bit of knowledge has information that is useful to any and/or everyone.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah just post in the existing ones.

Then when we've all had our fun refining it we make a nice comprehensive thread, lock the old ones, then add nice directories to them in one of the stickies.

Also, if you feel like there's a question about making a new thread etc etc, you could just VM/PM me.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ok, so for a tournament on the weekend, i decided to main falco, and get as much experience as i could with him. I used him in every set until the grand finals, where i got ***** by a nado spamming mk. i had no issues when i switched to snake (my original main), but just have no idea how to beat nado. i figure sh laser is too slow, and grounded laser is horrible. where should i be camping/baiting? how to i approach the mu from this point of view?

swordsaint

Smash Master
grounded laser isn't horrible

perish the thought attila

also, if mk starts using nado a lot. the game all becomes about avoiding nado until you can regain control

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
ok, so for a tournament on the weekend, i decided to main falco, and get as much experience as i could with him. I used him in every set until the grand finals, where i got ***** by a nado spamming mk. i had no issues when i switched to snake (my original main), but just have no idea how to beat nado. i figure sh laser is too slow, and grounded laser is horrible. where should i be camping/baiting? how to i approach the mu from this point of view?
Fair beats tornado at the top better than any of falco's aerials, you could also u smash, down b, or f smash it( f smash is very hard to do). If you're on the ground you can run away from tornado too or jump around it.

Falco's worst match up is Pikachu.

Choice

Smash Champion
you shouldnt really get punished by nado when you try to shine it.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Fair beats tornado at the top better than any of falco's aerials, you could also u smash, down b, or f smash it( f smash is very hard to do). If you're on the ground you can run away from tornado too or jump around it.

Falco's worst match up is Pikachu.
ive actually never thought of fair through the top... is it actually viable to use? id be worried about him sdi-ing out and dairing or something. and down b is something i always forget about. evidently i just need to work on the mu.

thanks.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
ive actually never thought of fair through the top... is it actually viable to use? id be worried about him sdi-ing out and dairing or something. and down b is something i always forget about. evidently i just need to work on the mu.

thanks.

one of my best friends is a mk main after finding out how to beat him he tried a new play style after the chaingrab and wat a guess nado spamming to beat me i always out camp him to win when he started this play style i learned how to win everything dehf said and sd-ing does work when he moving left or right. i usually tap analog stick up and c-stick left or right thats how i get out try to move with the nado then away always works.xD

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
down b comes out in 4 frames.
it the second fastest move in falcos arsenal.
it makes grounded foes trip.
it deflects projectiles.
it has very good range but cant be deflected by moves such as itself.
and we just forget that its there.

Top Bottom