• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

Vlade

Social Outcast
guys i really do want more help in the marth up.

xonar stop being a fail troll ;-;
-Don't approach players like Shaya
-Dthrow a lot
-Try to get behind and short hop dair to pop marth up into a bad position (he doesn't like being above even though he has fair)
-Whenever Marth is dashing, that's a free dash attack or ftilt for you

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
Grabs are imo most useful after the platform cancel. It's really fast and mostly unexpected. I've used it several times at my last tournament.
I think Usmash after platform cancel might also be useful because of the same reason.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I love how BluB is all over the technical stuff. :p

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
Haha, wow. Very nice, BluB. Did you discover this? :o
I haven't seen this done in tourney play before

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
No, this was discovered when Brawl came out but no one was using it, since Mr-R started doing it effectively a few months ago.
This is actually really useful and I wonder why noone was using it before.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
My first tournament, when I started playing falco was 9/107.
Since then I've really improved but I've been only to 2 tournaments with 25-30 people then. I placed 1st on both.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hello Falcos. In what matchups does the opponent rely less on power-shielding the lasers and more on maneuvering around them (jumping or otherwise)? What reflect/absorb moves actually stop laser camping?

Asking here because I fail at MK and power-sheilding so I'm trying to find another character to secondary.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you fail at powershielding just practice.
You can try Wario who airdodges past em and tries to make you commit then punish, or maybe TL and try to outcamp? I haven't had much succes outcamping olimar either.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Guys... I suppose this has been brought up before but I'm too lazy to search for it in 300 pages.

I was in training mode and was doing some random SHDL's. And suddenly I had the idea to hold L to shield while doing the lasers. I realized it actually buffers a shield every time Falco lands, and since you can jump out of shield at any frame, you get to do SHDL just as easily as you do normally. With silent lasers the shield comes out instantly.

Is this possibly useful? Can it potentially pshield any grounded punish on Falco's landing?

I've only noticed this in training mode, never used it in actual games, so this is probably really stupid but I still would like to know your opinions on it.

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
If you fail at powershielding just practice.
You can try Wario who airdodges past em and tries to make you commit then punish, or maybe TL and try to outcamp? I haven't had much succes outcamping olimar either.
My Falco vs. Olimar is definitely one of my worst Match-Ups.
There are definitely some characters that can easily get around Falco's lasers, like Snake, who can crawl for an approach. I'm not sure if ZSS can do this as well. You can also try Pikachu or Sheik.

Guys... I suppose this has been brought up before but I'm too lazy to search for it in 300 pages.

I was in training mode and was doing some random SHDL's. And suddenly I had the idea to hold L to shield while doing the lasers. I realized it actually buffers a shield every time Falco lands, and since you can jump out of shield at any frame, you get to do SHDL just as easily as you do normally. With silent lasers the shield comes out instantly.

Is this possibly useful? Can it potentially pshield any grounded punish on Falco's landing?

I've only noticed this in training mode, never used it in actual games, so this is probably really stupid but I still would like to know your opinions on it.
Hm. I've never really thought of this before. If what you say is true (that the shield buffers every time you hit the ground from a SHDL), it might be really useful in preventing punishes except for grabbing

swordsaint

Smash Master
@king funk. I have actually thought about this before, but never thought to share it because most characters will probably want to punish you as you fall, and not when you land. and grabbing will beat out the shield anyway

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
@shmot: Take a look at the last page of the falco video section. I posted my most recent videos there.

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
Well try it out. It works.

More feedback?
Wouldn't buffering a shield immensely slow down your spam game because you literally stick yourself in your shield for a few frames in between each SHDL? Or did you find a way where you can immediately jump OoS?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I've been watchung a good amount of Falco videos these days, and I wonder why most Falcos end their CG with a Dair instead of a (hyphen) Usmash.

I mean Usmash is better in speed, damage (1% is still 1%) and positioning, so why not use it ?
Of course I'm not talking of CGs that end offstage.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't buffering a shield immensely slow down your spam game because you literally stick yourself in your shield for a few frames in between each SHDL? Or did you find a way where you can immediately jump OoS?
shields can be jumped out of immediatley, so it doesnt waste any frames.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
dair is a pick your preference thing.

with DACUS you get guaranteed damage.

with dair you can get as much as a charged smash afterward, or reset with a grab from reading the chase to get another go. Or a hyphen/DAC usmash.

It's whether you think you can afford the reward or not.

Now for a question I've been having:
Is boost pivot grabbing after dthrow completely inescapable? I've noticed time after time people will SDI -> footstool jump Falco while attempting to do it, so I think it's not possible, but is it a matter of buffering or something?

also:

lately I've been having trouble SDIing the spike after CG properly, and I used to have it consistent. Remind me, is it hold analog in towards the stage + C-stick down + towards the stage right when the spike comes?

pulse131

Smash Ace
hey falco mains.
i didnt really see any kind of falco discussion threads so i just kinda picked this one. im getting the hang of falco, learned some stuff from playing with enoch, and am hoping to get much better. is there some kind of xat or is this the best place to get direct help.
i dont have wifi so im pretyy much limited to people telling me l0ol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
There's a link to a xat in The Bakery (Social Thread)

Not sure how often people use it though. xD

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
How useful do you guys think running off the edge and turning around then lasering is?

It gets the laser a lot lower and you can shoot two and they both hit mk.

Oh another cool thing, I got the laser to shoot right above FD's floor. I could hardly see it.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
something tells me that if i face a pro falco im gonna think twice about turnin around after walkin off a cliff.

BluB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Crazy_Arni
I do that mostly if the opponent is far away.
It's sometimes also good for follow-ups if the opponent is close and both lasers hit really low.

Top Bottom