• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
lmao bored. @NinjaLink- the falco player is Kid. I didnt know u played that color Ike before, i known you to play the gold one

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I kno. I played him in tourney before.

btw bored? Hope ur not referring to me.

Yea, U can hit falco after his second jab. I noticed that weakness awhile ago.

At the first tourneys i used mainly Zelda Ike and Toon Link...really the swordsman. Then i branched out. I usually go for matchups.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

At the first tourneys i used mainly Zelda Ike and Toon Link...really the swordsman. Then i branched out. I usually go for matchups.
your a roy main! get it through your head. Idk ryko is the one doing it and he didn't mention me either maybe he just thinks we suck with Ike =\.

Also I like how you get praise for jabbing and turning around while your getting hit lol.

Kimchi if you read this you always turn around to the direction your being hit from, sort of like if you receive a tiny bit of knock back that moves you 1 pixel.

theeboredone

Smash Legend

I think he meant me LOL. But yea, the ability to attack after Falco's second jab is helpful. However, don't most Falcos do jab -> grab?

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Jab to grab isnt guaranteed with anyone except luigi and falcon. U can jab falco before he grabs u.
This is really good to know. I always play against a Falco and his CG annoys the **** outta me. At least I know that Jab to grab isn't a viable option for him now. Thanks NL.

Also, anyone have any insight Pit's Fthrow to Dthrow against Ike? I'm not sure if its actually a combo or if I'm just slow.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Strange... Recently the Ike boards have been generally idle, this thread isn't posted on too much but its the only one being posted on, except occasionally on stage discussion...

Palpi

Smash Hero
New useful threads are only for new ideas or anything useful. None of that has been found lately so posting in here is the best thing you can do, rather than useless spam threads.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I switched to casual but I'm playing snake more than I play ike now, yeah. I don't need to devote even a fifth of the time that I used to to ike to come up with new and useful stuff with him, time to put it all to use.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
I still main Ike and I'm in East Coast. There are still few of us out there struggling to make ends meat :(

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Not another one. >_< Snake already has enough mainers.....
There are 2 active singles snakes in New York, one's from long island and the other one is still learning as well. We have a very very very diverse roster but we are extremely limited on top tier mains.

I played Ike more than half the time during money matches yesterday because people kept biting at the chance to fight a meh character. I played snake like... 3 times, and 2 of them were in dittos because I enjoy them for some reason.

But as it stands I'm not going into tournaments anyway so it doesn't really matter who I main. I'm learning more by playing snake and developing it than I am playing ike unless it's for a point (played snakeee's zelda in like 8 or 9 matches yesterday with ike, played penta in a ditto, played his friend in a money match, played a few more people too until people started catching on that I wasn't some random.) and as it stands my ike's gotten to a ridiculous level.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
I kinda get where Ryko is coming from. As he said earlier, one character (read: IKE) can't do everything one their own. And plus, his Ike is already a beast. He can afford to learn someone else.

I'm starting to branch out from Ike until I learn some more stuff about the game and improve as an individual. Ike can get real frustrating to use as well. Especially against Falco and Pit.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I still main Ike and I'm in East Coast. There are still few of us out there struggling to make ends meat :(
I'm an Ike main and probably will forever be. Yet, I'm the only Ike main, I believe, in NJ now. (Ussi gave up Ike for Pikachu). NJ sucks, seriously. "New jersey Devils" is so appropriate for the state's tourney scene. So many MKs play here, the best one obviously being Mew2King.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
I'm an Ike main and probably will forever be. Yet, I'm the only Ike main, I believe, in NJ now. (Ussi gave up Ike for Pikachu). NJ sucks, seriously. "New jersey Devils" is so appropriate for the state's tourney scene. So many MKs play here, the best one obviously being Mew2King.
shhhhh, i know what its like being alone with no one to love you and hold you in those cold hard nights *hugs kimchi and whispers* ....i know

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Alukard mains melee!

Nah but for real if you had any desire to take money in brawl we know you're good enough to play an actual good character and do it lol. Maybe I developed an ego or something but really eventually it's like "what good is it when yo uknow any meta knight with half a brain can end you"

Alukard

Smash Hero
Alukard mains melee!

Nah but for real if you had any desire to take money in brawl we know you're good enough to play an actual good character and do it lol. Maybe I developed an ego or something but really eventually it's like "what good is it when yo uknow any meta knight with half a brain can end you"
no u are totally right ... its a shame that he has sooooo many options that seriously u cannot win if they are as good as u ... or better ... especially if they are better lol

but thats why i dont take this game seriously like that because its too too easy to be considered a good player ... LOL

we should play one day again we still haven't done double ike lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
will alukard leave melee and come to brawl for the love of Ike????
definitely not lol ... but i will enter when theres a tourney and i have nothing to do at all ... i'm trying to start playing doubles a lot ... cuz ike is amazing there compared to his singles performance lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
doubles itself is better than singles in brawl. But melee doubles are fun on their own level. Both doubles are mad fun though xD

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Well at one time we had 3 Ike mainers in Alabama, now that two have went to offline tourneys we only have one left. xD Aurorazoni the Offline tourney virgin. x.x Besides that we have a ton of people using high tiers, with the exception of Reflex (Uses PT in Alabama tourneys I heard, and Duschok who mains Ness. ;-; EC needs more Ike love.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
doubles with ike are a lot of fun
and ike can overall survive the longest in doubles:D,well..most of the times lol

he can also cover the ground while another character covers offstage

go team!!! D:
lol?._.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Why is it that most Ike mains second snake?
Is it becuase they both have some similarities?(both manly and played by punishing opponents mistakes?)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Range, Power, Strong close range game. Playing snake is honestly like playing ike but with the ability to actually do something once you send the guy flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom