• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
murphy's law got you.
Didn't it, though? I'm really thinking about just putting that game down for a good while because of that last round. I even had two of the ally soldiers still alive with me and my whole party was at or near full HP (with the exception of Boyd, the best in my party and favorite after Ike, who was at like 34/46 HP).

Bleh. I want a smashfest to cheer me up.

metroid1117

Smash Master
So... about that compilation video...

The Marth boards have released their own video (here). I honestly think that we can produce a better video than they did... we really should get started on this. From the thread that Comboking made, Kirk and Rykoshet are supposed to be in charge of this, but I haven't seen them actually asking for people to submit footage. Does anyone know what's going on with it?

Also, who supports the idea of making a video thread for critiquing videos? The Marth boards have one (here), and I think it works out pretty well for them. I wouldn't mind managing it, since as of late I've had a lot of free time on my hands.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Been preoccupied with uploading crew vids to our other channel, or rather recording them and encoding them.

I need a new SD card before I can do much of anything since if I cant PLAY your replays I cant record them.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If people have their own recording devices, can't they send their clips to you directly, rather than making you go and record before using them?

metroid1117

Smash Master
inconsistent recording quality/aspect ratio.
The words of a perfectionist (meant as a compliment).

Shame though, I usually record replays saved onto my Wii and then delete them... now the most recent replays I have are from late January. I'm assuming this video will be an offline-only project (meaning you'll only use offline footage), right?

Would you mind getting the people at AllisBrawl in on this as well?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note... since it seems like it wasn't seen when I brought it up earlier...

What do you guys think about making a video thread for critiquing videos? The Marth boards have one (here), and I think it works out pretty well for them. I wouldn't mind managing it, since as of late I've had a lot of free time on my hands.

comboking

Smash Master
Don't say that. comboking is always serious.
actually I am not serious 90% of the time online. At school I do when I have to.
Btw I have someone recording my replays. (Some if not all)
I don't know why we could not use both

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryko how should I send my replays to you? (Are sending the files in the SD card a viable method to save wii mail time?)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ryko how should I send my replays to you? (Are sending the files in the SD card a viable method to save wii mail time?)
Can't you just e-mail or upload the BIN file online, and then Rykoshet can copy+paste it to his SD card? I haven't done it before, but I thought it could work because the replays are just data files... right? :confused:

EDIT: Rather than making another post in response to Ussi's below, I'll do this instead.

@myself. Sorry :(.

Kishin

Smash Ace
My excuse for that is I have fail technical skill so I fail, also of course, there's the wi-fi john too. But I still suck, I know that.

comboking

Smash Master
Hey Ryko do you have DivX? Yes they are Metroid. Upload your Bin files to Megauploads.com and provide a link. DO NOT RENAME THE BIN FILES! You might just want to put all the ones you want in a zipped (compressed) folder Ryko or who ever will have to extract the files from the folder and put them in the replay part of the SD card. If you have any questions please ask.

Too much Jab cancelling in that Falco match.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Well, there isn't a critique thread so...

How bad am I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unw99r1-3hM&feature=channel_page
Note: I grab after single jab too much, I know, I'm trying to get off the habit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJLD_FdLQo&feature=channel_page
Note: First time I've ever faced a Jigglypuff (not very many), how the hell do you fight Jigglypuff?
I would usually go into more detail, but I don't do it for Wi-Fi matches because most of the time players are just playing badly because of the lag.

1st match:

There's nothing wrong with going for the jab -> grab, but there is something wrong with performing the standing grab; you just need to run up to your opponent after you jab in order to get the grab off. However, that doesn't mean that you want to always jab -> grab; I personally jab (cancel) -> jab combo most of the time because it gets you some nice, guaranteed damage on most opponents (17%, I think). Most of the time, you got in a hit but failed to capitalize on it properly; you made the attempt at another attack, but you were either too slow or too far away to continue the pressure. Wi-Fi lag can be a major reason here, but going into Training Mode and just working on fluidity helps a lot. Your DI was sloppy at times as well; again, it could be because of lag, but as a tip, you should be holding a direction to DI in any time you leave yourself vulnerable; a competent opponent will be sure to capitalize on your mistake whenever that happens.

Kishin

Smash Ace
I think I'm just bad, period. I honestly try jab -> dash grab but I always end up buffering it wrong cause of fail technical skill. I mean, random F-smashes and my inability to do tilts at time gets me punished. My DI sucks. I finish my jab combos often but now I'm practicing canceling it a lot so yeah.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
jab > dash grab doesn't work, you must do a standing grab. Stop saying you fail. We all failed at one point. We all learn at one point. Keep practicing.

comboking

Smash Master
I played through classic with Ike for fun. And I noticed that the last pic of him he is on the second part of castle siege and the statue of the man is collapsing and Ike is using QD. Meaning he went through the statue. Why did they make QD suck in this game?

DANG YOU SAKURAI!

Kishin

Smash Ace
I guess it's just that it seems I lost my will power to play brawl today. Don't know the cause but I just get tired of playing for some reason. It's not that I got overly owned or anything, I just lost my brawl spirit or something, my determination to continue trying and to get better has disappeared. I think I just need a break.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
I guess it's just that it seems I lost my will power to play brawl today. Don't know the cause but I just get tired of playing for some reason. It's not that I got overly owned or anything, I just lost my brawl spirit or something, my determination to continue trying and to get better has disappeared. I think I just need a break.
oh dude ur begining to sound like a certain person i dont want to name. Its alright its not that serious.

Palpi

Smash Hero
jab > dash grab doesn't work, you must do a standing grab. Stop saying you fail. We all failed at one point. We all learn at one point. Keep practicing.
Jab,jab, dash grab works though. I don't think its completely legit, but I use it more than jab grab, and successfully more too.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
On another note... since it seems like it wasn't seen when I brought it up earlier...

What do you guys think about making a video thread for critiquing videos? The Marth boards have one (here), and I think it works out pretty well for them. I wouldn't mind managing it, since as of late I've had a lot of free time on my hands.
I'm all for this idea. It would help to limit the number of "Rate my Ike" threads. I say go ahead and make one.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol, I haven't been playing Brawl much at all lately either. I just haven't "felt" like playing.

Also, I think I may be progressively getting worse at this game. o_O

Palpi

Smash Hero
I continued to play by quit playing Ike competitively because he is so bad. I have given up trying to be the person who plays the bad character and wins, because it doesn't happen, plus Olimar is super fun.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You are are quitters, you know that right?

I play months with Espy and Sethloth(sp?). The big tournaments around here bring in Freaking Dojo and Santi (who are moving to my city during the summer), Forsaken, and Hylian.

I'm still going to main Ike. Secondaries? Heck ya. But I'm still going to main Ike.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
You are are quitters, you know that right?

I play months with Espy and Sethloth(sp?). The big tournaments around here bring in Freaking Dojo and Santi (who are moving to my city during the summer), Forsaken, and Hylian.

I'm still going to main Ike. Secondaries? Heck ya. But I'm still going to main Ike.
I respect you, and other people should respect you. I will still main despite Spam and M2K dominating my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom