• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
@Yagami and Aurorazoni: Any videos of your matches with Dabuz?
I didn't get any videos this time, something I highly regret. I'll see if I can't get a few videos in a friendlies match or something later on. This guy's Olimar style is very unique. It's not some sort of passive defense style, he's VERY aggressive and I'll be honest: It works.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
.-. sorry I didn't get any videos either.
@Yagami- Aggressive olimars? I thought for the most part olis only camp, throw pikmin and grab.
That's what the majority of them do and I'll be honest and say that those campomars give me less trouble than dabuz's style of Oli did.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's what the majority of them do and I'll be honest and say that those campomars give me less trouble than dabuz's style of Oli did.
Well, you gotta also think about the fact that you are accustomed to a campy Olimar, so you have gained experience in that style. Seeing a good aggressive one threw you off. But like I said, Dabuz is a beast lol.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well, you gotta also think about the fact that you are accustomed to a campy Olimar, so you have gained experience in that style. Seeing a good aggressive one threw you off. But like I said, Dabuz is a beast lol.
It's pretty likely that the style did account for some of my initial mistakes but I certainly don't want to undermine dabuz's skill. He is, as you say, a beast.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You guys lost to my bud ESAM ;o (All Pikachus are buds to each other lol)

At first i was like WTF O_O ESAM is in Florida then i read further back it was online xD

Wifi is trash though. Sadly, but it takes its own skill to be good at... just when someone has a bad connection it sucks.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You guys lost to my bud ESAM ;o (All Pikachus are buds to each other lol)

At first i was like WTF O_O ESAM is in Florida then i read further back it was online xD

Wifi is trash though. Sadly, but it takes its own skill to be good at... just when someone has a bad connection it sucks.
ESAM is a pretty pro Pikachu. He also taught me that CPing Green Greens against a Pikachu is NOT a good idea. :p

I also played Stealth Raptor a few matches before ESAM in the winners bracket who taught me that if I let Pikachu go to Norfair I'm going to have a hell of a time. Stealth is also a VERY pro Pikachu.

I can see why you went Pika, Ussi. It's a pretty fun character. And yeah, I agree with your online comment for the most part. I just play it to get a feel for some playstyles and out of boredom.

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey if i host a huge brawl tourney like i did with melee ... will all u people come ?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Nope I'm going to genesis so that will probably where my travel money goes too this summer along with central texas tournaments. We're all going to genesis though so we're meeting each other there except for like ussi and other scrub ikes =P

Alukard

Smash Hero
*tear*

well i dont know if i will be able to go to genesis ... i hope i can though

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I'm sure a lot of us travel a bit within our region, but I'm not sure how many travel OoS often..

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
We travel OOS all the time, but out of region? lol

The only 2 out of region things I'm still committing to is genesis to play with arturito and I wanna hit chicago for a week to team with kirk, that's pretty much it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I expect some top tier sega genesis consoles over at Genesis...

But seriously, WHOBO for me is gonna be a big step in travelling if I can convince my parents. Maybe if someone paid for me, I'd go out of state xP.

Kimchi, you should post fliers around your city and surrounding cities about a brawl tourny in Fort Lee. Get a venue, and you're good to go. Rykoshet will come. Since he's a celebrity, other people will come >__>.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
boredone, next time there is a Final Smash (this summer), you have to go to it. It's in San Antonio, so you can met me, Shin Ike (doesn't post much, kicked my rear harshly last tournament) and AB there.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
FS6 I hope to attend but definitely not WHOBO a lot of stuff going on at home parents won't let me go.... But I thought of something I want one of you to try and test out on brawl, I don't have a wii because I'm grounded so I would like for one of you to test out if Eruption can spike Fox while he is trying to recover vertically with firefox... See if you can time it just right to knock him back down.... Thank you! =]

EDIT: but wait isn't Final Smash every 3 months? and also this summer I'll be up in NY so as the time comes I'll try and get in contact with you Ryko because I'll be up there for like 2 days and while parents go for sights I might be able to just hang with you and whoever that day...

EDIT2: and I will be in upstate New York so that should be where Rochester is =]

theeboredone

Smash Legend
FS6 I hope to attend but definitely not WHOBO a lot of stuff going on at home parents won't let me go.... But I thought of something I want one of you to try and test out on brawl, I don't have a wii because I'm grounded so I would like for one of you to test out if Eruption can spike Fox while he is trying to recover vertically with firefox... See if you can time it just right to knock him back down.... Thank you! =]

EDIT: but wait isn't Final Smash every 3 months? and also this summer I'll be up in NY so as the time comes I'll try and get in contact with you Ryko because I'll be up there for like 2 days and while parents go for sights I might be able to just hang with you and whoever that day...

EDIT2: and I will be in upstate New York so that should be where Rochester is =]
San lives in Rochester. He has an Ike around the same skill level (higher or lower) as me.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I expect some top tier sega genesis consoles over at Genesis...

But seriously, WHOBO for me is gonna be a big step in travelling if I can convince my parents. Maybe if someone paid for me, I'd go out of state xP.

Kimchi, you should post fliers around your city and surrounding cities about a brawl tourny in Fort Lee. Get a venue, and you're good to go. Rykoshet will come. Since he's a celebrity, other people will come >__>.
I'd go out of a favor to kimchi but there are much better players much closer to him, and there's a large chance I wouldnt actually enter anything.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
If there actually is a venue near here ._.
Anyway... are there any other Ikes in NJ besides Ussi and myself?
@ Ussi: I wish I could but I'd have to know the public transport fee to know how much money I would have to each tourney I go to and the tourney would have to end relatively quickly, because my parents would never approve of me going to a tournament :o.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
I placed pretty well in viridian city tournament, beat a really good falco. I kinda feel muhself getting alot better with Ike. sorry i didnt come to this thread sooner. Arturito, do you have any Ike vids i can take a gander at? :)

metroid1117

Smash Master
Where can I find these videos???

and has someone tested out my idea with Ike yet?
Eruption spiking is very hard to hit with (I personally have never hit with it on purpose); it'd be better to just walk-off DAir Fox if he's coming up straight or even run off the edge and stage spike him with BAir (haven't done that before, but it should work).

I think I play a good Ike, but unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to play any good players offline; the only person I can play with often is my brother, and while he's better than the average casual player, he's not good at all by competitive standards. Regardless, here's my Youtube channel (there's a lot more online videos than offline videos). Here's Kirk's Youtube channel and Rykoshet's Youtube channel. In case you're curious, here's Arturito Burrito's Youtube channel as well.

EDIT: Thanks for the typo alert, Kimchi.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Eruption spiking is very hard to hit with (I personally have never hit with it on purpose); it'd be better to just walk-off DAir Fox if he's coming up straight or even run off the edge and stage spike him with BAir (haven't done that before, but it should work).

I think I play a good Ike, but unfortunately, I don't have the opportunity to play any good players offline; the only person I can play with often is my brother, and while he's better than the average casual player, he's not good at all by competitive standards. Regardless, here's my Youtube channel (there's a lot more online videos than online videos). Here's Kirk's Youtube channel and Rykoshet's Youtube channel. In case you're curious, here's Arturito Burrito's Youtube channel as well.
online videos than offline videos*. Anyway, if you're interested, here's my Youtube Channel as well. It's mostly online matches though.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i seen and played Ryko, he is the best Ike I ever played. I learned alot of muh stuff by watching his vids.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ooooh........very nice crew video there.

And screw it, I don't care if I have to pay my sister to get beaten down by me in a Brawl match, I'm going to find/make a half-decent replay I can send to you.

Granted, I may be going to a tournament on the 21, and may be able to get some film there. I am having a MM against Greyfox most likely, and Espy likes to film MMs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom