• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Can someone else record the match over wifi? I do struggle to have even $10 if I want to go to tournaments, and I'm keeping the money I have because hopefully my parents will be buying me a 360 soon, and I will want to buy a few games obviously. Even if I do get all of that, the only person I can play against without attempting to make it to a tournament is my sister....who doesn't know how to recovery very well, and forgets how to dodge things. She can do Sheik's ftilt lock, but thats about it.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
..... Against other Ikes, then? Because I got a pretty sick clip (and another funny clip lulz) on Slaps the other day. Nothing like that STUPID PS1 video you may have seen before.
yes...that we do...that we do... The lol one was funny but i don't remember which serious one was recorded...was it the one that i got my *** owned or the actual close match?

•Col•

Smash Champion
same here
I have some offline stuff too.
...... Weren't you making your OWN combo video? -_-

@Nidtendofreak: Stop making excuses, lol... D: You could probably even just go to a Library or some public computer place to use a card reader. There are usually card readers on laserjet printers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There are?

Cool, didn't know that.

Ya, I'll probably buy one of those readers soon. Just as soon as I find out if I'm getting a 360 or not....which won't be until at LEAST the end of this week best case scenario. It would be easier if I just had a bunch of wifi battles against someone with the code for the replay length. *hint hint* *shot shot*

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
yes...that we do...that we do... The lol one was funny but i don't remember which serious one was recorded...was it the one that i got my *** owned or the actual close match?
Haha, I'm talking about the 0 to death on Battlefield at the start. (Oh, I also liked the spikes on Smashville, but those aren't what I'm talking about.)
And the funny one was the grounded Aether hitting you out of your recovering Aether four times in a row for the eventual kill. I watched it again today and it gave me the lulz.

comboking

Smash Master
...... Weren't you making your OWN combo video? -_-

@Nidtendofreak: Stop making excuses, lol... D: You could probably even just go to a Library or some public computer place to use a card reader. There are usually card readers on laserjet printers.
its on the back burner right now

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Haha, I'm talking about the 0 to death on Battlefield at the start. (Oh, I also liked the spikes on Smashville, but those aren't what I'm talking about.)
And the funny one was the grounded Aether hitting you out of your recovering Aether four times in a row for the eventual kill. I watched it again today and it gave me the lulz.
I was sandbagging the 0 to death lol.... i think

theeboredone

Smash Legend
There are?

Cool, didn't know that.

Ya, I'll probably buy one of those readers soon. Just as soon as I find out if I'm getting a 360 or not....which won't be until at LEAST the end of this week best case scenario. It would be easier if I just had a bunch of wifi battles against someone with the code for the replay length. *hint hint* *shot shot*
360 is for suckers...like 30% on the gamefaqs poll reported they had to send in their 360 for repairs LOL....

Anyways, the vid and all sounds like a great idea. Kinda sucks how I haven't been saving clips for the past year. A lot of good ones I could have used...

Slaps and Brett...mind being subject to my epicness? xD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Most of my friends have 360s, and the Wii is REALLY lacking in Shooters. MoH:H2 and MP3 isn't enough to hold me out until The Conduit comes out. And CoD:WaW sucks balls from what I understand.

*goes off to see if any of my saved replays are any good*

•Col•

Smash Champion
I heard CoD:WAW was good on the wii

*does what nidtendo is doing
..... I heard CoD:WAW SUCKED on the Wii.

Also, you don't have to go check your replays for something good, trust me you won't find anything.
lol buuurn

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
360 is for suckers...like 30% on the gamefaqs poll reported they had to send in their 360 for repairs LOL....

Anyways, the vid and all sounds like a great idea. Kinda sucks how I haven't been saving clips for the past year. A lot of good ones I could have used...

Slaps and Brett...mind being subject to my epicness? xD
Uh, you never asked before, but has it stopped you so far? :ohwell:
By the way, I want you to watch another video. Not stupid like the last one. Perhaps at PBT?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Uh, you never asked before, but has it stopped you so far? :ohwell:
By the way, I want you to watch another video. Not stupid like the last one. Perhaps at PBT?
If you can link me, I'll watch it whenever I see the next post, or I guess at PBT...

And dang...I think I just entered an Ike-Crisis...I'm not sure how I should be playing my Ike. Everytime I think I got something going, something else happens that totally changes my approach with him...-_-

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Fun Ike Fact #2956: Fthrow to Dash Attack is a combo at the late double digits (~75 to ~105, IIRC). Not the most useful of tricks, especially with Bthrow to Dash Attack bring a combo much earlier, but it's a good thing to know.

Fun Ike Fact #5632: Ike's standing grab hits and ends (if whiffed) at the exact same frame as Ganondorf's, which has the best cooldown in the game.

I've found some other "tricks" in Debug Mode but I think I need some more testing before I reveal them or anything. This isn't me being a jerk or anything I just don't want to be wrong, haha. ;)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If lightweights got combo'd with fthrow to DA at 100% it would kill them I think (at the edge) but I'll assume that range is for heavier chars. I think that would send Link to his dead zone. And maybe Ike too xD

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i just haded a couple of quick questions, sorry if it was on the main page but i tried searching around that wall of text and i think i had a mild stroke. xD

anyway, what frames dose ike get super armor on eruption and aether? also, has anybody tried using aether OoS. it sounds kinda iffy in my head but if someone was right in front of you i could see it doing some decent damage.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
oh, i was looking around that thread and i didn't see it. i guess i'll just look around here in this thread or something when i get around to it.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
sorry i was just thinking...
what is knowing the frames useful for in battle?

i can see how it would be...but..doesn't it all depend on when you think you're opponent is going to approach you?

or is it useful for something else ?:confused:

sorry x_X,just wondering

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i just wanted to know when i was vulnerable so i knew when to launch my attack.
i don't get much practice with ike so it's just easier to be told when things happen instead of finding out on my own (eventually). i'm not too heavy into all the frame data but it comes in handy just to know when everything happens when you hit the buttons.
my two cents xD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hey Yagami, something crazy just popped into my head a little while ago today. Probably crazy and nothing else, but can't hurt to ask.

With B-throw's IASA frames, is QD trap as a follow up usable?

Think about it: After you throw them, if you can get QD up in time, they only have a few options:

1) Tech it, which could possibly be punished by QD, depending when it came out (which is where I'm not sure about things)

2) They don't tech it, and now they have no way to avoid QD assuming the Ike has his timing down perfectly. Roll, get hit, get up, get hit, attack, get hit.

Obviously, Dash Attack is almost always better, but hey, more options is always good. The main thing is: is there enough IASA frames on B-throw for this to be usable? And if there is, what about B-throw -> QD just in front of the opponent -> Jab. Is that doable? (wishful thinking I know)

•Col•

Smash Champion
@Nidtendofreak: More than 95% of the time, a pro will tech the throw. Also, I believe if they roll away from you right away, QD won't reach to them. And if you try to stop if front of them while they're grounded and jab, they still have their get up attack... D:

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Still, if we have enough IASA frames, we can at least get close to them during their tech.

I'm grasping at straws I know, but it just hit me this morning, and it won't leave until I know exactly how worthless this idea is. XD

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hey Yagami, something crazy just popped into my head a little while ago today. Probably crazy and nothing else, but can't hurt to ask.

With B-throw's IASA frames, is QD trap as a follow up usable?

Think about it: After you throw them, if you can get QD up in time, they only have a few options:

1) Tech it, which could possibly be punished by QD, depending when it came out (which is where I'm not sure about things)

2) They don't tech it, and now they have no way to avoid QD assuming the Ike has his timing down perfectly. Roll, get hit, get up, get hit, attack, get hit.

Obviously, Dash Attack is almost always better, but hey, more options is always good. The main thing is: is there enough IASA frames on B-throw for this to be usable? And if there is, what about B-throw -> QD just in front of the opponent -> Jab. Is that doable? (wishful thinking I know)
Bthrow to QD is a highly usable option but only if they aren't in the tumbling animation that happens past 100%. Watch, you Bthrow them at say 0% and that means you have 19 frames to work with. That means that by the time they can act you've got a QD charged and ready to release. If it's past 100%, they can just mash airdodge and screw you over, try it out.

And QD to Jab won't work for many reasons. I'd list them, but just trust me on this one.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
O_O

I actually thought of something semi-intelligent?

*jawdrop*

Okay, for reality: How often can that actually be useful?

Does it ever work with Fthrow as well? Or is there not enough IASA frames on that?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
O_O

I actually thought of something semi-intelligent?

*jawdrop*

Okay, for reality: How often can that actually be useful?

Does it ever work with Fthrow as well? Or is there not enough IASA frames on that?
To be honest I tested this when I was testing the Bowser chaingrab, I simply didn't mention it because the general attitude towards QD here sucks.

Now for reality: If you want to gamble away your guaranteed 14% and instead make it 6+?, go for it. It all depends on YOUR skill.

Fthrow is generally inferior, just go with Bthrow.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
It isn't always a guaranteed 14% from dash attack however. Dash attack only works through a certain range of %. I would imagine that on at least lighter characters that there would be times QD would hit while dash attack wouldn't get there in time due to the distance while still being under 100%......or I'm dreaming again.

And I don't mind that you found this first: I'm just glad I thought of something that makes sense without someone else talking about it first. ^_^

Kishin

Smash Ace
I am unable to get the B-throw -> dash attack combo to work on any character I play against. Maybe it's wi-fi lag or maybe I'm buffering it wrong or something.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Wi-fi.

Theres ya problem. Like, almost nothing works on wifi. >_> Particularly if you have a bad connection.
not true....
not true at all
of course you can't do anything with a bad connection
that's obvious,you cant move

but with a pretty decent connection,it's still great to practice
and figure all that stuff out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom