• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Brawl this time, not ike. For the record m2k made your character look like a ****ing joke and he won anyway. All you need to win this game is a rep big enough to make people play like morons. No amount of practice, time, thought, effort, or whatever will cause anyone in this community to beat him, because in the end we're still afraid to.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Was that your primary reason? I'm saddened, but if you're adamant (+Atk -SPatk), nothing I can do to change your mind.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No one is even cares to watch M2K anymore. Most people are interested in the other matches.

I think we should all convert to brawl+

EDIT:

Guys, do OoS dair. It *****.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Brawl this time, not ike. For the record m2k made your character look like a ****ing joke and he won anyway. All you need to win this game is a rep big enough to make people play like morons. No amount of practice, time, thought, effort, or whatever will cause anyone in this community to beat him, because in the end we're still afraid to.
Did m2k just joke around with Ike and get first or something? Anyways, I'm sad to hear that you're quitting Brawl. I hope you reconsider.

On another note, guys, Ike can CG big guys with Bthrow like once on sloped terrain and he can also Bthrow to Ftilt the larger ones. Food for thought. I'll retest tomorrow but it's situational stuff that isn't even that useful.

Palpi

Smash Hero
M2k got first in the low tier tourney. Bowser was in the low-tier tourney for some reason. Ike and Bowser shouldn't imo, though I did chaingrab the bowser to 60% a couple times.

What Ryko said is true, concerning the rep thing lol. the only advanced thing he knows is jab grab, which i didn't see him do. And people that beat me (Kai's sonic and Yes's captain falcon) would just get destroyed by him. It was a very sad day because I am also finding a new main, realizing that Ike is by far my best character, and I do better with characters that i suck with like Marth lol. It turned into a throw away for ike double blind picking and getting a bad match up. Kirby maybe :)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Dang it, link to tournament results threat so I can yell at M2K for causing one of Ike's best mains to quit by cheating in a low tier tournament.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Dang it, link to tournament results threat so I can yell at M2K for causing one of Ike's best mains to quit by cheating in a low tier tournament.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223745

There's no use, you can't defeat Airman.

Man, I love that wierd song.

Edit: Wow, not only did M2K get a better not maining Ike, so did Malcom and Inui.

Let's plan an Ike boards attack. :D

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Don't leave Ryko. We need you here man.

M2K needs to let someone else win for a change. To be honest I think he's beatable (not by me maybe) but people are too afraid of him to play at their best like Ryko mentioned earlier. Look how close Dojo came at CoT4. It can be done. All we need is one person to take him out in a tourney and the entire Smash community would be better off imo.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Didn't you just a week or two ago post your long road to achieving what you have in Brawl? That was an inspiration to several people here, I'm sure, including me.

What is it going to say when you just up and quit like that, without a moment's hesitance, and just because, oh, heaven forbid, M2K won a tourney?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
no, what we need is a group to be on top, not one person, that way its exciting watching the finals cause you never know who would win when the two in the finals go even. Heck if its a group you wouldn't know who will make it to the finals. M2K defeats the purpose. We are more interested in who makes top 8.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Its not the fact that M2K won thats making him quit. Its the way in which he got through people by instilling fear in them due to his oh so massive rep.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
your mad because inui and m2k can do better with Ike than you can ryko? Azen and NL probably can do better with Ike too just because they are smarter players than you with more experience and they don't main him either. Keeping a kool head in matches is part of winning at tournaments if you have a rep and intimidate people then thats going to help you win.

It's not like m2k just decided to pick up the character and **** with him, he has used him before.

Alukard

Smash Hero
ryko i told u it would be a matter of time bro ... in order to play this game with ike u would have to have tons of money to blow on it ... because u wont win a tourney and then when its a low tier tourney everyone is playing the character u main ... and well u kno the rest of the story lol ... u can never quit a smash game but u can stop playing as much as u used to

dont wry tho ... u wont be horrible when u play the next time ... i mean i was about as good as i was when i was beasting at w2z right ?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
your mad because inui and m2k can do better with Ike than you can ryko? Azen and NL probably can do better with Ike too just because they are smarter players than you with more experience and they don't main him either. Keeping a kool head in matches is part of winning at tournaments if you have a rep and intimidate people then thats going to help you win.

It's not like m2k just decided to pick up the character and **** with him, he has used him before.
You ignored what marauder said. He did nothing of worth with the character. Inui actually played smart with ike, albeit not fancy or anything. I'll just tell you what I said to inui about it.

I just found it completely disheartening to see otherwise smart players do ridiculously dumb **** against Jason on the sole virtue that he is who he is. Malcolm got to me in low tiers, decided "alright I gotta take him serious", went sonic, and played me like he should always play. He got to jason and honestly let him get away with dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb stuff, and not even dumb unexpected stuff like keitaro used to pull off before people realized he did the same **** all the time. I sat there audibly calling out which moves he was going to use and when and was only pissed at myself for not being able to beat malcolm to take jason's honestly pretty **** pathetic ike out. I was ticked off that I got to kai and suddenly his mind was clear when he fought me but the mere presence of m2k caused him to play dumb. Blue lost because he approached, at what point has blue ever in his life actually taken anything but the passive role in a match? In a sense you could call it jealousy because I wish I had the ability to will people into playing like complete morons. All in all I'm really ticked that all the time, effort, trips, practices, thought, research etc meant nothing because the bottom line is that if you can scare someone to playing like they've never seen the character before their mind will be too clouded to realize "he's gonna quick draw for the 9th time out of the 9 times he's been thrown off the stage". I quick draw to recover out of choice maybe once every 3 matches and I can say that half the time it gets punished.

By result, both your ike and jason's did better than me and this might just be ego talking but I honestly dont consider either to be better than mine. Hell, I considered your ike way better than jason's and even so in the end it becomes inherently harder for us because people aren't scared out of playing properly. We don't get people running into fully charged eruptions, etc. I cant stand this game while everyone willingly causes themselves to sandbag against someone who doesnt need the ****ing help
I'm not mad that m2k won a tourney, I'm mad at why he won. It wasnt like he mindgamed people to run into his smashes etc, it's not like he took some wild departure that no one had seen before. His ike makes RoK's look advanced and I swear to god if anyone even thinks for a second that I'm wrong on this you're free to ask anyone who just watched him play the character. I only wish I wasn't so angry at the point I left that I could have just sat down and taken out that JOKE of an ike just so I could turn to people and be like "WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU". I'm also kind of put off by the idea that despite the fact that this game has put me into various degrees of frustration and anger before that I was so mad that I wanted to punch a wall, and nothing short of things that actually matter should ever get someone that mad.

Note that when spam beat me in an ike ditto I did not remotely mind, I got outplayed.

Jesus christ I wish it were that ****ing easy.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
geez Ryko :\ That story is so discouraging. It makes me want to quit cause it seems like there is no fun future for brawl.

Alukard

Smash Hero
geez Ryko :\ That Story Is So Discouraging. It Makes Me Want To Quit Cause It Seems Like There Is No Fun Future For Brawl.
There Isn't ...

Brawl Is Fun When Theres No Money On The Line ...

At A Tourney Brawl Is Strictly Out Gaying Ur Opponents ... Seriously .. Unless U Have A ****ty Competitive Scene

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I'm not all that surprised by this cause it has happened in other competitive communities. The man on top will more than likely stay there because the rest of the players are afraid of the fact that "I'm fighting against #1". "I'm not ready for this yet." and other **** always come into play. People need to grow a pair and realize that M2K is just another player. Albeit prolly a more experienced player, but a player nonetheless. He can lose, he can be frustrated and he can LOSE. Don't be afraid of him. Thats why I appreciate players like NL, Azen, Dojo and Ryko who realize that M2K is human and can be beaten.

You may think that I'm all talk and that actions speak louder than words. I accept that I'm a newb to Smash and would prolly get 4-stocked by M2K in a 3 stock match but I've been in other competitive scenes long enough to know that a man's stranglehold on the rest of a community can't last forever. People just need to stand up to them.

Lastly, Ryko if you wanna quit, thats on you. I respect your decision and I can understand (somewhat) your frustrations. Thanks for all the great things you've done for the Ike boards.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
>_> When I was playing gay with Pikachu, people stopped playing me for the day <_<

Yea, brawl is no fun. I wasn't even having fun when i was playing to win.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So what I'm getting from this is that people got intimidated...that's stupid. I don't believe in intimidation as it makes you worse. Whenever I play a person who is better against me on paper, I take it to them. You gotta be willing to take it to him and play either at your usual level or a higher level. This actually does piss me off, because you see all the time in sports where an upset is pulled off, because the players always go on in believing that they can win. It's a shame to see that competitive brawl players don't go in with that same belief, rather the thought "Oh here we go again".

If you're gonna play like **** against someone who is better than you, then don't bother showing up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I get excited playing someone better than me. That's me though. I love the challenge and strive to get better. As You are only as good as the people you play.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
hmm... I highly doubt that fighting m2k caused people to run into fully charged eruptions. I'm pretty sure its that they where using characters they had never used in a competitive scene before and didn't actually know how to go about things.

Fighting M2K probably just added to that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure its that they where using characters they had never used in a competitive scene before and didn't actually know how to go about things.
You're about 80000000000% wrong, he played 4 sonic mains and someone who mained jiggly for a huge portion of the time they played brawl.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
No. And that RoK 3 stock vid is stupid. There were so many chacnes for that other Ike to kill RoK that it pissed me off to the ends of the earth...and why are you showing such an old vid of you? No point in critiquing that ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAiPTJbzpw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom