• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
stop spamming the stupid thread. Comboking don't be so literal all the time. And the rest of you and comboking should stop bickering at each other.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Colaya, comboking was being literal with what Ryko said.
Yes, I know, but....

I thought you guys would understand
but you did not
check the page before this one
I thought you would read The page before this
I did read the previous page, and Ryko only said this:

His[M2K's] ike makes RoK's look advanced and I swear to god if anyone even thinks for a second that I'm wrong on this you're free to ask anyone who just watched him play the character.
But comboking posted this...

We don't need videos, we all know how bad RoK was. And if you're trying to ask and think that your Ike is better than M2K's, then just forget it. I don't care how bad his Ike was, there's no way his is worse than yours.

God, comboking's posts are so hopeless. -____-

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Eh let's just drop it lol. Point is, m2k intimidates people that causes his opponents to do dumb ****. I think M2k is intimidating us right now, making us type up stupid posts. So let's not get intimidated guys.

Anyways, sad to hear that Ryko is quitting Brawl...he was my rival that never was...gotta admit though, the game is stupid in terms of competitiveness since only 2 characters have a shot at winning major tournies...

Let's all just go to street fighter...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
God, comboking's posts are so hopeless. -____-
I wouldn't say that, I would just say that he takes things much too literally. That, coupled with one liner posts that generally can't cover much, leads most people to think very poorly of him. Comboking, some tips:

Try to make your posts contain relevant info and not be one liners. Also, even though this is online, periods at the end of a sentence are always appreciated.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh-oh, you better watch out comboking... New Smashboards rules have been posted... And it concerns you.

MLG_JV said:
* One-line post, no substance - 1 point, 1 week length
If you don't start fleshing out your posts, I'm going to report you for every single one. D:

Anyway.... Yeah, on-topic.... You know those videos I was going to get of my Ike this weekend? >_>;; Yeah well... I never got any. Had too many things to do.....

Maybe I'll get a few next week while I'm on spring break...

Aurorazoni

Smash Journeyman
Uh-oh, you better watch out comboking... New Smashboards rules have been posted... And it concerns you.

If you don't start fleshing out your posts, I'm going to report you for every single one. D:

Anyway.... Yeah, on-topic.... You know those videos I was going to get of my Ike this weekend? >_>;; Yeah well... I never got any. Had too many things to do.....

Maybe I'll get a few next week while I'm on spring break...
lol, xD I didn't think short post were such a big deal. :x Oh well.

Is this RoK guy on AiB? If he is bad why does he and others refer to him as "The Best Ike Alive"? Or is this the same sarcasm used in the R.I.G incident?

•Col•

Smash Champion
lol, xD I didn't think short post were such a big deal. :x Oh well.
One-line posts normally aren't a big deal.

2000+ one-line posts is a big deal.

Is this RoK guy on AiB? If he is bad why does he and others refer to him as "The Best Ike Alive"? Or is this the same sarcasm used in the R.I.G incident?
Uh... Not sure if he's on AiB.... And he's not THAT bad, it's just he's not nearly as great as he thinks he is. He calls himself "The Best Ike Alive"; If anyone else calls him that, they are just most likely mocking him.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
to understand the RoK incident You need to have been on the Ike boards when brawl came out.

Basically he was good at that time but he never progressed while the rest of us did. Plus it was wifi too.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Uh... Not sure if he's on AiB.... And he's not THAT bad, it's just he's not nearly as great as he thinks he is. He calls himself "The Best Ike Alive"; If anyone else calls him that, they are just most likely mocking him.
Yeah RoK is on AiB and last i talked to him he says he has gotten much better then when i played him... and when i played him i got my *** kicked... no suprise there considering I'm not very good YET but I haven't played him since the first of February... The best Ike alive thing came from some AiB award thing that he showed me at DPhat's which claimed him as "The Best Ike Alive" which I would guess after him seeing that caused him to become the cocky son of a ***** we all know and love haha

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I just have a simple question for some. Did people who use smash cstick implement walk off dair yet?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
They did a while ago. It's pretty hard to pull off though. You have to gently hold the forward down diagonal on the control stick and then flick your C-Stick down. It's more suited for running walkoff Dairs rather than hanging on the ledge walkoff Dairs. Takes some practice to pull off.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sorry if I was lacking details in my post. I know they learned how to do it a while ago in this topic, but other than a few posts, I never really read much of anything nor do I see it in any vids of Ikes who're known to use smash stick.

My question concerned how useful it was for them in actually implementing it or using it mid-match. It only took me a couple minutes to learn how to do it without too much error, so it can't be *too difficult to try to use in actual matches under pressure given a bit of time.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Feb 23rd

(3:09:07 AM) Ryko: I kinda want to do an ike board compilation but
(3:09:39 AM) Ryko: Idk
(8:34:51 AM) Kirk: what do you mean by ike board compilation?
(8:34:51 AM) Ryko <AUTO-REPLY>: I'm not here right now
(12:39:39 PM) Ryko: like a video of all the ikes instead of just one of us
(1:05:02 PM) Kirk: aaah
(1:05:14 PM) Kirk: yeah that'd be neat...didn't ussi have that idea for the IDC?
(1:05:26 PM) Ryko: Yeah I think so
(1:06:15 PM) Kirk: but it might be possible
(1:06:16 PM) Kirk: to...
(1:06:22 PM) Kirk: post in the ike forum
(1:06:28 PM) Kirk: and get more support?
(1:07:06 PM) Ryko: I already have vids of myself malcolm and ninjalink, I'd need to grab replays from like you, ren, san, metroid, silven, kimchi, etc.
(1:07:41 PM) Kirk: oohhh
(1:07:43 PM) Kirk: yeah...
(1:07:44 PM) Kirk: that...
(1:07:49 PM) Kirk: can be settled in PMs methinks
(1:07:51 PM) Kirk: or AIM
(1:07:51 PM) Kirk: or w/e
(1:07:55 PM) Ryko: yeah
(1:08:10 PM) Kirk: i assume newer stuff would be better
(1:08:21 PM) Ryko: yeah, just the most unique looking stuff
(1:08:45 PM) Kirk: i don't think anything I do looks...cool... or anything lol
(1:09:10 PM) Ryko: eh just unique, doesn thave to be woahmg amazing looking, just stuff that shows our distincst playstyles
It's more like phone tag than actual conversations

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
No, against anyone. Preferably against other characters, and preferably not over wifi. Of course, for people like me, wifi might be the only option if we are going to get into the video...

Nice to know others were thinking the same thing however. XD. I'll see if Espy can film the next friendly he plays against me, hopefully something cool will happen on my end....

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
..... Against other Ikes, then? Because I got a pretty sick clip (and another funny clip lulz) on Slaps the other day. Nothing like that STUPID PS1 video you may have seen before.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you want to put me in there, you could just rip whatever I have on youtube. All my matches are offline but in January. But up to you. Doubt i'd be getting anything recorded anytime soon. [And I guess if you guys still have something against me for leaving Ike you don't have to include me]

good luck with the video Ryko.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sorry if I was lacking details in my post. I know they learned how to do it a while ago in this topic, but other than a few posts, I never really read much of anything nor do I see it in any vids of Ikes who're known to use smash stick.

My question concerned how useful it was for them in actually implementing it or using it mid-match. It only took me a couple minutes to learn how to do it without too much error, so it can't be *too difficult to try to use in actual matches under pressure given a bit of time.
Well, I've been using walk off D-Air for a looong time using the C-Stick set to Tilts and not smash. I recently started practicing using walk off's without the C-Stick and using the Analog stick. For the most part, I think I've got it down, but it is truly a different story when applying it to a real match. You are not concentrated as much on how to perform the walk off d-air, rather, when your opponent is going to be in position for it. After that, you have to make your decision, hurry and do the walk off if you don't want to mess up. I've tried it a few times in game and it hasn't worked out well. I think it just takes some kind of muscle memory or something lol. Again, I haven't even perfected it in training yet.

As for this Ike Board compilation video...I'll set the CPU to Level 1 and show off my awesome skill.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'd rather get the replay files from people and do it myself tbh, annotations or text on the side make it easy to put any name I want, butlow quality video would bug the hell out of me. Right now im doing a ZB vid so it's still in the bouncing ideas off of kirk phase.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Oh.

In that case, I'll need to find someone who lives close enough for "good" wifi matches, and set the time limit to 3 minutes and fight them as Ike in hopes of something good happening...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh.

In that case, I'll need to find someone who lives close enough for "good" wifi matches, and set the time limit to 3 minutes and fight them as Ike in hopes of something good happening...
Or you can use homebrew with ocarina and get unlimited replay time =)

Oh and remember...the purpose of a montage is not to show the strength of your opponent...it's to make your character look good. While it would help to see you pummel a well known person in the Smash community, in the end, if it's just a replay, no one would know =)

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
Thing is, people play differently under pressure. For a input as delicate as a walkoff Dair using the Default C-Stick, pressure screws people up and they fastfall to their deaths. I'm pretty sure that most people however have implemented it into their gameplay though, with a lot of practice of course. However, keep in mind that it does take more effort than the tilt stick to pull off a walkoff Dair. So don't try implementing it into your gameplay unless you're absolutely sure you can pull it off.
Edit: As for the Ike board video, sadly I can only play Wi-Fi at the moment so I don't think I could be in the video :o.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Only online replays are saved on my wii because I don't bring my wii to tourneys.. I do have 400+ replays, so clips from like 1 could be used if good enough I would guess. Most of it would probably be kirk, ryko, arturito and others who have many offline matches of themselves recorded if we did this.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Or you can use homebrew with ocarina and get unlimited replay time =)

Oh and remember...the purpose of a montage is not to show the strength of your opponent...it's to make your character look good. While it would help to see you pummel a well known person in the Smash community, in the end, if it's just a replay, no one would know =)
No homebrew for me. I have a mac, and people are too lazy to make it work with mac. And I lack an SD card reader. So I would have to face someone who had that hack.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well niddo they don't cost much, try going to circuit city if it's still there on its mega closing sales. Or go to best buy and buy two 2 gigs for 20 bucks.

^What he said, I read the post wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom