• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wow, so many faulty things were just said, I can't even keep up with them........

In short, Nys and KID, keep in mind how very long it takes to evolve drastically like that.

GP (this post calling out "faulty" is mainly directed to you)---- Just... just..... WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wow, so many faulty things were just said, I can't even keep up with them........

In short, Nys and KID, keep in mind how very long it takes to evolve drastically like that.

GP (this post calling out "faulty" is mainly directed to you)---- Just... just..... WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
eh? how so? im not saying we're all gonig to end up as some kind of skinny em kids, i'm jsut pointing that that natural selection is still a large part of hman nature, and therefore so is evolution. apparently i did a bad job of pointing out my original intention

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Anyone here in Houston? I might... Be around sometime in July.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
July 10 is the earliest day I'll be leaving for Houston =(. If I go there early I'll have a few extra days free time before my cousin's marriage.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Haha. I remember this.

So, I was playing Brawl with my friends (one brought their Wii to my house). I noticed myself that my reads were getting better, but I still fall for stupid things (e.g.: My friend mains Snake, and I get hit by the guided missile thing). So I can say myself that I'm improving bit by bit. So thanks to you guys and this board so far.

EDIT: Look at what I ran into in Facebook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nyKBLOP0U

pinoymk

Smash Rookie
huh that shouldve bn my first post, thanking u guys .I can definitely say ive improved a ton and its shows against my friends xD.so ya big thanks to the all the ike mains in this board.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Im Such a loser for hardly ever posting here i could lear so many great things here at the ike boards my ike still has mountains to climb but right now i've been getting good acclaim i just wish i wasn't so ignorant to this board im definetely going to have to post here more often >_>

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jam, no offense but if hes using the missile then he's doing something horribly wrong
his box is a better edgeguarding tool than the missile against ike, its that bad.

also i am cinfuz, is pinoy and jam the same person? i swear pinoy just continued jam's post

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
In about 2 weeks, San will be in Houston, Tx. This time, there will be no monopoly money. This time, there will be no crowd. THIS TIME, there WILL be BLOOD!

San vs Xyro: Rematch!

Should i make another thread for this(LMAO)? You know you guys had fun with it last time.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
@GP: Yeah I know he's doing something wrong, he doesn't even spam grenades. I myself believe he can beat me, but he doesn't really play competitively. I even tried to tell him about this site, but he doesn't feel like checking. And also, no we are not the same person. But we are filipino :p

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
In about 2 weeks, San will be in Houston, Tx. This time, there will be no monopoly money. This time, there will be no crowd. THIS TIME, there WILL be BLOOD!

San vs Xyro: Rematch!

Should i make another thread for this(LMAO)? You know you guys had fun with it last time.
Xyro, if you're going to take on San again, how about facing me as a penultimate battle at Phase 10?

Also, Brett, would you be able to house 5 people from Kansas this Phase? No one seems to be stepping up to the plate...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It probably won't be necessary. I'm mainly visiting for family reasons. I have to be sure of where I'm staying/what's going on each day so I can secure a day at least for brawl =)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Yeah, as long as it's not much more than that. Not a big apartment. PM or VM me and I'll give you the info you need. I'm like maybe a fifth of a mile off I35, so that should be right on your way, yes?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@GP: Yeah I know he's doing something wrong, he doesn't even spam grenades. I myself believe he can beat me, but he doesn't really play competitively. I even tried to tell him about this site, but he doesn't feel like checking. And also, no we are not the same person. But we are filipino :p
ouh okay, it seemed a little wierd for a bit
anywayz, if he dont want to play for realas then i gues you cant force him ,its nice to buid up your own community locally.
helps to build up a nice little rivalary too

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
To be honest, I forgot about it. It was more productive posting my thoughts about the game here, anyways.

My biggest concern right now is shield push from Ike's attacks. Some of his powerful moves should push the shields, especially on some characters, a noticeable distance. I'm just curious of how reliable this can be. I wonder if there is a code for infinite shield..

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
To be honest, I forgot about it. It was more productive posting my thoughts about the game here, anyways.

My biggest concern right now is shield push from Ike's attacks. Some of his powerful moves should push the shields, especially on some characters, a noticeable distance. I'm just curious of how reliable this can be. I wonder if there is a code for infinite shield..
What's the main question here, then?

Are we trying to find out just how much shield push (in some arbitrary distance) that each one of Ike's moves generates? Or are we trying to see what possible shield push mechanics could lead to combos on certain characters? For example, Up Smashing a character on a battlefield platform that has a poor get up / tech roll can lead to a free Fsmash due to shield push, for example.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Looking at how important an aspect shield push can be when looking at the viability of certain move. I'm really paying attention to the way Ike can space certain moves against some characters and the viability of using certain moves like ftilt. How well it needs to be spaced, etc, especially considering Ike has one of the best jabs in the game, too.

I've been thinking about this for a while, even though it will obviously take a lot of time.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Just to toss this out there: I haven't been jabbing much lately. Someone suggested to me that if I get the stock lead, I should punish everything with the full jab combo. Then I proceeded to tell him about the damage output of the full jab combos: 16-15-15-14-13. If one manages to get five full combos on an opponent, his/her damage can exceed 70. Two more jab combos (depending on the character) and s/he is in kill range. Of course, this is an experiment worth trying.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So, you're trying to jab more? Just a little confused what you meant by not jabbing as much lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
some moves that normally would be retardedly unsafe, like sonics f smash for example. can be much more safe, since due to the increased power during the charge it will push many character away too far back to punish.

This also works with lucarios f smash. and is part of the reason it used to be so unpunishable.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Other than powershielding, which I can't do on Wifi, is there anything I need to know against pit? I played a pretty good pit last night over wifi, cloudfox, and seemed to have a bit of trouble, though I won 4 of 10 or so.

Pit's jab was really annoying, for ever reason and his up=b shenanigans FF bullcrap was getting me too much. Luckily I was recovering well and only got gimped once.

Oh, and lately I have been finding myself ftilting more than usual..I have a lot more respect for the move.

Palpi

Smash Hero
He jabbed me and I SDI'd out and fsmashed..that was relieving, but yeah trying to jab cancel pit too much doesn't work, because he will get in the wind hitbox and i won't connect with the later hits of jab combo. I was much better off just doing a normal jab combo.

Wifi irritates me because I find myself having trouble turning around and jabbing, which obviously isn't a problem offline.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
isn't pit like in the same MU range as falco like 30-70 or something if they decide to super camp. good job on beating them 4 times
Falco has a much better camping game than Pit because AC lasers and phantasm. If Pit decides to play super campy it will definitely be a challenge, but Falco playing super-campy can arguably be impossible to beat, based on how careful he is with his phantasms and whether or not he can get KO moves off on you.

:034:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The only character the gimps Ike to hell and back is MK. Otherwise you aren't recovering right. Ike has ways to avoid being gimped all the time (emphasis on all the time, I just mean he can be gimped but Ike can avoid it more often than not)

Falco's spam isn't impossible even if done right. Pit's spam is significantly slower, aims higher than Ike ducking (non influenced and Ike ducks during usmash) and has no hitbox Close up.

Ike vs Bowser

you can CG to 45%ish with bthrow from 0% dunno what 0% you lose CGability but it's a minor factor really. Bowser can UpB out of jab cancels that aren't jab 1 > jab 1 but it's very unsafe for him

you don't want to get grabbed by bowser. He has a short grab range so you can play a good don't get grabbed game. His klaw grab does 18% fresh and builds damage. Bowser's fire breath does get in the way of aether on the way up NOT on the way down. So space aether to avoid fire breath for minimal damage.

Jabbing Bowser's shield means eating an UpB OoS. Grab if you expect a shield. Spacing nair and fair is safe from it but only if spaced properly.

Fair outranges everything bowser has and jab cancels give bowser so much damage due to his size.

Lastly, run off counter to aether is how to edgeguard bowser (just like DK)

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
Im sorry to say but the only matchups im having trouble with is Snake and ROB. Snakes that grendade spam and ROBs that also do the same similarities as camping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom