• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
lulz @ Ike's awesome linear recovery in RC.
Okay, but first I'll prioritize transferring stuff I got from spending Wii Points, which are several songs for GH:WT and Super Mario RPG. After that, I'll try to convince my dad to get Homebrew. Do texture hacks (character and stages) and songs damage the Wii?
Texture hacks and songs don't hurt the Wii, but it will be a tad more complicated to load that stuff if you are using a usb loader. It's not that hard to set up homebrew, just find a guide via google, and you should be good to go.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Texture hacks and songs don't hurt the Wii, but it will be a tad more complicated to load that stuff if you are using a usb loader. It's not that hard to set up homebrew, just find a guide via google, and you should be good to go.
well yeah it would be all fine and dandy if my wii let it work, honestly, i cant get texture hacks and stuff, i can get homebrew, but try to load up brawl via gecko and it dies TT_TT

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ooh you need homebrew/gecko for that? i'd only get that stuff just for that code mod

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
ooh you need homebrew/gecko for that? i'd only get that stuff just for that code mod
Yah, you need to be running Gecko through Homebrew to use codes like that. There are apparently ways to get similar effects (like infinite replays, etc...) without Homebrew, but I have no idea if that's true, what the other ways are if it is, and whether or not it's damaging to your system.

:034:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
The locals here tell Ike mains that if they're being sent horizontally, they should just air dodge and immediately double jump. If they're being sent vertically, however, a b-air or a d-air followed by a fast fall usually works well.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I was surfing on AiB (RAD D00D!), and I decided to visit New York Shark's page. I found a lengthy debate, and him johnning about DDD's CG. Same could be said on some of his ladder comments.

-End Stalking-

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lolwut, I purposely act like a douche on the ladder, cause why not? It's fun to provoke people. I used to take the ladder seriously, now I just go there when I'm super bored. I just debated with that person cause she brought it up and I had no idea who she was.

You can't really take what I say in a debate seriously, I play DA a lot, which is why I got into the DH in the first place.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lolwut, I purposely act like a douche on the ladder, cause why not? It's fun to provoke people. I used to take the ladder seriously, now I just go there when I'm super bored. I just debated with that person cause she brought it up and I had no idea who she was.

You can't really take what I say in a debate seriously, I play DA a lot, which is why I got into the DH in the first place.

Wifi skill and offline skill are similar. You should take ladder seriously.

Mr. Doom, I like the green band on your arm. You should wear it to tournies. It brings light to your dark skin.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wifi skill and offline skill are similar. You should take ladder seriously.
The skill is similar, the lag deaths and random nonsense are what turn me away from it.

And wow, I want to try Brawl Soccer now. Adding it to my list of things to do at smashfests along with Duelist.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Even if you're joking, that actually wouldn't be a bad idea at all (lols would be plentiful), but is there an easy way to get that stage playable without Balanced Brawl? It'd suck for people without Homebrew too because they wouldn't be able to participate at all.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I have the code that's let others play on it whether or not they have hacked wiis. They don't need any codes either:
Code:
Wifi-Waiting Room
4A000000 81000000
3253CDDC 01010101
305E25C4 00000036
145E25DC FFFFFFFF
E2000001 00000000
305E25DC FFFFFFFF
145E25D8 00000037
E2000002 80008000
The person using the code is required to host and has to pick random until the stage shows up in-game.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The person using the code is required to host and has to pick random until the stage shows up in-game.
Is it possible to set it up so only that stage can appear on random? I guess even if not then you could set up only one other possible stage so you'd have a 50/50 chance of getting it on the first try. I'll definitely do that after the tourney.

What exactly do I do with the code though? I've only downloaded entire mods so far (a mod pack that included a ton of textures and Brawl-) so I wanna make sure I use this code correctly.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
When you have that code on and pick random for a stage, you automatically choose that stage. But since it's on wifi, other players can't choose the stage, so a few retries will happen. It's not much of a problem since the person who get's their stage will eventually be the one who picked the wifi room.

Just copy and paste that code into your text file(not the GCT file) that has all your codes(idk if you did this already but its recommended to have a text file that has all the codes you use regularly) and then you open that text file with Code Manager. Code Manager is what takes those numbers on the text file and compiles it into a GCT file.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
When you have that code on and pick random for a stage, you automatically choose that stage. But since it's on wifi, other players can't choose the stage, so a few retries will happen. It's not much of a problem since the person who get's their stage will eventually be the one who picked the wifi room.

Just copy and paste that code into your text file(not the GCT file) that has all your codes(idk if you did this already but its recommended to have a text file that has all the codes you use regularly) and then you open that text file with Code Manager. Code Manager is what takes those numbers on the text file and compiles it into a GCT file.
Ah okay, thanks dude, that sounds simple enough. I already downloaded Code Manager but never actually used it.

Canadians cannot understand tech talk Red-X. You've wasted your efforts. All your bases belong to us.

You gotta be able to break it down for them. Like this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rD5AskvHWc
Lmao, that vid was excellently informative. I have learned things today. :)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im jsut going to look away and pretend i understood that
do not like the wii for hacking anymore, its impossible to do it on uk wii's i swear

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
well ill have to wait on that code though, did the wii system update last night

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Kansas voted to fire a whole lot of teachers, and the unions revolted. I think they need to rate unions, not teachers.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think they need to rate teachers, not students. Do you know what's been happening with the Texas Board of Education?
Nope. But I do know that the students back in highschool around here were fairly...stupid. One kid in my sister's class couldn't find Russia on the map in geography. Which brings up the question: why is your country's geography considered highschool level work? We did that in grade 3 back in Canada. Geometry is also about grade 7 or 8, instead of grade 10. The list goes on.

The rating is the entire school system, so it does cover the teachers and unions as well. Americans need to catch up to our level of education. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And yet we have much higher rated students. 5th in the world for math compared to the US's sad 25th.

/takingajokeseriouslykindanotreally
I'm sorry you're so hurt about my stereotype, you can go back into your igloo now. Want some maple syrup with it too? Oh, and I'll be sure to feed your pet polar bear some too on the way out.

Edit: Out of the 4-5 Canadian people I know, 2 of them have beards (niddo and a personal friend). What gives?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, the stereotype, im expecting a bad teeth joke any minute now...we dont have bad teeth -__-

so this brawl football, basically we press random till we get the training room?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
This is Mr. Doom reporting in for Ike Drama Season 5. The two contestants featured today are Nidtendofreak and theeboredone. Anything can happen in the next 5 minutes, but things may get heated if people start share-stocking.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Nope. But I do know that the students back in highschool around here were fairly...stupid. One kid in my sister's class couldn't find Russia on the map in geography. Which brings up the question: why is your country's geography considered highschool level work? We did that in grade 3 back in Canada. Geometry is also about grade 7 or 8, instead of grade 10. The list goes on.

The rating is the entire school system, so it does cover the teachers and unions as well. Americans need to catch up to our level of education. :D
Basically, the TX BoE is not comprised of teachers. It's comprised of people who 1) are rich enough to get elected in and 2) care enough to put their bias into the standard curriculum. For example: the head of the BoE is some random rich dentist. Dentist =/= teacher. Said head of the Board of Education is very conservative and super Christian like everyone else elected in.

What the BoE has recently decided to do is teach kids that the USA was founded basically as a Christian haven of sorts. And even though our first amendment states there is no established religion, and though many pieces of literature were written by the founders that established religion was basically evil in a close-to-pure form, their arguments for freedom of religion IMPLIED that it's all for Christians.

It's ****ing sickening.

Let me pull some random quotes from Thomas Jefferson that I'll be showing my future kids if they're taught this baloney.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear."

"To talk of immaterial existences is to talk of nothings. To say that the humal soul, angels, god, are immaterial, is to say they are nothings.... I cannot reason otherwise... without plunging into the fathomless abyss of dreams and phantasms...."

"We talk about a secular India... Some people think that it means something opposed to religion. That obviously is not correct. What it means is that it is a State which honours all faiths equally and gives them equal opportunities...."

Also found in a treaty with Tripoli made in 1796 by G Washington and signed in 1797 by J Adams:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character on enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; ...it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religios opinions shall ever produce and interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Basically. It is written CLEARLY that what the BoE wants to put across is not the intent of America, and the founders were likely nothing like Christians at all. Deists, and maybe Agnostics and Atheists seem to be closer descriptions.

And no, I'm not some super liberal or anything. I really hate politics on the whole. But changing history to put influence into your bias (no matter your views) is work of catastrophic level morons and douchebags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom