• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh yea, TWEWY was definitely an awesome game. Kinda had me multi-tasking, but still fun. Story was definitely up there.

And I remembered the game now, it's called Jake Hunter, Detective Story.

Edit: San, you should also check out Blue Dragon: Awakening Shadow

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
lol touche.

But i have not heard of that. Explain.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

NeoGAF has the type of guys who zooms in on every little thing to notice their textures, ogles over sales charts, and are much more technical than the average person when concerning games.

I played FFT: A but I haven't heard many good things about a2..

The castlevanias, trauma center, kirby: canvas curse, and TWEWY were all pretty good. TWEWY is very easy if you learn to exploit the cards, except for the ultimate final boss on the hardest difficulty.

I was going to play Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow, too, but I decided to put it on hold.

Yes I play a lot of DS games rofl.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There is also Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. Yet another "fun, but will make you rage" game, seeing as one of the game's mechanics is killing your teammates. If you get all three endings (only forced plume use, plume'd 1-2 others, plume'd 3+ teamamates), you unlock another area. It's not canon, and much more light hearted and funny.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, these days the only game i even play is brawl and brawl only, if i get another game, i play it for a few days and then go back to brawl, so i dont bother buying games for the sake of saving money.

scratch that, pokemon HG is practically glued to the inside of the ds, the first pokemon game i ever bought XP

earla

Smash Lord
best ike players to study currently?

best source of info. for ike smashboards forums or allisbrawl?

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
lol, these days the only game i even play is brawl and brawl only, if i get another game, i play it for a few days and then go back to brawl, so i dont bother buying games for the sake of saving money.

scratch that, pokemon HG is practically glued to the inside of the ds, the first pokemon game i ever bought XP
Even though I don't know your age and will probably feel stupid later, I will still say this: what else were you doing when you were like 5 or 6? To me, Pokemon was like the in thing. Kids and teenagers were playing it and there were even times where it seemed like you couldn't go a day without seeing something Pokemon related.
Still HG is pretty awesome. Brought back my memories. I play shoddy for the battling though.

earla

Smash Lord
also, if opponent shield is low what move is my best shield breaking option.

also what is my best shield poking option?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
best ike players to study currently?

best source of info. for ike smashboards forums or allisbrawl?
Everyone has a different playstyle, so it's impossible to recommend that you study one person solely, lest you end up with a cheap imitation of their playstyle. Instead, try to develop your own style and get a feel for all of Ike's moves and only then look at videos of top Ike players. That said, the best Ike right now is San, to answer your question.

I don't visit AllisBrawl (for the forums, you might see me on ladder) but if you have a question we can probably answer it.

also, if opponent shield is low what move is my best shield breaking option.

also what is my best shield poking option?
Shieldbreaks are pretty rare, to be honest, but to answer the question:

- A fully charged Eruption does 67 shield damage and a shield has 70 health. It's more or less an auto break but don't count on this ever happening.

Really, though, don't actively try to break their shield if it's low because your best shield breaking moves are the laggiest (Fsmash, for example). If their shield is at mid health and you charge an Fsmash then you might consider going for it. Or you could, you know, hit them with that Fsmash.

second question: Um, most of Ike's moves can poke weaker shields. Jab3 occasionally does the trick, especially since jab 1+jab 2 take off some shield health beforehand. The "best" is the apex of Aether, but you aren't hitting with this unless they are like on BF's top platform.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Cheese, then a random MK.
MLG rules took place, MK CP'd me to Norfair when I banned RC, it was too much. >_>

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Me, Brett, and Slaps got 25th out of 62 I believe. Mr. Doom got 17th. It was fun going to my first tourny since WHOBO. I was definitely rusty and couldn't do some things I wanted to pull off. Everything just seemed so foreign and strange to me.

I really need to get back into shaping up my Ike and re-learning some of the match ups.

My controller finally gave out .-. Happened during tourny too. It was bad enough that the C-Stick didn't work sometimes, but something went wrong with the Control stick, and if I held it in neutral position and tried to jab, Ike would D-tilt =/. I had to play my first two sets being conerned about slightly tilting my control stick up so I wouldn't D-tilt when I tried to jab. Fortunately, Brett found a white GC controller last HOBO and sold it to me for 20. Now I just have to break it in.

MLG rules are a bit strange...seems to me they hurt Ike a bit more than usual.

Even though I hadn't played in ages, I got seeded kinda bad. Had to play Espy (Sonic) first round -.-.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Got last place in tourney today. lol I'm slumpin atm. =/
Dang dude, step it up. No MK on NoFair johns.

Me, Brett, and Slaps got 25th out of 62 I believe. Mr. Doom got 17th.
That's a little better. Mr. Doom showin' up the Texas Ikes too. Lol Bored, it couldn't have been Utilt or something at least a little safer on-stage than Dtilt. IMO, MLG rules don't so much hurt Ike as they help MK... which in turn hurts Ike.

:034:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I've recently been choking in important matches. Dunno what's up but I hope I get rid of it soon.

@Texas Ikes+Mr. Doom, good stuff. ;O
@Jam, yes.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I see.
I also saw a post in Tactical saying Ike has two hurtboxes in Aether, one where he is and one where the sword is.

EDIT: Question was answered there so nevermind.

EDIT2: With the lack of options thing, since Ike lacks options, is there any way to keep from being predictable with such few options?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I see. I also saw a post in Tactical saying Ike has two hurtboxes in Aether, one where he is and one where the sword is. I have never seen a situation like this though, so I was confused.
Uuuh... could be the hitbox duration on Eruption that causes Ike to jump up into it and get hit? I really doubt Ike's sword has a hurtbox during that, but if anyone would know for sure it would be Kirk. It wouldn't be insta-death anyways at low percents or with an uncharged Eruption... Eruption has a more vertical trajectory until it's fully charged and even then it can be DId easily.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It's people not knowing about Ike being entertaining. And Ike died through a stage spike in that situation.
Ah so probably my theory was right then, it was a fluke one-time thing where Kirby timed the hitbox so Ike jumped into it mid-Aether and connected with Eruption's hitbox in a way that sent him toward the bottom of the stage, thus stage-spiking him. In that case it's still not insta-death cause you could tech it.

/prettyuselesspost

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Yep.

I lol'd at the idea of Ike having a hurtbox in the spinning sword while he's down below. If that was true, Ike dittos would be even more stupid. "I knocked him off stage!" *swings Dtilt at aether's spinning sword, watches Ike fall to his death*

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yep.

I lol'd at the idea of Ike having a hurtbox in the spinning sword while he's down below. If that was true, Ike dittos would be even more stupid. "I knocked him off stage!" *swings Dtilt at aether's spinning sword, watches Ike fall to his death*
Lmfao, if you jabbed the spinning sword WTF would happen? Would Aether be interrupted and Ike fall slowly to his doom from down below or would he teleport up on stage where his sword was? It's just the dumbest concept ever. If it was the former, Ikes could just Jab gimp other Ikes out of Aether.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm glad Aether is a solid move already, though.

Say what you will about it, but it's like a gigantic wall of swords!

That can move 2 feet horizontally....

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I like Aether. I'm always trying to find viable ways to use it in 1v1s other than Aether-planking. I've found a few uses but they're mostly situational and require you to make a hard read. Using Aether to shark the top platform on BF is fun when your opponent isn't expecting it; especially if they spot-dodge or roll, eats it right up.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I'm of the opinion that Aether has the potential to be a very good gimping option on several characters. The only problem is that if you screw it up you're going to die :/

If someone managed to perfect the 'art' of reverse Aether gimps then it'd be quite the sight.For now, I only try it on Link, DK and Bowser. Jump off the ledge, counter their recovery and then Aether them. Bit tricky at first but it looks pretty cool once you get the hang of it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm, I've never tried that on Link. I tend to stick to edge-hogs and walk-off aerials with him. There aren't really too many other characters whose recovery would be shut down by a well-timed Aetherspike, at least not that I can think of off the top of my head. Yoshi maybe if you catch him after the SA frames of his double-jump or Pit if you get him during his upB... those are both very situational though.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hmm, I've never tried that on Link. I tend to stick to edge-hogs and walk-off aerials with him. There aren't really too many other characters whose recovery would be shut down by a well-timed Aetherspike, at least not that I can think of off the top of my head. Yoshi maybe if you catch him after the SA frames of his double-jump or Pit if you get him during his upB... those are both very situational though.

Well, in theory, it can work on every single character in the game. It just grows increasingly risky as you go up the tier list (and, hence, their options increase).

It's particularly easy to do to, say, Captain Falcon or Ganondorf but if you try to do it to someone such as Marth or Meta Knight you might get a stage spike for your troubles. It's definitely possible to intercept Marth's Dolphin Slash with Aether and beat him but it is ridiculously risky. I don't consider myself proficient enough to the point where I know I won't lose my stock trying to reverse Aether gimp Marth.

The only character it won't really work on is Snake once he has started using cypher but you have like 4 other things you can do to Snake instead.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Reverse aethers can be dangerous if your opponent knows how to SDI. They can SDI to the edge and grab it, leading to your own death.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I'm really wondering if it should be allowed to let people into the bracket when they show up after games have started. Sort of screws up bracket. I would have won at least two more matches in losers had this been prevented. (DPhat came late and started out in the spot that would have been Razer's bye. And after like his first three matches, he got to me in losers.)

Lost to Infinity and Dphat. Dallas = Metaknight.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
For yoshi you don't use aetherspike. You use Dtilt. Last Yoshi I played, I took all three spikes with Dtilt. His nose is just so huge you can hit it easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom