• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea I heard, but it's only available in Japanese right? Or was that just the first one? I just keep hoping they would involve Disney more, but now they've just become "planets" for Sora/Roxas to go and kick ***.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Wow Ryko that movie looks soo random but who cares its full of fights!
It looks hilarious. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. I'll keep my expectations low when I go see it so I'm either not disappointed if it fails or completely blown away if it's good.

:034:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Yea I heard, but it's only available in Japanese right? Or was that just the first one? I just keep hoping they would involve Disney more, but now they've just become "planets" for Sora/Roxas to go and kick ***.
Yeah, it's available only in Japan, so you'll have to import a copy here and either get a japanese ps2 or something called Swap Magic. I don't know if that's been discontinued or not, so yeah.

Oh, by the way, this is for anyone who hasn't seen this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh6xWF21Zao#t=1m47s

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I remember seeing the trailer to that movie earlier in the year. Reminds me a lot of No More Heroes for some reason.

edit: I forgot to ask this after the bi-weekly, but how come my texture hacks sometime work online? Is it because the opponent has texture hacks too? Sometimes they appear in the texture they are supposed to, and sometimes it's their regular outfit.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
edit: I forgot to ask this after the bi-weekly, but how come my texture hacks sometime work online? Is it because the opponent has texture hacks too? Sometimes they appear in the texture they are supposed to, and sometimes it's their regular outfit.
As far as I know you should always see your textures online even if the opponent isn't using Homebrew at all. Maybe it's more complicated than that or it has to do with different versions of Homebrew or something. I have Homebrew but I never used to it play WiFi and it has Brawl- now, but a few of my friends who use textures online say that they always show up normally... I dunno, that's weird.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Texture hacks should always appear as it replaces the character outfit model on your (client) side. For the opponent, it should appear as if there is no texture or it'll appear as whatever texture they have installed if they are using homebrew. I am not sure why it would sometimes work and sometimes not, it always seems to work for me.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
@Brett: I rarely go on /b/. I just know a couple of memes. My friends do on occasion though.
@Ryko: I remember seeing the trailer of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Looks epic cause it has a normal boy who has to defeat a couple of exes to get the girl.
@Mr. Doom: lulz. Does half of anything in that video actually work?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Depends if you/they picked the same color as you/them and whether or not you have the corresponding pac file for the texture file.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
What's so hard about my name? It's Mr. Doom. Now get it right, or else I'll subject you to my doom levels.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You can't subject me to them: I have a Mac and refuse to try to figure out how to emulate games on it! :D

Go ahead Ms. Doom, do your worse.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This is not the greatest place in the world, no, this is just a tribute.

:074:
A cookie shall be awarded for getting the subtle reference.

*Gives Watkins a cookie*.

Meglaodon77 said:
How should I recover safely with ike against Mario and that cape.
Don't Quickdraw. Predict when he'll try to do it and just Aether high and/or hit him with Aether. It's not really a huge threat as long as you DI stuff properly (DI up to avoid being low off-stage, which makes it easier for him to gimp you).

Heartstring

Smash Legend
A cookie shall be awarded for getting the subtle reference.

*Gives Watkins a cookie*.

Don't Quickdraw. Predict when he'll try to do it and just Aether high and/or hit him with Aether. It's not really a huge threat as long as you DI stuff properly (DI up to avoid being low off-stage, which makes it easier for him to gimp you).

but then again theres that pesky fludd to push us away from the edge, so i guess its the same as my last dilenma with lucario

edit: ok so i wasnt going to ask this because the question is really too general. but how the hell do i bait airdodges? and then how do i punish the airdodge?
this is really because i seriously struggle to kill people unless its offstage and seeing as its ike, thats really not good

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've been wondering how safe fast fall retreating bair is on block. It seems pretty decent, if you factor in shield push on medium sized characters.

Does anyone recall if there was a topic related to shield push, or how to calculate it? It would help me a lot when I think about certain moves.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
I just got done fighting some mk. Im trying to be a mk slayer...lookin lol. Nah but I like how they think they can win with mk cause Im using Ike and they end up losing bad.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I've been wondering how safe fast fall retreating bair is on block. It seems pretty decent, if you factor in shield push on medium sized characters.

Does anyone recall if there was a topic related to shield push, or how to calculate it? It would help me a lot when I think about certain moves.
so wait youre saying run away, short hop, then fast fall and b-air at teh same time? seems reasonable, i think thats the only way to hit small people with it when theyre grounded

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
...Orion actually made Inui turn Pro-ban about the MK issue...

THE WORLD IS ENDING! THE WORLD IS ENDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THERE IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER ICE AGE! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd prefer the world to cool down, too.
It already is dude.

Every wondered why they stopped calling it "Global Warming", and went to "Climate Change"? And why it's hard to find graphs about global temperatures that go past 2000 or so? Earth's temperature dropped as Al Gore was busy doing his whole "Global Warming" rant.

metroid1117

Smash Master
edit: ok so i wasnt going to ask this because the question is really too general. but how the hell do i bait airdodges? and then how do i punish the airdodge?
this is really because i seriously struggle to kill people unless its offstage and seeing as its ike, thats really not good
If you're on the ground, the easiest way to bait an airdodge is to run under your opponent and charge and USmash; in that scenario, they're forced to either get out of range, try and hit you out of USmash (which can get them hit), or fastfall and airdodge to the ground (which can also get them hit). If you're starting on the ground, you can run at them and then pivot and jump at them, as though you're going to use BAir, but then wait for their airdodge and punish them afterward. If they're offstage and they try going below you during the airdodge, it's an easy DAir kill. If they're at high %s at your level, you can either go for the UAir or the BAir kill.

You can also bait airdodges if they're in the air by turning around and just doing empty short-hops to pretend you're going to BAir them; if they airdodge, you can fastfall and run up for either a jab or a grab.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
cold is so much easier to deal with than the heat.... at least you can put on more layers of clothing... with heat, there is a limit to how much you can take off....

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Really, it's called global climate change because some places are getting hotter and some are getting colder.
And some places, like north Texas, just don't KNOW wtf to do.
And I'd rather be warm than cold. Then again, that's probably because my body has very little insulation.
AKA I'm scrawny.

And another thing about baiting air dodges--- sometimes, you can run under an opponent as they're falling and do an empty short hop. Sometimes, they'll think you're going to jump up and try to hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom