• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
That's A_B with his signature shirt. He's 18 or something lol. I've noticed Slaps likes to wear that Atreyu shirt to tournies. Brett has two shirts now, and I just wear whatever. Not sure what San does.

San, you should grow an afro.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
nice pic ^^ I wish I could go to USA this summer :(

EDIT : Guys, what do you think about this CV from Jujux, a french zelda player ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oay3GH3AkSU
Clips seem pretty cool. I've never watched a Zelda CV to fully understand what's considered a good clip and not. Not a fan of the music though. At least he matched a lot of moments to the music.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
Nice CV ^^

@Red-x : very true xD
@Bored : Yea I wanted to show you this vid because I've only seen a few Zelda CV's too ^^

Hey guys, I've just bought a new controller like this one http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-23-49-fr-15-gamecube-70-2ola.html :D

I've played flash games on a website for years and I had enough coins to have "electronic gift cards" so I decided to use my coins to have these electronic gift cards (30€). I finally had to pay 4€(~5.5$) + transport (don't know if I can use this word in english lol, I have to pay because they send the controller to my house. Is there a word for that ?).

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Money used to cover the transport of an item is generally referred to as being used for "shipping and handling" and is usually just referred to as "shipping" and comes from the word "to ship" which is generally used to describe the sending of a product, most often a finalized version of it. For example, 'companies can ship their new software' or 'the shipping cost of this item is higher than the selling price'.

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
I've done it. In tourney. Against a Toon Link.
Wow it has never happened to me. I think it's pretty hard to make it XD Depends of the opponent ?

@Yagami : thanks, know that can help me because my "main" (don't know if it's the right word ._.) language isn't English :p

bladeboys

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bladeboys
It's nice to read things like that, thanks dude.

Hey guys, have you ever noticed MK CVs suck lol ? I've only watched one and it was SO boring ._.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Thats because every tourney match of mew2king/shadow/dojo/tyrant is pretty much a combo video. and its way more entertaining to see the ******** stuff they do to people than what some random scrub does to his little brother that doesnt know how to airdodge in friendlies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True. Hell, I get tired of PLAYING against Meta Knight.

Playing Dojo/Dphat/any MK is one of the most boring experiences of my life. I HAVE to choose bizarre stages to makes things interesting.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think he's right

@Bored : Nope, tallmans vid asked Xyro's opinion and Xyro said A_B was about to cry even when he smiles haha (maybe i'm wrong :( )
Yea, that's why I said if it was Xyro yelling. It's all good.

i didnt say tallman was the one yelling... i was just saying thats what was said in the vid XD lol
Didn't see anyone else's name, so just implied it was tallman.

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
I know this outta the blue, but what are some grab tricks with Ike? Like what are all my options with Ike's throws?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Other than guaranteed bthrow--> dash attack at certain percents...

At higher percents, if a character doesn't tech your bthrow, it allows for an easy tech chase (with aerials or shield approach jab punish)

if an opponent lands near the edge, you can be a bit more liberal with your aerials (because if they shield, they'll be pushed offstage usually) Throws at non-dash attack % really just allow for further pessure on the opponent, but nothing really guaranteed. It just forces a neutral position, with you having the opportunity to close some distance.

Fthrow offstage to dash attack usually forces an air dodge or they get hit. Throwing offstage in general is pretty nice against people with just one jump so you can pressure wih long-range aerials/tilts from a safe distance from the stage.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Option 1 is the one with the highest chance of working after the throw. It's either guaranteed or close to it. Option 2 is a good alternative in case you're afraid the opponent might see the move coming and use a defensive option. Note this is all from MY point of view so it could be (and should be) different for others.

Back Throw
Option 1: Dash Attack
Option 2: Jump + Forward Aerial
*Dash Attack is generally a true combo on everyone from around 30 to 100 per cent.

ForwardThrow
Option 1: Dash Grab
Option 2: Sliding Up Smash
*Dash Grab preys on their instinctive shield after a fast move such as Fthrow and Up Smash will punish them if they get into the habit of spot dodging.

DownThrow
Option 1: Jump + Neutral Aerial
Option 2: Dash + Aether
*The justification behind the Aether is that they may try to go as high as possible after the Dthrow (to avoid Nair) and will not go horizontally enough to avoid Aether.

UpThrow
Option 1: Dash Pivot Grab
Option 2: Up Aerial
* This is pretty much inferior to Dthrow so use the one thing it has over it: the ability to put the opponent close to you for a possible quick regrab.

Back to lurking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom