• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
What about him buffering a grenade?

Nades appear on frame 1.
if you hit with the full range of upsmash you dont get hit by the grenade afaik? dunno ^^

E// but if you get hit it's all about reflexes to start your airdodge, probably he will start a bair or uair, so after you airdodged hes open and you can hit with another uair or bair =D

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
when ness is above you or any place in the air, time nairs. His fair isn't that much of a threat if you SDI well. if he tries to use pkthunder on you, if you can get on the ground and block, it's punishable by dash attack (as far as I know).

a grab on ness is a free backthrow-->dash attack which puts him offstage or a possible pummel-->jab if it gets in.

keep ness away with nairs and jabs mostly. You'll probably kill best with upsmash in this match, so after ness double jumps, that's your chance to lay on the hurt.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
So how exactly does backthrow to dash attack work, it seems to only work half the time, is it character specific?

also how do i do jab cancel to uptilt and jab cancel to dtilt?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Bthrow->Dash Attack is true most of the times but we don't have complete data on percentages/characters -.-

Jab->Utilt/Dtilt is just a simple pause/buffer in between button inputs, that's how I do it at least.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If you're talking about how Ikes deal with opponents SDI from jabs, then yes.
Let's say the opponent is a floaty character and SDIing up. Open to Utilt right there.
Opponent is SDIing away, you can do turn around SH Bair right after a jab(not a true combo obviously). But I myself would prefer to run after someone who is SDIing away with a dash->shieldgrab, since SH Bair leaves Ike open until his feet touches the ground.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Sometimes, I just time single jabs if they aren't changing up how they're DIing out of my moves (and not attacking)

If they're at a certain height a little bit above the ground (think like to ike's knees or something), then an ftilt may actually hit if they don't plan on jumping out anytime soon, which is just crazy lol. This is a low chance of happening, but always be wary of how people can get out of jabs and what your opponent is specifically trying to do (just get away, try to punish jab, SDI behind you, etc)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So this is how my convo with Slaps went for the first few minutes on AIM.

redsoxfan2thaend 10:43
omg such trash!
**** this ****
omg
**** it
**** it ****it

theeboredone 10:44
dang
slaps rage quitting

redsoxfan2thaend 10:44
mother ****er
****ing lag
0-71% he was playing as ****ing wolf
****ing BS
i was PSing that ****
**** that
****ing trash

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
true story, ****ing clan i used to be in is full of trash and just playing friendlies with some of them makes me rage. Too used to offline now because of Whobo XD. I realize how much wifi sucks now, but i gotta get over it if i am going to improve.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
LOLLLLL
Slaps is a RedSox fan.

Slaps, why are you not playing the players in my clan? I can't really play since I don't have a controller atm...lol I should REALLY buy that white one from Play-Asia.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, I got that badge too. I don't follow Baseball that much, but I knew they were doing really well last season courtesy of ESPN, so I went with them.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Dude Red, half the members in your clans are ****s they ignore everyone but higher players. I ask for friendlies but almost half the time i am ignored XD
Um, I dunno. They do lots of dubs though. IIRC, Kim played with them for a bit.

Bored, I don't follow sports in general much. I just choose whatever team that's repping NY(unless I know they're complete crap).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If anybody remembers the Fairly Oddparents from Nickolodeon, there were a couple episodes where Timmys adventures would lead him across the path of the New York Bankees.

I always thought that was the most accurate depiction of them.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Duh, the Yankees "buy" championships. Their payroll is retardedly huge. There was a recentl article on the most expensive teams. A lot of them were European Soccer teams. Payroll is crazy.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
LOL Red Sox only like what 4 world series?

Also yea their payroll is huge but they wouldn't be able to keep it up if they win alot. You make more money winning than losing...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
GO BLUE JAYS!

>_>

<_<

Hey, they've won before. ;_; Just not since the Baseball Strike...

Not that I really follow baseball anyways....

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If anybody remembers the Fairly Oddparents from Nickolodeon, there were a couple episodes where Timmys adventures would lead him across the path of the New York Bankees.

I always thought that was the most accurate depiction of them.
YES.
Duh, the Yankees "buy" championships. Their payroll is retardedly huge. There was a recentl article on the most expensive teams. A lot of them were European Soccer teams. Payroll is crazy.
No salary cap in baseball. It's ridiculous and keeps the Yanks on top.
LOL Red Sox only like what 4 world series?

Also yea their payroll is huge but they wouldn't be able to keep it up if they win alot. You make more money winning than losing...
You think all the money they've ever had originated from winning? Meh, I don't.

Palpi

Smash Hero
If you can make the money, you can spend it in baseball. It is a vicious cycle. The teams that are bad usually have don't spend a lot on players since they do not have the money to spend and it usually stays that way. =/

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Lol. They have players earning upwards of £100,000 a week. Safe to say that they got money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom