• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, it's true. At 2 am, my stream of consciousness just takes over and I just spit out random things.

Metroid, wtf, Brawl+ is long dead. Get out.

Edit: So after San and I got butt ***** in LT doubles in the winners and losers finals, I've been thinking of alternative partners that could work well with Ike.

1. Jigglypuff: She can stock tank, gimp people. combo into your moves, and also help you recover if you are too far from the stage. Her only flaw is if she takes a big hit, you're screwed and killing power is average at best

2. Zelda: Considered the "G&W" of low tiers. She can rack up damage, up-smash is annoying, Din's fire can save you if you are too far, and it can be used as a camping device. D-Smash is tricky, and her lightning kicks can get in a surprise kill. The only flaws I see from her is that her main moves can get stale pretty fast, she can get gimped, and it takes more practice than usual to get her lightning kicks down.

3. Samus: Can camp hard, rack up the damage with her projectiles while you deal with the killing blows. Can most likely save you offstage due to her projectiles, and always has that lethal Z-air to Z-air to d-air spike combo. Also can last super long. Only flaws I see is she lacks killing moves, and I figure it takes a lot of practice for an Ike and Samus to play well together.

4. Yoshi: Can camp with eggs, is slow at racking up damage, and lacks killing moves, but makes up for it with easy set ups. Can also last a while. I don't think Yoshi can save you offstage though, and the eggs might get in your way and screw you over.

I'm thinking of teaming up with either a Zelda or Jiggz player at next HOBO. Not sure which will help me more, but that's why I'm asking this here. I'll probably ask in the other character boards too.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Dang man, you are tall... I'm only around 5'6", you're almost a foot taller than me.

Also, I might be going to my first tournament since December! I'm mainly going for Brawl+, but I'll still enter in Brawl. Has anyone else been playing Brawl+ as of late?
Ooh, which one? Can I come with you? And I haven't been playing Brawl+ but I just got Brawl- working today. It's funny.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Ooh, which one? Can I come with you? And I haven't been playing Brawl+ but I just got Brawl- working today. It's funny.
Lol, I was going to propose it to you guys on Friday. The tournament is Don't Blink! 2, in Waukegan. We'll have to take a train to Chicago and then transfer, but I'd be willing to do it since it's the Saturday after this one.

I want to try Brawl-, it looks fun. We should play Brawl+ too... please?

And wow, such hate for Brawl+ :urg:. I'll go back to my lurking hole.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to go...hopefully I won't have a bunch of work to do. But even if I do I might go anyway just because I've never been to a tournament. xD

And yeah, we can play Brawl+. I think there's a new version since the last time we played so I have to go download that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I want to try Brawl-, it looks fun. We should play Brawl+ too... please?

And wow, such hate for Brawl+ . I'll go back to my lurking hole.
Eh Brawl- looks too epicly ******** IMO

I'm all for bbrawl (Keeping the spirit of brawl but not ******** ^_^)~ but I don't see the hacking scene picking up remotely anytime soon so I'm still keeping my brawl game up

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Brawl+ seems to only be popular in NY. No one gives a **** out of that state. I just wished Brawl- was for lawlz and casual play. It would be nice to have a version of Brawl that can be easily enjoyable for anyone outside of competitive play. However, when I asked about it in the Brawl- thread, the creator simply told me that they are trying to make it for competitive play. So basically, we disagree on some important things, but it's their game so I can't do anything about it. Nevertheless, it's still a fun game.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, I was thinking we should try and update our MU ratios, if only for being able to give accurate information to others/the MU chart topic. Most of them are out of date. And yet I believe most of us are sick of MU discussions, or at least don't really care about them anymore.

Solution: I manage to get my lazy self to make a new topic, all of us Ike mains put down what we feel all of the ratios are, we try to find the averages from there (to the nearest X5-Y5 ratio), and then say "Screw it, that's good enough." No trying to drag all of the other boards in. No discussing the ratio with outsides. Just blast out our ratios, and get it done with.

You guys willing to do that, or would I just be wasting my time? >_>

metroid1117

Smash Master
So, I was thinking we should try and update our MU ratios, if only for being able to give accurate information to others/the MU chart topic. Most of them are out of date. And yet I believe most of us are sick of MU discussions, or at least don't really care about them anymore.

Solution: I manage to get my lazy self to make a new topic, all of us Ike mains put down what we feel all of the ratios are, we try to find the averages from there (to the nearest X5-Y5 ratio), and then say "Screw it, that's good enough." No trying to drag all of the other boards in. No discussing the ratio with outsides. Just blast out our ratios, and get it done with.

You guys willing to do that, or would I just be wasting my time? >_>
Although I agree that we need a new match-up topic with ratios and that we've had some bad experiences arguing with people in the past, I don't think we would be able to obtain truly accurate information without having the other character boards give their input. If the point of the topic was to simply get the ratios that Ike mains believe it should be, then that's fine; however, without an antagonist to the discussion (preferably someone who mains the opposing character), the possibility of bias cannot be addressed properly if the information is to be deemed accurate.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts. I doubt I'll participate in it unless I see something I really disagree on because I have pitifully little match-up experience with tournament-caliber players.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Hey ike mains and all Sorry if i just barged in possibly interrupting a elder ike main intellectual conversation i just wanted to be a part of the ike character discussion board so i may perfect my ike thus quitting the Anything > ike stereotype sorry if i sound like a hotblooded overconfident n00b im just bad at first impressions lol.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Although I agree that we need a new match-up topic with ratios and that we've had some bad experiences arguing with people in the past, I don't think we would be able to obtain truly accurate information without having the other character boards give their input. If the point of the topic was to simply get the ratios that Ike mains believe it should be, then that's fine; however, without an antagonist to the discussion (preferably someone who mains the opposing character), the possibility of bias cannot be addressed properly if the information is to be deemed accurate.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts. I doubt I'll participate in it unless I see something I really disagree on because I have pitifully little match-up experience with tournament-caliber players.
Frankly: bias information would most likely be better then most of that outdated info. >_> I trust the people around here enough to not be overboard and come to reasonable numbers, particularly when all averaged together. Perfect? No. But a step in the right direction we need.

And secondly: I won't be doing any more in depth MU discussions with that stupid A2ZONG around. I'm sorry, but I just see red when I read his pure stupidity, and other people quoting it and responding to it positively. Even if I ignore list him, people are going to respond to him. I can't control other people, and he angers me to much for me to participate. He's yet another reminder that this site needs a little thing called "mods that are actually willing to punish trolls". If he somehow gets into the BBR...my respond post is going to be ugly.

Also, I believe most of the other Ike mains are frustrated with MU discussions. All it is nowadays is butting heads with another board and getting into a mini-flame war over who is more bias. I mean seriously: what was the last MU discussion we had that went smoothly? Bowser maybe? Only the ones where both boards go in believe it's the same ratio have a chance. I still get headaches thinking about any MU discussion with the Mario or PT boards. The first Lucario and Luigi discussions were just nightmares. The Lucas boards are filled with dreamers like Chuee. The IC boards last time I checked basically bowed down to the will of a few, very arrogant IC mainers.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hey ike mains and all Sorry if i just barged in possibly interrupting a elder ike main intellectual conversation i just wanted to be a part of the ike character discussion board so i may perfect my ike thus quitting the Anything > ike stereotype sorry if i sound like a hotblooded overconfident n00b im just bad at first impressions lol.
welcome to the Ike boards. Prepare yourself for a no sympathy path of being a "low tier"

I won't be doing any more in depth MU discussions with that stupid A2ZONG around
He thinks Ike is the worst character in the game -.-;; Cause even on for Falcon vs Ike he thinks Ike is on the losing end. (55-45 Falcon i think he put)

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
welcome to the Ike boards. Prepare yourself for a no sympathy path of being a "low tier"

He thinks Ike is the worst character in the game -.-;; Cause even on for Falcon vs Ike he thinks Ike is on the losing end. (55-45 Falcon i think he put)
For a board that won't give you no sympathy im actually quite touched. :cry:

And to anyone who said this i fought a pretty quick and strong Capt falcon main today it wasn't all that hard just keep your distance and space he lags between his smash so if he makes a mistake then punish him. Fair helps and Utilt helped me win 3 times in a row but then again i have no grounds to suggest anything i just got my welcome wagon today :ohwell:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I got frustrated just from watching that guy play the game, haha.

Anyway Niddo I went ahead and posted in your topic. It's a solid idea and I appreciate that it's just for Ike mains and stuff though there's like 10 people who post on a fairly regular basis here and main Ike, anyway. It's obvious that there is always going to be some bias in something like that topic but I find that (as a whole) we don't have any ridiculous people who just scream "biased", you know who I am talking about. In all seriousness I probably am the "most" biased here and I would definitely say I'm still level headed as far as discussions go.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Guys, yesterday I was brawling against a Snake. It was really random.
Did you guys ever used SH bair to SH uair at low percents? It works if he don't holds his shield upwards.
So now he's in the air and you have to predict it. 1. he will jump -> fullhopped uair 2. he will airdodge and fall to the ground -> utilt or usmash works. I was boring and tested a bit around so yea, haha.

TX7Killian

Smash Apprentice
Shieldgrab imo, or something OoS. If he jumps with an airdodge... uh, dunno, I think you just have to be faster than he :>

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I got frustrated just from watching that guy play the game, haha.

Anyway Niddo I went ahead and posted in your topic. It's a solid idea and I appreciate that it's just for Ike mains and stuff though there's like 10 people who post on a fairly regular basis here and main Ike, anyway. It's obvious that there is always going to be some bias in something like that topic but I find that (as a whole) we don't have any ridiculous people who just scream "biased", you know who I am talking about. In all seriousness I probably am the "most" biased here and I would definitely say I'm still level headed as far as discussions go.
Heh, thanks. I just need to wait for the last few regulars to post, and then I gotta start going through and putting up the ratios inbetween job applications, college transfer stuff, and other sites. >_> It'll get done though.

@bored: Dang it, thats the second time the dude has moved it in his photobucket. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom