• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
There isn't really anything in brawl that is that hard that melee will improve. I think I have improved a lot in brawl from melee...but...i've reached a wall.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ya, I know the stuff. Except for when I forget it. >_>

And there really isn't much for muscle memory when it comes to Ike. We ain't exactly ICs. lol
Uh, I actually do think muscle memory is pretty important. There have been a lot of situations, where I get hit or something happens, I don't think about what my next move is, I just do it. Generally, it's the same move too. Kinda trained myself to do some things in certain situations. AKA match up experience.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
So, If I were to send someone photos of stages for the custom stage contest OS is hosting and instructions for the moving parts, could you remake the stages and host them on a downloading site thingy? Nope is already going to get people to play on the stages and recorded it all, I just need a download link for the stages.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Kirk, I have a question. I heard somewhere that with music hacks, one should avoid having a song loops more than 3 times on a stage. Is this true? Does anything happen?

(Trying to put music hacks on my SD by stealing from youtube... some old game themes I want are less than 8 minutes divided by 3. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZqF2kHv8T0&feature=related)

ALSO, where can I find a current download of Brawl-? I have the first public release version and that's it. Couldn't find anything else when I looked the other day.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Never had a music hack replay over 3 times, wouldn't know. I don't recommend ripping them from youtube unless you can get them at high quality. The music is sometimes very quiet when transferred to brawl. Happened when I tried to use Ryu's theme from Alpha 3.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Never had a music hack replay over 3 times, wouldn't know. I don't recommend ripping them from youtube unless you can get them at high quality. The music is sometimes very quiet when transferred to brawl. Happened when I tried to use Ryu's theme from Alpha 3.
Running into the same sort of problem with a few songs. Others are doing fine, though. We'll see if there's a way to fix it.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Kirk, I have a question. I heard somewhere that with music hacks, one should avoid having a song loops more than 3 times on a stage. Is this true? Does anything happen?

(Trying to put music hacks on my SD by stealing from youtube... some old game themes I want are less than 8 minutes divided by 3. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZqF2kHv8T0&feature=related)

ALSO, where can I find a current download of Brawl-? I have the first public release version and that's it. Couldn't find anything else when I looked the other day.
Untrue, I have some rather short tracks that repeat more than 3 times before a match is over. I have one that is literally just the duck hunt tune from the title screen that loops probably 150 times before a match ends.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Running into the same sort of problem with a few songs. Others are doing fine, though. We'll see if there's a way to fix it.
When you "rip" the music, do you amplify the sound being played? Whenever I find something over the internet that I like, I would usually use a sound recording program like "Audacity" or "WavePad" and record directly onto it.

By the way, I do have my own custom music track for many stages in SSBB. Uh...now that I mention it, I remember posting a link to my SD Card Pack before.

One more thing: I seem to be getting over this cold I'm having. Hopefully I'll be 100% by this weekend so that I'll be ready for tournaments.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Bored I'm glad you posted that link of Freakizoid a couple pages back. I've missed that show. I've missed shows in that time period. I'm sure we can both agree that that show shows how shows nowadays should be... not this CN Real and Disney garbage.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Bored I'm glad you posted that link of Freakizoid a couple pages back. I've missed that show. I've missed shows in that time period. I'm sure we can both agree that that show shows how shows nowadays should be... not this CN Real and Disney garbage.

True, but I still like watching people blow up cop cars with c4's on cartoon network...still can't replace toonami

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Request Boomerang. You can get your old cartoons back if you request Boomerang. I'm pretty sure it'll cost money, though.

Also, who nominated me for one of the best Ikes in the nation? -_- I'm a scrub.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Please don't spread the pre-alphas around like that. ;_;
Oh, sorry, I didn't know not to say anything, I just posted link that was on skype... D=... prealpha? does that mean its almost done? lol. I can't do anything since my SD card is busted, the locking switch fell off of it and now it is locked on regular brawl textures when i load up homebrew. =\

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Everyone except me and a few select others, may I kindly remind you. I don't think I'm promoting NO KOAST so hard, so get gimped.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Also, who nominated me for one of the best Ikes in the nation? -_- I'm a scrub.
You mean that "Learn from the best" thread? I gave a few names like San, Bored, Kirk, and Kimchi, and then at the end of post I said something like "Oh, and Mr Doom seems to be up and coming as well."
I'll be going on a road trip to Dallas on the 25th. Oh the irony.
Do it, son. And play me.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, that Ike list is ********. San and Mr. Doom are on top simply, because of placings and activity. I should be next followed by Kimchi/Red-X.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
AB, I was talking about that Player List thing in the tactical forums and most of the characters list is just wrong if it's in order lol.
@Bored, Kim is most likely better than me.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
san and Mr. Doom are so active that they should automatically be high up, I agree.

Anyway, I've been testing something out and I thought I should share my thoughts with you guys. Basically, if you B Reverse a Counter after gaining momentum (be it natural momentum or foreign object based momentum [I tried it with a spring, personally]) you shift your speed and go in the OPPOSITE direction. My thinking here is, can this be applied to enemy attacks to make recovering easier as it provides a significant boost back to the stage while making you SLOWLY fall (or at least in the tests I did!)?

I'll do some more research on this by myself but if any of you can try it out as well then that'd be significantly more useful. More data!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I believe kimchi has some potential he plays smart and is quick to act. He just needs to get through those weird matchups he has problems with and gets to those tourneys rofl. I haven't been as active as you thought, bored. I believe I've only been to two tourneys this year, and one in December. I think Mr. Doom's more active than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom