• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
To me, it's akin to standing at the very edge of the stage, but having to hold the control stick a certain way. After thinking about it, it's not bad, but I'm just trying to wrap around the actual advantageous options while waiting there so close to the edge. If I was recovering, I'd find it very predictable.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
For the record, Eruption is my current favorite Ike move.

I find that it essentially captures the very essence of Ike into one move. It basically throws everything else except pure reading and prediction skills out of the window and threatens to strike with one of the strongest moves in the game in case the opponent DOES get read. Super Armor on f6 after release is so good.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Penta? Any NY ikes wanna see me next weekend? I will be in NY from the 20th til the 25th with band to play at carnegie hall =D so yeah you can visit and watch our performance if you like lol.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
For the record, Eruption is my current favorite Ike move.

I find that it essentially captures the very essence of Ike into one move. It basically throws everything else except pure reading and prediction skills out of the window and threatens to strike with one of the strongest moves in the game in case the opponent DOES get read. Super Armor on f6 after release is so good.

I'm not good at pulling it off anymore. I used to could right as the SA frames activated and hit the person, but nowadays I use it like once or twice, and when it hits, it hits. lol I should try using it in my gameplay though.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I only used eruption if someone wants to be really aggro and tries to chase me up high, then its like a free kill at like 60% haha since the charging time+them getting hit. I don't do it as much anymore but its a nice thing to do to SA the attack with eruption and hit them with it up high.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I only use it when they're returning to the stage *shrug*

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

I'm not good at pulling it off anymore. I used to could right as the SA frames activated and hit the person, but nowadays I use it like once or twice, and when it hits, it hits. lol I should try using it in my gameplay though.
I've managed to more or less get the timing down for optimally hitting Marth out of Dolphin Slash and Meta Knight out of Shuttle Loop / Drill Rush. It's so good to see their reaction when it happens.

The move is pretty much trash on the stage though. You can B Reverse it while running to give you a momentum boost backwards and stuff but seriously speaking nobody is going to be hit with a frame 30 move on stage (except for the Fsmash!). And even if you do hit with it congratulations you aren't killing them with it until 120% or so.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's very good against drill rush. I usually full hop before I ever use eruption, I guess so they can't easily hit me before it starts charging. I find it pretty hard nowadays to time against shuttle loop but it is very nice against MK's glide attack =D.

BlueHurricane

Smash Cadet
I'd like to ask something. I've had my C stick set to Smash whenever I use Ike. However, seeing these walk off Dairs and other such moves makes me wonder if it's worth getting rid of easier usage of aerials and smash DI for easier access to spiking enemies. Should I keep my Cstick set to Smash or change it to Attack?

Palpi

Smash Hero
You can non-fast fall dair with smash stick. Run off the ledge with your control stick already down so you don't auto fastfall it with the c stick.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I have several finals before I can even think of going on spring break.

My mathematics final is 50% of my overall grade...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yea, this last week was hell for me. A 7 page research paper due Thursday morning, Chemistry test Wednesday, Calculus and Chemistry quizzes on Tuesday, Psych research presentation on Tuesday, and doing additional research for my lab group from Thursday till I left on Friday.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
its a local tournie brett

lol are you serious ganon and falco

remember to no coaching! you have to **** talk everyone thats doing bad things[aka baddie]

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I finally beat Snakeee (in tourney). I'm happy.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
He beat me pretty bad second round in winner's. Breezed through losers, had to play him again. Beat him 3rd match. It was pretty close, but I was pretty much winning that entire last match.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
60:40 ZSS IMO. She can pressure us really well in the air. Her aerials come out faster than we can do much about it. But on the ground we can really do some work against her. She has to hope to get those quick utilts and jabs in to widen the distance. She doesn't want a direct confrontation on the ground. I haven't tried doing many things against his ZSS offstage though, so no opinions on that. Would probably be hard to do much offstage.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I only chose brinstar cause i thought pikapika personally sucked there. VS MK I'll probably only be CPing battlefield, PS1 or stages like that w/ platforms.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I got 3rd out of like 25 or so? Lots of people were supposed to come but didn't.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Cura and Pikapika split. Cura played pretty well. He beat pikapika in winner's finals (pikapika beat lain just for comparison [inu-i logic ftw]), and beat snakeee for the second time in tourney. I haven't lost to cura yet in tourney before though. It may be tougher now =p

Cura uses ICs btw, but he seconds MK and marth.

Our top 5 are good mains of non MK lol. ZSS, ICs, pikachu, Ike, DK lol.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Because my opponent would have to be brain-dead for that to work.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I had to leave my computer pretty early so I didn't get to see too much of your play, unfortunately.

Speaking of fully charged Eruption I actually got a Castle Siege Eruption kill yesterday. It felt pretty good. Too bad it only works one time per opponent.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I had to leave my computer pretty early so I didn't get to see too much of your play, unfortunately.

Speaking of fully charged Eruption I actually got a Castle Siege Eruption kill yesterday. It felt pretty good. Too bad it only works one time per opponent.
Yeah, I wasted that one time against my Sonic friend the other day. He was having a lulzy day, so I knew it would work then. Best part is that it works once on people who KNOW full charged eruption lasts like 20 frames already. That statue delays it SO much. Yagami, would you mind taking a minute out of your day to find how many frames total it lasts when delayed by the statue?
I'm just curious and I want to know for the lulz.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
you should check if you can hit the orbs in the center of brinstar and that right tentacle thing holding the platform at once and if that extends it even more
Lmao, when I was playing someone at a tournament on that stage, I up-smashed near the orbs. While the smash was hitting the orbs, my opponent ran at me and got nailed by the delayed up-smash. I heart brinstar.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Brinstar has been turning into my favorite CP for a while now.
I've also become fond of Castle Siege, especially against people whose projectiles are hindered by the statues (also, projectiles hardly matter in the first formation, since it's so small).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom