• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Hopefully bored. Wish for a speedy recovery.

Bored, think about it.

jab 1>2>1>bair does ~27% damage.

Fresh bair should kill ~ 120% We're on a platform, so we're even closer to the blastzone.
at 100%, if fresh, jab 1>jab 2>jab 1> bair brings them to 127%. On smaller stages like BF, this is pretty nice.

Another question:

Anyone know if near the ledge..

Jab 1> Jab 2> Jab 1> run off stage bair works? It seems to not be a true combo, but it should work a lot of the time, even after a single jab if they're floaty or DI up.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Makes sense, but too many of the tougher opponents just DI after the "2". You have to do B-air after that one.

And in regards to jab to d-tilt...it's a really nifty move for opponents at low %. Like I said, go under the platform, and you can make a good enough read to either do a full jab combo, grab, up-smash, and for hard reads, an F-smash.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The only thing is that I think they can just air dodge it while bair always hit. But if the dtilt does hit.. **** =) Also, sometimes jab--> angled down ftilt works. I've even been messing around with jab--> run offstage bair if they don't SDI high enough.

I think Ike's metagame is pretty unexplored on ledges and platforms, and that just doesn't make any sense. We have the BEST jab in the game. Jabs are really really good on the edges of platforms and ledges. Even if people can SDI, a single jab--> bair has a PRETTY high chance of hitting.

This means at a certain percent, we can stay up in the platforms as much as we want. We already have moves that sometimes work, like jab-->uptilt, moves we kinda sorta use offstage like jab-->dtilt. I think it's about time to explore what we can really do on these platforms.

Ike can already QD to platforms relatively easily, with almost 0 landing lag if timed correctly. I think Ike's game will be pretty platform heavy, moreso than it already is, later on. Underneathe, we can already pressure well when opponents are on platforms, and cool things we can do with nair at mid % when it hits an opponent towards a platform, etc.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Anyone know if near the ledge..

Jab 1> Jab 2> Jab 1> run off stage bair works? It seems to not be a true combo, but it should work a lot of the time, even after a single jab if they're floaty or DI up.
Not true, but I've definitely used it off a platform on Battlefield. And it worked, because it was unexpected, and the jabs make them want to air dodge down. When they come out of the air dodge, you should be getting just around to the Bair. (I did it vs G&W.)

As for the Jab- fall through Bair... that sounds extra legit upon first hearing. I think I may start practicing that soon and see how well it works.

Jab- Dtilt also sounds good, especially against characters where you just want to rack up damage.

I'm wondering if there's a character we just want to put offstage (Oli)--- perhaps we could make them air dodge down out of the jabs.. fall through and then grab as they land for a Bthrow- dash attack. It's kinda far-fetched and random and I really just pulled it out of my ***, but... So long as we're exploring, we may as well bring up any and all ideas.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ya'll jacking my jump -> QD onto platform shiz. Credit goes to me noobs.
Wuuut. I remember doing it way before you. You don't even do it anymore anyways lol.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Speaking of QD, I think Fthrow->Bthrow towards the edge of the stage, at a high enough % followed up with charging QD is probably a good kill setup if the opponent doesn't airdodge to safely land or tech the throw.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
San can you record our matches or can anyone so I can get critiqued? I'm going insane here not being watched by other people. I know so far that I need to DI better, but I just need more info from people like the lurking Nysarsc and metroid.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Uh I didn't save them -_-.

@Brett Yeah, by true combo I think I meant only the single jab--> bair part lol, my bad, but Idk if they can SDI high enough to get out, even though that's still not so likely (that they'll SDI so well on command)

Palpi

Smash Hero
Don't think you are good or bad. Even the best players have room to improve. Look at what you did wrong in which situation. Notice patterns that your opponent punished on a consistent basis and **** like that.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion

I'm wondering if there's a character we just want to put offstage (Oli)--- perhaps we could make them air dodge down out of the jabs.. fall through and then grab as they land for a Bthrow- dash attack. It's kinda far-fetched and random and I really just pulled it out of my ***, but... So long as we're exploring, we may as well bring up any and all ideas.
For the record, Olimar is immune to Bthrow + Dash Attack. Just a heads up.

Now, as for my thoughts on the jab topic. At the tourneys I went to I played a very good player who had plenty of Ike experience. From my in game calculations, he managed to get out consistently after my third jab 1 since he always reacted to the second one and was out after the third. That said, jab-jab-anything is fairly legit due to reaction times and whatnot. If you were to ask me, I would recommend you perform moves that hit low (such as Dtilt or Down Smash) after only the first jab 1 since they may have reacted and moved a bit away by the second one. For Utilt, bair, Up Angled Ftilt, Aether you have a bit more leeway and even if they SDI out they are going to be hard pressed to dodge the attack anyway.

On that note, Jab to Ftilt, while not LEGIT, is still pretty awesome. The jab sort of "autospaces" the Ftilt, if you know what I mean, so it's pretty safe to throw out, especially if they are the type to DI Ike's jab up and to the side, in that case Up Angled Ftilt will massacre them.

EDIT: Video is up!

The screen seems to have stretched or something so Ike appears pretty big, haha. Either way, enjoy the 14 seconds of footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGpYJaaLTFU

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wow. that's ridiculous.

What's the farthest you've gotten him to question up to?

My record's at 40 Questions, thinking of Rita from Jungledyret (the Fox that used to be in my avy).
Time to get even moar obscure.

lol, I beat him by thinking of a minor character from the same movie.

GGs Mr. Genie.

Browny

Smash Hater
omfg i got 40 too lol, so close to beating you >_<

Cortez from timestoppers :)

did it again for Slardar from DotA lol

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Akinator's been around for a while but he's still pretty amazing, every time.

Guessed Ike (too easy), Crocodile from One Piece, guessed Midna from Twilight Princess (after getting it wrong once, though).

He's also making me late to class. Love Akinator.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I haven't been feeling too well, lately. I haven't eaten anything since I had that Atlantic Salmon from Outback Steakhouse last Sunday. So weak...yet my stomach feels bloated...

No, it wasn't the salmon that got me sick. One of my family members is sick, and he coughed those germs all over the house and infected me. It always happens. Whenever he gets sick, I get sick a week later.

So...what have I missed? Jab > go under platform and bair?

Man...I can't stay sick until the tournament this Saturday...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, Akinator didn't get Waltor from SH4. Then again, he is a bit of an obscure character, since there is an adult Walter and child Walter.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
San jabbed me on the ledge and ran off and Baired me to kill me D= san's battlefield game is scary the platforms scare me! D= I is learning to cstick all my Nairs =D. I am joining Red-X's online clan since the one I was in appoints mods that are stupid, Bored, remember Malas who started arguing with you that one time? He is newly appointed mod.... So stupid lol.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San jabbed me on the ledge and ran off and Baired me to kill me D= san's battlefield game is scary the platforms scare me! D= I is learning to cstick all my Nairs =D. I am joining Red-X's online clan since the one I was in appoints mods that are stupid, Bored, remember Malas who started arguing with you that one time? He is newly appointed mod.... So stupid lol.
Wow, I totally don't agree with Malas being a mod. It's clear cut that he's biased, and not much of a leader. He can't handle pressure, and on top of that, he has a bad temper.

For those of you who don't know, think of Malas as A2 and me as Niddo...minus the beard and blood pressure problems.

Edit: San's BF game is so scary, we're gonna CP there in LT Dubz, and I'm gonna go get some food while San takes out the other team.

2nd Edit: San, have you gotten any PMs or notices about housing + Airport transportation?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Well Brett said his carpool may be able to pick me up from the airport. I still need to talk to xyro about housing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Well Brett said his carpool may be able to pick me up from the airport. I still need to talk to xyro about housing.
Brett or slaps or some ike main made a post in the WHOBO thread about sharing a room or something. Each person pitch in and help pay for the room. its a GREAT idea.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
http://us.akinator.com/

This guy will guess anything. It's so stupid. He got everything from Dogmeat (Fallout) to Noam Chomsky (Composer). The only thing he didn't get was Jean, the cat from NMH.
He didn't get King Ashnard, but that might of been because with some of the questions I had to put "I don't know."

I don't know if he's young. >_> Or if he had siblings. He killed his family, but I don't remember it being stated if he had a sister.

He also got Ike really easily. Like, 12 questions, lol.

*goes off to try Bass.EXE*

On question 40, he guessed Bass, but not Bass.EXE. :D

*tries Gosple from MMBN*

I win again. :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
WOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWWWW

question 3: is your character a rapper?: Yes.

Question 5: is your character black?: Yes.

Question 7: is your character connected with crime: WOWOWOW

WTF at this racist azz towel headed *****.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
My dash attacks (after bthrow) are getting powershielded all over the place.. -_-

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
**** it yagami are you back to your QD days? what happened to getting us data on back throw?
In my defense I am no longer making gigantic posts about Quick Draw. I am instead providing videos of cool things you can do with it! (opinions on Reverse Slide Draw...anyone?)

Anyway extensive Back Throw data is extremely tedious to obtain BUT I am doing it anyway because you guys are cool. And san's Dash Attacks need to stop being powershielded.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Reverse Slide Draw is the most epic mind game ever.

Opponent: Hah, he's charging QD! *charges up Smash Attack*
Ike: *lands, slides other direction*
Opponent: HAXZOR! *smash attack misses*

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Reverse Slide Draw is the most epic mind game ever.

Opponent: Hah, he's charging QD! *charges up Smash Attack*
Ike: *lands, slides other direction*
Opponent: HAXZOR! *smash attack misses*
Charging up a Smash Attack is probably the worst answer to Quick Draw ever, haha.

Nevertheless I like your example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom