• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Red, you have to SDI Snake's Nair, like Palpi said. 0.o

And deal with grenades.

If you pick one up and you get sent flying, and you don't want it in your hand, spam the grab button.

Also,
Kimchi is so disappointed, that he is mixing in past tense with present tense.
Kimchi is actually SO disappointed he is mixing up a past participle with present tense (or even perhaps an unconjugated verb).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
no no that is NOT gay

that is quite manly, next time you own someone quick draw to a platform, take off ikes[or yours] shirt and scream

I GOT'EM COACH!!!!!!!!

then keep said shirt off for mind game abuse

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
That's exactly what I've been doing this far o_O Why change now?

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Vids or it didn't happen, haha.

College is really annoying, bah. I've been meaning to get some more Bthrow data for you guys but classes are just a bit of a block in that respect. I feel somewhat guilty if I spend a bunch of time on what could be used for my papers and finals. So I apologize that this is taking this long.

Same principle goes for our (hopefully) extremely elaborate Ike guide. When I write up the basic outline I'm thinking I could send it to whoever wants it and we'll sort of just pass it around via PMs and everyone will add whatever they think they know best.

But, once again, I apologize for my delays.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
So I've come up with tags for doubles with most of the people here. It started when I teamed with Kirk.

Kirk: Spock
Red-X: 404
San(ford): Son
Slaps: Chops
Bored: Tired
Kimchi: Dmsum
Ren: Stmpy

Y'all ain't ready.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So I've come up with tags for doubles with most of the people here. It started when I teamed with Kirk.

San(ford): Son

Y'all ain't ready.

you late son, i been there and done that already, that was are team name back when we teamed for a couple tourneys.
I don't understand San's o-oWhoever understands the 404 get's a cookie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WqazleR3FE

the 404 thing, does that have anything you have to do with when you go to a non existant website and you get that 404 page not found error message thing?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah and a red x is what happens when a picture doesn't load in IE. He's an image that can't be found, I'm a page that can't be found.

Kimchi's is the least relevant name but I was basically just going for something with a lot of asian dishes.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
So I went ahead and rather quickly made a replay of me doing the Reverse Slide Draw (I figured you can't very well call it a counterdraw if it can also be used for Eruption). A friend of mine said he should have it up soon (although "soon" will probably take a few days).

The .bin file is here for your viewing pleasure if you have an SD card, though. If you'd care to go ahead and record the ~10 seconds of footage earlier than my friend then you'll have my thanks as well. It's Ike v Wolf on FD, by the way.

http://www.filefront.com/15771091/rp-100307-1856.bin/

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I checked the hotel and it is $89.99 a night, so Brett/San you want in if we get that hotel? I am trying to get 9 people so it will be $10 a person, it is double bed room i believe....

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I checked the hotel and it is $89.99 a night, so Brett/San you want in if we get that hotel? I am trying to get 9 people so it will be $10 a person, it is double bed room i believe....
i am smiling wayy to much at this post

lolol your name doesnt help much

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Biggest/tallest people call bed.

EDIT: By the way, after looking at tourney results.. I'm kind of surprised how much 1 person molds the results. It's really just 2 maybe 3 people on most characters not in the top two tiers lol.

I find Ike results similar to peach, where some of the points are more evenly distributed.

http://www.msu.edu/~worhatch/brawlpics/6MonthsFebruary.zip

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Ah, there we go. Ike has many players placing instead of one or two who skew the data, much like Peach (as you noted).

Of course we can chalk this off to character popularity, match-up inexperience, Ike users being 1000x better than other low tier character mains. Oh wait :)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Right now, I'm REALLY interested in followups after jabbing someone on platforms and platforms in general. pretty awesome IMO.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Jab to Turnaround Dropthrough Bair is probably my favorite as far as jab platform combos go.

Uthrow gives them less leeway for tumble DI than Dthrow, so I actually use that when they are under something like Bfield's top platform. If they land on it, they're eating either an Uair or an Aether.

What are your thoughts, san?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Excel.

Guys.... On platforms, how legit is single jab to turn around bair through platform? It looks PRETTY legit to me, but I don't have frame data.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I used 7zip to open the .zip file and OpenOffice to open the spreadsheet. Both are open source.

Anyway, Jab to Turnaround Dropthrough Bair is LEGIT. Consider that (at best) Jab1 gives +16 frame advantage. Turning around is one frame. Dropping through is also one. Bair is 7. 9 frames is a fair bit under the reaction time of almost everyone (also keep in mind they don't have an instant defensive option as well since airdodging takes 4 frames to become active and they can't jump out of the way in time)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
w00t sounds awesome. I'll try to get a vid going once my capturecard works.

Now that Ike has a guaranteed kill on platforms.. what next? How many jabs do you think we can keep on doing to a person off platforms/ledges?

My favorite is

1>1>2>1>tilt (*sometimes downward tilt ftilt works, as does dtilt)

or

1>1>1>2>1>1...... keep on doing single jabs, and when they're about to get out, end the jab animation.

Jab 1 bair only seems reliable on your first jab. However, it may be possible to input a small jab string like 1>1> bair or even 1>2>1>bair.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Jabbing on platform? Jab to d-tilt is fine. You spike them to the ground, and you follow them. Then make a good read on which way they are going to get up and punish some more.

On another note, I just got back from the doctor. Had X-rays done. Thumb is still broken, and he said to come back in 3 weeks. I hope it's healed by then, cause that weekend is WHOBO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom