• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Lucas is annoying as **** on wifi. I played pinkfresh like 20 times and it was pretty difficult. He is probably a top 2 or 3 lucas though. I wasn't SDI'ing and it kinda ****ed me over.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I 0-Deathed the last Lucas I played offline, Grab Release CG -> Offstage Fsmash the one before that, and Counter -> Death at FD's far blastzone the one before that. :D

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Penta wasn't the Lucas, it was someone else who MM'd me for $2 and I won 2-1, Brinstar ****ted on him olol
He was really good though, gets out of grabs too fast and he can DI jab pretty good.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
i hope our team battle was uploaded lol

we were pretty solid against wes and bum xD
i ***** sonic,u ***** DK

we should defined team again sometime :V

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
You get more damage from a throw and a possible follow up, especially if you can bthrow dash attack.
Not necessarily. If you've used Bthrow a lot it'll wear down, and Bthrow -> DA may not be as easy to get as grab release -> jab. Plus the fact that you'll be continuously pummeling them for the ground release adds up and refreshes your other moves. I actually find myself grab releasing a lot more these days, especially near the edge of the stage.

:034:

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Well if they are somewhat competent (as I suppose they are if they plan on SDIing your jab so well that the combo doesn't work) then you probably won't get more than a pummel or two on them, even at 100% or so. Bthrow to dash attack works on Lucas while it doesn't work on Ness, so keep that in mind. Of course you could always go for the grab release to dashgrab attempt. By the time they realize what you are try to do (and since they'll be thinking you're going to jab) you can pull off the regrab. Then you stop screwing around, throw them into the air and beat their kid ***. The end.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'm not saying you should always pummel and grab release, I'm just saying it's situationally better. You have to try everything on each opponent and see what works best. We can't assume that every player, even at a high level, can DI your jabs perfectly and will always know exactly what you're going to do. If we assume that we can also assume we'll lose every match.

Also, Bthrow's damage degrades pretty fast. IIRC it goes down to 3% after just 2 throws. That's why I say it's best to mix it up, and it works for me.

Side note: Even against frantic button mashers I can usually get a good number of pummels in by timing them as opposed to just mashing A quickly. I actually roughly timed it in training mode and I found that you can get almost twice the number of pummels in the same amount of time by carefully timing each pummel right after the last.

If that's known then w/e, but I always thought that by pressing A as quickly as possible it pummeled at the fastest possible speed.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I am the IKE slayer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Btw, hobo 21 was yesterday and i teamed with lee martin's ike in low tier teams. We got first. Vids will be up soon.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not saying you should always pummel and grab release, I'm just saying it's situationally better. You have to try everything on each opponent and see what works best. We can't assume that every player, even at a high level, can DI your jabs perfectly and will always know exactly what you're going to do. If we assume that we can also assume we'll lose every match.

Also, Bthrow's damage degrades pretty fast. IIRC it goes down to 3% after just 2 throws. That's why I say it's best to mix it up, and it works for me.

Side note: Even against frantic button mashers I can usually get a good number of pummels in by timing them as opposed to just mashing A quickly. I actually roughly timed it in training mode and I found that you can get almost twice the number of pummels in the same amount of time by carefully timing each pummel right after the last.

If that's known then w/e, but I always thought that by pressing A as quickly as possible it pummeled at the fastest possible speed.

An opponent at 100 damage can get out of a grab after 2 pummels. So iono if 2 pummels and release is worth it if you ask me, unless the situation calls for it.

@ Xyro: Yea, I saw the results. Wasn't A_B there? I'm not sure if I missed his name.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I asked Ally how he get's out grabs so fast and he told me he knows when he's gonna get grabbed so he mashes before the grab connects lol.....
I actually get out of grabs much faster ever since he told me this, spinning the joystick and mashing the A, B, X and Y buttons is the easiest fast way imo.
I don't remember how to use the C-stick(you have to hit each direction while going through neutral position or some crap like that) since IIRC, it takes away more frames when you're grabbed.

Also, doesn't Ike have air release to dash attack on Ness/Lucas? I keep forgetting these things....

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I got 4th in low tier singles =\ I suck and i would like to use ike more but i suck so much i need to focus on snake.

I probably would have gotten first in low tier doubles but when i got to grand finals(coming from winners) it was to late and we still had to wait for losers semis then losers finals and we just wanted to leave so there was a 4 way split but then i noticed hey dekar we can just take 2nd place money and get 3$ extra so we did lol.

I'm quitting life though i suck to much

edit: happy brithday slapz

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I'm frickin rage quitting all science and math courses. 4 straight nights of being up past 3 doing nothing but studying.

For all my effort, I got a B in Physics. There goes med school. Time to make myself emo. -stabs penta to make himself feel better while listening to the Pina Colada Song-. (2:53 AM)

Edit: Still rage quitting. (5:03 AM)

Edit: Rage quitting to the 3rd power. (7:51 AM)
What math class are/were you in?

I'm probably gonna miss Winterfest cause 1) no money and 2) Air Force bsns

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
well Benaji I'm going to winterfest and I think I will do good and I'm gunna MM Ally and M2K lol gunna see how I do.

Cross.

Smash Ace
whats the best way to di ikes jab to avoid jab shenanigans? Jab spamming ikes are hella annoying me right now. Im thinking down and away cuz up and away gets me absolutely no where(And sets up for combat walking).

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Wow, good luck Ryo O_O

If you can SDI down and shield, that would work. Erm, I'm not that experienced fighting against Ike lol. But away is the right direction, and up can work if you can miss the second jab and AD/Shield.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Trying to SDI away from jab is what Ike wants you to do, in my opinion. Although I haven't been abusing jab as of late, the third hit of the combo will send you horizontally off the stage if you're trying to SDI away from Ike. Just take the hits and resume fighting.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hey guys I was watching the hitbox visuals of Ike's attacks in Kirk's Frame Data thread, and i noticed something interesting while watching aether. I noticed that from the moment Ike jumps for the sword the hitbox ends for about 5 -6 frames and then returns after he has grabbed the sword and started spinning again. Is it possible for a somewhat fast character to run in and edgeguard fast enough to make it to the ledge before those hitboxes return?

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
whats the best way to di ikes jab to avoid jab shenanigans? Jab spamming ikes are hella annoying me right now. Im thinking down and away cuz up and away gets me absolutely no where(And sets up for combat walking).
olololololololololololololol

You could've just asked me man lololol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I don't know, but if the opponent shields your aether while on the edge, s/he can possibly be knocked off stage and onto the ledge. It has happened to me on many occasions, and I was edge-hogged.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Benjai,

WTF was that topic all about?

If you're talking about that "ONE NIGHT" where I supposedly got wasted or whatever, that was just Bored joking around and the other TX Ikes going along with it. I seriously don't drink and I seriously have never slept with a girl outside of a relationship. And I very seriously have never vomited on anyone.

And yes, I have the same girl as I did last time I mentioned girls. And I plan on it staying that way for as long as possible.

Dude. Wow. Just wow. I hope you got some infraction points for that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom