• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Got beat by snakeee in loser's (he got sent to losers by a sonic main, lololol). As expected, FD again. Woohoo (I should just ban that stage no matter what, I swear). I didn't play that well at all. I was too slow to air dodge, because I was thinking if he was baiting it or not. Most of my aethers got side-Bd. I CPd brinstar. Beginning didn't go as well as I thought. Couldn't get any nice hits in or pressure that much.
rofl I lost to snakeee in a similar way, the last time I saw him at a tournament was like around September.
1st match was FD, Ike vs his Sheik, surprisingly, I managed to get him to last stock killing percentage, I lived up to about....208%? lol he ended up winning. Then I wanted to go Brinstar and he switches to ZSS and just 2 stocks me there, ON MY OWN CP. Idk ZSS =/

Good stuff for getting 5th San.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Snakeee's other characters aren't that hard, lol. It's because I can't rely on my usual aerial spacing in certain matchups, and ZSS is one of those, apparently.

I just wish I played his ZSS more in friendlies, than his MK all day the day before the tourney.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we should take this as a sign to advance in our match-up discussion. Honestly I admit that I'm aware that I have knowledge whatsoever when it comes to the Ike vs ZSS match-up.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can still space vs ZSS. Her Side B is slower than Ike's fair by 4 frames. We have the speed advanatgr when it's a range battle. (surprisingly lol) ZSS however has better mobility

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Wait have you included 7 frames to jump into Ikes Fair. Cause if not than ZSS's is faster.

Btw:I know that no one on the Ike boards knows me...but I think...Ike is awesome he was my main when I was an extreme NOOOBBB/SCRUB. If any one even reads this and is wondering why I no longer play him it's cause about 8 to 9 months ago I realized that Ike was not my type. I realized that I was a defensive/smart/campy type of player. So I picked up R.O.B. .....and I <3 ROB. (mo' than Ike)
LOL

I think I'll come to the Ike boards more often to join in the General discussion.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
San, I would like to ask you something: I have been watching your videos as of late, and I noticed that you "momentum-cancel" with d-air. Is m-c'ing with d-air an overall better option than b-air? Or do you m-c with d-air because you were launched vertically, making it better than b-air?

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
San, I would like to ask you something: I have been watching your videos as of late, and I noticed that you "momentum-cancel" with d-air. Is m-c'ing with d-air an overall better option than b-air? Or do you m-c with d-air because you were launched vertically, making it better than b-air?
I believe both have the same duration so you can go for either or. I personally use Dair+FF

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
@ Mr. Doom: I think FallenTwilight is right. I remember a long time ago, dair was believed to be better, but nowadays they're both considered around the same. I'm just used to using dair is all. I just feel safe with the dair hitbox being under me when I use it.

@Slaps: It's more of a sonic getting in my way when I'm about to aerial kind of thing. I don't really know how to play with sonic. My sonic partner said that he uses sonic as support, but I don't know how to follow up that support.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
lol well i guess sonics spring could save you if you got gimped (ex. using spring when you're at the top of your aether so you gain height and get small knock back of spring) I don't have too much exp in doubles unfortunately so nothing really comes to mind when mixing the two lol. People i have teamed with before include Jingo(DK), Echo twice -_-(oli,rob,mk), some oli at PBT, RoK (didn't do too bad beat Beah and Bwett =]), KT(Zss) -_- I believe those are all teammates i have ever teamed with... So yeah not much teams exp.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Dair I think is slightly better for vertical because it lowers Ike's hurtbox slightly, which might let him survive another %.

I could be wrong though. I know they have the same frames.

Horizontally: AD > Any aerial.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
@ Mr. Doom: I think FallenTwilight Cross is right. I remember a long time ago, dair was believed to be better, but nowadays they're both considered around the same. I'm just used to using dair is all. I just feel safe with the dair hitbox being under me when I use it.
Sorry, just that the Twilight moves tarnished my account name

Edit: They also took my first and middle names too T^T

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't know when or where to call you FallenTwilight, Cross, or SyncSSBB... :(

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
wow i was gana come in here saying i'm going to a tournament in the mourning and that i would hopefully be using ike a good bit but then i realized that its thursday night/friday mourning lol.

HOBO results thread being up so early confused the **** out of me!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm frickin rage quitting all science and math courses. 4 straight nights of being up past 3 doing nothing but studying.

For all my effort, I got a B in Physics. There goes med school. Time to make myself emo. -stabs penta to make himself feel better while listening to the Pina Colada Song-. (2:53 AM)

Edit: Still rage quitting. (5:03 AM)

Edit: Rage quitting to the 3rd power. (7:51 AM)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
There was a case (I don't know when, though) where one professor would give a student a certain grade at the end of the semester depending on what field s/he was studying: A for Physics Majors, B for Engineering Majors, and C for Math Majors.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Do you think sonic Dthrow facing the ledge could combo into a Dair spike when he is launched??? Just an idea.
A lot of situations can be obtained to get into an Ike spike. Virtually any character can set it up for Ike. DDD's CG, Falco's d-throw, Link's f-throw, Ike's f-throw, anybody who has an f-throw, Ryko's f-throw...etc.

There was a case (I don't know when, though) where one professor would give a student a certain grade at the end of the semester depending on what field s/he was studying: A for Physics Majors, B for Engineering Majors, and C for Math Majors.
So what happens if a math major ***** the **** out of the class and maintained a good grade. And I figure that kinda grading system is illegal o_O.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Sonic is AWESOME with Ike in teams..... against people who don't know how to tech Dthrow.
That and people who can't recognize when to save their teammates.

EDIT:
HAPPY KIRKDAY!!!!

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
"and people who can't recognize when to save their teammates"

I would hope that if your opponents are playing doubles they realize when to save their buddy. Actually I am probably assuming too much.

Anyway I am back home! Yes!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yes ! Welcome home so !

PS : Happy Kirkday ! (What does that mean ? :( )
It's Kirk's Birthday.

My second is Ike and I'm not really sure of any AT do you guy's recommend any?
Ike really doesn't any have ATs. The only AT that I can think of is sliding counter after you perform QD in the air. Pretty much you charge QD in mid air, release it right before you hit the ground, and then activate counter the moment you land to get a slide across a good chunk of the stage.

The other I'm thinking of is universal to everyone, that Seibrik shield breaking thing. Someone else can explain that one.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Bored what year of collage are you in? From what i've heard from advisers in utep that being a biological engineer or medical physics gets you like 100% guaranteed into med school.

Also you should be pulling all nighters there bad for you! you need to study and have a regular sleeping schedule. Didn't phantom tell you this already?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
1) Most med schools don't require straight A. Heck, the one I'm aiming for quite clearly states that a student with good grades (A-Bs, with the very odd C+ thrown in) and volunteer work will get in before a student with straight As and no volunteer work.

2) Sleep more. All nighters make you do worse. Thats not even counting the fact that you won't remember anything you studied an hour before you went to sleep.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
"and people who can't recognize when to save their teammates"

I would hope that if your opponents are playing doubles they realize when to save their buddy. Actually I am probably assuming too much.

Anyway I am back home! Yes!
I am one of those people! =] In friendlies at least, Brett knows from personal experience =] lol. Yagami, me and you gotta play sometime lol our games are so fun and full of us countering each other's moves haha I hope to play you again soon.

Happy Kirkday as well... I better get a Happy Slapday soon.. 0.o

theeboredone

Smash Legend
1) Most med schools don't require straight A. Heck, the one I'm aiming for quite clearly states that a student with good grades (A-Bs, with the very odd C+ thrown in) and volunteer work will get in before a student with straight As and no volunteer work.

2) Sleep more. All nighters make you do worse. Thats not even counting the fact that you won't remember anything you studied an hour before you went to sleep.
The average GPA of a med school is 3.5 with a MCAT score of 32. I had to cram for this test, cause I was too busy studying for Physics the past few days to give a crap about the test I just came back from.

Arturo, there is no 100% guarantee to get into a certain grad school no matter what your major.

Also, it should matter what college you are shooting for in terms of med school. My first choice isn't exactly something in the middle of no where or out in the Caribbean.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Also, it should matter what college you are shooting for in terms of med school. My first choice isn't exactly something in the middle of no where or out in the Caribbean.
I'm shooting for one of the best ones in BC. >_> In a place where they are hyper competitive for spots as they have to take in people from BC and Alberta. Hence why they won't go on just grades.

Another way in is through the military. A certain % of all med school spots (at least in Canada) are reserved for future military personal. There is a process you have to go through, but getting in is much easier. They also pay for your schooling as well as give you a paycheck on top of it in exchange for 5 years of service.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Dash Attack Shield Cancel

It's just something that can happen if the opponent is shielding near the edge of a platform or ledge which is when you dash attack(some other attacks can work fine) a shield near the edge, you push the opponent offstage or away from the edge, then you're offstage and you can act from there.

Situational but the vid I linked up there can give you some ideas on how to set up that situation with Ike, you just need some imagination.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
I imagine something similar, USmash at the edge, opponent shields, you slide off the edge and BAir... Would make for an epic surprise hehe. Note to self, USmash at the ledge more.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I imagine something similar, USmash at the edge, opponent shields, you slide off the edge and BAir... Would make for an epic surprise hehe. Note to self, USmash at the ledge more.
Bair might miss depending on the character because of the shield push from usmash.
If it's a character with a small shield, you can usmash, then jump back at your opponent with Nair/Bair/Dair.
Dair for shield breaks imo, which is what I'm trying to do >.>

Also, if anybody cares, me and Penta are going to be at Bum's tournament tomorrow, possible stream and a few of NE's best players are coming =O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom