• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashunera’s Library - General Discussion, Q&A and Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Hey Kirk if you see this... do you have Ike's moveset for brawl- already thought out? If not I think we all should discuss it.

Basically make Ike super fast is what I think is all that needs to change for him to be broken.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
1) ;_;

2) Both Xyro and Espy love that stage IIRC. lol
Oh, well I was just trying to think it about how it would help me based on how I've seen both guys play. If we can get some damage on Samus, then they can't camp effectively because the blocks well...block for us lol.

Sonic, I don't see him being able to utilize his speed well on the ground, making him more aerial. I figure that could give us some kinda advantage...at least make Sonic more 1 dimensional.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sonic's KOing problems on that stage are suddenly a lot smaller...and we still have the same difficulty getting that KO move. That, and a simple spin dash cancel can both bust through blocks and cover like, half of the stage. lol

For Sonics, take them to PS1.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hey Kirk if you see this... do you have Ike's moveset for brawl- already thought out? If not I think we all should discuss it.

Basically make Ike super fast is what I think is all that needs to change for him to be broken.
Super Ike consists of double length QuickDraw with half the charge. Cancelable aether, and faster charging eruption. And halfing all pre and post lag frames on Ike. Simple as that

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Super Ike consists of double length QuickDraw with half the charge. Cancelable aether, and faster charging eruption. And halfing all pre and post lag frames on Ike. Simple as that
Needs more Ragnell waves imo.
/Ren's idea

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I actually made that all up heh, Kirk would know the real Brawl- Ike. I've watched a video, looks like Ike would be given even more than what I said XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San, do you know a kid by the name of Trey at Cornell? Back when Brawl first came out, he wifi'ed with me a lot and then kinda got out of it when he went to Cornell. He's a sophmore now, and I was wondering if he still brawls.

Physics sux. When am I gonna use Physics for when I become a Psychiatrist?

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
San, do you know a kid by the name of Trey at Cornell? Back when Brawl first came out, he wifi'ed with me a lot and then kinda got out of it when he went to Cornell. He's a sophmore now, and I was wondering if he still brawls.

Cornell has different campuses. One in Ithica and the other in the city. He might be at either or, but chances are that he'd be at the one in Ithica seeing how it's the main the main campus. But from the looks of it, it's pretty huge so the likelyhood of him finding Trey would be minimal, unless he can draw him out with some bait.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Cornell has different campuses. One in Ithica and the other in the city. He might be at either or, but chances are that he'd be at the one in Ithica seeing how it's the main the main campus. But from the looks of it, it's pretty huge so the likelyhood of him finding Trey would be minimal, unless he can draw him out with some bait.
While that does make sense and all, someone in college or someone in that region always tries to establish a smash club, so I figured San might have seen him there. I know here at UT, which is I believe one of the biggest campuses in the nation, every smasher knows each other primarily because we have a thread here on SWF dedicated to our college.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
While that does make sense and all, someone in college or someone in that region always tries to establish a smash club, so I figured San might have seen him there. I know here at UT, which is I believe one of the biggest campuses in the nation, every smasher knows each other primarily because we have a thread here on SWF dedicated to our college.
True in most cases, but if that were the case he wouldn't be occassionally posting something along the lines of hoping that more smashers may attend his college. Just saying.

And kudos to your college for having a smash club. Unfortunately, the smash scene on my campus is lacking, causing me and several others to attend the smash weeklies at University of Buffalo. The players are few and quality players are fewer :(
I end up winning everytime. But what bothers me the most, the one time when they have a cash prize up ($350), I was out of a ride:urg:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Of the people that I know that play smash at Cornell, I don't recall that name :(

Most of the people in the smash club only play melee, and I only know about half of their names. Only a few here play brawl.

I can't wait for finals to pass by so I can actually start playing again. My absence from playing brawl much showed at last tourney, and I don't want to get in a slump or anything.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
I was roaming around AiB when i took another look at Brims thread (red-x vs brims) and came across this that he posted in response to everyone yelling at him lol.

Brims said:
"alvin that was wifi xDDDD and besides laggy. Meh wifi johns dat was so long ago Play me Now ^_^

LOL and besides Me vs Red x is like a epic offline ike ditto waiting to happen. Since hes da best ike inda Bronx and i got the best ike in Brooklyn . Maybe i did go a little hard inda blog. But every body is intitle to there own opinion.

@ every body esle San is in (WNY) west new york he dont be coming to none of the tournys inda 5 boroughs of Ny maybe once and a while.

Now if i beat Red x then what dat means ?????? i only have one ike left to fight witch is san LOL

Hummm maybe da whole ike vs ike doesnt mean nuttin . SO by me beating San wouldnt mean nutiing cause i got get better stats then him by ranking higher in a tourny ????????? LOL

I personality think thats is overated. "
Brims said:
Lol @ i played kimchi b4 and i 3 -1 him But yeah he gotta nice ike.

i see this whole thing as steps i must walk up.
What the **** that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard. Out of all that horrible grammar it sounds like he is saying tourney placings don't tell how good a player is. It's like wtf?!!?!

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I was at the Brawl Tactical discussion and found a developing match-up generator that's still in the making and I wanted to hear your take on it.

I also wanted to have a quick talk about Verical Spacing and what tools we have available to do so properly.
I suck at matchup discussions since all I do is ask one or two questions >.>
Utilt for vertical spacing if that's what I think it is....*reads the whole thread*

And Slaps, I saw that blog like 3 weeks ago and didn't even post a comment lol

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
brims is one of those few left that placed decently in tourneys last year (with a low tier) when brawl was fresh so they think they're the shet and know stuff lol

he doesn't enter anymore now tho cuz he's afraid of staining his big "reputation" that he thinks he has o.O lol
his ike is decent tho, not great,but decent ~_~

anyway,i hope we're paired saturday Red :X
"QUICK DASH MORE,u gota QUICK DASH"
lulz

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
he doesn't enter anymore now tho cuz he's afraid of staining his big "reputation" that he thinks he has o.O lol
his ike is decent tho, not great,but decent ~_~

anyway,i hope we're paired saturday Red :X
"QUICK DASH MORE,u gota QUICK DASH"
lulz
Sounds like him lol. I don't deny his Ike is decent but its not as great as he makes out to be.

All this talk of team reminds me... BREEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT! BABBBYYYYY!!!! Team with me some time! I am tired of getting stuck with bad team mates *cough cough* Echo! *cough cough*. Though if you didn't know already that at Phase 4 Echo took out Bear's MK in tourney! Me and Denti were flipping out and B-wet was trying to give Bear advice lol.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
I really think Brims needs to pick up some grammar lessons cause I can't understand 2/3 of what he says. idk if that's how he is IRL but eh... I'm even with him, and him stating he 3-1'd Kimchi as if it was easy is LOLworthy. I have a crap time against Kimchi, and I don't think I've beat him yet. Brims needs to think about what he speaks/types. -_-

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I got trashed talk by a drunk a 4yr old in DR, and he made more sense than anything that was quoted.

Also, who is he to compare his tournament results to San's? The last I checked, Brims didn't make it to the NY Power Rankings

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I got trashed talk by a drunk a 4yr old in DR, and he made more sense than anything that was quoted.

Also, who is he to compare his tournament results to San's? The last I checked, Brims didn't make it to the NY Power Rankings
San's region is a piece of **** minus 2 players. Nevertheless, he has the placings unlike Brims.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
I guess you have a point there about players. The only players that come to mind when I think of Upstate would be San, Cura, TEG and Goodies. It's just that everyone is too far apart for tournies to actually compete and leave a mark.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I love Green Greens.

And if you think Green Greens stunts Sonic's speed on that stage, then you have no idea.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not much of a story, lol. Worst I placed (and played) in a long time.

The first few people I fought Wasn't anything notable. Sorry my region sucks so much, bored.

Played pikapika in winner's semis. As expected, he used MK. First stage was FD. Goody, my worst stage =/ I knew it was going to be tough. I didn't space as well as I hoped, and ate a lot of OoS nairs. I basically got beat pretty bad that match.

I was feeling lulzy and CPd green greens cause it was actually allowed for once. BIG MISTAKE. I thought I learned from last time I went there. I hadn't. It was basically a camping match. Whenever someone got the lead, they'd just wait on either side for the other to approach. I was actually in the lead for most of th beginning, but once that percent lead went away, all he did was run away while I tried to get damage. The bombs didn't help me trying to get to him. On last stock, I died by a random nair at 80%. I didn't think I was going to die from it because I DId correctly, so I didn't try to momentum cancel. Bad idea. Lost the set.

Got beat by snakeee in loser's (he got sent to losers by a sonic main, lololol). As expected, FD again. Woohoo (I should just ban that stage no matter what, I swear). I didn't play that well at all. I was too slow to air dodge, because I was thinking if he was baiting it or not. Most of my aethers got side-Bd. I CPd brinstar. Beginning didn't go as well as I thought. Couldn't get any nice hits in or pressure that much.

Snakeee went on to loser's finals, won that, then beat Pikapika 3-2.

BTW, anyone know how to team well with a sonic? I honestly have no clue.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I find that interesting. I'd like to see for myself sometime.
HOBO21.

Oh, and little things about Green Greens for Sonic:

1: KOing issue is no longer a problem. For example, his bthrow will kill around 120%, and the nearly guaranteed uthrow -> uair around 80-90% will star KO.

2: Sonic has an incredibly easy time setting up his jab lock on this stage.

3. Sonic's a beast with items (apples)

4: Sonic's spinshot makes him just as mobile on this stage as he is on stages like Battlefield and Final Destination.

He just has a lot of control here. The only bad thing about Sonic on this stage is that his amazing recovery is null and void.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
San, I'm guessing Snaaake used ZSS?

Espy, I won't be at Hobo 21, but whenever I do get around to meeting up with you, I wouldn't mind playing you there.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I remember when i first played Snakeee.... It was during my time of being a wifi player but running into him in tourney.

If your getting Side B'd from your aether try mixing up your recovery. And by mixing up, by using aether earlier as making him jump and side - b requires him to be more precise.. more work = more chances of error

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
All this talk of team reminds me... BREEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT! BABBBYYYYY!!!! Team with me some time! I am tired of getting stuck with bad team mates *cough cough* Echo! *cough cough*. Though if you didn't know already that at Phase 4 Echo took out Bear's MK in tourney! Me and Denti were flipping out and B-wet was trying to give Bear advice lol.
1) No.
2) I beat Bear's MK in tourney too. It's not very good. His other characters are better.
Espy -- Good place to take Sonic= small stage, platforms? I'm thinking BF and Brinstar would be a couple good choices.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
;-; @ Bored. I wanted to play you NAO.

=====

Brinstar is good vs. Sonic. Very good.
Small, erradic levels without proper footing.

Yupyup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom